3.40 star(s) 5 Votes
Jul 8, 2020
Someone tell me how to fix the broken door, every time I go to the next door neighbor it always says not available yet. By the way I played version 0.63.3
You can not fix the broken door. It is yet another in the long line of things he stuck in the game that looks like he'll add something to it, but then scrap the entire game and go back to square one again. In version 0.5.5, or whatever number it was, he teased some kind of team up feature with some NPCs and then in the next version that was gone like it was never there. There might not even be a door in his next release and from the sound of it the entire apartment may be completely different.

Reactions: Kylie Bloodmoon

Nameless202

Mar 2, 2021
Yeah, something like that. I'm just looking at the new posts and what he writes there, I'm not waiting for the new version anymore, it's been dragging on too long to believe..

nahh its fine man

i mean ive been waiting from before the covid LOL

soo yeah

dragging..?? hell nah

permanent pospone..?? now this the shit

Jul 23, 2018
bet its gonna be 33rd of october before he release the newest one
Its been almost a whole year sense he released his last update. He does pause the patreon payments each month which is nice at least. But he has a major mental health problem in my opinion and needs to get help for that. He cant be happy with what he does, nor can he pick a foundation and stick to it. He psyches himself out by telling himself what he is doing isn't good enough and scraps it every time he is close to a release date. If he was a construction worker building houses, his houses would never get done because he would get the foundation put in, get the walls set up, and then go "well should I get the roof on the house to finish its foundation or should I start with decorating the inside to give it personality. And he starts decorating the inside while the roof isn't finished, and then decides "i'm so overwhelmed and haven't even finished the entire foundation, actually, i don't like this, the foundation isn't working with the decorations, time to knock it all down and start over" I mean, it'll never get done. The first game was a masterpiece. This game is a catastrophe of his own making. I hope he gets it figured out soon, I mean he took what was supposed to be a 3 month hiatus to get his head on straight, but came back a month early without telling anyone. So we shall see.

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
Its been almost a whole year sense he released his last update. He does pause the patreon payments each month which is nice at least. But he has a major mental health problem in my opinion and needs to get help for that. He cant be happy with what he does, nor can he pick a foundation and stick to it. He psyches himself out by telling himself what he is doing isn't good enough and scraps it every time he is close to a release date. If he was a construction worker building houses, his houses would never get done because he would get the foundation put in, get the walls set up, and then go "well should I get the roof on the house to finish its foundation or should I start with decorating the inside to give it personality. And he starts decorating the inside while the roof isn't finished, and then decides "i'm so overwhelmed and haven't even finished the entire foundation, actually, i don't like this, the foundation isn't working with the decorations, time to knock it all down and start over" I mean, it'll never get done. The first game was a masterpiece. This game is a catastrophe of his own making. I hope he gets it figured out soon, I mean he took what was supposed to be a 3 month hiatus to get his head on straight, but came back a month early without telling anyone. So we shall see.
^ this.

The Dev is clearly not milking or anything, they finished a game and they are also pausing the Patreon. But they really need to get over themselves for their fear of releasing something which is not perfect. Because everytime they decide to change something, it just gets worse and you can spend endless time to "Improve" your game, but if you are never happy with it, it will never stop.

The Dev should just release a version and even IF stuff is unfinished or people think that some things can be improved, this is totally fine. There are many games out there which release stuff unfinished or polish it afterwards.

The Dev really needs to get it done at some point and then build up on what was released.

Jul 23, 2018
^ this.

The Dev is clearly not milking or anything, they finished a game and they are also pausing the Patreon. But they really need to get over themselves for their fear of releasing something which is not perfect. Because everytime they decide to change something, it just gets worse and you can spend endless time to "Improve" your game, but if you are never happy with it, it will never stop.

The Dev should just release a version and even IF stuff is unfinished or people think that some things can be improved, this is totally fine. There are many games out there which release stuff unfinished or polish it afterwards.

The Dev really needs to get it done at some point and then build up on what was released.
Exactly my thought process. The funny thing is he owned up to that like 6 month ago or so, hell may have even been at the beginning of the year and he said from that moment on he would just release it regardless of his impressions but then went right back to doing what he was before which is why we are here now.

Reactions: Kaori Emi

BasedShigeru

Jun 12, 2020
Tbh I think it's somewhat respectable that he's at least trying. It gives me the impression that he actually cares about making a game that's actually enjoyable instead of just being here to take people's money and run. Guy's probably scared of falling in the pitfalls of either becoming a glorified CG gallery or one of those devs that just start and drop projects, endlessly fleecing his supporters without putting in any real effort.

Not that I'm in any position to complain though. I'm just a guy on a piracy forum, got no right to act entitled when I'm not paying for anything.

Jul 23, 2018
Tbh I think it's somewhat respectable that he's at least trying. It gives me the impression that he actually cares about making a game that's actually enjoyable instead of just being here to take people's money and run. Guy's probably scared of falling in the pitfalls of either becoming a glorified CG gallery or one of those devs that just start and drop projects, endlessly fleecing his supporters without putting in any real effort.

Not that I'm in any position to complain though. I'm just a guy on a piracy forum, got no right to act entitled when I'm not paying for anything.
As one of his patrons, I guess I do have that right then. Regardless, if you read my post the problem is he isnt putting out anything because he keeps scrapping any and all progress he makes right before he hits his release time frame. Its been a year at the end of this month I believe sense the last update. If he was actually just improving his stuff then people would be okay with slight delays but constantly scrapping everything and starting over consistently for a year with nothing to show is the issue. Either put something out there to show you are in fact doing something and you have the foundation figured out, or just scrap the whole project and call it a day. Maybe even sell the project to someone else.

Reactions: Zygard13

joedohn

Jan 7, 2020
Either put something out there to show you are in fact doing something and you have the foundation figured out, or just scrap the whole project and call it a day.
^ this was the reason i stopped supporting, dev CLAIMED that there was tons of work done/being done, but none of it was ever shown. We had months of "remaking the images" that eventually got stuck at 90 something % complete, then we had a tantrum about things not working and a release that showed SOME of the image remake, but was mostly incomplete or broken, and only included the first 2ish outfits fully. I really wanted to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, but after several votes on "release as is" and it always ended up being either a gutted version or a tech demo, it was hard to believe that there was any progress actually happening that warranted the year+ of delays.

Reactions: Kylie Bloodmoon
Jul 23, 2018
^ this was the reason i stopped supporting, dev CLAIMED that there was tons of work done/being done, but none of it was ever shown. We had months of "remaking the images" that eventually got stuck at 90 something % complete, then we had a tantrum about things not working and a release that showed SOME of the image remake, but was mostly incomplete or broken, and only included the first 2ish outfits fully. I really wanted to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, but after several votes on "release as is" and it always ended up being either a gutted version or a tech demo, it was hard to believe that there was any progress actually happening that warranted the year+ of delays.
Its really sad honestly. I'd very much prefer he just sell the rights to another content creator who will do the game justice and actually get stuff done.

Kuromorimine

Oct 27, 2019
So, what do we have up to the date from his last patreon post:

Hello,

It's been a busy week, although this post will be short, with only 2 announcements.

NPC approach has finally been done.

Release dates for Succulence 2 will be posted next week.

Short list of features of NPC approach mechanic includes:
- Ability to sneak up on NPC's
- NPC's following Serena
- Cutscene trigger by bumping into NPC's, or NPC's getting too close to Serena

More details will be posted on Wednesday(release dates might also happen on Wednesday, but most likely later on, on Friday or Sunday).

Until next post.
Cheers.

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes