3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

Klauw1988

Aug 23, 2020
I literally thought this game recieved a new update but ohh boy, I was mistaken.

If the developer will make content (story, events, plot) updates every 2-3 weeks without delay, the game will quickly regain everything it lost. But that's all up to the developer, not us and we will see in the near future
I'm going to be the devil's advocate here, but why would I believe this game regain everything it lost if the developer brings out content every 2 to 3 weeks? I mean, I don't have any hopes if I look at the histroy of his/her other projects. First I want to see before believing it.

Humato

Jan 20, 2018
Since it seems like we’re not getting anything,

I’m semi at here too. Like the game feels cleaner and plays slightly nicer, but it really depends on how much he sticks to it from here.
If I remember correct the dev behind [R]Nest used to work together with someone on the first game. Sometime after the second game started that person quit, and everything started to go downwards. The only person that was left tried to do the other developers job the same time as his/her own. And that made it all messed up.

From the feeling I get from this new version I think [R]Nest has stopped trying to save the old "sinking ship"-version and started with an all new one.

By the look of the size of this version on the harddrive I think there is a lot of mechanics behind that we don't know so much about at the moment. So I think the dev want to try go back to the game again. So I'm also semi here. This could turn out great for everyone, the same as the first game.

But I don't think it's right for some people to write bad words about how much [R]Nest get paid. We don't know if there is a Discord or other server involved in the work. So there might be a lot going on behind the scene that we have no clue about ("payers only" so to say). So I wish those who write in anger stop doing so. They are just bullying the supporters for their own lack of knowledge. They are not bullying the developer. I think the paying supporters might know more than we do.

Jul 8, 2020
The comments on his newest Patreon post is littered with sarcasm and I am pretty damn certain that [R]Nest doesn't understand sarcasm. In fact I'll go a step further and believe that he doesn't listen to his patrons at all. He puts polls and crap like that on his Patreon to get engagement and pretend he listens.

Oh and has anyone else tried to save in this 5-10 minute sample of the not long enough to be called a game?
Someone here exclaimed this had no errors or crashes, but that person obviously didn't try to save.
Whoever it was that said that about this "game" doesn't even deserve to be quoted or searched for the post.

[R]Nest should just stick all his project files into a zip/rar file and give it to someone else. If the dude is ill then start a Gofundme and get the hell off of Patreon unless he's gonna actually do something once a month. A month is a long time and once people give you over $900 you have a responsibility to at least do some kind of work.

a670711

Jan 26, 2024
0 hope for this dev but let's see how much content is there and if he actually makes reasonable updates this time, like the one he already promised in 2-3 weeks

hazurasu

Sep 29, 2017
If the developer will make content (story, events, plot) updates every 2-3 weeks without delay, the game will quickly regain everything it lost. But that's all up to the developer, not us and we will see in the near future
and also not near future
but "NEXT" update
from last info
he will give it less than 1 month
let's see on next 1 month deadline
does he stick to his own word or not

if yes
maybe

MAYBE
the prev supporter include me will become his patreon again
but
IF NOT
well

nope

hazurasu

Sep 29, 2017
The comments on his newest Patreon post is littered with sarcasm and I am pretty damn certain that [R]Nest doesn't understand sarcasm. In fact I'll go a step further and believe that he doesn't listen to his patrons at all. He puts polls and crap like that on his Patreon to get engagement and pretend he listens.

Oh and has anyone else tried to save in this 5-10 minute sample of the not long enough to be called a game?
Someone here exclaimed this had no errors or crashes, but that person obviously didn't try to save.
Whoever it was that said that about this "game" doesn't even deserve to be quoted or searched for the post.

[R]Nest should just stick all his project files into a zip/rar file and give it to someone else. If the dude is ill then start a Gofundme and get the hell off of Patreon unless he's gonna actually do something once a month. A month is a long time and once people give you over $900 you have a responsibility to at least do some kind of work.
yeah, from what it seen on first game
he must be easy to get the CG since all they do is mostly static or small animated things
based on (i forget) "some honey select, or koikatsu" type of games

so as far as we or other ppl had "basemodel"
we can make the story from thin air
and waste 3hour maximum for 1 frame of CG
then maybe waste 6-12 hour for coding is more than enough for 1 code lead to 1 cg (if the coder is noob ofc)

but let's see how well they stick on his own word this time
will this is become first and last post this year
or he will comeback to past
updating this game til the end?

flynn1986

Dec 4, 2022
This shit wasn't as bad as the Summertime Saga update which actively took 90% of the game content away, but coming back after so long with nothing and just saying "I lost my mojo" is still like spitting in the face of the people who HAVE actively supported these games. Hopefully from here there are good things to follow and eventually a finished Succulence 2

Reactions: thepervgamer

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
This shit wasn't as bad as the Summertime Saga update which actively took 90% of the game content away, but coming back after so long with nothing and just saying "I lost my mojo" is still like spitting in the face of the people who HAVE actively supported these games. Hopefully from here there are good things to follow and eventually a finished Succulence 2
I mean, it was quite clear that he lost his mojo. And in the end, he also paused the payments during those delays, so I dont think it is that bad for the people subscribed to his Patreon.

IMO if he now delivers v0.2 in two weeks and can keep a schedule with shorter, but faster Updates, it might not be that bad. What he had previously planned did not work out for him, so it is positive that he is trying something new now.

• Haha
Reactions: Lord Kentus
Jul 8, 2020
yeah, from what it seen on first game
he must be easy to get the CG since all they do is mostly static or small animated things
based on (i forget) "some honey select, or koikatsu" type of games

so as far as we or other ppl had "basemodel"
we can make the story from thin air
and waste 3hour maximum for 1 frame of CG
then maybe waste 6-12 hour for coding is more than enough for 1 code lead to 1 cg (if the coder is noob ofc)

but let's see how well they stick on his own word this time
will this is become first and last post this year
or he will comeback to past
updating this game til the end?
He seems to use Realplay, an older Illusion title, for his character. It's pretty close to the base model settings, so it would be incredibly easy to replicate. With just a little work you could use a later Illusion title to create a better model. I'd recommend Honey Select 2. There's a studio plug in that you can do amazing things with and you could easily surpass anything he would've done.
Here's a sample, a character I made of Serena using Honey Select 2.

Reactions: Sepheyer

Djskayoser

Oct 25, 2018
He seems to use Realplay, an older Illusion title, for his character. It's pretty close to the base model settings, so it would be incredibly easy to replicate. With just a little work you could use a later Illusion title to create a better model. I'd recommend Honey Select 2. There's a studio plug in that you can do amazing things with and you could easily surpass anything he would've done.
She looks cool

Fatneck

Aug 19, 2020
She looks Big Boned . . .

1egn

Sep 23, 2019
Succulence was one of the first game I played and is one of my favorites it's really sad to see it's sequel in such a state

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes