3.50 star(s) 102 Votes

LazerShark

Mar 5, 2020
So it seems chapter 3 is not done yet? When the final objective for this project is 100 chapters? It's been two years already since this started. Granted, two years is not much when this is your first game, but still.
Here is my word of advice, Zion. If you are serious about this and plan to release, at the very least, the first generation in the next 5/10 years, then it's time for you to organize your workflow, set realistic goals, and start creating deadlines for your team to follow. I have read some of your comments here, and you seem confident that after chapter 3, things will go back to normal and development will be smooth and you won't have the problems you are having right now. I disagree. Things will only get worse from now on unless you really change something. And by changing something, I mean changing your development process, not changing stuff in the game. You should actually stop changing stuff in the game and start working with what you have, otherwise you will be permanently trying to "improve" the game or overhaul its mechanics everytime you are developing a new chapter. Your game is allowed to have flaws, not everything needs to be perfect, even the best games of all time are not perfect. You should remember that you are developing a game, and as such, you should be playing the role of the game director, as in ensuring that it comes out at an acceptable pace. I also read that you are stressed. The solution for that is that you should expand your team. I know you are reluctant to do it, but as you add new chapters, the scope of the game (which is already big enough as it is) will increase, which means that the work will also increase, and by trying to split that much work into such a small number of people, you will be stressing everybody out, including yourself, and the quality of the game (as well as the rate in which it is released) will take a toll. This is just my advice Zion. Reading your comments here, it seems you are passionate about the project. And for me, it seems that the reason you are failing to release the updates on time is not because you are scamming us, but because you are not being a good "project leader", so to speak, and you really need to get in line with that, otherwise this project is doomed to fail.

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
So it seems chapter 3 is not done yet? When the final objective for this project is 100 chapters? It's been two years already since this started. Granted, two years is not much when this is your first game, but still.
Here is my word of advice, Zion. If you are serious about this and plan to release, at the very least, the first generation in the next 5/10 years, then it's time for you to organize your workflow, set realistic goals, and start creating deadlines for your team to follow. I have read some of your comments here, and you seem confident that after chapter 3, things will go back to normal and development will be smooth and you won't have the problems you are having right now. I disagree. Things will only get worse from now on unless you really change something. And by changing something, I mean changing your development process, not changing stuff in the game. You should actually stop changing stuff in the game and start working with what you have, otherwise you will be permanently trying to "improve" the game or overhaul its mechanics everytime you are developing a new chapter. Your game is allowed to have flaws, not everything needs to be perfect, even the best games of all time are not perfect. You should remember that you are developing a game, and as such, you should be playing the role of the game director, as in ensuring that it comes out at an acceptable pace. I also read that you are stressed. The solution for that is that you should expand your team. I know you are reluctant to do it, but as you add new chapters, the scope of the game (which is already big enough as it is) will increase, which means that the work will also increase, and by trying to split that much work into such a small number of people, you will be stressing everybody out, including yourself, and the quality of the game (as well as the rate in which it is released) will take a toll. This is just my advice Zion. Reading your comments here, it seems you are passionate about the project. And for me, it seems that the reason you are failing to release the updates on time is not because you are scamming us, but because you are not being a good "project leader", so to speak, and you really need to get in line with that, otherwise this project is doomed to fail.
Wow...

I'll keep this short since I'm still working on chapter 3, closing it for play testing.

The reason why I did the changes I did was because of this. I'm aware that it took 2 years, that's why I'll never work with any artist that is not dedicated to the game nor will I release an unfinished chapter again.

WS was the best example to what aspire to. 3 to 4 months, chapter completely done like it should be. That's my objective.

However I'll not release trash. As I said before, the next Eras are just for me to avoid remakes, remasters, reimaginations of the same thing.

When I finish the first Era and if I'm still healthy and young, I'll move to the next one, always advancing the plot, until I can't.

Otherwise I'll go crazy thinking "Oh no! I have 100 chapters!"

But you have a point, I hear you. But I need to put this game in order first, and never release unfinished chapters again.

kotlsupp2000

Mar 23, 2020
I totally agree with you my friend.

Kild

Aug 18, 2019
There is after life... sort of.
But no one is exactly sure on how it works for mortals. Neither angels nor demons.
There is necromancy and you can talk with the dead in ancient rituals.

What really happens will be explored later down the line. For now is one big mystery for everyone.
One question I kind of want to ask if it isn't to many spoilers. Will there be any point where we refight a succubus?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

May 27, 2021
So I just finished Succubus Prison House of the Lewd Demons and it made me realize Zion has got the concept pretty well. What the aforementioned game succeeds on is that the succubi actually seem terrifying and you want to avoid them (in a hentai game), BUT that is also the worst thing about it. The succubi of Succubus Covenant can easily show their personality because unlike the former, you are directly fighting them and are forced into an interaction. So even if some weirdo decides that he doesn't want to see any scenes (maybe roleplaying as a chad succubus hunter), he will have a pretty great idea of what distinction each succubus has. Also being set in a fantasy-like world, the game has the advantage of having really diverse character designs. The problem with the horror survival mechanics of succubus prison is that the most optimal way to play is to avoid all interaction with succubi, which makes it harder to enjoy their personalities (also not to mention there are lolis in the game which i hate). If the game was longer, and forced some ACTUAL character development, it would make the story a lot more interesting, because any scenes that do exist are pretty surface level. Succubus Covenant is also good at keeping a balance between displaying fetishes but not make it too alienating to people who enjoy vanilla hentai more. I hate shit like vore, which the other game had, and it really turned me off. Of course, if you like vore, you do you, this point is just my personal liking of Succubus Covenant. One thing I would like to see in Covenant is characters like the Witch, that can kill you (or you can kill them) but there are other alternate options. I remember someone asking Zion if he could make a succubus that doesn't kill you or something along the lines of that, and Zion said that would break the point of the Succubi being supposed to be deadly. But in my opinion, killing you isn't the only thing that can make a character threatening. People may not like the Witch, but I think "befriending" her doesn't take away from her calculated and powerful feel. So, I would like to see Succubi which become long term foes/"friends" and don't immediately die. I think this will allow us to see succubus culture in ways other than flashes to Domina. So yes, seeing a succubus that is not straight away killed and actually developed on will be quite nice in the future. Having succubi not just as enemies to kill but characters to interact with or explore psyche of will be appreciated by me.

May 27, 2021
So I just finished Succubus Prison House of the Lewd Demons and it made me realize Zion has got the concept pretty well. What the aforementioned game succeeds on is that the succubi actually seem terrifying and you want to avoid them (in a hentai game), BUT that is also the worst thing about it. The succubi of Succubus Covenant can easily show their personality because unlike the former, you are directly fighting them and are forced into an interaction. So even if some weirdo decides that he doesn't want to see any scenes (maybe roleplaying as a chad succubus hunter), he will have a pretty great idea of what distinction each succubus has. Also being set in a fantasy-like world, the game has the advantage of having really diverse character designs. The problem with the horror survival mechanics of succubus prison is that the most optimal way to play is to avoid all interaction with succubi, which makes it harder to enjoy their personalities (also not to mention there are lolis in the game which i hate). If the game was longer, and forced some ACTUAL character development, it would make the story a lot more interesting, because any scenes that do exist are pretty surface level. Succubus Covenant is also good at keeping a balance between displaying fetishes but not make it too alienating to people who enjoy vanilla hentai more. I hate shit like vore, which the other game had, and it really turned me off. Of course, if you like vore, you do you, this point is just my personal liking of Succubus Covenant. One thing I would like to see in Covenant is characters like the Witch, that can kill you (or you can kill them) but there are other alternate options. I remember someone asking Zion if he could make a succubus that doesn't kill you or something along the lines of that, and Zion said that would break the point of the Succubi being supposed to be deadly. But in my opinion, killing you isn't the only thing that can make a character threatening. People may not like the Witch, but I think "befriending" her doesn't take away from her calculated and powerful feel. So, I would like to see Succubi which become long term foes/"friends" and don't immediately die. I think this will allow us to see succubus culture in ways other than flashes to Domina. So yes, seeing a succubus that is not straight away killed and actually developed on will be quite nice in the future. Having succubi not just as enemies to kill but characters to interact with or explore psyche of will be appreciated by me.
Oh and of course, Drita and White are some candidates for this

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zion of Olympus

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
I hope the enemies won't be TOO tanky because the problem with WS right now is that while i like the party members and the magic system and such, the fights are really boring and tedious. But i am sure you could do something with it
I'll reduce the enemies HP when I come back to it, I think I overdid it in WS. At least in the early stages.

Once you have Nemorosa and the Orc, everything becomes much easier.

Reactions: HartsRed

FeLisk

Oct 17, 2017
Hmm. Dunno how others think aЬout it, Ьut for me a Ьit of a challenge in Ьattles is very appreciated. Вut only the ВIG Ьattles.
I'd advice you to shorten the side encounters with spiders, carnivorras, etc. At least just delete the "LOADING THE ВATTLE" sequence. It was the original reason why I wanted to speed up the game.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Nope imagine blackrose riding with pusy what a shame for her to die haha
hope to see her more or maybe :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:
I haven't played to seeing Black Rose due to my computer being a turtle :(

I have seen some images of her though and I think it would be fun to take her for a ride from behind.

• Love
Reactions: Gabranth2

Gabranth2

Nov 11, 2019
or a threesome might not be a bad thing
Yeah that reminds me something i wondered about.
Using a captured succubus, has an experiment, have a gangbang with the succubus to understand the limit of her draining. An experiment at the cost of lots of men's lives at once unfortunally.
Basically that would be a way to have gangbangs or threesomes in the game. But lore-wise it might not work.
The other way around would be an idea too, enough Incubus with a woman to called it a gangbang. There are some slim possibilities...

• Angry
Reactions: Oathakafaze
3.50 star(s) 102 Votes