3.40 star(s) 5 Votes
Jul 8, 2020
The dude seriously needs to buckle down and work on these concepts one at a time instead of trying to throw a little bit of everything into the soup. The weather system is something no one really does, so it's probably the best thing this one has going for it currently. He should concentrate on nailing that down the best he can. He should bring back the time of day system he had in the first game. It's such a wasted opportunity to not allow the character to hit all the current maps during morning, afternoon, evening, and night when the first game allowed that.
That's what people expect from a sequel, the basics from the prior title with new features.
I'd do a build with the already existing maps, add individual character interactions with all standard pedestrians, put in the weather systems he already has set to go, and toss in a few basic scenarios to go with those. Then just build from there.
Right now if he has too many wandering characters on some maps. Add in that reaction system he's talking about and every 2 feet you'd get a pause in movement. Outside that mall the TV station is located in is insane.

blue_0028

Dec 21, 2022
Succulence is definitely one of my top 5 H games of all time
Really hoping the sequel will be just as good but the updates come really really slowly though
but more than that the developer trust is my biggest concern
He posts a bunch of scheduled ideas and release dates but has not actually stay true to those announcements
I now just assume to double or triple w/e announced release date is will be the actual release date
Next update is supposedly in 2-4 weeks so expect it to be released month and a half from now
Do you perhaps have any recommendations for me?
I am looking for games like Succulence 1, Valient Astrid, Fountain of Mana and Curse of pleasure
2d or 3d anything is ok for me

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Do you perhaps have any recommendations for me?
I am looking for games like Succulence 1, Valient Astrid, Fountain of Mana and Curse of pleasure
2d or 3d anything is ok for me
I see a man of culture! The games you listed are my very favorite ones. May be you would like these following ones, not exactly the same as Succulence 1 but still very well made ones: Karryn's Prison, Alien Quest - Eve, The Imperial Gatekeeper.

blue_0028

Dec 21, 2022
I see a man of culture! The games you listed are my very favorite ones. May be you would like these following ones, not exactly the same as Succulence 1 but still very well made ones: Karryn's Prison, Alien Quest - Eve, The Imperial Gatekeeper.
Sorry to say but I have already played those three as well
Ngl I have been trying to find something like Succulence or Astrid from a month but there's really no luck lol
Most of the games I come across have female mc which is 99% corrupted or it's just like the pacing of the corruption goes from 0 to 100 too fast
Fountain of Mana and Curse of Pleasure were the only two which came close to these
The ones you have mentioned are good too
I will let you know if I come across something good here sometime!
Thanks for your time

Nameless202

Mar 2, 2021

Sequel News
Hello.
I'm a bit late with the news post - caught a cold exactly on the first of September. I guess it works as a way to celebrate the arrival of autumn.
Anyway, I've recovered and here's a small preview, and some info about the state of the upcoming release.
Preview Note: I'm trying to make an image set related to picking up things for an event, so this is one variation. I'll share more on Wednesday/Friday.
Release changelog:
- 1 Prologue event added
- Optimisation of technical features almost complete(lots of junk got removed, and optimised)
- NPC dialogues complete(still working on sprites)
- Academy and surrounding areas finally available as in-game maps
- NPC approach mechanic in-progress
Things that remain on the list:
- 1 more extra prologue event
- Story changes focused on Serena(big one)
- Side job as Undercover Student
- TV investigation related to the side job
I'll see you on Wednesday or Friday with previews from new events, and more development screenshots.
Until next post.
Cheers!

u know what....

yeah whatever lol

still waiting for that 33rd of august release tho

Reactions: ilovebooba
Jul 8, 2020

Sequel News
Hello.
I'm a bit late with the news post - caught a cold exactly on the first of September. I guess it works as a way to celebrate the arrival of autumn.
Anyway, I've recovered and here's a small preview, and some info about the state of the upcoming release.
Preview Note: I'm trying to make an image set related to picking up things for an event, so this is one variation. I'll share more on Wednesday/Friday.
Release changelog:
- 1 Prologue event added
- Optimisation of technical features almost complete(lots of junk got removed, and optimised)
- NPC dialogues complete(still working on sprites)
- Academy and surrounding areas finally available as in-game maps
- NPC approach mechanic in-progress
Things that remain on the list:
- 1 more extra prologue event
- Story changes focused on Serena(big one)
- Side job as Undercover Student
- TV investigation related to the side job
I'll see you on Wednesday or Friday with previews from new events, and more development screenshots.
Until next post.
Cheers!

u know what....

yeah whatever lol

still waiting for that 33rd of august release tho
I still don't understand why he keeps starting from scratch with these version updates. Does he crash computers a lot or something?

Reactions: Notjasper

theraphosa

Sep 10, 2020
I still don't understand why he keeps starting from scratch with these version updates. Does he crash computers a lot or something?
He gets around 1000 bucks a month for absolutely nothing. Ok nothing is wrong. He makes new promises twice a month and breaks previous promises twice a month. He renders a picture once a month and starts a fake poll once a month.
All in all, 1000 dollars is not bad earnings for 10 minutes of work.
It's been like this for more than 2 years now and he would be an idiot to change it and waste his life working on the game.

Reactions: max8969

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
He gets around 1000 bucks a month for absolutely nothing. Ok nothing is wrong. He makes new promises twice a month and breaks previous promises twice a month. He renders a picture once a month and starts a fake poll once a month.
All in all, 1000 dollars is not bad earnings for 10 minutes of work.
It's been like this for more than 2 years now and he would be an idiot to change it and waste his life working on the game.
He often pauses the payment. So it is not really the case that he is milking.

The Dev has the problem that he wants to deliver a really good product. Which is not wrong. But he looks at the results, sees something which he does not like and decides to change it. Once he finished this, he sees other aspects which can be improved and works on them. And because he does not want to release anything he deems not good enough, he does not release anything but decides to work on it, etc....

He needs to get over his fear and release something. Even if it is not perfect, it should be fine.

vaansinn

Jul 5, 2020
At this point I'm only here for the drama and excuses...

I'm also fully expecting him to ditch the whole project and to start Succulence 3 which includes so many MORE unreleased features

LawViole

Mar 11, 2021
This has been my favorite game series for about 2 years now so I trust the dev and if he needs to take more time to make the game the way he wants it then thats fine

Djskayoser

Oct 25, 2018
I feel as if the author wants to do the whole game at once, no updates, just posts about this and that. If he would does the game ofc

Toxicni

Jan 21, 2018

15 Likes
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You have to love these types of sentences...
"If the pace continues, by next Monday there should be enough done to warrant a release date post."
All in all hopefully till middle of next month if optimistic?

Reactions: Tailahar

joedohn

Jan 7, 2020
TLDR;
there has been no work done, so in 2 weeks there will be a post about a release that will be delayed

Sahuleka

Sep 22, 2023
Someone tell me how to fix the broken door, every time I go to the next door neighbor it always says not available yet. By the way I played version 0.63.3

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes