3.80 star(s) 14 Votes

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
I haven't modded this before, it's probably a search and replace / search folder and add content, but i want to ask in case : Is there anything else I should/should definitely not do when modding this?
Modifying stuff you don't know for sure what it does, or deleting stuff, especially default stuff or shop stuff

V KO D 693

May 6, 2018
Well, I looked into ALL of the mods for the game and tested all and kept the ones that I like(And function) , so here they are, You go to CSV > Card and upload and replace all , and some more if u wish for a few more options, though i found they weren't a big deal.
The update on cards has added some more Restraint attacks and some single characters receiving more complex behaviour.
CBA To go through all the changes ,so

Hop here if u wanna do things manually

Oibò

Feb 26, 2019
If you want to install mods do you need the updated version of the game right? Nobody has yet uploaded it?

brokenLkey

Apr 23, 2018
new version's not needed- that said, there is a very small chance an update's changed or fixed a game mechanic/mod structure element in a way that could end up breaking with mods from mismatched versions, but it hasn't happened so far on my end

Traedor

Feb 14, 2018
For mods made before the DLsite release you need to change "@文字列初期設定" to "@初期設定" near the top of the .txt. It's possible the older mods might have other scripting issues but that should fix them enough to work in-game.

HotHeadEmperor

Nov 30, 2021
Hey guys. Is there even just a slightly better translation for this game anywhere? I can work with the machine translation mostly, but sometimes the two options seem the exact same or make no sense, so I can't choose the right one to not lose the duel.

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

paradoxluka

Mar 6, 2020
Sorry for this long post.

I have been messing around with the CSV files and translating the files there.
I learn some things regarding limitations of what I can translate and how modding the game works.
If you're wondering why I am not using the language options, there's a lot of things I cannot translate in game (such as player cards). Once the devs allow for more things to translate, I'll transition to editing files in the language options.

I put a ReadMe with how to patch and what I've done/need to do/cannot do in the zip, but here are some examples my progress:
  • Player and Enemy Cards (Normal difficulty as of right now) are translated.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  • Enemy Bios are translated.
  • Most of the menu buttons and battle text are translated. (The one's left untranslated are often because I cannot edit them.)
  • Master's first fight and Plant along with her Moth card are fully translated.
Unfortunately, I cannot modify the Deck Building interface, so searching for card names or effects are still based on the original Japanese text. As a work around, I included a SearchList.txt file inside that should have all player cards and some common use effect text.
A solution to this problem is to create a new file for each player card, but that will require me to input all parameters of the original card and script their effects from scratch from their text only (which I don't want to do).

As of right now, my main focus is the story with my secondary objectives being:
  • Choices regarding beg, beg for life, and other battle critical choices.
  • Hard and Easy mode card text changes.
  • Testing cards to make sure my translations are correct.
  • Reviewing what I've done and making changes that I feel will make my translation better. (I'm still debating if I want to keep エルル as "Elru" or change her name to "El".)
Just a couple of things to keep in mind regarding my translations:
  • I am an novice regarding reading and understanding Japanese, and I rely heavily on Google Translate and DeepL.
  • While my goal is to remain faithful to the source as possible, I do take liberties so do not expect this to be a 1-to-1 translation.
  • This is a solo effort and a hobby, so expect slow progress and grammatical or incorrect translation errors.
  • Do not take this as a commitment to complete this beast, but as long as I have the interest and the drive, I'll keep working on this project.

paradoxluka

Mar 6, 2020
In Cautious Hero a character with that name was translated/localized as Elulu
I see.
I was having trouble with her name because the "u" in ル (lu/ru) is generally silent, but I thought it was strange for El to be her name since I think it would be spelled as エル instead.
Also, I don't think I've ever seen that name used before.
Thanks for that, I'll change her name to Elulu in a future release.

HotHeadEmperor

Nov 30, 2021
Sorry for this long post.

I have been messing around with the CSV files and translating the files there.
I learn some things regarding limitations of what I can translate and how modding the game works.
If you're wondering why I am not using the language options, there's a lot of things I cannot translate in game (such as player cards). Once the devs allow for more things to translate, I'll transition to editing files in the language options.

I put a ReadMe with how to patch and what I've done/need to do/cannot do in the zip, but here are some examples my progress:
  • Player and Enemy Cards (Normal difficulty as of right now) are translated.
  • Enemy Bios are translated.
  • Most of the menu buttons and battle text are translated. (The one's left untranslated are often because I cannot edit them.)
  • Master's first fight and Plant along with her Moth card are fully translated.
Unfortunately, I cannot modify the Deck Building interface, so searching for card names or effects are still based on the original Japanese text. As a work around, I included a SearchList.txt file inside that should have all player cards and some common use effect text.
A solution to this problem is to create a new file for each player card, but that will require me to input all parameters of the original card and script their effects from scratch from their text only (which I don't want to do).

As of right now, my main focus is the story with my secondary objectives being:
  • Choices regarding beg, beg for life, and other battle critical choices.
  • Hard and Easy mode card text changes.
  • Testing cards to make sure my translations are correct.
  • Reviewing what I've done and making changes that I feel will make my translation better. (I'm still debating if I want to keep エルル as "Elru" or change her name to "El".)
Just a couple of things to keep in mind regarding my translations:
  • I am an novice regarding reading and understanding Japanese, and I rely heavily on Google Translate and DeepL.
  • While my goal is to remain faithful to the source as possible, I do take liberties so do not expect this to be a 1-to-1 translation.
  • This is a solo effort and a hobby, so expect slow progress and grammatical or incorrect translation errors.
  • Do not take this as a commitment to complete this beast, but as long as I have the interest and the drive, I'll keep working on this project.
Hey man. Great work, really appreciate it. Just a heads up, though, after installing this, all the card packs vanished from my shop. Might want to look into that.

Reactions: V KO D 693

paradoxluka

Mar 6, 2020
Does the plot end when it reaches the underground passage?
Currently, yes.

Hey man. Great work, really appreciate it. Just a heads up, though, after installing this, all the card packs vanished from my shop. Might want to look into that.
I think I might know what the problem is.
Copy Shop1 and 2 txt files and replace the corresponding files in CSV\Shop directory.
Then open the game and check the shops.

AHSDD

Feb 4, 2018
Well, if nobody else has done it yet, I do not mind to do it myself. Do let me know though if you play on Windows, Mac, or Android? Since the game is available on different systems.
Do you perhaps have it for Windows? Seems like its the most common system. Would greatly appreciate it if you could!

Reactions: Altony

exhi2

Apr 1, 2018
Well, if nobody else has done it yet, I do not mind to do it myself. Do let me know though if you play on Windows, Mac, or Android? Since the game is available on different systems.
I would wait for a bit as an update is expected this evening that changes the deck limit etc...

Altony

Apr 26, 2018
Do you perhaps have it for Windows? Seems like its the most common system. Would greatly appreciate it if you could!
Yes since buying the main game comes with all versions of the game in a single package. Also, as exhi2 posted above, I will wait for the devs to update the game first, and then I will share the link here.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Maurrices

Wito44

May 4, 2021
THANK YOU! I agree with AHSDD that windows is most common system.

3.80 star(s) 14 Votes