• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

Fatneck

Aug 19, 2020
I'll put my two cents in on what's going on right now.

The fact that there is radio silence on patreon for 3+ weekscan be seen as a good or bad thing.

Starting with the bad (which, as optimistic as I want to be, seems to be the more likely option, given the entire history of delays that someone has posted recently.), RNest has given up completely on the project and is still stuck on making an excuse on what happened with the game.

OR RNest has gone down a rabbithole about a new function and has wasted hours trying to develop this new function instead of working on the release.

The good (my more optimistic look), RNest is actually working hard on the release and is not posting any updates until the release is done and the next thing we see on the patreon is the update that we waited a literal year for.

I'm personally holding out on the optimistic take, but to each their own.
The truth might be somewhere there in the middle. However there are probably other options. Well he pauzes patreon when he does not deliver. I love Succulence, and boy was i thrilled when i learned there is going to be a sequel. Thrill is over. RNest delivered a great game which i still love. If he is sorting out his problems or recovering from whatever thing, he has to do that in his own time. I just asume this is it, there is nothing more. Everything the future brings on this, might be a gift or a curse al alike. Of course i rather have the ideal situation, where there is silence because the productivity is high. Syill i think this is unlikely. For now i am going to enjoy a piece of succulence. Maybe i find something i overlooked in previous runs. Have a good one.

Reactions: BrightVerne

Lasucrom

Aug 27, 2018
The truth might be somewhere there in the middle. However there are probably other options. Well he pauzes patreon when he does not deliver. I love Succulence, and boy was i thrilled when i learned there is going to be a sequel. Thrill is over. RNest delivered a great game which i still love. If he is sorting out his problems or recovering from whatever thing, he has to do that in his own time. I just asume this is it, there is nothing more. Everything the future brings on this, might be a gift or a curse al alike. Of course i rather have the ideal situation, where there is silence because the productivity is high. Syill i think this is unlikely. For now i am going to enjoy a piece of succulence. Maybe i find something i overlooked in previous runs. Have a good one.
The terrible: RNest is not in this world anymore and someone is leeching his patreon

BrightVerne

Aug 3, 2019
Reactions: Humato

AH1488

Nov 1, 2020
He has usually been fairly prompt about coming up with a new excuse every time a deadline has passed. He might actually be dead this time.

hazurasu

Sep 29, 2017
The terrible: RNest is not in this world anymore and someone is leeching his patreon
dev like a zombies life is the best i think
sadly in past if i not wrong the patreon is suspended
and he drop all the project

i hope in past he had like subscribestar... so he can continue the amazing works.....
i still remember the things like daily life in countryside still continue.....

i hope on future alot of old dev make epic comeback.....
sadly the succulence seems had no idealism anymore..... since no more update

for RNEST?
well not really much

Pique1

Apr 20, 2020
By that logic everyone should stop complaining. Let the white knights continue to go un-checked. Let the patrons continue to enable the Dev.

Most patrons come from this site and at a time i also supported. Sure most people come here for the free games but even if it is as high as 99% members here get the game for free and only 1% actually becomes a patron, Out if the 6,693,191 members that's still 66,931 possible members becoming patrons.

It is extremely clear the Dev is comfortable, he's earning enough, patrons still flutter to his patron to keep supporting him. So why would he risk changing anything? why would he release something if it has the potential of upsetting the ever growing patrons he still accumulates?
If a patron thinks of himself as an enabler, and he wishes to do so, that's fine by me. :)
For every other patron - they do see if there are results coming or not and can choose to stop giving him money, cant they? I dont think that they need a forum to see that there are no updates coming. And they know for themselves how long they are paying him.

I mean - did anyone actually contacted the dev and formulate the fear that this could be a scam, because of all the delays? Like spoke with him constructively? I dont know man ... I really understand everybody who is unhappy with this. It does mean that it's really important for all those who complain. The first game was so good, that he build himself a fanbase (that is now disapointed). But for me - reading all these near hateful comments just doesnt feel right either, you know?

• Haha
Reactions: Lord Kentus

Humato

Jan 20, 2018
Doing AI image-to-image on old Succulence Serena while waiting for Succulence 2:

And a younger version:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I wonder what a Succulence-game would look like with AI-generated pictures like these where you have to travel between a few years to solve problems ("Ocarina of Time"-inspired thought)? The younger version of Serena is a beauty.

I don't mind the older version either. That version of Serena signals intelligence and authority. Which suits her ordinary work well, in my mind.

Reactions: Sepheyer
Jul 8, 2020
If a patron thinks of himself as an enabler, and he wishes to do so, that's fine by me. :)
For every other patron - they do see if there are results coming or not and can choose to stop giving him money, cant they? I dont think that they need a forum to see that there are no updates coming. And they know for themselves how long they are paying him.

I mean - did anyone actually contacted the dev and formulate the fear that this could be a scam, because of all the delays? Like spoke with him constructively? I dont know man ... I really understand everybody who is unhappy with this. It does mean that it's really important for all those who complain. The first game was so good, that he build himself a fanbase (that is now disapointed). But for me - reading all these near hateful comments just doesnt feel right either, you know?
Read the comments on his Patreon. Some of the "hateful" comments you're reading on here are quite tame by comparison.

Reactions: voltairepop

Hypor

Nov 22, 2018
For every other patron - they do see if there are results coming or not and can choose to stop giving him money, cant they?..........
Wasn't going to reply to the dude because of the mental gymnastics going on to justify the defence. Shit i've already said as well.

Rnest definitely checks these forums so there is no need to tell him directly and he 100% already knows what he dose wrong. Hes been doing this for at least 2 years, not just a year since the last release i documented.

A metaphor to it (something i brought up before), is imagine a un-refundable Amazon package you ordered and every month they tell you a delivery date, then make you wait up to that day or past it, then tell you its delayed a few days until its cancelled and a new delivery date is issued. Then this process is repeated 8 times throughout a full year with still no delivery.
You have to have no respect or even self respect to put on that performance we received throughout. There was Zero respect to his fans which should be met with the exact same respect given.
Everyone has shown extreme patience over respect for the first game but even if its free for everyone being told to get your hopes up weekly for a release is insane. Anyone that had that second delivery date missed by amazon would be cussing out their support team.

Now if the posts written were, 'im finishing the game' instead of the expected early access releases or 'doing a very large update and don't know if i have a release this year'. Sure people would be slightly tilted but literally cannot complain with that as its being transparent.

=================

I also want to mention how he fell into this shitty behaviour which was his fans fault. After his 2nd/3rd release of Succ2 he got absolutely slated by his community for the bugs and content. Had reviews purged twice on this thread. Lost 30 - 40% of his patrons.
Then he stopped releasing regularly and started to keep redoing stuff, then got far slower with adding way less content to his updates. Once he started doing this bullshit he regained all his 30 - 40% patrons and even went up another 20% with it still continuing to grow until he missed his last patron update post which caused it to stagnate and drop a tiny bit.

So he absolutely needs to get a kicked in the money to course correct him. As thats what put him into this bad direction from the start.

Also i believe we are not hearing from him as he knows everyone is fed up with the excuses and the next post he wants to make is releasing the game. Problem is he is in the same state he was for the past 2 years... unmotivated. But at least we aren't hearing nonsense excuses, updates on his patreon would be nice of course to clear uncertainty.

Reactions: MokuZaZai

youersky

Jan 29, 2021
View attachment 3225151
i still dont understand why people are bickering on this pirate site lmao
That's why this game should be labeled as Abandon

As you said, no one should complain about this website, so what should people do here? Firstly, it is impossible to discuss the game content, as it can be said that the game has not released any substantial updates for two years. Should people praise it? It's even more impossible. If you ban the last thing you can do, then this post should be abandoned

hakirayleigh

Oct 7, 2018
Doing AI image-to-image on old Succulence Serena while waiting for Succulence 2:

And a younger version:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Both versions seems amazing, but the older one seems so intimidating. But Serena is really easygoing, so I'm gonna pick the younger version. Anyways. This game is dead or is in stand by??

Duifer

Oct 16, 2017
Both versions seems amazing, but the older one seems so intimidating. But Serena is really easygoing, so I'm gonna pick the younger version. Anyways. This game is dead or is in stand by??
your guess is as good as mine, the patreon hasnt had an update since december 6th, the post about "keeping our eyes peeled for next wed to friday" (13th to 15th of december)

Feb 9, 2018
it's more than reasonable that he's not working since the 25th until 6th but yeah, it feels abandoned, he's been months with "update next week", hasn't talked since a month ago and at this point if the next message (whenever it is) isn't "here's the download link" it'll feel even worse

EnterYourNameHere

Mar 16, 2022
3.40 star(s) 5 Votes