3.40 star(s) 5 Votes
Feb 9, 2018
-Is overwhelmed and talks about changing the whole structure of the game or even leave it since he made no real progress and every mechanic he tries to implement is broken

*Takes a little vacation*

-So, how many of the mechanics I showed do you want working in the next update?

theraphosa

Sep 10, 2020
is there a save and is he still working on this game i liked the first one
A save is useless because there is absolutely no content. The developer stopped working on the project more than two years ago. Since then there have only been promises, excuses and a picture on Patreon once a month.

Feb 9, 2018
My bet: next week he'll set a close date for an update with the npc reactions, sidejob undercover student(that i can't even think of how it can work) and more wet levels to the clothes and 2 days after the date he'll say it doesnt work BUT that he's been secretly working on the other mechanics too and every other week the snowball will be getting bigger

hazurasu

Sep 29, 2017
So here the things
Rpgm system made a lot easier to a dev or creator to create game

All we need to do is
Had good story
Little to nothing in some coding
Youtube and forum tutorial
And CG

And if you know, most game like this had "own" character
I think they can reproduce it on koikatsu or honeyselect

If you take it further you need to know blender
But since you already had base model, all you need to do is make they pose for the game

If you too lazy to do it
And had alot of money
Normal things to do is give some the money to some people to create something for you with base model that you had

Alot of creator doing that
And alot of them giving alot of story or cg every update,

So i dont know what inside the brain of the dev now....

And for people who always "blind trust" current state... You so dumb.
I mean, do you not even realize
Alot of people who made great things in the past, ended creating something that just pure trash in the next project?
Do you remember how much case for something like this happen in past?

I mean
Come on.... On earlier succulence
I support him alot...
But for now... Its not worth anymore.... He just looks too lazy to continue it
He the one who create deadline and he also the one who didnt fulfill it....

I glad atleast a zombie life, etc in past working until the end
And more than that
Those author giving more game in future, with constant update

And you now supporting people who didn't even follow their own deadline?
Just stop supporting and make him realize that if the money stop
They will do this seriously....

Let the money talk....
And let us touch the grass.... Alot of great dev out there who had amazing idea of H game with better and larger plot that need our support....

Instead subs to someone who didnt even fulfill deadline that they themself create

And yes
Welcome agust.... 2023
No update since last year... What amazing game :)

Reactions: RazielaMonarch
Jul 8, 2020
Just giving a couple updates, via the creator's patreon posts (and no, I am not submitting money to the guy.)
His post from August 6, 2023:
"Hello.
There's been two polls about unfinished features, and so it's time to conclude them, and show a little bit of work that had been done over last week.
First of all, out of the big list of unfinished features, two got many votes:
- NPC approach mechanic
- Side Jobs for Serena(Just one for now)
So I'll spend my efforts this month to get those two working.
The NPC approach requires a bunch of work, and there might be an extra poll regarding its functionality.
The Side Job for Serena has been chosen separately, and it's "Undercover Student".
I should've made a preview up top about that, but I was too excited about my little breakthrough with rain and transparent clothes.
Now, about new additions:
- There's a new building near Serena's apartment block, opposite of the parking lot
- It will be used for another side job in the future, but there will be a small TV event there
- The way clothes get wet has been reworked. Previously, there were only two modes for clothes: Fully dry, or fully drenched. It felt a little weird, especially because the effect was the same during the rain and when Serena was putting on her shirt right after the shower.
Well, no more.
Now clothes get wet dynamically. The longer you stand in the rain, the more it shows on Serena's shirt(there was a prologue event like that, but that was a scrypted cutscene - now it's a "game-wide" effect).
Putting on a shirt after a bath will not fully soak it in water.
And most importantly - it will gradually dry off, instead of going from "cling to your skin wet" to bone-dry.
This feature will allow me to simulate "sweaty shirt effect" during beach TV episodes.
Also, more outfits are succeptible to rain effects as a bonus.
And I've added a few hot-spots on the maps that can cause some moist accidents. So you better be sure this addition will be utilized to the fullest.
That's it for this post, more development news will be posted next week.
Cheers.
P.S. It would also be great if NPC reactions were different depending on how stained Serena's outfit is. I'll get on that tomorrow."

At the end of that post he says tomorrow, as if to infer he'd post again the next day. He did post on the 11th though. Here's that post (I'll attach the images also.)
"Hello.

It has been a kind of boring development week.
I've been editing in-game maps pretty much all the time since Monday.
A bunch of maps got updated to adjust their layout, or got more points of interst added. All the changes will be utilized by events in the future.

I didn't want to make a post only about the changes, because there's no good way to show them off(in-editor screenshots look whacky), so I've made this preview instead.
It's an artistic representation of Serena's double life(which will be explored a lot in the upcoming release).

Here's one in-editor sample of changed Bareback blvd. (See attachments)

The inn, Desire Shop and the Pub/Motel all got changed, abandoned shop got removed, and there's another narrow back alley between the pub and Desire shop.

Full list of maps that got changed is pretty big(no screenshots):
- Park and park toilets(sneaking around the bushes reworked too)
- Pub insides got changed - strip stage was a separate room, now it's part of the pub
- Serena's apartment now has a closet
- Serena's apartment block now has a basement
- Supermarket and Playground toilets expanded slightly
- LusTV studio now has windows
- Elite Mansion is more interesting

I'll make a proper sequel news post will once I move on to more meaty development stuff.

Until next post.
Cheers!"

I thought her apartment already had a closet, but I guess that's so very essential. :KEK:
The one attachment is the progress image he showed, the other is the artwork he posted at the end.

hazurasu

Sep 29, 2017
Can you recommend me some game which is like Succulence 1 too?
I have played some like Sangeki of Gear or Valient astrid and Fountain of Mana
but if there's more then please inform :)
for the feels and gameplay succulence is always be a good game in our memory
but the game that had closer feels i think
damon
*the whole game is inside the house, but the content is alot, normal run i play more than 1 week and haven't done yet.....
now when i done playing it, its amazing game for sure
YES some dialog maybe little bit too grindy
but for a whole and mention how much the CG
the game is great

don't forget to support the dev

Jul 8, 2020
He went and made this update a couple days ago, August 19.
"Hello,

Took me some extra time to make this post, but it was worth it,

Because:
- I made Serena's skirt flutter from the wind when she's outside
It's not finalized yet: I'm debating whether to make a new weather mode called "Windy" that will trigger the effect, or to make some windy spots on the map
P.S. The tie flutter is only for the preview, in the game it will be stiff, at least for now

Other notable developments:
- Serena's Casual Top can be equipped over the bra.
Also, the top will not become disheveled when it's equipped with a bra, only without it.
- I made a system that detects how lewd Serena's outfit is.
Before it was a simple check of "is the outfit lewd, yes or no". Now the system checks if there's a cleavage, if the skirt is too revealing, etc. And this info will be used in events and NPC reactions.
- NPC dialogue database is being written. I'm also experimenting with Filler NPC sprites, will post a few examples later.

But the main reason for this post is the List of Things Needed To Be Done Before Release.

I spent some time thinking and experimenting with what is currently working within the game, and here it is:
- New events added to the prologue: Before and after Welcoming party
- Story changes: The first main quest of the game used to be about Ms. Stone's mark and the dream world, now it will be focused on Serena and her powers.
Ms. Stone's quest will still be there in the background.
- Relationship with heroines will be scaled down until Serena's personal storyline is progressed.
- NPC approach mechanic and Side Job as an Undercover Student, as was decided by the poll
- TV investagation storyline related to the Side Job
- NPC dialogues and sprites
- Optimisation of technical features(or removal of junk that doesn't work, but is in the game anyway, to put it simply)

Overall I would say it will take between 2-4 weeks from now, or whenever this list is complete.
I'll post more updates next week.
Cheers."

I must say that I do like that he's adding to his weather system, but I think the "Undercover Student" thing is kind of dumb. It's at least dumb to add something like that in so early. The theme of this one is a TV station. Has he ever seen tv before? There are so many things he could've done before trying to dip his toes back into school related stuff. He barely has any variety in his weather report scenario yet. I attached an image of his "windy" weather report.

I also didn't change any of his ridiculous spelling errors. Just saying, we are on the internet and even typing here I get a little red squiggle under a word if it doesn't seem correct.

jayblu

Oct 24, 2021
Succulence is definitely one of my top 5 H games of all time
Really hoping the sequel will be just as good but the updates come really really slowly though
but more than that the developer trust is my biggest concern
He posts a bunch of scheduled ideas and release dates but has not actually stay true to those announcements
I now just assume to double or triple w/e announced release date is will be the actual release date
Next update is supposedly in 2-4 weeks so expect it to be released month and a half from now

jayblu

Oct 24, 2021
I do like the News weather system
Hope he adds Heatwave or Icy as potential weather conditions
Heatwave could make her sweaty and fan her clothes or potentially allow dressing with less clothing
Icy and be her slipping and exposing her panties

Feb 9, 2018
I do like the News weather system
Hope he adds Heatwave or Icy as potential weather conditions
Heatwave could make her sweaty and fan her clothes or potentially allow dressing with less clothing
Icy and be her slipping and exposing her panties
That actually sounds really nice for this game but i doubt it happens any time soon since it looks like he's trying to figure out what the main story will be (again) it could be just a main questline for serena blocked by advances in other girls quests that are unlocked by earlier moments in that questline or a whole rework of the quests

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes