3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
I just feel sadness and disappointment tbh, the first game delivered on a good corruption story.
It's sad to see the concept disappear slowly like this.

• Sad
Reactions: Netori Popeye
Jul 8, 2020
6 months with no activity from the dev, irrc. Or a dev saying the game is abandoned.

Edit: ok, I did not remember correctly View attachment 3373615
So by those rules if we do not get a post from Rnest by March 6th then this thread should be marked as either "On Hold" or "Abandoned."

I sort of wish I had the skill to work with RPG Maker to create scenarios and such. I'd pick up the torch on this in a heartbeat. I know loads of situations that could have been great for a television station environment. I was looking forward to seeing what he was going to do with that weather system, but after he started posting about adding in school-based situations again I lost hope that he had original ideas. In the end I think he chose a path he had no concept of.

Reactions: Lobbly

Lobbly

Feb 23, 2019
So by those rules if we do not get a post from Rnest by March 6th then this thread should be marked as either "On Hold" or "Abandoned."

I sort of wish I had the skill to work with RPG Maker to create scenarios and such. I'd pick up the torch on this in a heartbeat. I know loads of situations that could have been great for a television station environment. I was looking forward to seeing what he was going to do with that weather system, but after he started posting about adding in school-based situations again I lost hope that he had original ideas. In the end I think he chose a path he had no concept of.
The basics in RPGM aren't very difficult. I watched some youtube videos and played around with it well enough to have some cool events and fights. It's actually quite fun imo to work with RPGM. I also think his project must be super confusing due to both the story and the features he tried to include. It's most likely too overwhelming for someone else to take over.

Jul 8, 2020
The basics in RPGM aren't very difficult. I watched some youtube videos and played around with it well enough to have some cool events and fights. It's actually quite fun imo to work with RPGM. I also think his project must be super confusing due to both the story and the features he tried to include. It's most likely too overwhelming for someone else to take over.
I don't think he had enough of a story to kick off with honestly. He chose a television station as his new setting and had the character move there to distance herself from the craziness from the first game, but he apparently had no plans beyond the weather report and possibly an interview to do at the television station. There's a vast variety of situations you could do with that setting, but instead of capitalizing on that he starts announcing bouncing back into a school setting for some undercover student thing.
His weather system is pretty neat, but it's not the most needed part. You could have easily worked around it. I have heard of others adding scenarios to old games using RPG Maker, so there's no way you couldn't just leave his stuff there and create new triggers for scenarios.

Just to throw it all on the table, there are far too many people doing games or doing stories in general that don't think about their endgame. They only think about the start of an adventure and the setting. You need to have a point to work toward. Rnest had that with his first game, but he didn't have it here. He tried to give her a new start with no goal for her to accomplish. He just threw her into this new career with only passing thoughts about it.
He should've started by having her move to the new area, not by trying to explain it through a very short flashback. She could have applied at the station, met her neighbors, and worked as an assistant for hours of gameplay while he figured out how his weather system would work and any other systems he wanted to attempt. That starting point would be the foundation he could build from and if something didn't work he could return to that point.
Instead of that it seems like he's drawing with ink instead of a pencil, not saving his earlier work so if a line goes wrong he can't erase to fix it.

That all being said, I might give it a go and just take inspiration. Try my hand learning RPG Maker again.

Djskayoser

Oct 25, 2018
@Djskayoser It's cool to see you using my gif in your signature. :) (y)

My thoughts on this... RNest had a cool concept in his mind when he started this but to me it seems like neither the story nor the gameplay worked out like they did in Succulence 1. He tried to be very creative, which is good, but at the point of having massive outfit variations it became clear that he drove into a dead end road by focussing too much on details (probably cause the story didn't work). RPGM isn't the best choice for such a complex game. I hated replaying the game over and over everytime a new version came out and had less scenes then the previous version. It just wasn't that much fun.

My wish is that he moves on to something new and salvages some of his assetts. He's still one of the goats of this genre and I wish him all the best (weither he continues developing this, moves on or stops all together).
Hey, I'm asking about signature, can you do one from Helping The Hotties with Violet?

TLGB25

Oct 25, 2019
I don't think he had enough of a story to kick off with honestly. He chose a television station as his new setting and had the character move there to distance herself from the craziness from the first game, but he apparently had no plans beyond the weather report and possibly an interview to do at the television station. There's a vast variety of situations you could do with that setting, but instead of capitalizing on that he starts announcing bouncing back into a school setting for some undercover student thing.
His weather system is pretty neat, but it's not the most needed part. You could have easily worked around it. I have heard of others adding scenarios to old games using RPG Maker, so there's no way you couldn't just leave his stuff there and create new triggers for scenarios.

Just to throw it all on the table, there are far too many people doing games or doing stories in general that don't think about their endgame. They only think about the start of an adventure and the setting. You need to have a point to work toward. Rnest had that with his first game, but he didn't have it here. He tried to give her a new start with no goal for her to accomplish. He just threw her into this new career with only passing thoughts about it.
He should've started by having her move to the new area, not by trying to explain it through a very short flashback. She could have applied at the station, met her neighbors, and worked as an assistant for hours of gameplay while he figured out how his weather system would work and any other systems he wanted to attempt. That starting point would be the foundation he could build from and if something didn't work he could return to that point.
Instead of that it seems like he's drawing with ink instead of a pencil, not saving his earlier work so if a line goes wrong he can't erase to fix it.

That all being said, I might give it a go and just take inspiration. Try my hand learning RPG Maker again.
At this point I'm just wondering if the guy is alive or not. As for the game, I feel it started good. Most people enjoy a feeling of progression in their games, so having her lose her powers is necessary. In order to regain her powers she must feed off the sexual dreams of her neighbors which in turn lowers her neighbors' sexual inhibitions. And you are correct in that there are many situations you do with a television station setting, from basic wardrobe malfunctions to deliberate exposure and eventually engaging in sexual acts while on camera. The story was really promising and I'm baffled that there has been no progress since his initial release.

I would be happy to see someone take his ideas and actually do something with them. I wish you luck if you do decide to give it a shot.

Jul 8, 2020
At this point I'm just wondering if the guy is alive or not. As for the game, I feel it started good. Most people enjoy a feeling of progression in their games, so having her lose her powers is necessary. In order to regain her powers she must feed off the sexual dreams of her neighbors which in turn lowers her neighbors' sexual inhibitions. And you are correct in that there are many situations you do with a television station setting, from basic wardrobe malfunctions to deliberate exposure and eventually engaging in sexual acts while on camera. The story was really promising and I'm baffled that there has been no progress since his initial release.

I would be happy to see someone take his ideas and actually do something with them. I wish you luck if you do decide to give it a shot.
It's true. At this point we deserve to know the dude's status, after pretty much a year of the guy saying he's sick as 70% of his delay excuses. I still think that maybe the change of RPG Maker version may have thrown him or it could be as simple as his computer not being as capable as it should for the program.

As for my possible endeavor into RPG Maker, before I start in on trying to learn the program's ins and outs I'm gonna sit down and start writing up story and scenarios. I want to have a catalog of things I can add, steps on the way to my character's goal. I may take a cue from popular Japanese eroge authors and create a cast of characters that can meet and interact between titles if I decide to make different games. To put it simply I'm going to get prepared in every way before I make the attempt.

I'm still gonna watch out for Rnest to resurface, but I won't sweat it as much as most. If this game never gets completed we all still have the first.

SamanthaLFG

Dec 10, 2018
On svscomics there a SUCCULENCE 2: LIVE ACTION TEST RELEASE 2023 release..https://svscomics.com/download/595117/succulence-ver25-walkthrough-uncen-eng-by-r-nest-games
someone can download because i can't.. thanks

campfap

Jul 31, 2017
On svscomics there a SUCCULENCE 2: LIVE ACTION TEST RELEASE 2023 release..https://svscomics.com/download/595117/succulence-ver25-walkthrough-uncen-eng-by-r-nest-games
someone can download because i can't.. thanks
This was just a test demo with less than 2 minutes of "gameplay". No freeroam, no events, nothing. Just a small corridor with a room at the end. I cant quite remember what was tested, i think some cut-ins. But defenitly not worth downloading. It was 1GB or something ridiculus bc he was too lazy to do a proper build and just put it ontop of his game.

Jul 8, 2020
I gotta say... It's been 4 months since we've heard from this guy. His last patreon post was December 6 and it is now March 13. The title of his post was "I Live" and the first two lines of that post were "And I'm back. And I finally feel healthy. And I'm fired up."
We're all thinking the guy might be dead, but if he wasn't lying about being healthy maybe the dude was so healthy and fired up he started running like Forest Gump and hasn't gotten tired yet.

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes