3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

Hypor

Nov 22, 2018
Here's his changelog and as predicated, a delay excuse
TLDR: Hes working on so many unfinished & buggy side-quests/mechanics that he is delaying full game release until August/September - BUT, will make some shitty episode (similar to holiday special) thing with 1 main quest and mashing a small few events together with a limited wardrobe for this Friday/Saturday :rolleyes:

"
So I went offline for a week, didn't answer e-mails, ignored my phone and spent all my time working.
And... It's still not enough.
And it also can't go on like this. So I'm chaning the development format(more below)
Here's fully uncovered list of things that I've been developing in secret(I showed bits of them here and there, but the scale of it was hidden), since the start of this year:
- Ability of NPC's to bump into Serena and cause events
- NPC's ability to recognize Serena as she gets famous
- Extra NPC fans that seek out Serena as she gets famous
- Hidden camera events that film Serena
- Live TV reports with the cameraman as Serena's follower
- Serena's demonic abilities gaining public attention, with branching events and bad ends
- New character introduced to the heroine roster
- Possibility of becoming homeless after failing to pay rent(with a mechanic to gain enough gold to get back into your apartment)
- Losing TV job and having to work your way up again
- Side jobs as waitress, dancer, etc. as backup ways to make money
- Also ability to get these jobs even when Serena isn't fired, as part of undercover missions
- NPC's behaviour changing when Serena's stats/level and titles reach a threshold
- Ability to travel the world through train, bus or motorbyke
- Two separate ways to do combat, for Dream World and real world
- Clothes damage and half-dressed states for almost all Serena's outfits
- Ability to fully transform into a succubus during night
I was going to do all of these, and turn Succulence 2 into a massive sandbox. And then instead of releasing Succulence 2: 0.65 it would instead be called Succulence 2: 0.69, because the scale of this update is that big(and nice).
That didn't happen.
It takes a long long time to sync all these new things together so that they work and compliment each other.
So this is what I've been up to all this time - preparing a big surprize update that slowly sunk under its own weight.
<The Format Change>
Because development was not linear, I've made a lot of quests and events, with images, that were supposed to go along with all those features.
I can't release the update without finalizing all the features first, BUT, I can release the events as a standalone game titled Succulence 2 Stories: Episode 1 or something like that.
That way I can treat you to actual releases, and continue to struggle with a giant mess of code and features in the background.
So that's what we'll do for June and July, and we'll see, maybe by the end of August/September I'll be done with the "main" game, and we'll partake in giant bug-sandbox-festival.
Succulence 2 Stories: Episode 1 will be similar to standalone Holiday Special - a big story with investigation involving one of Serena's neighbours, branching paths and some side-events.
It will not feature all the complicated features or level ups, and will have somewhat limited wardrobe options.
Then it will eventually be expanded and absorbed by the main game.
Since this idea came to me a little too late, I need a few days to put the first episode together.
All events are ready to go, only need to repackage them into a standalone game, so won't take longer than Friday/Saturday.
That's it for this post - sorry for all the troubles and general disappointment with how Succulence 2: 0.65 turned out.
Trust me: no one is as disappointed as I am. I hate hate hate HATE that it's taking so long.
In the alternate universe the game as a whole would be nearly complete by this point....
Well, enough words from me, I'll be going back to work.
Might go offline again until Episode 1 is out - it helps my productivity, surprizingly.
Until next post."

truesatan

Jan 8, 2017
well good thing I canceled patreon some time ago.
To bad, but now I have serious doubts that he will ever finish anything in the
sequel at all. Maybe he should drop the whole game and star something new.
I for myself will not follow here anymore.
Maybe I will download a new version if it pops up in latest update.
To bad to see this outcome of the game. 1 was one of a kind.
Don't bash the dev and artist to much, every artist has ups and downs.
Maybe 2030 we will see something new and brilliant from him.
Cheers

Jfitz002

Sep 20, 2020
Some of the stuff he was working on seems interesting but i cannot understand why it was a secret or why it all had to be one update. Dude needs to get out of his own head :cautious:

Lanaya322

Jul 3, 2019
Ok at this point it's pretty funny how he always comes up with some secret feature he's been developing when explaining the delays, and this time he's got a bunch of them even lol. Somebody should make a meme about it! Wouldn't be surprised if he just copy-pasted his to do list.

Reactions: campfap

campfap

Jul 31, 2017
This is getting more and more ridiculous and his excuses are somewhere between hilarious and just plain sad. Also calling it now, his list of secret features will turn into a list of excuses he will use for atleast another year. "Implementing Npc's reacting to your stats will make the game incompatible with old saves so he cant release it" - kinda stuff.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2020
How the hell is this the same dude who made the first one?
The development for this game looked promising early on and then he seems to have transformed into a damn child who is so unsatisfied with his own artwork that he balls up the drawing and tosses it away instead of just adding what he wants into the image. What the actual hell?
A narrative starts to form, story starts to weave... Nah. I think I'll restart.
This game is slowly becoming the Wheel of Fortune where the creator just keeps adding more "bankrupt" spaces instead of new puzzles or prizes.
This is a total damn shame. I won't say the first one or this one is one of the greatest, but there is so much potential.

Reactions: farfan_parkour
Dec 12, 2017
Man, at least more people is complaining in his patreon, I hope that makes him see that he just needs to release something. There was a demo with a decent amount of story and gameplay and was good, now we only have excuses and Serana locked up in her apartment... what a shame

GallowMorok

Jan 8, 2018
I've haven't really kept track of the development for this game, is it a one man show? The promises seem way overambitious if it is.

hazurasu

Sep 29, 2017
well good thing I canceled patreon some time ago.
To bad, but now I have serious doubts that he will ever finish anything in the
sequel at all. Maybe he should drop the whole game and star something new.
I for myself will not follow here anymore.
Maybe I will download a new version if it pops up in latest update.
To bad to see this outcome of the game. 1 was one of a kind.
Don't bash the dev and artist to much, every artist has ups and downs.
Maybe 2030 we will see something new and brilliant from him.
Cheers
if i remember the last game (succulence 1) is a great game......
i play it for almost 1 week+ and not yet reach the ending

but look
the new version.... Succulence 2
Lets forget about 2022.... we only count 2023.... and no single update since....
that's why i just drop the patreon... and wait the lastest release (maybe i will renew the patreon) but that's after i see them comeback to their original plan....

Imagine
6 month (1/2 year) no single update if you forget the 2022

joedohn

Jan 7, 2020
"Since this idea came to me a little too late, I need a few days to put the first episode together.
All events are ready to go, only need to repackage them into a standalone game, so won't take longer than Friday/Saturday."

as expected, dev said in his delay post that it would definetly not take longer than Fri/Sat to get the release together, but instead of a release today, you get a "release date post"

Re-submerging from my offline-mode to post release dates for standalone events of Succulence 2.
Re-packaging them into a separate game is taking slightly longer than expected, but it will have some unique CG's that will help to smooth out the story.
Release Dates:
July 4(Tuesday): Tier 3 & 4
July 6: Tier 2
July 9: Tier 1(public)

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018
of course, everything is ready to be put into the game, but since he just decided to release the great sandbox he has in his head into small games that a problem now, not sure whats his problem with actual small updates adding mechanics and content instead of constant reworks

Reactions: MugiwaraPrince
Jul 8, 2020
of course, everything is ready to be put into the game, but since he just decided to release the great sandbox he has in his head into small games that a problem now, not sure whats his problem with actual small updates adding mechanics and content instead of constant reworks
The way he's doing it is so freakin' odd to me.
I don't know why the dude doesn't add to his game instead of redo the whole damn thing every time he wants to do an update.
I had been following a Japanese creator who did his game the way this should have. Country Bumpkin Yutaka released last year (original Japanese version) and the creator had no intention to do anything else with it after release, but once he saw our reaction to the game he got inspired. He's added all kinds of new game features, playstyles, and those kinds of things. Every update just slid right into the original game.
Hell, even though it's a controversial subject on this site you could bring up Rannero's Curse of Pleasure and how he updates. Although it takes a damn lifetime for him to drop an update he runs his shit to a point and then when that update comes he just adds to the existing game.
RPG Maker games aren't a chunk of marble you're making into a statue. If you screw up then you don't have to completely start from zero. That's dumb as shit.

Toxicni

Jan 21, 2018
Soo should the release have already happened today, or is he chipping in on some weird timezone aswell?

hazurasu

Sep 29, 2017
lets see does the author really update it today or not....
if yes maybe we can comebacc supporting this game
but if not

welp....
no.

joedohn

Jan 7, 2020
what a twat

its hard to believe that he was "offline" to begin with, but then once he comes back after wasting 10 days working on a project that he didnt even bother to ask if patrons wanted, he uses the comments as an excuse to once again not release anything. AND take another 3 week "break".

Oh, and the release dates and people complaining about them are the problem, not him never meeting his own deadlines and constantly getting sick/injured miraculously right before release

Toxicni

Jan 21, 2018
See ya all in 3 weeks for another demo of opening doors or something :ROFLMAO:

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes