snstep

Mar 18, 2019
So if someone started the game (base plus DLC) completely fresh, would they eventually run into this(these) error(s), or is it safe?
They'll definitely run into the missing character profile (though you can use the patched filed I posted above to fix that). Since I'm not sure how the NG+ bug comes up, I can't say for certain, but since I know what causes it I'd say there's probably a decent chance. However, that bug only becomes a concern if you get the true ending and then try to 100% through consecutive runs. If you don't care about doing multiple runs for 100% completion or just repeatedly get the normal ending on the path to 100%-ing, you'll never encounter it.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Gonna wait a little more and see how fares your test-it-on-JP-latest-version run with the post-true end NG+. :)
Thanks for looking into things!

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Afaik, the only thing the questions are supposed to do is change Pafukusu's appearance in the final confrontation (maybe it can change the size of other succubi's breasts, not sure). However, if you NG+ after answering the questions then Pafukusu's appearance will default to her unchanged form, with the exception of breast size, I think.
Yes, there is a meaning.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Damn, no wonder I didn't notice. The options I chose practically made her look the same as she normally does.

Last edited:

bunny931

Feb 14, 2019
Interesting. Charm buffs are completely useless, considering that charm is capped at 999, so that soul liberator would be very bad.
And indeed, insult is either unaffected by combo bonus% effects, or it simply won't combo into counter. A few times, I have gotten counter after using insult, but it's likely just "greater resistance" doing it's thing. Well, if you checked the files, I guess we can be certain it doesn't work, period.
Something else about the Commons key is that EP recovery is capped with your willpower, so buffs to your EP recovery from your keys and accessories don't give you anything once your willpower is at 999.
Btw, I wonder if koropokkuru's photo is designed to recover less EP than hold back and deep breath, or if some modifier is unintentionally not being applied to that photo. The photo recovers 2k for me, while deep breath and hold back recover 2.9k.

EDIT: Oh, small pet peeve, I found the word choice for the forced stance photos to be odd. "Null". At the very start I assumed it was straight immunity, then I started thinking it likely just means +100% which of course gets cut by the stronger versions of the stances.

Also, small reminder that Regret doesn't do anything to a maxed charm character...

Last edited:

snstep

Mar 18, 2019
Okay, now you've got me pulling out some behind-the-scenes trivia.

Do these items actually exist in game or just dummy/test items:
They're all "dummy" items. Generally I speaking, I went through and translated most of the dummied-out stuff just in case it came up in the game somewhere I didn't notice. There are also different types of tea that don't appear in the game, as (per SQDT comments on Twitter) each area was supposed to have its own type of tea, but only two ended up getting used. The lack of Afternoon Tea was such a waste. I really enjoyed the item description. "Black tea that you can drink it in the morning, too."

There's also a few skills like that, most of which weren't translated, but for fun trivia:
"Wait" - Was not implemented (based on the description, it was meant to be an alternative to "Squirm" when hit with the bind status, which had no chance of breaking free, but no chance of injuring you)
"Chaos" - has the same effect as "Lose It" from the Hatter's Key, but was tied to the support magic menu (costs 30% of Life and shares a cooldown with Veil and Regret).

Three skills tied to what appears to be an unimplemented "Fighter" skill tree that more direct physical resistance. "Slap" (built stance points, "Aggression"), "Beat Down" (three random attacks, costs Aggression), and "Guard" (typical RPG deal, no "damage", but you take less).

Finally, there's a status effect, Enraptured (upgraded name, Entranced), that isn't used anywhere in the game but is in the game's code in a usable way, has its own stance icon (which has a subtitle translation like the others), and is usable to the point that it shows up in mods every now and again. It forces you the player to use the "Space Out" skill for several terms, similarly to Berserk.

Most of the skill translations that don't quite match their effects were done to match the original text, as a sort of gamble. If ever the effects were "fixed", they'd be right. If they weren't, well, then at least they'd be wrong in the same way as the original. I figured that was the safer path.

With regards to Struggle the expansion was supposed to have a sort of Status Guard system where any skill used to negate or prevent a bad status is supposed to give you a stance point, but AFAIK, it only actually got implemented with the two-Kappas photo ("Symmetrical Docking"). For Recovery, I've not tested the mechanics, but it's supposed to work through the game's unique combat scripts, rather than the RPGMaker side, so it wouldn't show any of the effects in the States files regardless.

Finally, since I'm on a roll, one last bit of translation trivia, based on your earlier post. There's no "Guidance Counselor" in the game. It's the "Guidance Consoler". You're not there to get life advice ("be counseled"), you're there to get emotional support for your upcoming death ("be consoled"). The Japanese text has a similar pun, and I was really proud of coming up with an equivalent...but maybe it was too unclear and people just thought it was a typo. :oops:

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
There's no "Guidance Counselor" in the game. It's the "Guidance Consoler". You're not there to get life advice ("be counseled"), you're there to get emotional support for your upcoming death ("be consoled"). The Japanese text has a similar pun, and I was really proud of coming up with an equivalent...but maybe it was too unclear and people just thought it was a typo. :oops:
Ouch. xD
That actually is a clever one.
Most of the skill translations that don't quite match their effects were done to match the original text, as a sort of gamble. If ever the effects were "fixed", they'd be right. If they weren't, well, then at least they'd be wrong in the same way as the original. I figured that was the safer path.
Another ouch. So a number of version-ups over a quite extended period of time, and still had that in the original? Not to mention the DLC could have provided an opportunity to fix'em up too... Well, could have been worse, lol!

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Okay, now you've got me pulling out some behind-the-scenes trivia.

They're all "dummy" items. Generally I speaking, I went through and translated most of the dummied-out stuff just in case it came up in the game somewhere I didn't notice. There are also different types of tea that don't appear in the game, as (per SQDT comments on Twitter) each area was supposed to have its own type of tea, but only two ended up getting used. The lack of Afternoon Tea was such a waste. I really enjoyed the item description. "Black tea that you can drink it in the morning, too."

There's also a few skills like that, most of which weren't translated, but for fun trivia:
"Wait" - Was not implemented (based on the description, it was meant to be an alternative to "Squirm" when hit with the bind status, which had no chance of breaking free, but no chance of injuring you)
"Chaos" - has the same effect as "Lose It" from the Hatter's Key, but was tied to the support magic menu (costs 30% of Life and shares a cooldown with Veil and Regret).

Three skills tied to what appears to be an unimplemented "Fighter" skill tree that more direct physical resistance. "Slap" (built stance points, "Aggression"), "Beat Down" (three random attacks, costs Aggression), and "Guard" (typical RPG deal, no "damage", but you take less).

Finally, there's a status effect, Enraptured (upgraded name, Entranced), that isn't used anywhere in the game but is in the game's code in a usable way, has its own stance icon (which has a subtitle translation like the others), and is usable to the point that it shows up in mods every now and again. It forces you the player to use the "Space Out" skill for several terms, similarly to Berserk.

With regards to Struggle the expansion was supposed to have a sort of Status Guard system where any skill used to negate or prevent a bad status is supposed to give you a stance point, but AFAIK, it only actually got implemented with the two-Kappas photo ("Symmetrical Docking"). For Recovery, I've not tested the mechanics, but it's supposed to work through the game's unique combat scripts, rather than the RPGMaker side, so it wouldn't show any of the effects in the States files regardless.

Finally, since I'm on a roll, one last bit of translation trivia, based on your earlier post. There's no "Guidance Counselor" in the game. It's the "Guidance Consoler". You're not there to get life advice ("be counseled"), you're there to get emotional support for your upcoming death ("be consoled"). The Japanese text has a similar pun, and I was really proud of coming up with an equivalent...but maybe it was too unclear and people just thought it was a typo. :oops:
Damn, that was way more info than I could hope for, thanks for all that. I love seeing the thought process behind translation efforts. About the consoler, yeah I guess my brain just auto corrected it to counselor. Now I feel kind of bad for missing it.

kiaaas

Jan 18, 2020
Where to get mods for this... I can't seem to find any downloadable items on Twitter

snstep

Mar 18, 2019
how to use epitach card? then i try to talk with gravekeeper, it didn`t working.
Start walking down each of the three skill paths (to the point the Gravedigger explains what each one is). This will open up his additional options when you speak to him directly.

Damn, that was way more info than I could hope for, thanks for all that. I love seeing the thought process behind translation efforts. About the consoler, yeah I guess my brain just auto corrected it to counselor. Now I feel kind of bad for missing it.
It's probably karma. Here's another fun bit of trivia of one that I missed: the name of Mayu's area in the Japanese version of the game is "Ground Keikoku", with the English word, "ground" being used in Japanese specifically to mean "track field". When I did the unofficial translation, I missed the joke and just translated it more literally to "Track Field Canyon", and then had it pointed out to me from Civmi (SQDT's project lead) that it was meant as a pun...it's the "Ground Canyon". I felt bad myself because that's actually pretty clever.

We decided that since "ground" still sounded a little weird there to name it after a different natural landmark, the Death Valley Racetrack, which is a little less known but felt even more in line with the game's atmosphere.

Where to get mods for this... I can't seem to find any downloadable items on Twitter
The main index for Japanese mods . You can also check SQDT's discord which has a channel where mod links are posted or uploaded. All of the mod translations I've done are on the discord as well (note that many mods that work with the expansion-modified game don't necessarily work with the base game, and vice-versa, due to some background code changes).

Oh, one last point of note, the sequel(?) is apparently underway. SQDT have posted a couple preview pictures, working title, "Succubus Olympia" on their Twitter, with a blog post coming tomorrow.

Nightgamer66

Nov 26, 2019
Can somebody help me with it? this happens whenever i press continue or if i want to save my game Text in the upper left corner

Last edited:

dark998

May 23, 2020
Translated Pixy mods(single or duo fight) compatible with the expansion upgraded game(English) exist? If yes I would appreciate if they were uploaded here as attachment, the discord invite in SQDT-EN doesn't work and I don't like using discord that much, here is comfier.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Apparently, I'm missing one (based on the percentage) more point-giving trophy. I thought I had them all based on trophy lists in this thread but those don't list dlc ones so I assume I'm missing one of those. Which one am I missing?
Nvm I figured it out, you have to pick all the right options to make Mina like you. Not sure which one I missed for that though, maybe the tragic lead option? If anyone has a list or something that'd be nice.

snstep

Mar 18, 2019
Translated Pixy mods(single or duo fight) compatible with the expansion upgraded game(English) exist? If yes I would appreciate if they were uploaded here as attachment, the discord invite in SQDT-EN doesn't work and I don't like using discord that much, here is comfier.
I haven't translated any of the expansion-compatible mods at this point. I'm not sure there are any new ones for Pixie? There've been various mod-use images released, but I'm not sure any were actually done. I could look into it at some point (right now, when I have the time to mess with it, I'm still trying to figure out the NG+ bug if I can).

Nvm I figured it out, you have to pick all the right options to make Mina like you. Not sure which one I missed for that though, maybe the tragic lead option? If anyone has a list or something that'd be nice.
Some can't be missed if you have the skills. Others, you have to pick the right option. And then there's on one that's really tricky. Here's the list, in order:

Also, the sequel is officially announced:

Succubus Olympia, which will be a Unity-engine game where you play a track coach trying to train your Succubi to win the big track meet in the Land of Night. Mayu will be reappearing as one of the track team members and there will at least a couple other fairy-tale-based characters on the team as well (the Country Mouse, from The Country Mouse and the City Mouse, as well as Cinderella, as a cheerleader). Japanese version is due out in Spring 2024. (Yes, SQDT has already talked to me about doing an English version. No, I can't/won't say anything besides that for now, especially given the stumbles hit with the SA expansion.)

Last edited:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Yeah, I missed the tragic lead one. I always just went right to the next area instead of talking to Mina again. Oh well, I'm not going to spend another 7 hours just for 1 trophy.

4.80 star(s) 19 Votes