4.50 star(s) 16 Votes

Kellam

Apr 1, 2020
Well, if we stick with finance-related translations, 信用 would make more sense as (financial) credit, though I'm not sure whether I could argue any substantial difference between madness and mania. 狂騒 is the term used in Japanese to describe the Roaring Twenties, which does relate to rampant market speculation and ultimately the 1929 stock market crash, but I'm not finding any direct usage link here. It would have more to do with speculative frenzies and a stock market mania than a mental breakdown of an individual after losing all their wealth, though. 狂騒 isn't a medical term.

Most likely, you didn't see my original mention of it because it was an edit; I thought I made the edit pretty soon after the original comment and that it was plausible you loaded the page and wrote up your response after I made the edit, but I guess not.

As for onomatopoeia, this resource might help?
You can type in transliterations directly or copy in plaintext, and it offers various translations/explanations to go with it. Though as a side note, faithless's text is written with all hiragana replaced with katakana to indicate her rough voice, and this can confuse machine translation very easily. She does have a lot of onomatopoeia, but I expect you'll also get garbled nonsense even outside of that.

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
Well, if we stick with finance-related translations, 信用 would make more sense as (financial) credit, though I'm not sure whether I could argue any substantial difference between madness and mania. 狂騒 is the term used in Japanese to describe the Roaring Twenties, which does relate to rampant market speculation and ultimately the 1929 stock market crash, but I'm not finding any direct usage link here. It would have more to do with speculative frenzies and a stock market mania than a mental breakdown of an individual after losing all their wealth, though. 狂騒 isn't a medical term.

Most likely, you didn't see my original mention of it because it was an edit; I thought I made the edit pretty soon after the original comment and that it was plausible you loaded the page and wrote up your response after I made the edit, but I guess not.

As for onomatopoeia, this resource might help?
You can type in transliterations directly or copy in plaintext, and it offers various translations/explanations to go with it. Though as a side note, faithless's text is written with all hiragana replaced with katakana to indicate her rough voice, and this can confuse machine translation very easily. She does have a lot of onomatopoeia, but I expect you'll also get garbled nonsense even outside of that.
...Not sure if I can back 'Succubus of Investment and Maddening Debt.' A little on the nose, don't you think?
Ultimately, some edits will be made for clarity and/or flavor. For example, 'Repressed Dryad' is, raw; 'A Strong Spirit User.'
There's no way to fix that in a way that's okay. The temptation for a stupid JoJoke is just too strong.
How about another one? 'Succubus Student' is raw 'Mindless Student Succubus.' Mindless? What?
One more for luck. 'Selfish Succubus of Black Iron' is 'Black iron and the demon of selfishness.' Now, that one is clearly mangled by the translator, but the point stands.

I'm pretty sure the provided resource is bunk, too. Out of five tests, four turned up null, and the fifth translated as '*slurp*'.
I'm not a fan of just putting verbs in asterisks... Though it is something to remember.
Ultimately, if it did work, I'd want to go back and redo all onomatopoeia up till this point with the new system to maintain consistency, and... bleh.

Kellam

Apr 1, 2020
Well, most of the onomatopoeia in that resource are going to be 4 kana onomatopoeia that repeat a 2 kana segment, like どきどき, and it wouldn't pick up on pauses or long vowels used for emphasis, nor do I know how good it is at converting between hiragana or katakana, but I guess it didn't do great on that front. Good to know. serves as a more general Japanese to English dictionary that I mostly use for getting alternative meanings of words, but it could also work for onomatopoeia? I expect it to have the same problem with extraneous pauses/long vowels though.

I'm happy with the spirit user being a dryad, simply because she's listed as a prehistoric person, which would fit a mythological interpretation, and she's in a tree. "Spirit user" also does sound odd, agreed, though she's determined to win more than strong. Succubus Student, not sure why mtl said "mindless" when "listless" or "apathetic" would make more sense, and she generally doesn't show much outward interest. Interestingly, the kanji for black iron is also used as the title of a manga, Kurogane, and for the kurogane holly. Black steel is also a possible literal translation, and got used for the manga at one point. Out of all of these the only one I'd personally mess with would be adding Listless to succubus student.

I was thinking Succubus of Credit and Mania, personally. You take cards out on credit with the goal of winning before you go bankrupt. There could be a better word than mania, but "maddening debt" does sound on the nose.

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
I'm happy with the spirit user being a dryad, simply because she's listed as a prehistoric person, which would fit a mythological interpretation, and she's in a tree. "Spirit user" also does sound odd, agreed, though she's determined to win more than strong. Succubus Student, not sure why mtl said "mindless" when "listless" or "apathetic" would make more sense, and she generally doesn't show much outward interest. Interestingly, the kanji for black iron is also used as the title of a manga, Kurogane, and for the kurogane holly. Black steel is also a possible literal translation, and got used for the manga at one point. Out of all of these the only one I'd personally mess with would be adding Listless to succubus student.
Hmm... 'Determined Dryad,' maybe... Motivated? ...No, the alliteration is better.
I pulled 'Repressed' out of my goddamn ass since I had nothing to go on but her character itself. Changing that is practically given.
...'Lazy Succubus Student' I suppose works. I couldn't get behind 'Unmotivated,' and neither of the provided adjectives clicked very well either.
...I'm not sure how I like it changing her from a 'Student Succubus' to a 'Succubus Student,' implying this is just a learning experience, until she becomes the Succubus of... deadpan sarcasm, I guess. Succubus of Girl Next Door.
It feels like she's just an elite Trainee Succubus, not her own thing. ...Not like I can edit the Trainee too much, Raw is 'Immature Succubus,' and that is naturally not going to fly.

Kellam

Apr 1, 2020
Oh, I didn't even notice that I switched the word order on my end. That was unintentional, though I guess it suggests the direction that I find more natural. To begin with, the Japanese orders it as 'student succubus', so that really comes down to me being loose with words more than anything.

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
Oh, I didn't even notice that I switched the word order on my end. That was unintentional, though I guess it suggests the direction that I find more natural. To begin with, the Japanese orders it as 'student succubus', so that really comes down to me being loose with words more than anything.
No, I'm switching it because 'Lazy Student Succubus' makes her a Succubus that specializes in being a lazy student, which is a... niche fetish, I think?
'Student Succubus' makes more sense, because sure a Succubus could specialize in being a school student. It's like 'Nurse Succubus,' or 'Nun Succubus,' or 'Cow Succubus (of Peaceful Submission).'
Add an adjective to it and it becomes too specific and thus nonsense, even if it's accurate to their character. 'Welcoming Nurse Succubus,' as opposed to 'Welcoming Succubus Nurse.' It's the difference between being a Succubus Nurse who is Welcoming, and being a Welcoming-Nurse Succubus.
...You can kinda tell I used to write for fun, huh? It's how I've gotten away with so much freestyle translations thus far, because they're good, or at least not bad enough for people to comment on.

JDog5731

May 8, 2020
Hey i dunno it may be a bug but when playing [Faithless Succubus of Greed], when u unseal her and get one [Mouth Slave Crest] on the enemy, you can directly target him with the Big Breast ability, which doesnt seem to make sense, the Crest is supposed to be only for Mouth-like abilities, yet i was able to directly use the Big Breast ability

Might be a bug or something, uhh or perhaps was already said or mentioned in which case my apologies

the ID of the deck is:
CS001=2,CS002=3,CT003=2,CT012=3,GD009=3,GD011=2,GD015=2,GD018=2,MC001=3,MC006=2,MC012=1,SC001=1,SC002=1,SC004=3,SC012=2,SC109=3,TC004=2,TC015=2,TC021=1,p=SC109,n=Mouf

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit 1.You can directly attack enemies with the 3rd Ability but its especifically mentioned [Vaginal Mouth], but forBig Breasts it doesnt say aything in particular

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
Hey i dunno it may be a bug but when playing [Faithless Succubus of Greed], when u unseal her and get one [Mouth Slave Crest] on the enemy, you can directly target him with the Big Breast ability, which doesnt seem to make sense, the Crest is supposed to be only for Mouth-like abilities, yet i was able to directly use the Big Breast ability

Might be a bug or something, uhh or perhaps was already said or mentioned in which case my apologies

the ID of the deck is:
CS001=2,CS002=3,CT003=2,CT012=3,GD009=3,GD011=2,GD015=2,GD018=2,MC001=3,MC006=2,MC012=1,SC001=1,SC002=1,SC004=3,SC012=2,SC109=3,TC004=2,TC015=2,TC021=1,p=SC109,n=Mouf

Edit 1.You can directly attack enemies with the 3rd Ability but its especifically mentioned [Vaginal Mouth], but forBig Breasts it doesnt say aything in particular
My bad, it is 'Big Breast/Mouth Attribute,' so it qualifies for the Crest.
Fixed.

Reactions: JDog5731

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
has the new succubus' scenes not been released yet?
...No? Of course not?
The dev previously was doing one scene a month, but that proved unsustainable, so they've slowed down.
Last time it was a month and a half, and it's been a little over a month since the last scene.

darkmax992

May 20, 2018
...No? Of course not?
The dev previously was doing one scene a month, but that proved unsustainable, so they've slowed down.
Last time it was a month and a half, and it's been a little over a month since the last scene.
oh ok. i mean i dont keep up to date with this thread, i just pop in every so often to check. no need to be so crude :(

Kellam

Apr 1, 2020
New update out, animating Bouncy Succubus' buttjob scene. Next month the dev's aiming to animate her paizuri scene.

New card, Ceremony Preparation (or Ritual if the translation uses that word more often), direct activation card, disaster, curse, 1 cost. Pick a Curse or Succubus Spell card from your deck, shuffle, then place your chosen card on top.

A lot of the other changes were mentioned in the previous article. Forced squeeze actions now have their seal reduction effect still apply, though the other effects still do not. Squeezer-related curses are now considered succubus spells, and all cards relating to curses now relate to succubus spells as well. Squeezers will now show their remaining seal strength instead of their cost.

With buying things on DL Site, you might have better luck sending the confirmation emails to a different address? Worked for me, though where I used to be able to buy things directly, nowadays I have to buy points through PayPal and all that jazz.

4.50 star(s) 16 Votes