3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

ckt99

Jan 18, 2022
Did he basically release this crummy update so the abandoned tag could be taken away, so it could look to his patrons that there could be another update?

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2020
Did he basically release this crummy update so the abandoned tag could he taken away, so it could look to his patrons that there could be another update?
The funnier thing is that everyone seems to be calling this an update.
I didn't even know they'd finally put the abandoned tag on here.

darknet_user

Nov 8, 2021
Which game file i should download? 0.1 or 0.63.3
0.63.3, the 0.1 demo has like 20min of playtime if you REALLY push it, and then locks you in in your bedroom. But honestly idk if even the 0.63.3 version has an respectable amount of content. The update logs hint to some, but i didnt really find any thats worth mentioning, but maybe im just missing something or got some bugs, idk.

Okay update: Search for the 0.5.4 version. 0.6.3 has less content as well since thats yet ANOTHER remake lmaoooo

Last edited:
Reactions: voltairepop

shundi82

Sep 7, 2022
Which game file i should download? 0.1 or 0.63.3
As mentioned already, 0.5.4 is the most complete:
Mega

To give more context of why the dev even back in 2021 tried to rework/remake the game after the 0.5.4 release (taken from Patreon):
This update is basically a white flag of surrender from me. After 3 months of struggle I declare defeat - main story has beaten me into submission.
That's why I release this update in whatever state it is - to show you that I was doing something all this time, and because I want to take a break from the main quest and do something fun.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2020
0.63.3, the 0.1 demo has like 20min of playtime if you REALLY push it, and then locks you in in your bedroom. But honestly idk if even the 0.63.3 version has an respectable amount of content. The update logs hint to some, but i didnt really find any thats worth mentioning, but maybe im just missing something or got some bugs, idk.

Okay update: Search for the 0.5.4 version. 0.6.3 has less content as well since thats yet ANOTHER remake lmaoooo
Every update log he's ever given hints at some additional content. The problem is that every single time he drops a product it includes nothing he said it would in the previous time he's talked about it.

Let's cite the current example:
[R]Nest said this about the current product way back on April 29th,
"I've been assembling all the disjointed parts from Succulence 2 over the past few weeks."
Then of course he sets a deadline, which might be his biggest flaw,
"By second half of May I'll be done with clumping all the un-released stuff together, along with whatever adjustments I'll deem necessary."
So he basically says he has a whole mess of content he'd been working on. One would guess from the wording that he meant content not already given to us. Then dude turns around and gives out "Rebroadcast," which takes away 75% of the content we already had in an almost identical prototype.

The comments on the newest Patreon post speaks volumes. I swear [R]Nest could sell you the shoes you threw away 10 years ago and claim he just pulled them off the assembly line. The dude worked on this since 2019 and 5 years of work took game away. I don't think it's supposed to work that way.

Reactions: ckt99 and Fakecrash

Emerald_Deceivers

Nov 9, 2021
It's a bit of a shame. The first game is one of my all-time favorites. Been watching the drama surrounding the sequel for years now with a mix of mild frustration and amusement.

That said, as someone who recently stumped their toes on game development themselves, I can kind of glimpse what they could potentially be going through. Some of the tasks involved are grueling and can easily get away from you, siphoning all the motivation that caused you to begin in the first place. Top that with a hot layer of exhibiting your creative endeavors to a critical and invested audience and you're left with a toxic baby you feel disgusted by, responsible for, and beholden to. I can see it being enough to make anyone sane somewhat dysfunctional and anyone less-than-sane (honestly, most people in one way or another) a hot mess.

Just speculation, though. Still doesn't excuse things, just might make for understanding a crappy situation all around. Creating can manifest a deep, dark hole in more ways than one. I wish them the best, and hope they manage to find a way to claw back some of the trust they've burnt through.

SukhiX

Sep 4, 2018
Does anyone have the old version of this game that had quite a lot of content in it, but before the maker started the multiple remakes of it? XX

makeitso

Jul 29, 2018
--as someone who recently stumped their toes on game development themselves, I can kind of glimpse what they could potentially be going through.
Yeah. S2 feels like the scope exploded and nothing was ultimately finished. The "toxic baby" theory is probably accurate.

Similar things happened to me too with some stories where I wanted to build a whole world around a character or scene and later realised I was in over my head. Once the inspiration is gone, you're left assembling a puzzle out of the boring pieces. In S2, a lot of secondary stuff seemed to appear before the core was fleshed out: huge maps, minigames, a novel combat system... I can see them being "darlings" that received frequent attention because they were dear and fun to work on, but they didn't really turn into meat or bones for the game.

That said, all the details were what made S1 such a hit for me, so maybe "kill your darlings" doesn't apply here. Everyone has their process when it comes to creating.

Anyway, felt like checking in after two years away from the game and thread. It's been long enough for the dev to become a whole different person, and S2 a whole different game, guess we'll see.

theraphosa

Sep 10, 2020
My theory is much simpler.
Succulence was made by a 2 man team.
The beginning of Succulence 2 too. Then the team split up and Rnest published what the two had created so far, piece by piece.
With nothing left, he began milking his followers with promises and excuses. At some point the income dropped and he started the “big remake”.
He started with the introduction and published one update after the other until he was back at the point where the team of two's material was at the end.
As a capable businessman, he naturally knew what to do: promises and excuses. After another 2 years the income fell again and who would have thought.......a remake.
It starts again with the same 5 year old introduction and promises regular updates with new content. He even writes what will be added in the coming updates.
And what will be added is what was already added in both previous versions.
My prediction: when the game is back to the end of the material developed by the team, the businessman knows what he has to do. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: joedohn

joedohn

Jan 7, 2020
The beginning of Succulence 2 too. Then the team split up and Rnest published what the two had created so far, piece by piece.
With nothing left, he began milking his followers with promises and excuses. At some point the income dropped and he started the “big remake”.
He started with the introduction and published one update after the other until he was back at the point where the team of two's material was at the end.
As a capable businessman, he naturally knew what to do: promises and excuses. After another 2 years the income fell again and who would have thought.......a remake.
It starts again with the same 5 year old introduction and promises regular updates with new content. He even writes what will be added in the coming updates.
My prediction: when the game is back to the end of the material developed by the team, the businessman knows what he has to do. :ROFLMAO:
while i dont want this to be true, it certainly feels true.

every lack luster update for the last 2 years had been preceded by posts about the brand new shiny thing that is 90-100% completed. unfortunately it always manages to "break the game" so it cant be included in the release, nor can ANY trace of it being worked on or existing (as stated above, dev will include over a GB of unnecessary CG for a 10 minute intro release, but must PURGE any trace of new content from past releases)

Example from May 2023 (there are others but im not a patron anymore so i cant see everything/dont feel like searching)
Changelog:
- CG for Work Event #1 - 100% done
- Dialogue/Variations for Work Event #1 - 100% done
- CG for Work Event #2 - 100% done
- Dialogue/Variations for Work Event #2 - 100% done
- CG for Bar event #1 - 100% done
- CG for Bar event #2 - 100% done
- Diagolue for Bar events - 100% done
- Level up bonuses for bar events - 25% done
- Critical bug with leveling system - resolved

- Serena's coat CG's for all relevant image sets - 100% done
- Unique Coat event #1 - 100% done
- Unique Coat event #2 - 50% done

Reactions: voltairepop

hazurasu

Sep 29, 2017
what make you think it was made by 2 ppl/team?

i surely think from earlier stage they one man army isn't?

hazurasu

Sep 29, 2017
while i dont want this to be true, it certainly feels true.

every lack luster update for the last 2 years had been preceded by posts about the brand new shiny thing that is 90-100% completed. unfortunately it always manages to "break the game" so it cant be included in the release, nor can ANY trace of it being worked on or existing (as stated above, dev will include over a GB of unnecessary CG for a 10 minute intro release, but must PURGE any trace of new content from past releases)

Example from May 2023 (there are others but im not a patron anymore so i cant see everything/dont feel like searching)
Changelog:
- CG for Work Event #1 - 100% done
- Dialogue/Variations for Work Event #1 - 100% done
- CG for Work Event #2 - 100% done
- Dialogue/Variations for Work Event #2 - 100% done
- CG for Bar event #1 - 100% done
- CG for Bar event #2 - 100% done
- Diagolue for Bar events - 100% done
- Level up bonuses for bar events - 25% done
- Critical bug with leveling system - resolved

- Serena's coat CG's for all relevant image sets - 100% done
- Unique Coat event #1 - 100% done
- Unique Coat event #2 - 50% done
indded

i mean he running on rpgm engine right?
on past i developing something with it
it quite good engine
which plug and play feature
include story base something

so if we make X feature for ABCDE line
and the X broke ABCDE

then all we should do is just run A-B-C-D-E as separate entity, then look where the broke come, then implement the X after it all....
i sure it's not hard to do even for newbie who had less than 10 hour experience on RPGM

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes