RPGM Succubus Covenant: Warlock Saga [Ch. 1] [Olympus]

3.30 star(s) 15 Votes

ixcez

Nov 26, 2018
So played through this and I gotta say I am surprised that Nemorosa even after being loyal is hellbent on draining the MC to death. I mean sure I don't know exactly what goes on inside the head of a succubus but in her case she is seemingly pushed out of the leaf clan after a powerstruggle and wants to grow stronger and build her powers which is why she answers the MC's summon. Then she get's a semi cushy place to live and get's served men to feed on everyday without a great deal of risk.

But the second she get's a chance she will try to tempt the MC into revoking the contract so she can drain him to death. Which since she's doing it inside the MC's base of power would most likely lead to her being killed shortly after and banished back to hell and from my understanding while a succubus cannot be killed since she will reform in hell after they die they start out as a lesser succubus again and then live as one for 20-30 years before becoming a real succubus. So why would she give everything up just to get a single meal out of the MC or does she simply just not care and the hunger overwhelms all reason when they get started? Like even if the succubuses don't care much cause their immortal it feels weird for a succubus that obviously desires strength and wants to climb up the succubus hierarchy to as mentioned just give it all up.

Also don't get me wrong that I'm complaining here it just made me confused. Then again were told in the other game that even if a succubus genuinely loves someone she will still suck them dry out of instinct and were also shown succubuses who apparently does it unconsciously but at the same time in their case their doing it because once they start they can't stop but here Nemorosa is activily seeking it while the contract blocks her from starting so she wants it revoked so she can go ahead...

ss6

Nov 9, 2018
Holy shit !! I'm giving money to olympus on his patreon but I havn't seen that warlock saga was an other game than succubus covenant. I'm really dumb :KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: Thecatbred

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
So played through this and I gotta say I am surprised that Nemorosa even after being loyal is hellbent on draining the MC to death. I mean sure I don't know exactly what goes on inside the head of a succubus but in her case she is seemingly pushed out of the leaf clan after a powerstruggle and wants to grow stronger and build her powers which is why she answers the MC's summon. Then she get's a semi cushy place to live and get's served men to feed on everyday without a great deal of risk.

But the second she get's a chance she will try to tempt the MC into revoking the contract so she can drain him to death. Which since she's doing it inside the MC's base of power would most likely lead to her being killed shortly after and banished back to hell and from my understanding while a succubus cannot be killed since she will reform in hell after they die they start out as a lesser succubus again and then live as one for 20-30 years before becoming a real succubus. So why would she give everything up just to get a single meal out of the MC or does she simply just not care and the hunger overwhelms all reason when they get started? Like even if the succubuses don't care much cause their immortal it feels weird for a succubus that obviously desires strength and wants to climb up the succubus hierarchy to as mentioned just give it all up.

Also don't get me wrong that I'm complaining here it just made me confused. Then again were told in the other game that even if a succubus genuinely loves someone she will still suck them dry out of instinct and were also shown succubuses who apparently does it unconsciously but at the same time in their case their doing it because once they start they can't stop but here Nemorosa is activily seeking it while the contract blocks her from starting so she wants it revoked so she can go ahead...
Nemorosa is a interesting character because she is always testing her master.

She will fight to protect him, and she will become loyal, as loyal a succubus can be, but will kill him without mercy if he shows weakness.

And once she is free in that world, she'll be her own master. Which is a plus in her book.
She killed a unworthy master while gaining freedom from both him and the succubi hierarchy.

But as long as Kaalim shows restrain, he'll continue to show mental fortitude. And therefore, be a worthy master to serve, in her eyes.

Holy shit !! I'm giving money to olympus on his patreon but I havn't seen that warlock saga was an other game than succubus covenant. I'm really dumb :KEK:
Be sure to check the pinned post. It has a link to every work we do, brother! OwO

ixcez

Nov 26, 2018
Nemorosa is a interesting character because she is always testing her master.

She will fight to protect him, and she will become loyal, as loyal a succubus can be, but will kill him without mercy if he shows weakness.

And once she is free in that world, she'll be her own master. Which is a plus in her book.
She killed a unworthy master while gaining freedom from both him and the succubi hierarchy.

But as long as Kaalim shows restrain, he'll continue to show mental fortitude. And therefore, be a worthy master to serve, in her eyes.
Yeah thats how I've understood it as well and it makes total sense for her wanting to break free it's just the choice of location makes it appear as if she has no restraints and that the hunger and feeding goes above all else which is sort of the impression I've been getting from playing the games. That the succubuses once they start to feed can't stop on their own and even if they don't want to use or at least don't think to use it they will start using it to satiate the hunger.

But again it's just the choice of location that makes it appear as if Nemorosa is a slave to her instincts / hunger. If this would have happened outside of the base it would make sense and seem smart on her part doing it inside of the base surrounded by an army and several powerful users of magic makes it appear as if she just can't control herself in my opinion. I do understand that it makes total sense to have this option at the base from a gameplay perspective but it does make me see the succubuses as kind of mindless and slaves to their feeding once they start or have a chance to feed.

Not saying this is wrong in anyway it just put the thought in my mind that as I've mentioned that the succubuses in the game world are slaves to the hunger and can't control themselves when they get a chance to feed.

Reactions: Zion of Olympus

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Yeah thats how I've understood it as well and it makes total sense for her wanting to break free it's just the choice of location makes it appear as if she has no restraints and that the hunger and feeding goes above all else which is sort of the impression I've been getting from playing the games. That the succubuses once they start to feed can't stop on their own and even if they don't want to use or at least don't think to use it they will start using it to satiate the hunger.

But again it's just the choice of location that makes it appear as if Nemorosa is a slave to her instincts / hunger. If this would have happened outside of the base it would make sense and seem smart on her part doing it inside of the base surrounded by an army and several powerful users of magic makes it appear as if she just can't control herself in my opinion. I do understand that it makes total sense to have this option at the base from a gameplay perspective but it does make me see the succubuses as kind of mindless and slaves to their feeding once they start or have a chance to feed.

Not saying this is wrong in anyway it just put the thought in my mind that as I've mentioned that the succubuses in the game world are slaves to the hunger and can't control themselves when they get a chance to feed.
They kinda are slaves for their own hunger.

And you can say that it's even worse, as the overwhelming majority were originally evil spirits full of greed and envy and rage and chaotic tendencies. So they actually ENJOY taking the lives of others and feeding to become even stronger/hotter.

I don't know if you noticed, but Nemorosa MP is constantly draining as you walk around. I try my best to mix gameplay with lore.

And about hunger, people will do crazy things when they are hungry. Even committing cannibalism if it's necessary.

In the case of the succubi, they are ALWAYS hungry (except for a few moments after draining someone) and worse of all, they enjoy feeding on life.

Reiga711

Jul 30, 2018
They kinda are slaves for their own hunger.

And you can say that it's even worse, as the overwhelming majority were originally evil spirits full of greed and envy and rage and chaotic tendencies. So they actually ENJOY taking the lives of others and feeding to become even stronger/hotter.

I don't know if you noticed, but Nemorosa MP is constantly draining as you walk around. I try my best to mix gameplay with lore.

And about hunger, people will do crazy things when they are hungry. Even committing cannibalism if it's necessary.

In the case of the succubi, they are ALWAYS hungry (except for a few moments after draining someone) and worse of all, they enjoy feeding on life.
I know this is a side game, but will we potentially see more than two succubi per chapter like in the main game?

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
I know this is a side game, but will we potentially see more than two succubi per chapter like in the main game?
Nope.

This isn't a full invasion like Aeolos is facing. Succubus are actually very rare to find.

And each succubus have multiple scenes as well.

Reactions: Reiga711

Reiga711

Jul 30, 2018
Nope.

This isn't a full invasion like Aeolos is facing. Succubus are actually very rare to find.

And each succubus have multiple scenes as well.
Hmm, I see, that's fair I suppose. On the another note, from what I can understand so far, Warlock would show more focus and depth in the succubi that we can summon as compared to the main game, not to say that the main game doesn't. But we might be seeing more development for the succubi summoned as characters.

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Hmm, I see, that's fair I suppose. On the another note, from what I can understand so far, Warlock would show more focus and depth in the succubi that we can summon as compared to the main game, not to say that the main game doesn't. But we might be seeing more development for the succubi summoned as characters.
Yep!

Developing them is a big objective in Warlock Saga.

-How do they live,
-how loyal they truly are,
-their habits,
-how the different clans interact with each other (Leaf and Insect HATE each other, so it will be fun to have Nemorosa and an insect succubus talking and interacting),
-how much control a warlock truly has
-the different kind of spells and technics that each bring to the table
-etc

It will be a fun ride.

Reactions: Reiga711

ss6

Nov 9, 2018
I've started to play and I really love the lore.
I didn't know that the adalon hunters were totally under the control of the angel without knowing anything about magic. They are just manipulated but have OP relics
The Angels seems to be far from the "good typical angel in RPG" that we were thinking.
It's more like the angels in MGQ I think.

And playing a warlock is really fun.

But I think the difficulty is HUGE. Maybe i'm not playing well, but its really hard.

Dreamer44

Dec 19, 2019
I've started to play and I really love the lore.
I didn't know that the adalon hunters were totally under the control of the angel without knowing anything about magic. They are just manipulated but have OP relics
The Angels seems to be far from the "good typical angel in RPG" that we were thinking.
It's more like the angels in MGQ I think.

And playing a warlock is really fun.

But I think the difficulty is HUGE. Maybe i'm not playing well, but its really hard.
Read carefully and plan ahead.

Do a side dungeon to complete a ritual and summon an orc for your party.

Do the succubus hunting and get the essence for a ritual to summon your own.

A party of four is what this game is meant to be fought with, unlike the main series that's mostly the Adalon Hunter's solo battles.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I found it too grindy. It's an early release so I just stopped playing since I didn't want to go through that grind. Enemies don't give any XP so it's annoying to fight the mobs. They give a little money but it didn't feel worth it to me. I didn't find the orc either. I fought the succubus 3 times and unlocked her lair, my chars felt too weak to really beat her, and so I just stopped there.
Both of you are having the same issue. which is that this game depends on a walkthrough otherwise you are made to suffer.
And yea, the succubus is too hard to beat without getting the orc first.

Playing without a walkthrough and with some bad luck you could end up with a very painful experience where you do most of the game with just your starter girl (imp). Possibly getting stuck into a rut where you must grind money to slowly upgrade your equipment thinking (incorrectly) that better equipment will help you progress past the next stage in the game.

There is no XP or leveling up. You can grind for slightly better equipment that gives a tiny boost to your stats, but that is mostly going to just frustrate you at the price scaling and how bad even the overpriced equipment is.
You are instead supposed to quickly fill up your party. Having a full party completely transforms the game. The amount of grind and walking back and forth to rest and resupply vastly decreases that way.
But the game does not properly guide you towards finding those extra minions.

You are supposed to explore the ice magic school in the starter town (which is hinted at) to find out about a mysterious ruin (orc dungeon) and then explore it. Rather than fighting your way through you should sneak past the orcs until you find a crystal that will give you an orc minion (no reason to think there is one there), at that point might as well find the missing students there and finish that dungeon. The dialog for the whole thing is somewhat misleading. The ice guild leader tells you to not go there, and you tell her you will just look and leave if it is dangerous.

The next step after getting the orc is to go to the main plot to unlock 3 sub oasis. Here you are advised to do the succubus first. But not where she is, nor does the game explains how you are supposed to search for her. Do not bother combing the area for her. Instead pop in and out of the maps for the 3 sub oasis'. In one of them the MC will detect her magic signature and state as such, that will help tell you where to search. Once you get your full party the rest of the game is fairly smooth.

• Red Heart

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
I found it too grindy. It's an early release so I just stopped playing since I didn't want to go through that grind. Enemies don't give any XP so it's annoying to fight the mobs. They give a little money but it didn't feel worth it to me. I didn't find the orc either. I fought the succubus 3 times and unlocked her lair, my chars felt too weak to really beat her, and so I just stopped there.

I agree with the other guy on the merchants too. And the potions healing too little, I don't really see why I'd want to use say a potion 5 times instead of getting a better option to just click once.

I've read a little of this thread and I know I'm not the first to say it's grindy. I avoid posting negative stuff or I'd have posted earlier, I'd imagine there are a lot more people like me too that just refrain from a complaint, but since it kind of blew up I figured I should just throw that in there. I do think enemy HP is too high and there needs to be better QOL for healing. Also direct to the orc better if it's going to be a requirement. I never found him either, I did the quest for the ice guild I think, then found the succubus 3 times. I couldn't clear out the oasis, or rather I didn't want to (I did fight a tougher merc fight inside a cave and assumed I needed better gear or something before that). I think I got maybe 1 or 2 equipment pieces, probably I'd need a full set of gear for both chars (and then that orc) but again, felt way too grindy for all that.

Game hasn't been updated in some time so I also thought maybe it was abandoned/dropped. When/if all of chapter 1 is finished I might revisit it. I'm still more interested in the main line game, not sure if I'd ever really get into this one.
Thanks for the input. I'll rework things once I get to WS again. It has been an year and I don't quite remember everything.

But the Orc is really useful. You find him at the top right side of the building that unlocks for the Ice School of magic quest.

And the money you make is from the items you sell.

Last edited:

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Both of you are having the same issue. which is that this game depends on a walkthrough otherwise you are made to suffer.
And yea, the succubus is too hard to beat without getting the orc first.

Playing without a walkthrough and with some bad luck you could end up with a very painful experience where you do most of the game with just your starter girl (imp). Possibly getting stuck into a rut where you must grind money to slowly upgrade your equipment thinking (incorrectly) that better equipment will help you progress past the next stage in the game.

There is no XP or leveling up. You can grind for slightly better equipment that gives a tiny boost to your stats, but that is mostly going to just frustrate you at the price scaling and how bad even the overpriced equipment is.
You are instead supposed to quickly fill up your party. Having a full party completely transforms the game. The amount of grind and walking back and forth to rest and resupply vastly decreases that way.
But the game does not properly guide you towards finding those extra minions.

You are supposed to explore the ice magic school in the starter town (which is hinted at) to find out about a mysterious ruin (orc dungeon) and then explore it. Rather than fighting your way through you should sneak past the orcs until you find a crystal that will give you an orc minion (no reason to think there is one there), at that point might as well find the missing students there and finish that dungeon. The dialog for the whole thing is somewhat misleading. The ice guild leader tells you to not go there, and you tell her you will just look and leave if it is dangerous.

The next step after getting the orc is to go to the main plot to unlock 3 sub oasis. Here you are advised to do the succubus first. But not where she is, nor does the game explains how you are supposed to search for her. Do not bother combing the area for her. Instead pop in and out of the maps for the 3 sub oasis'. In one of them the MC will detect her magic signature and state as such, that will help tell you where to search. Once you get your full party the rest of the game is fairly smooth.
This will help a lot, thanks!

I'll add reminders and pointers of what Kaalim must do first.

Something subtle, like him remembering that the Ice School Mistress had a problem and might be worth it to solve it, which will lead you to the Orc.

And upon leaving the village, Kaalim will say that he can identify magic, so wherever he feels magic is where the succubus will be.

Things like this that will help the player. Like dragon age did, where Alistair basically begs you to go to Red Cliff first.
If you don't want to go, well, that's your problem. You have to deal with more dangerous areas on your own.

Reactions: ss6 and mrttao

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
This will help a lot, thanks!

I'll add reminders and pointers of what Kaalim must do first.

Something subtle, like him remembering that the Ice School Mistress had a problem and might be worth it to solve it, which will lead you to the Orc.

And upon leaving the village, Kaalim will say that he can identify magic, so wherever he feels magic is where the succubus will be.

Things like this that will help the player. Like dragon age did, where Alistair basically begs you to go to Red Cliff first.
If you don't want to go, well, that's your problem. You have to deal with more dangerous areas on your own.
That sounds like a good way to do it.

In that vein I also have another suggestion. If you have not yet defeated the succubus, then when you enter the village or one of the 2 sub-oasis that does not contain her. The MC should speak to himself and say something
"I do not sense any hellish energies other than my party. The succubus is not here."

There is already a line where, if he enters the correct oasis, he speaks to himself and notes that he can sense the succubus nearby. but nothing is stated if he doesn't. By being prompted with not sensing her will make it clear to the player that they should leave that area for now and go search for her elsewhere

• Red Heart

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Funny thing is I did find the students. I had no idea an orc would be in there. Since the enemies don't give exp I saw no real reason to fight them, plus they take so long to fight. So I assumed I completed that quest. So whatever route I took, clearly you can miss the orc that way.

Some pointers would be good, the player should be guided in some way through it. Again since the fights take so long, and give nothing besides drops to sell for small money, many players would just avoid the enemies. Plus the way the enemies are setup in that dungeon, you can either avoid them outright by not going to those spots, or you'd be forced to fight since they are tight corners. Whatever route I took let me find the students while missing the orc entirely and avoiding either all or most fights.

I'm still of the opinion some reworking should be done to smooth things out. The main game definitely felt smoother and more polished, but maybe I just lucked out in the right route in that but not this, shrug. Just giving my experience.
Hmmm. maybe when the MC enters that place he should do some thinking. Maybe something like:
"Why are there so many orcs here? I should investigate whatever is summoning them, maybe I could use it to summon my own orc minion. I guess I can also rescue the missing students too while I am here"

TJoshua

Apr 30, 2017
I hope the next succubus type Kaalim gets is the dancer type from the shadow knife clan because it perfectly fits the area he lives in.

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Funny thing is I did find the students. I had no idea an orc would be in there. Since the enemies don't give exp I saw no real reason to fight them, plus they take so long to fight. So I assumed I completed that quest. So whatever route I took, clearly you can miss the orc that way.

Some pointers would be good, the player should be guided in some way through it. Again since the fights take so long, and give nothing besides drops to sell for small money, many players would just avoid the enemies. Plus the way the enemies are setup in that dungeon, you can either avoid them outright by not going to those spots, or you'd be forced to fight since they are tight corners. Whatever route I took let me find the students while missing the orc entirely and avoiding either all or most fights.

I'm still of the opinion some reworking should be done to smooth things out. The main game definitely felt smoother and more polished, but maybe I just lucked out in the right route in that but not this, shrug. Just giving my experience.
Thanks. And indeed. The orcs should be weaker than the bandits. This would be a subtle way to say that you are in the "right area".
And it also fits the lore, which was something that I made a mistake.
4 boys managed to kill many Orcs, in the prologue of the main series.
Kaalim and his first summon should've been more than enough to deal with them.

I'll also increase the money that you can make, so you can more easily buy upgrades and spells.
+ I'll upgrade them as well. Items and equipment will give better statuses to be worth the investment.

Hmmm. maybe when the MC enters that place he should do some thinking. Maybe something like:
"Why are there so many orcs here? I should investigate whatever is summoning them, maybe I could use it to summon my own orc minion. I guess I can also rescue the missing students too while I am here"
Nice one.

I was thinking that Kaalim would say "There is a summoning circle nearby. It's the same energy I felt when summoning Zellthine". Which will be a hint to summon the Orc when he is close to both the summoning circle and the students.

I hope the next succubus type Kaalim gets is the dancer type from the shadow knife clan because it perfectly fits the area he lives in.
There will be one, yes. Won't say which chapter, though~

Reactions: mrttao
3.30 star(s) 15 Votes