3.40 star(s) 5 Votes
Sep 8, 2019
The truth is and I hope I am wrong he never intended to release another update his intention was to milk a dead cow and try and get his patrons he had once back, but it was never going to occur.

Jul 8, 2020
We could debate the game into oblivion, but it wouldn't change what already happened.
There has been so much talk about his "well being," but if he had an actual health condition he could have been upfront about that instead of constantly giving solid deadlines to his patrons while they pleaded and then cussed at him with every new post.

Nothing can change the facts that he had this game developing (a term I may be using very loosely) for five years, the work given out was not in any means five years worth, and his patreon is straight up gone now.
My best guess is one of two things led to this outcome.
1: He could no longer cope with the constant criticism on the very lacking progress and did away with it abruptly.
2: Patreon contacted him because of the constant pausing of payments, etc. Maybe even spurred on by patrons reporting the situation to them.

People keep bringing up the first game, so I do need to point out that he had help making that one and we have no idea what split that team up. There were also unresolved questlines in that game that we never got finished. Instead we got it clipped off as an "Anniversary Edition" and told it was complete. I believe more than ever that the other person involved did most of the work in RPG Maker.

On the side of my own fan-based work I've shown on here,
I do not intend on creating Patreon for my work if I do create a recreation of Succulence 1. I'd be doing it as kind of a practice exam for creating my own work down the road. I will however let the folks here on this thread and the thread for the first game know if I do.

Reactions: senketsu233

jayblu

Oct 24, 2021
I really hope you do recreate succulence 1 (albeit your own twist). The slow corruption and art is quite nice. Learn from what he did in the game but not his actions on Patreon. I wish you the best, and look forward to your work.

Side personal note: I thick your model is just a bit too thic. Maybe legs smaller/thinner, body a bit longer, and breast and head just a spec larger. I'd just Honoka from Dead or Alive as a reference (or any of the doa girls).

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: MugiwaraPrince

Riggoth

Oct 29, 2017
speaking off, when are YOU gonna update? I like your game but dang hate playing through updates, cant wait for 1.0
Are you really gonna ask when? lol. Have you learned nothing from this? Also, Fazzy is pretty good at giving a date when they know they can hit that date with little issue.

• Red Heart
Reactions: fazthestampede
Jul 8, 2020
I really hope you do recreate succulence 1 (albeit your own twist). The slow corruption and art is quite nice. Learn from what he did in the game but not his actions on Patreon. I wish you the best, and look forward to your work.

Side personal note: I thick your model is just a bit too thic. Maybe legs smaller/thinner, body a bit longer, and breast and head just a spec larger. I'd just Honoka from Dead or Alive as a reference (or any of the doa girls).
It's funny you mention DOA. That last image I showed with the different outfits uses the body specs from Tina Armstrong in Dead or Alive 6.

Thank you for the support. I've seen way too many people misuse services like Patreon and online monetization in general, so there's no way I would repeat that sort of behavior. I do what I do for the love of the medium.
It'll be a long road, but I will distribute my version freely when it finally gets made. For now I'm just writing all my changes and additions in an old school spiral notebook and creating different situation-based outfits for my model.

Reactions: jayblu
3.40 star(s) 5 Votes