3.40 star(s) 5 Votes
Jul 8, 2020
Did this guy fall through a blackhole or something? His last post was at the start of freakin' December. It's been more than 2 months since that post and I figured there'd at least be one of his random excuses by now.

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
Did this guy fall through a blackhole or something? His last post was at the start of freakin' December. It's been more than 2 months since that post and I figured there'd at least be one of his random excuses by now.
Honestly, it is better this way. Whether he is taking a break or actually working on the game, both options are better than him trying to release something over and over again.

Reactions: voltairepop

mlkey

Oct 4, 2018
What are the requirements for the abandoned tag? I believe zero patreon updates for 3 +months now should suffice.

Jul 8, 2020
What are the requirements for the abandoned tag? I believe zero patreon updates for 3 +months now should suffice.
His last update was December 6. I think "on paper" they have it set at 2 years or something like that for the abandoned tag, but that didn't stop them from declaring other things on this forum as abandoned. I think enough people have to request it.
In other words if you want it marked then gather like-minds and start talking to mods.

mlkey

Oct 4, 2018
Not like marking as abandoned will do anything tbh, we all know its abandoned... except the super fanatics. Dont get me wrong, the reason we're all annoyed by this is cus we like succulence, but dang, the dev is very.... well you know

hazurasu

Sep 29, 2017
does i need to say "AMAZING 2 YEAR NO UPDATE" now?
or i just need to post it on december this year? XD

i think saying that earlier doesn't change anything
in fact... back on 2023... far before the year end.... i already said... that the game will go in next year without single update

it seems become reality....

and for part 2....
i feels it gonna be same this year... without update again....
maybe for this year the ratio is 80:20.... 80% for not updating the game....
and 20% FINALLY the dev comeback with his body, brain, and emotion still intact....

supporting succulence 1 was the best things ever.... even back then, without text skipping, the story was amazing....
i spend around 1 week playing it.... and still replay it til now.....

sadly succulence 2 seems dead on blackhole.... and struggle to get out of it
**insert CS2 meme door stuck

i hope if the creator seen this shitty text from me....
you should be update your game ASAP.... don't need to fix some useless bug... just focus on story, cs, and bug fix will come later.... after all it's not even v1...

and remember... if u can't fix the bug... belive me.... the member of f95 will be able to make its own patch to fix the bug when it's comeout.....

and for anyone who read this because waiting succulence update
then you can try "damon" game... it's full release game.... you can find it booth on f95 and itch.io and you can choose your own price for that game on itch.io if u want to support the game.....

2024.... i hope new h game with good enough story will comeout...
not just typical.... HEI BRO LETS SEG game on this year.....

*note... yeah i not really hate succulence dev... i just hate when he just starting making excuses... and starting to create HIS OWN DEADLINE that he himself can't even fulfill.....

Reactions: flowsand
Jul 8, 2020
*note... yeah i not really hate succulence dev... i just hate when he just starting making excuses... and starting to create HIS OWN DEADLINE that he himself can't even fulfill.....
I absolutely know the feeling. I don't hate the guy and I don't want people to hate the guy, but I really feel the disappointment they have with him.
I came in later into the game, usually dealing with Japanese developers selling their stuff on DLsite. I discovered a bunch of these Patreon-fueled games when I started browsing around here.
I've seen more than a few just straight up abandon their stuff, like Erahunter. Then they come out with another game called Naked Adventure and I think they might be the same people that started up Tales of Divinity: Rodinka's Lewd Adventures after that. All three of those are still way more of a game than anything dude's done with Succulence 2 and they seem to be still actively working on Rodinka.

Putting all that to the side, I think people just want some kind of progress from Rnest. 85% of his Patreon posts are him giving excuses and pausing his payments while giving some kind of release date that only results in another excuse post. The other 15% is him talking about features and/or events he's adding to a game we have pretty much never seen 2 seconds of. Oh and he drops a still image of the character in every other post in case you forgot what she looks like.
I think we all want some activity.
He should tell the people that are still trying to give him money what's going on.

hazurasu

Sep 29, 2017
I absolutely know the feeling. I don't hate the guy and I don't want people to hate the guy, but I really feel the disappointment they have with him.
I came in later into the game, usually dealing with Japanese developers selling their stuff on DLsite. I discovered a bunch of these Patreon-fueled games when I started browsing around here.
I've seen more than a few just straight up abandon their stuff, like Erahunter. Then they come out with another game called Naked Adventure and I think they might be the same people that started up Tales of Divinity: Rodinka's Lewd Adventures after that. All three of those are still way more of a game than anything dude's done with Succulence 2 and they seem to be still actively working on Rodinka.

Putting all that to the side, I think people just want some kind of progress from Rnest. 85% of his Patreon posts are him giving excuses and pausing his payments while giving some kind of release date that only results in another excuse post. The other 15% is him talking about features and/or events he's adding to a game we have pretty much never seen 2 seconds of. Oh and he drops a still image of the character in every other post in case you forgot what she looks like.
I think we all want some activity.
He should tell the people that are still trying to give him money what's going on.
and some people earlier had "hard" argument with me until the some mods here giving me some "warning point" after that argument....
some people justified the action of the dev....
while the dev always making excuses....

the justification is patreon paused....

well.. that's not really the issue
the real issue was "no update til now...."

i really miss days on past when i seeing this succulence dev
i mean
look... A zombies life... urban demon... zombies retreat.... and now damon....
we surely must have those game again in future with good story and better system....

not just "we will update this next weekend"

and after timeskip to that weekend... they said "sorry guys i had ......."

that's so sad....
in fact i already telling this game will be able to see 2024 without update is amazing.... this is the fact that the dev will never learn.... it's like.... Bro i will go to your house tonight... and will will make a great party tonight....

and when the night come.... i come with this excuses
"sorry bro... i can't make it. there's a rock on road, about 5cm diameter on side of the road... i afraid my car will be damaged"

just nonsense....
and yeah.... i hope THIS SUCCULENCE DEV WILL COMEBACK SOON
look man... IF YOU READ MY THREAD FROM ANY SOURCE OR SOME RANDOM PEOPLE SS IT TO YOUR INBOX
just make the game man... if you had many bug... trust me.... I myself or f95 forum as a whole.... they will give the patch to that error.... without single dollar comeout from your wallet.....

with this things... i sure.... no more excuses.... "the eyes half open so i will fix it on next week" well jokes on you.... we can fix that....

the only things people want to wait is because they want to see how far... how good the story... and how complex they're...
back on succulence 1.... 1 play it more than 1 week and still not 100% complete....

that's what people think about the game.... long in gameplay... alot CG.... good enough story for H game.....

and now.... maybe TIER A excuses dev i ever seen

Lobbly

Feb 23, 2019
@Djskayoser It's cool to see you using my gif in your signature. :) (y)

My thoughts on this... RNest had a cool concept in his mind when he started this but to me it seems like neither the story nor the gameplay worked out like they did in Succulence 1. He tried to be very creative, which is good, but at the point of having massive outfit variations it became clear that he drove into a dead end road by focussing too much on details (probably cause the story didn't work). RPGM isn't the best choice for such a complex game. I hated replaying the game over and over everytime a new version came out and had less scenes then the previous version. It just wasn't that much fun.

My wish is that he moves on to something new and salvages some of his assetts. He's still one of the goats of this genre and I wish him all the best (weither he continues developing this, moves on or stops all together).

Reactions: Humato

TheByQ

Feb 14, 2018
His last update was December 6. I think "on paper" they have it set at 2 years or something like that for the abandoned tag, but that didn't stop them from declaring other things on this forum as abandoned. I think enough people have to request it.
In other words if you want it marked then gather like-minds and start talking to mods.
6 months with no activity from the dev, irrc. Or a dev saying the game is abandoned.

Edit: ok, I did not remember correctly 1708501266346.png

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 5 Votes