ScarletCrow

Mar 14, 2017
Yes, but I tried giving him potion, seduce him, and paying him money, but he always refuses, and now all the options are gone. Am I missing something?

outsider artisan

Developer of Succubus Stories.
Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Yes, but I tried giving him potion, seduce him, and paying him money, but he always refuses, and now all the options are gone. Am I missing something?
You aren't supposed to be able to run out of options. Hmm. I'll have to look into this. Have you tried brewing more sample potions to have him try? You're supposed to be able to keep trying that. It's possible I made a logic error and some combination of failures makes it impossible to continue.

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
I'll def keep an eye on this one in the future, but for now the grind here is real and I'm just going to wait until I hear something about a decent amount of content waiting for me after that grind before I bother.

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
I'll def keep an eye on this one in the future, but for now the grind here is real and I'm just going to wait until I hear something about a decent amount of content waiting for me after that grind before I bother.
Thanks for the feedback.

If you aren't aware I've updated the Itch.io version already with a few minor balance fixes to alleviate this, and added a skip option to most encounters to alleviate the grind. When the game reaches 0.2.0 I'll update stuff here, but for now, patches and small updates will only appear on itch because it's easier for me to update. Waiting for the next major update is a valid approach, I just wanted to make you (and others) aware of the patched version.

I am concerned about too much grind, but I will admit that I intend for the game to have some grinding as I consider progression to be a major component of the game, and I know that won't be everyone's cup of tea. However, I recognize that it was excessive in the release version.

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
I saw that, but not until after I saw most of what is available in the version I downloaded a few days ago as far as I can tell. Not really any reason for me to go back just to compare the grind.

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
I've updated the game to v0.2.1. This version makes the v0.2.0 update free, which had a large amount of content. The changelog is here:

Downloads are available on Itch.io:

This version also needs the tags: Handjob and Titfuck

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Thanks. I updated the Itch page with a downloadable web version for local offline use.

Tau_Iota

Aug 22, 2018
Haven't had the chance to try it yet, but from reading the comments I do have to say that it's awesome for a developer to be open and honest with criticism. There's no deflection, but rather either "I do plan on adding/changing that" or just receiving criticism in a healthy way. Too often developers self-destruct by taking criticism in a negative way, the caveat being that not everything can appeal to everyone so some people just won't be happy because of a core aspect of game play (for example let's say fem protag). Makes my heart warm when developers and players can work together to turn game development into a cooperative exercise; where players remember that they're essentially always going to be playing a test build until the game gets that shiny completed tag (and in some cases even after that, because some devs just keep adding things) and developers understand that when releasing unfinished games that criticism will be plentiful. When thats done right, sky is the limit for the game

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Haven't had the chance to try it yet, but from reading the comments I do have to say that it's awesome for a developer to be open and honest with criticism. There's no deflection, but rather either "I do plan on adding/changing that" or just receiving criticism in a healthy way. Too often developers self-destruct by taking criticism in a negative way, the caveat being that not everything can appeal to everyone so some people just won't be happy because of a core aspect of game play (for example let's say fem protag). Makes my heart warm when developers and players can work together to turn game development into a cooperative exercise; where players remember that they're essentially always going to be playing a test build until the game gets that shiny completed tag (and in some cases even after that, because some devs just keep adding things) and developers understand that when releasing unfinished games that criticism will be plentiful. When thats done right, sky is the limit for the game
Thank you, but good criticism makes that easy, too. So far it's all been respectful and constructive, so it it's easy to take at face value and in stride. You're right thought that sometimes ego can get in the way. And yeah, the unfortunate truth about games in progress like this is that they're iterative and in a constant process of improvement and honing, and that process can be slow and messy. But I believe there's a good game in here (hopefully not buried too deep), and I'll take any help I can to find it!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tau_Iota

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
can i cheat it with cheat enegine? somehow i alway in debt :(
I'm sure it's possible, but I'm not aware of any cheat tables or save editors or anything, and I don't intend to make any myself.

Just some tips: if you stick to the story you will unlock the ability to sell potions to make money. You will also unlock uptown, where you can gain more money from prostitution (though at greater risk of getting in trouble). If you get your exhibitionist fetish up, you can also "chain" customers in prostitution to make a lot of money fast. Also, there's an option to adjust the game's economy in the config menu. Adjust it all the way to the left to make the game as easy as possible.

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Version 0.2.2 has been released on Itch.io, just to let y'all know. Mostly just a balance patch, though some new CGs were also added. (Don't worry about updating the post, this is a pretty small one, and v0.3.0 will be out in a couple weeks anyway.)

Release Notes:
Changelog:

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
v0.3.0-promo.png
The October Update for Succubus Stories, Honest Work, has been released for patrons! It will come to the free edition of the game in one week, on October 13th.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: dorknut

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
I've updated the game to version 0.3.1. This version makes the v0.3.0 update, Honest Work, free for everyone! The changelog is here:

Downloads are available on Itch.io:

This version also needs the tag Footjob.

I hope y'all like the update. Don't hesitate to provide feedback or let me know if you encounter any issues!

Last edited:

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
I had to update the game again (to v0.3.2) to fix a game-breaking bug. Sorry about that.

Links for files:
Changelog:

4.30 star(s) 16 Votes