RPGM Succubus Covenant: Warlock Saga [Ch. 1] [Olympus]

3.30 star(s) 15 Votes

Lans90

Dec 2, 2017
Here's what I can say about this kind of spin-off:
The opportunity to make a harem is clearly visible here. But I think that in this case, the prescribed hero is not the best solution. In addition, there are quite a few similar games.
The visual component is not bad, but also not the level of the original.
For me personally, it was the most interesting here - it was to learn something new about the lore of the game world. And another view from a completely different faction.
But in my opinion it is difficult to compare with the original, since the original is great.

sniedd88

Feb 9, 2018
even though i did enjoy the settings way more than the original as it is way less stale and predictable. i cant get over how much the art is different. its not bad by any means but going from A+ to B- is huge shift that should have been avoided all together . hopefully you wont push this game aside and keeps updating it

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
I think I got myself into very deep shit: I decide to go into Haarith's camp and complete the quest and have a boss fight against him at the end, but I didn't carry enough portion or good defense item so got killed like 20 times now and no way to get out of the camp. Haarith and his men HIT VERY HARD and consider the game didn't have any level up system I got myself stuck there, so I really hope in the future updates can you give players a chance to get out of the camp before the boss to prepare enough items to fight him please Zion of Olympus

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
I think I got myself into very deep shit: I decide to go into Haarith's camp and complete the quest and have a boss fight against him at the end, but I didn't carry enough portion or good defense item so got killed like 20 times now and no way to get out of the camp. Haarith and his men HIT VERY HARD and consider the game didn't have any level up system I got myself stuck there, so I really hope in the future updates can you give players a chance to get out of the camp before the boss to prepare enough items to fight him please Zion of Olympus
You receive a warning "Are you SURE you want to enter the canyon?".
I didn't do that with any other game/chapter.
When you receive a warning like this you must go prepared.

I'll post a comment done by shadow80
"After playing the game and playing with the spell mechanics. I actually found the game to be rewarding once you figure out how to exploit the game to make it easy.

Some spoilers.

Go to the Ice mage school. Accept the quest and get the orc as your 3rd member of the party.

Grind some bandits to get low level gears. I only bought Tier 1 for the MC and Imp. Left the orc alone.
I rushed the Tier 2 ice spell. This spell is actually quite broken.

Go fight the leaf succubus.
Cast the tier 2 ice spell to freeze the leaf succubus for each turn (pretty much 100% proc rate)
Imp cast her magic attack
Orc uses item to restore MC magic points.
Rinse and repeat for a perfect victory

Once you have the leaf succubus in your party. Do her story quest for an upgraded skill of her.
At this point, you'll stomp through the chap 1 content. You can start the grind to get better gears but Tier 1 equips were more than enough to easily beat the content.

Yes the game is grindy but the content is there. I would suggest having an option to skip all the sex scenes after killing each enemy. Once in awhile I would hit watch scene by accident and have to skip all 3 cutscenes of your allies killing the enemy. For the oasis mission, I would lower the number of guards you have to kill in each camp to help speed up the story progression.

Other than that, very solid chapter 1! I enjoyed it very much."

Reactions: XMHK and Lans90

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Here's what I can say about this kind of spin-off:
The opportunity to make a harem is clearly visible here. But I think that in this case, the prescribed hero is not the best solution. In addition, there are quite a few similar games.
The visual component is not bad, but also not the level of the original.
For me personally, it was the most interesting here - it was to learn something new about the lore of the game world. And another view from a completely different faction.
But in my opinion it is difficult to compare with the original, since the original is great.
It's just different. Please read my comment above. You need to prepare the right way. You can't just push forward like the original, and in the future, even the main series will change how you upgrade your gear, etc.

Reactions: Lans90

Lans90

Dec 2, 2017
It's just different. Please read my comment above. You need to prepare the right way. You can't just push forward like the original, and in the future, even the main series will change how you upgrade your gear, etc.
And I didn’t run into problems. At the time of writing my comment above, I have gone through all the content. The battle with the Succubus did not seem difficult to me. At that time, I had: Imp and Orc in the team, 1 item for mag atk for MC and Imp, 3 basic spells of each school(ice, fire and heal), as well as a supply of potions for HP and MP.

I want to say it again: the main game is really one of the best RPGs on this site. Personally, I really enjoy working on the plot / lore. To be more precise, how do you use various historical and mythological data, and also like the concept of the world: the invasion of the forces of hell looks like something really global and the Succubi themselves are deadly demons. And not some cuties who can be recruited into a harem.
In general, I will not praise further (although I could have done it), because it is unlikely that anyone is interested in reading it. Nonetheless: excellent work! I sincerely wish good luck and success for your main project and look forward to new chapters.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Zion of Olympus

RemiliaScarlett

Aug 18, 2018
I poisoned the oasis and can't find anything ele to do (only had an interaction circle on the bigger on the 3 oasis had a small poisoning cutscene and now IDK what to do next)
Also I got the angelic ice essence thingy AFTER getting the leaf succubus, is it still useful or not ??

PS missed opportuniity to have the leaf succu start as a smaller build and get bigger the more she drains fullfilling her loyalty gains (pokemon evolution baby xD)

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
I poisoned the oasis and can't find anything ele to do (only had an interaction circle on the bigger on the 3 oasis had a small poisoning cutscene and now IDK what to do next)
Also I got the angelic ice essence thingy AFTER getting the leaf succubus, is it still useful or not ??

PS missed opportuniity to have the leaf succu start as a smaller build and get bigger the more she drains fullfilling her loyalty gains (pokemon evolution baby xD)
If you defeated the mercenaries and poisoned the 3 oases, a new arrow will be displayed in the world map, for the mercenary canyon. Go prepared for this. You won't be able to come back for a while. Buy the best runes and spells you can (tier 1). And make sure that you are equipped with the tier 1 runes and equipment in both you and your summons.

Edit: and make sure you have 3 summons. Orc, Imp and Leaf Succubus.

Goldspark1

Jun 8, 2019
Goldspark1
I read your review! Thanks for the in depth explanation!

And about the last part, yes, this game is focused on the villains.
I know you stopped playing because of the severity of The Veil's actions, but I hope you can come back to it at some point to get another perspective in the world of SC.

I have great plans for The Veil in this whole series, including the main series. You can say that they are like the templars of assassin's creed to the world of SC.

So understanding their motives and story would make it worthwhile when facing them in future games.
You will know their story and will make a confrontation more impactful.

The reason why Ishtar ordered the poisoning is explained by her and later shown when they talk to the Emir.
She wanted to step in to "cure" the region. Not the people. Putting her own soldiers and farmers loyal to the Veil there, after the extermination of the population.

I thank you for taking your time to review the game. It was a pleasure reading it!
Thanks for replying to my review. Yeah, I will continue to play your other game, Generation One: The Cursed Forest. I will just no longer by playing this game for my weak stomach.

• Red Heart

Dahomi

Jun 13, 2018
If you defeated the mercenaries and poisoned the 3 oases, a new arrow will be displayed in the world map, for the mercenary canyon. Go prepared for this. You won't be able to come back for a while. Buy the best runes and spells you can (tier 1). And make sure that you are equipped with the tier 1 runes and equipment in both you and your summons.

I loved the game. i can not wait for future updates for the game and for Succubus Covenant Generation One: The Cursed Forest . keep going (y) .

• Red Heart

Daehorn

Feb 10, 2018
I like warlocks. Well i love playing as one even more. While game is interesting and succubi are my thing i must say that prices of items are over the top. While mc is curious but unfortunate magic practicioner his acces to spells is little low. It would be better to ad one or two additional spells to him. Spoiler ahead: Decision what to do with mercenary boss and option to deny him his paradise is good metod to resolve grieviances with him. MC can give him mercy of death in combat or deny it with succubus temptation. Spoiler end.
About whole background of conflict its mix of ancient Babilon, Egypth and medieval Persia. Its remind me of 1000 and 1 Nights stories. Most games are in typical European medieval climate so little change is apreciated by me.
About flickering of images. Its little to much and it will tire eyes. While prices make you grind enemies and make fight little repeatable that visual effect forced me to take away my sight from monitor when i wished to observe all scenes one after another. That not good. Please do something with that.

• Red Heart

RemiliaScarlett

Aug 18, 2018

As I said I can't find the "interaction" circle for the 2 other oases, 1st one (the big one) there was a clear "interaction circle" but the others didn't have these. I wonder if I broke something by doing some mercenary killings in every map before clearing them

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
As I said I can't find the "interaction" circle for the 2 other oases, 1st one (the big one) there was a clear "interaction circle" but the others didn't have these. I wonder if I broke something by doing some mercenary killings in every map before clearing them
It's possible, but I don't think it's likely. I believe I tested clearing all mercenaries THEN poisoning the Oases.
Did you circle around the oases?
Are you sure you defeated everyone inside it? As in, Kaalim speaks after clearing a mercenary hideout.

Bop107

Sep 23, 2018
I am interested in trying this game out, but I gotta say that it's so weird seeing everyone act as if this guy doesn't know what he's doing by having a simple spin-off while making another game. I get why people are worried, but it doesn't seem like its gonna be the end of the world.

3.30 star(s) 15 Votes