estjol

Feb 13, 2018
Running into this error when trying to start ng+.
I started the whole game from scratch, on a fresh download of the game from dlsite.
This is in the post clear recollection room after clearing the normal game + dlc on hard.

Anyone else experiencing this?

snstep

Mar 18, 2019
what is the recommended choice for the epitaph?
You'll eventually be able to max out every buff. I usually start with the EXP bonus (gain Mementos faster, which can be used in the Unmarked Grave for even more buffs), and EP last (because you can get more EP through the Unmarked Grave anyway). The others, kinda based on playstyle. You probably won't get much use out of the Success Rate buff if you're using a Fairy Ring, for example.

I'm really bad at figuring out bugs, but usually the best bet is to report it on SQDT's official Discord.
The link per their Twitter, if you don't already have it, is:

Esander

Aug 24, 2020
Finished the DLC. Had a save basically at the right place to start it, which was nice. It's not as good as the main game. Album mostly ends up doing the same things as the Pfks powers. The story is mostly predictable.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Map gimmicks feel less inventive than the main game. Fights are easy too. Might be balanced to be winnable at start? But then why are there extra rewards for having all the abilities? It's weird. On Hard and I never felt in danger of losing.

I feel like it's about 90% as good as Succubus Academia. 90% of Succubus Academia is still a good game but I hoped for more. Still worth the money and the wait, though.

i cant figure out how to upgrade my Epitaph Card. lol... the grave digger doesnt say anything.
says next entry 10* i have 67* or is the grave digger a different NPC i am missing?
Make sure you go to the start of each "route" in the graveyard. You need the monologue on what each Stance does before the dialogue options with the gravedigger appear.

EP, Life, Mood, Success Rate, EXP. More level rewards are useless long-term because you don't need that many Mementos to max one route. You can do it before you get to the last survivor and start fighting Notorious Succubi for the True Ending. Similarly it can give Ideal Wax but the Fairy Ring is the best general-purpose Ring anyway, so other Rings are a luxury. Other bonuses help much more.

In terms of good ones, more EP lets you spend more time on offense. More Life mostly lets you be more aggressive with Surrender especially if you use Brave. Mood increase is nice but bonuses stack multiplicatively and there's more +EP and +Life ones, so those Epitaphs have bigger effects. Success Rate doesn't matter much with Fairy Ring.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zenturial

bunny931

Feb 14, 2019
Alright, here comes my opinion on Epitaphs.

1st: Mood%! More damage is always good. For reference, in the Warrior stance, the difference between doing my full burst with the Hatter's key buff (+30% mood) and doing it without it, is the difference between 33k damage and 25k damage (both crits, btw).

2nd: Life%. Having a large life pool is more reassuring. That said, I play on Nightmare, and I have never ended a battle with Life low enough to have mattered.

3rd: Max EP%. I pick this one 3rd myself, just to save a small number of mementos. Completely unnecessary though, if you intend to farm mementos.

4th?: Hit chance%. Well, this one is mostly useless if you wear Titania's ring (bar the times you lose concentration, but that can only happen at the end of the boss rush). But, if you really wanted to wear something like the Warped Watch, it would be more useful to get this earlier. Also, the Phoenix feathers, key to success III and this epitaph might be really good together for the Sage stance, as you get 100% accuracy plus some crit damage bonus for when you do your burst, so if you wish to use these together, get this earlier!

5th: Exp%. I have found that mementos are pretty good to farm from wooden chests during dream stage 5, while wearing Titania's ring, Key to success III, Treasury key III (this brings you up to 99 luck, and if you have another treasury key, 102). At that stage, leveling up won't beat wooden chests for farming mementos, unless you were ludicrously unlucky. You can also extend your farming route towards red chests, and add in low chances of farming cat's pills and energy shots (not that I ever used any, and technically you can farm those from drifters too). Farming routes can be made relatively quick by using the Sprint and invisibility powers.

Last edited:

Misatox

Aug 21, 2022
Anyone have any input on what the best accessory/key combo is? I am about to start a nightmare playthrough and would like to know what people's opinions are regarding best setup.

bunny931

Feb 14, 2019
Anyone have any input on what the best accessory/key combo is? I am about to start a nightmare playthrough and would like to know what people's opinions are regarding best setup.
That depends on who you're fighting, and what stance you're using. For example, the Hatter's key III is great for the Warrior stance and the Lunatic, but not so great for the Sage (the reason for this is that shivering is the best buff from it, but the Sage already has that; groveling however can be bad for you since it increases your enemy's crit chance, and when the enemy crits their gauge always increases, this can only benefit the Lunatic stance since when the enemy crits your own gauge increases too, but the other stances are more hurt by this). Key to survival III can be good with the -% life lost, and also applies to abilities you use that cost life.

In terms of who you're fighting, I find the most annoying thing to be forced stance changes, and a single key +100% resistance isn't going to always work against bosses who use the stronger versions of those powers. So, I tend to prefer wearing 2 keys to protect from 1 or 2 stance changes that an enemy can do (eg. Succubus-chan has powers to force you into Berserk and Fear; you'll have to deal with all the stance changes against the boss rush (the battle against the 5 main succubi)), this way I'll have like 75% odds of resisting (or 78.75% if coupled with the Struggle ability; 3 keys of resistance would give you like 87.5% odds of resisting, or 89.375% with Struggle; 2 keys + photo resistance + struggle = ~84%). So, basically, you pick your keys in preparation of who you're fighting. The last boss has a bunch of possibilities on which stance she'll try to force you into, so harder to protect against, but bind resistance is likely still worth it there(?)

For the accessory, Titania's ring is a solid choice, but I haven't really ventured into other options too much to be honest. From the look of it, Phoenix feathers also seems great with its higher crit damage. On that note, especially for the Sage stance, Phoenix feathers + Key to success III seems a good combo, if you already have all 3 of the success rate% epitaphs, you get the extra crit damage and 100% accuracy. With this combo I was able to full burst for 26k damage with the Sage. This might actually be the best setup for the Sage, not sure.
In my experience, having all the mementos powers and 9999 EP, EP recovery% from accessories and keys does not work, there seems to be something of a hard cap. I think there's other stuff that doesn't work well, like the Theatre key, but I don't think I can remember all of them.

Oh, and when you aren't fighting any big boss, the best stuff to wear is Titania's Ring, Key to Success III, Treasury key III, and for the 3rd key either a 2nd treasury key or key to escape, or whatever you want. Higher luck means better odds at drops from chests and drifters, plus the treasury key will really crank up your money gain.

Reactions: Zenturial

Misatox

Aug 21, 2022
That depends on who you're fighting, and what stance you're using. For example, the Hatter's key III is great for the Warrior stance and the Lunatic, but not so great for the Sage (the reason for this is that shivering is the best buff from it, but the Sage already has that; groveling however can be bad for you since it increases your enemy's crit chance, and when the enemy crits their gauge always increases, this can only benefit the Lunatic stance since when the enemy crits your own gauge increases too, but the other stances are more hurt by this). Key to survival III can be good with the -% life lost, and also applies to abilities you use that cost life.

In terms of who you're fighting, I find the most annoying thing to be forced stance changes, and a single key +100% resistance isn't going to always work against bosses who use the stronger versions of those powers. So, I tend to prefer wearing 2 keys to protect from 1 or 2 stance changes that an enemy can do (eg. Succubus-chan has powers to force you into Berserk and Fear; you'll have to deal with all the stance changes against the boss rush (the battle against the 5 main succubi)), this way I'll have like 75% odds of resisting (or 78.75% if coupled with the Struggle ability; 3 keys of resistance would give you like 87.5% odds of resisting, or 89.375% with Struggle; 2 keys + photo resistance + struggle = ~84%). So, basically, you pick your keys in preparation of who you're fighting. The last boss has a bunch of possibilities on which stance she'll try to force you into, so harder to protect against, but bind resistance is likely still worth it there(?)

For the accessory, Titania's ring is a solid choice, but I haven't really ventured into other options too much to be honest. From the look of it, Phoenix feathers also seems great with its higher crit damage. On that note, especially for the Sage stance, Phoenix feathers + Key to success III seems a good combo, if you already have all 3 of the success rate% epitaphs, you get the extra crit damage and 100% accuracy. With this combo I was able to full burst for 26k damage with the Sage. This might actually be the best setup for the Sage, not sure.
In my experience, having all the mementos powers and 9999 EP, EP recovery% from accessories and keys does not work, there seems to be something of a hard cap. I think there's other stuff that doesn't work well, like the Theatre key, but I don't think I can remember all of them.

Oh, and when you aren't fighting any big boss, the best stuff to wear is Titania's Ring, Key to Success III, Treasury key III, and for the 3rd key either a 2nd treasury key or key to escape, or whatever you want. Higher luck means better odds at drops from chests and drifters, plus the treasury key will really crank up your money gain.
Thank you very much for the well worded and detailed reply! This will help a ton!

bunny931

Feb 14, 2019
The more I try the other stances, the more I realize that the Lunatic is not a good stance. You have to do so much fucking setup by comparison, it's ridiculous.

Mar 11, 2021
well let me know when we get the DLC ourselves, here's hoping it doesn't take too long
as for strats, personally I made it out with the slave set and had good fun

Ruin1243

Feb 24, 2023
I started the whole game from scratch, on a fresh download of the game from dlsite.
This is in the post clear recollection room after clearing the normal game + dlc on hard.

Anyone else experiencing this?
I'm getting the exact same bug, in the exact same situation as you as well (downloaded from DL site and beat game on hard)

4.80 star(s) 19 Votes