3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

theraphosa

Sep 10, 2020
The same procedure as last week, miss sophie?
The same procedure as every week james!
Really since 2 years,every week the same. 10min. for the promise/excuse post and delay. 10min. for a fake poll. Every two weeks 10min. for a picture. And the rest of the week for blackjack and hookers sponsored by the dumbest patrons of all time.

Fatneck

Aug 19, 2020
Well it looks like he is honest this time. A burn out does not resolve itself within three weeks. He needs to let go but does not realize it. He should disapoint us all for now, put the game on hold and make sure he gets back on track. This could take a while. You can not put dates on that. He still does. i hope he will be allright. I am sure he has no ill intend. I am also quit sure he does not see what is happening to him as he still thinks he is in control. I wish for him to learn to let go just to see that this wil put him eventually back in control.

Reactions: Majus and Mizu148

joedohn

Jan 7, 2020
Well it looks like he is honest this time. A burn out does not resolve itself within three weeks. He needs to let go but does not realize it. He should disapoint us all for now, put the game on hold and make sure he gets back on track. This could take a while. You can not put dates on that. He still does. i hope he will be allright. I am sure he has no ill intend. I am also quit sure he does not see what is happening to him as he still thinks he is in control. I wish for him to learn to let go just to see that this wil put him eventually back in control.

I have a bridge you may be interested in purchasing

• Haha
Reactions: theraphosa

Hypor

Nov 22, 2018
rnest.jpg

Have to hand it to him, he played that perfectly. Set an expectation to make a shitty episode thing no one wanted. Misses the deadline again, but this time lets people vote for the longer option, so the patreons will accept him extending his 3 year long vacation even further all by themselves. Not only that he gets to throw a pitty party since a few people called him out and can point the finger at them.
Man is playing 5d chess.

I tell you what though, his patreons was almost under 1100 after missing last deadline and its back up to 1200 now.

The only time his patreons properly dropped was after he fully released succlence#1 (was at $1000), and then after the 2nd release of succulence#2 it dropped to $800, mostly due to the bugs. Since that 2nd release 3 years ago, he literally has only removed content and his patreons only just kept on supporting him from that 800 up to the 1200 its on today.
Honestly seems smart to just string all the suckers (specially if they increase in numbers) along, encase he releases something people arint happy with.

See ye all till the next time of spin the wheel of excuses.
1688586033079.png

Jul 8, 2020
I think i do not get the joke. Sorry dude.
Since dude flaked out on his supporters again and all we have is time to kill, I shall explain the joke.
Conmen used to print and sell fake deeds to national monuments and bridges. That's the joke. He's calling the maker of the game a conman. I'll admit that it has been a long time since I heard the "bridge" comparison.

Fatneck

Aug 19, 2020
Since dude flaked out on his supporters again and all we have is time to kill, I shall explain the joke.
Conmen used to print and sell fake deeds to national monuments and bridges. That's the joke. He's calling the maker of the game a conman. I'll admit that it has been a long time since I heard the "bridge" comparison.
Well that explains. I am not aware of the fake deeds. probably another country. But curious. i am not a patron. But as far as i know, he pauzes contribution when he does not deliver. So i am not saying he does very well promising and stalling. Still i do not believe he is conning anyone. And i do believe we wil have to wait probably a year or two for an update. If there will be an update. Chances are Succulence 1 was his game. And this one got the best of him and we lost him. Time will tell.

Reactions: MugiwaraPrince

Kuromorimine

Oct 27, 2019
Another delay and another shitty excuse? What a surprise. Why even bother making a game when you can just repeatedly make delay after delay because of the *shittyreasonname* and milk every last drop of money from your patrons? Is the game even in development? I guess no, not even a bit. But the situation won't ever change until there are dumbasses to support this fucker with their money. This author's "work" doesn't cost a single buck.

joedohn

Jan 7, 2020
"I have a bridge to sell you" an idomatic expression in the US used to describe someone as gullible. It was directed at Fatneck's comment of "atleast hes honest this time", because there hasnt been anything honest to come out of that patreon for over a year. Its literally just been him telling us about all the work thats been done, but then the release comes and none of the "finished" content that we were told about had made it into the release.

I was a patron, so i know he pauses pledges more often than not. I found Succulence 1 on this site and wanted to pay the person who made it for their work, and it took well over a year to pay what i thought was a reasonable amount due to the payment pauses. I probably would have stayed a supporter if i felt there was any reasonable amount of content being produced, but there hasnt been for the last 2 updates, and im not big on paying to be lied to.

Jul 8, 2020
Well that explains. I am not aware of the fake deeds. probably another country. But curious. i am not a patron. But as far as i know, he pauzes contribution when he does not deliver. So i am not saying he does very well promising and stalling. Still i do not believe he is conning anyone. And i do believe we wil have to wait probably a year or two for an update. If there will be an update. Chances are Succulence 1 was his game. And this one got the best of him and we lost him. Time will tell.
It's entirely possible that since Succulence 1 used an older version of RPG Maker that he might be having problems with the current version he's working with. Maybe he's closing out his project to create the game without saving the project first, or something along those lines.
"I have a bridge to sell you" an idomatic expression in the US used to describe someone as gullible. It was directed at Fatneck's comment of "atleast hes honest this time", because there hasnt been anything honest to come out of that patreon for over a year. Its literally just been him telling us about all the work thats been done, but then the release comes and none of the "finished" content that we were told about had made it into the release.

I was a patron, so i know he pauses pledges more often than not. I found Succulence 1 on this site and wanted to pay the person who made it for their work, and it took well over a year to pay what i thought was a reasonable amount due to the payment pauses. I probably would have stayed a supporter if i felt there was any reasonable amount of content being produced, but there hasnt been for the last 2 updates, and im not big on paying to be lied to.
I can relate to the Patreon thing. I've also felt the need to throw some money someone's way if they've provided a product I enjoy. I've done it myself by making one time donations and that kind of thing.

I think the problem he has is that he keeps laying out release dates and promises attached to deadlines. He should just create an outline of what he wants to do instead of just throwing it into the game. That's like sitting down at a typewriter to write a book without any ideas for characters or plot. I don't think patrons would mind if he used his posts to lay out scenarios and share some of his ideas for possible features. Even putting it out in episodes like he's talking about now will have the same problems unless he starts outlining what he wants to do.

hazurasu

Sep 29, 2017
atleast now i had "karryn prison" from steam with some active update + new DLC

there's no point supporting this succulence....

Imagine
we already on 7th and ALREADY had half year passed without single game version go to the patreon....
atleast there's alot of "WORTH" author out there you can support....

just remember... if we buy or support something
the money "WILL TALK" that their job is good... so continue it....

that's why... supporting this kind of author isn't good... since they will "REPEAT" the same things over and over since they had your money....

BUT if you didn't support it... they will think.... why no one supporting him... and in the end... they hopefully get back in track... doing NORMAL TASK and updating the game the way it's should be

Reactions: Spicyporkcutlet

Toxicni

Jan 21, 2018
It's simple, should have posted whatever he could and then go on hiatus *ahem* break for burnout, like this u cant really even rest with an axe above your head that you are late, instead of releasing at least a mini something and then taking time off, especially since his release was this close(few days of release).. or was it? .. Eh it is what it is. The time buying is same every release tho
1) release is in a week
2) after 2 weeks i shall release it on friday
3) its friday - on monday i shall release times for actual release
4) *tuesday* times that are 4 5 days down the road are released...

• Haha
Reactions: F99xyz

mlkey

Oct 4, 2018
atleast now i had "karryn prison" from steam with some active update + new DLC

there's no point supporting this succulence....

Imagine
we already on 7th and ALREADY had half year passed without single game version go to the patreon....
atleast there's alot of "WORTH" author out there you can support....

just remember... if we buy or support something
the money "WILL TALK" that their job is good... so continue it....

that's why... supporting this kind of author isn't good... since they will "REPEAT" the same things over and over since they had your money....

BUT if you didn't support it... they will think.... why no one supporting him... and in the end... they hopefully get back in track... doing NORMAL TASK and updating the game the way it's should be
We need better exhibition ho games tho. This dev is a ... well you know

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
We need better exhibition ho games tho. This dev is a ... well you know
Yeah, games with similar Exhibition-Content like Succulence or Project Sage would be great.

When it comes to the Dev of Succulence, he at least finished a game. And he clearly has some mental issues, he is not trying to milk his Patrons (he is also pausing the payment most of the time). But he seems to be stuck in a Loop of finding new things to improve, improving them, being insecure about releasing, postponing and repeat.

IMO he should really take a break for like 1 or 2 months where he does not work at the game at all instead of what he is doing currently.

Reactions: Karrateir
3.40 star(s) 5 Votes