3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

Hypor

Nov 22, 2018
Hey he stayed through to this character to the very end, gotta respect at least. The dirty little shit bag that couldnt handle having the abandon tag for 5 mins and had to rush to do a re-release, of a re-release, of a re-release, of same intro he did back in 2018, which was a success by increasing his patreon count up by 100 buck since the last time he released nothing.

Brother Tate & Kenneth Copeland would show admiration of the pro scammer skills.

I have seen some comments on this thread suggest R.nest was a 2 person dev (where 1 disappeared) but i have been that much of a loser that i been watching succ 1 since the start.
There was never any indication that R.NEST was a 2 person team, always just the 1 dev. (please if im wrong, prove me wrong)
however i have seen a similar game like 'Way of Corruption" which went through that exact scenario (2 person team and the good one stopped working) and i believe people are just getting them mixed up since they are rpgms.

I do think there is a good chance his patreon was hijacked which would make the most sense.
R.Nest prob passed away during covid and an evil bro in law got access to his pc and all his credentials and milked his patreoons dry for the past 4 years and the most work he had to do was rerelease on of the starter versions a month ago and pretend it was the 4th remake.

Anyway, im just sad i have to find the new unbanned F95 jackass to shit on

@MugiwaraPrince
Good luck with that game attempt, Model is looking good. i have tried before and didnt have the patience.
You planning on doing RPGM or a Renpy?

Last edited:

nuqqur

May 8, 2018
I saw someone here claim that the patrons haven't been charged for over a year. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, then that invalidates almost all of the criticism I see here. If you do not get paid, then it's effectively a hobby project and no one is entitled to anything.

Also people who think somehow this F95 forum post title tag affected anything about the latest re-release are either ignorant or disingenuous. The talk about reporting this thread to get an abandoned tag picked up after the author had given a date of release for the re-broadcast version. People here got incredibly anxious racing against the clock, desperately trying to sneak in the tag before the release happened. It's pretty funny to see anyone think the status of this thread could affect anything.

I haven't been a patron of [R]Nest, but I've seen such whining on threads for games for which I am. It's always the people who haven't paid a cent trying to make it sound like patrons have somehow been deceived. They go out of their way to try to find out how much the creators could be earning, and then try to claim "umm, actually, they don't deserve that for the work they've done". Policing other people's income just because you feel underpaid at your own job is just pathetic. The only people whose opinion matters in this are the people who actually paid the money, the rest are just clowns.

SeroSwell12

Nov 29, 2017
I saw someone here claim that the patrons haven't been charged for over a year. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, then that invalidates almost all of the criticism I see here. If you do not get paid, then it's effectively a hobby project and no one is entitled to anything.

Also people who think somehow this F95 forum post title tag affected anything about the latest re-release are either ignorant or disingenuous. The talk about reporting this thread to get an abandoned tag picked up after the author had given a date of release for the re-broadcast version. People here got incredibly anxious racing against the clock, desperately trying to sneak in the tag before the release happened. It's pretty funny to see anyone think the status of this thread could affect anything.

I haven't been a patron of [R]Nest, but I've seen such whining on threads for games for which I am. It's always the people who haven't paid a cent trying to make it sound like patrons have somehow been deceived. They go out of their way to try to find out how much the creators could be earning, and then try to claim "umm, actually, they don't deserve that for the work they've done". Policing other people's income just because you feel underpaid at your own job is just pathetic. The only people whose opinion matters in this are the people who actually paid the money, the rest are just clowns.
I can relate, plus I'm always iffy of making games with a release date because of a few reasons, but the biggest four are laziness, frustration of learning how to make one (Hell, I'm having issues when I can't understand something like RPG maker/Ren'py), running out of motivation, and what would happen if I'm not able to complete the game or failed to make the due date.

As for R Nest, I feel like it's a combination of trying to improve on something that doesn't need it, losing motivation and wearing their selves thin that is causing so many problems with the game coming out, and people getting upset is not helping matters. But, they're not completely innocent as the removing their patreon without a word doesn't help the case for them.

So, instead of getting upset, I'm just going to chill on my end, if there's an update or a complete version, then I'll come back and download it, but if it never happens, then it never happens.
(Also before anyone ask, I did subscribed to the patreon a few years ago but had to stop for budget reasons....So, yeah....)

Hypor

Nov 22, 2018

I would take that one persons comment about not paying with a grain of salt. R.Nest let people join his patreon for free which probably is what happened with that person. There was a much different story been reported from much more of his actual patreons when his page was up.

Also it is 100% the abandoned tage that the reason the re-broadcast came out. People racing against the clock to get the tage up for the 18 months and 20+ fake release dates must've know for a fact that 3 days after him missing his latest fake release date was actually going to release within the next few hours, was it? :KEK: .

I gonna miss ye RNest dick riders as ye dick ride into the sunset.

Jul 8, 2020
Hey he stayed through to this character to the very end, gotta respect at least. The dirty little shit bag that couldnt handle having the abandon tag for 5 mins and had to rush to do a re-release, of a re-release, of a re-release, of same intro he did back in 2018, which was a success by increasing his patreon count up by 100 buck since the last time he released nothing.

Brother Tate & Kenneth Copeland would show admiration of the pro scammer skills.

I have seen some comments on this thread suggest R.nest was a 2 person dev (where 1 disappeared) but i have been that much of a loser that i been watching succ 1 since the start.
There was never any indication that R.NEST was a 2 person team, always just the 1 dev. (please if im wrong, prove me wrong)
however i have seen a similar game like 'Way of Corruption" which went through that exact scenario (2 person team and the good one stopped working) and i believe people are just getting them mixed up since they are rpgms.

I do think there is a good chance his patreon was hijacked which would make the most sense.
R.Nest prob passed away during covid and an evil bro in law got access to his pc and all his credentials and milked his patreoons dry for the past 4 years and the most work he had to do was rerelease on of the starter versions a month ago and pretend it was the 4th remake.

Anyway, im just sad i have to find the new unbanned F95 jackass to shit on

@MugiwaraPrince
Good luck with that game attempt, Model is looking good. i have tried before and didnt have the patience.
You planning on doing RPGM or a Renpy?
Thank you, sir. I'd be doing it in RPGM (Probably MV, as that's the latest I have) and mainly will be converting what's been done before, but altering things so it fits better into the narrative. I'll be adding a lot of school-based situations and also resculpting the entire fantasy world to make it feel like an actual world, not just a maze with a tiny town.
It's only in planning stages now, but I will start a thread when I actually have something to show and give both Succulence threads a heads up when I do. It could be 2025 by the time I actually have something solid, but I will keep you posted.

[R]nest's behavior set a fire under me and I want more content as much as anyone else.
I had been planning to do my own thing and I think redoing this may be the perfect exercise to prepare for that.

LexiTV

Jan 24, 2018
So now after abandoning his entire game he just admits that he is now just throwing random (old) scenes together and will shit out 2-3 week updates... this guy is probably the worst developer of all time.
His art is great, his writing is okay... his first game was quite good... but for the 5 or 6 years this guy walked in circles and then in the end threw away his entire work and now decides just to eye ball everything and do rush releases.
Either he had a life or death accident and his entire persona warped drastically or he needs a good base and foundation to set up another Patreon because he needs money.
I will watch this and maybe play it after a few updates... tired of playing the same shit intro without any content again and again.

MadKing.

Sep 6, 2021
Succulence1 is a good game, part of my motivation for learning English is this game.
And "Non fake" versions of part 2 gave me a lot of expectations and fun.
So in my heart,one of my favorite game authors, [R]Nest, died in 2022.
R.I.P.
Lmao

Gallos

Oct 12, 2018
His patreon page is completely gone. It's highly likely that another update is never going to come.
It was highly unlikely for a new meaningful update to come out for the past few years to be honest. Though I am saddened by the effective deletion of the patreon page, there were some images on there I would've liked to save.

Still, this does definitively mark the end of a game that could have been a quite something. If only.

LexiTV

Jan 24, 2018
I realized something insane.
The update was what... 5-6 weeks ago?

I just reread the devs comment: " Which means you can expect release of [0.2] version in two-three weeks. That one will be more of a proper release. "

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
Already late by more than double the estimated time.
What a clownshow.

Djskayoser

Oct 25, 2018
I realized something insane.
The update was what... 5-6 weeks ago?

I just reread the devs comment: " Which means you can expect release of [0.2] version in two-three weeks. That one will be more of a proper release. "

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
Already late by more than double the estimated time.
What a clownshow.
Man, he's fully dead (Not literally ofc), his patreon is now closed as author page.

Jul 8, 2020
Been thinking a little bit about [R]nest and am even more baffled at how ridiculous the situation was. I'm still gonna honor the memory of the game and still gonna credit the dude when I release my Succulence fan stuff. That being said, I wanted to give one last show before begin trying to convert the old XP Succulence to MV.
The last time I showed something it was some of the converted outfits with my finalized model. This time I've collected another batch of outfits, but with new flair. I hope you enjoy the spin I put on some of them. I thought long and hard on what I wanted to do with them.
Succ2.png
Never made sense that a t-shirt would slide up the way it did on the gym clothes, so I changed it to a runner's top. I plan to put in at least 5 different exercises for the gym class to see plenty of her. I'm also adding more athletics and clubs than the original. The bikinis were the exact same outfit before and neither had any personality, so I made them more different. When she first enters the fantasy world she's naked and ends up with a ceremonial kimono he labeled as a flowered dress. Yeah, now she gets robes and more mishaps will happen with those than you could with a kimono. The battle outfit is no longer a "Fujiko Mine" biking suit. The new one separates better for scenes of flashing and/or battle damage. As for the cheerleader outfit, [R]nest had never given the school, the town, or any locations names. I'm changing that and even giving the school a mascot, a dragon.
Succ1.png
I decided to name the school after the original game's creator. I'm not sure what I'm gonna call my version, but I had a hilarious idea. Figured I'd run it by you folks.
What do you think about "Succulence: Remasturbated?"

LexiTV

Jan 24, 2018
Been thinking a little bit about [R]nest and am even more baffled at how ridiculous the situation was. I'm still gonna honor the memory of the game and still gonna credit the dude when I release my Succulence fan stuff. That being said, I wanted to give one last show before begin trying to convert the old XP Succulence to MV.
The last time I showed something it was some of the converted outfits with my finalized model. This time I've collected another batch of outfits, but with new flair. I hope you enjoy the spin I put on some of them. I thought long and hard on what I wanted to do with them.
View attachment 3877782
Never made sense that a t-shirt would slide up the way it did on the gym clothes, so I changed it to a runner's top. I plan to put in at least 5 different exercises for the gym class to see plenty of her. I'm also adding more athletics and clubs than the original. The bikinis were the exact same outfit before and neither had any personality, so I made them more different. When she first enters the fantasy world she's naked and ends up with a ceremonial kimono he labeled as a flowered dress. Yeah, now she gets robes and more mishaps will happen with those than you could with a kimono. The battle outfit is no longer a "Fujiko Mine" biking suit. The new one separates better for scenes of flashing and/or battle damage. As for the cheerleader outfit, [R]nest had never given the school, the town, or any locations names. I'm changing that and even giving the school a mascot, a dragon.
View attachment 3877819
I decided to name the school after the original game's creator. I'm not sure what I'm gonna call my version, but I had a hilarious idea. Figured I'd run it by you folks.

I like your stuff... still not sure if it's worth putting all that effort into this project.
Why not create something by yourself?

Jul 8, 2020
I like your stuff... still not sure if it's worth putting all that effort into this project.
Why not create something by yourself?
It's a learning exercise.
I have a story that is still not ready to put out and toying with an existing game will allow me to learn what I need to do when I am ready to proceed with mine.

s1300492009

Apr 2, 2021
View attachment 3877782
View attachment 3877819
Are you remaking the game?!
If I remember correctly, Serena's model is publicly available. I saw the same model on Ehentai.
If you can find the model, it should save a lot of time, hoping it can be helpful to you.
Respect!

joedohn

Jan 7, 2020
Are you remaking the game?!
If I remember correctly, Serena's model is publicly available. I saw the same model on Ehentai.
If you can find the model, it should save a lot of time, hoping it can be helpful to you.
Respect!
According to r.nest back to 2017, they used Real Play from Illusion for Serena's model.

Im sure it has less to do with the program/model availability and more to do with the program itself. going from HS2 to Real play is like going from Photoshop to Paint, and thats not even considering trying to find mods/support for obsolete software from 2014

Reactions: MugiwaraPrince

nel-ixx

Jun 10, 2021
View attachment 3877782
View attachment 3877819
Love how it looks so far man it would be awesome if u went through with it and implemented a lot of custom stuff for her with the clothing like the original but also like giving her tan skin or picking how much hair you want her bush to have or be shaved. Still really love the look of it would love to see how you do!

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes