• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

gdrocker

Nov 17, 2018
Fun little glitch you can perform, if a bit useless for the most part: Fawn's base form has a double-jump ability, but it's not high enough to clear some of the cliff faces in the game. If you tap the 'jump' and 'attack' buttons almost simultaneously (as in, jump a frame before you press the attack button), you lose a bit of height on the initial jump, but you can cause Fawn to jump multiple times in the air instead of just her normal double-jump. The same thing can be done with her Thief form, which has a higher base jump, though the timing is far tighter.

So far, my record is six jumps in Fawn's base form, which is enough to help you jump over the entrance of the Thieves' Den; and five jumps with the Thief form, which is enough to help you escape the room before Grant the Paladin's mini-boss fight by going up the way you came if you cling to the wall immediately afterwards.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

HypnoChanger

Game Developer
Feb 12, 2018
since they feed on sexual energy .......she will probably die soon
Yeah, her need to find a good source of sexual energy is accounted for in the plot, and is the reason for her getting access to sex scenes with the waitress at the hero's guild.

Fun little glitch you can perform, if a bit useless for the most part: Fawn's base form has a double-jump ability, but it's not high enough to clear some of the cliff faces in the game. If you tap the 'jump' and 'attack' buttons almost simultaneously (as in, jump a frame before you press the attack button), you lose a bit of height on the initial jump, but you can cause Fawn to jump multiple times in the air instead of just her normal double-jump. The same thing can be done with her Thief form, which has a higher base jump, though the timing is far tighter.

So far, my record is six jumps in Fawn's base form, which is enough to help you jump over the entrance of the Thieves' Den; and five jumps with the Thief form, which is enough to help you escape the room before Grant the Paladin's mini-boss fight by going up the way you came if you cling to the wall immediately afterwards.
I have literally no idea why that happens. Nothing in the code for attacking interacts with the double jump counter, so I have no idea if I will be able to fix that bug or not. Apparnetly it can also be done with the thief's dagger throw from what I've heard.

Aug 22, 2018
I think what might be happening is the attack "interrupts" the part where the jump-counter would be increased if you time it just right. I wonder if it happens with other abilities if you activate them just in time.

gdrocker

Nov 17, 2018
I have literally no idea why that happens. Nothing in the code for attacking interacts with the double jump counter, so I have no idea if I will be able to fix that bug or not. Apparnetly it can also be done with the thief's dagger throw from what I've heard.
Yeah, I mentioned the Thief form in my post as well, but didn't bother demonstrating it then because it's a lot more finicky. Getting two or three jumps consistently is easy; four is harder, but still likely doable by the average player with good timing; and five is next to impossible, but allows you to reach places even Fawn can't in her base form. Like I said before, the "dead end" room before the Grant fight is the most notable application of this, at least in this version of the game. For all other intents and purposes, the trick is useless, only good for getting the player to places they normally shouldn't go.
I think what happens is that the game doesn't immediately take you out of a "grounded" state when jumping; that is to say, it still thinks you're stationary on the ground when you press the Attack button a frame or two after jumping, so while it plays the jumping attack animation, the game still has you flagged as "grounded", which enables the Thief form (which doesn't have a double-jump normally) to jump in the air again over and over. I can only assume that this is true as well for Fawn's base form.

And oddly enough, they're not the only ones with a slightly buggy jump. Fawn's Paladin form also has a bit of jump-tech as well, though this isn't really useful for height (since her aerial attack is a downward stab) so much as distance without having to change forms.
Long story short, if you tap Jump with the Paladin, you get a short hop after a small bit of delay instead of a full-height jump. For some reason, as long as you're moving during this short hop, the game believes the Paladin to still be grounded during this time, even when you've been airborne for a solid second, which allows you to jump a second time with nearly the same height as a normal jump but with substantially increased distance.

"How is this useful?" you might ask. Well, since the game treats you as still on the ground, you could do a short hop off a ledge and still manage to pull off the Paladin's spin attack, allowing you to hit enemies that are slightly airborne like the cave bats in certain areas. In short, it basically gives you a much wider aerial attack.

HypnoChanger

Game Developer
Feb 12, 2018
There is a grounded variable, but it is updated independently from the jumping and attacking behaviors; it checks if the bottom of the character is touching a ground tile every frame. It does give slight leniency for an extremely brief "coyote time" but it shouldn't be affected by the pattern of hitting jump and attack repeatedly. I will keep tinkering with it though to figure out the cause.

Reactions: Vodka10K

candy76041820

Jun 1, 2019
Yeah, I mentioned the Thief form in my post as well, but didn't bother demonstrating it then because it's a lot more finicky. Getting two or three jumps consistently is easy; four is harder, but still likely doable by the average player with good timing; and five is next to impossible, but allows you to reach places even Fawn can't in her base form. Like I said before, the "dead end" room before the Grant fight is the most notable application of this, at least in this version of the game. For all other intents and purposes, the trick is useless, only good for getting the player to places they normally shouldn't go.
I think what happens is that the game doesn't immediately take you out of a "grounded" state when jumping; that is to say, it still thinks you're stationary on the ground when you press the Attack button a frame or two after jumping, so while it plays the jumping attack animation, the game still has you flagged as "grounded", which enables the Thief form (which doesn't have a double-jump normally) to jump in the air again over and over. I can only assume that this is true as well for Fawn's base form.

And oddly enough, they're not the only ones with a slightly buggy jump. Fawn's Paladin form also has a bit of jump-tech as well, though this isn't really useful for height (since her aerial attack is a downward stab) so much as distance without having to change forms.
Long story short, if you tap Jump with the Paladin, you get a short hop after a small bit of delay instead of a full-height jump. For some reason, as long as you're moving during this short hop, the game believes the Paladin to still be grounded during this time, even when you've been airborne for a solid second, which allows you to jump a second time with nearly the same height as a normal jump but with substantially increased distance.

"How is this useful?" you might ask. Well, since the game treats you as still on the ground, you could do a short hop off a ledge and still manage to pull off the Paladin's spin attack, allowing you to hit enemies that are slightly airborne like the cave bats in certain areas. In short, it basically gives you a much wider aerial attack.
Glitch-finding time for typical 2D Metroidvania. Now we are looking at a die-hard tradition.

HypnoChanger

Game Developer
Feb 12, 2018
Got some good news for anyone who's been waiting for the next update. It's coming soon! I don't have a release date yet, but I just finished all the new content. Just need to go over some final checks to make sure I didn't miss anything that would mess up the experience.

This is a big update, adding a new area and dungeon, two boss fights, a new transformation, and 10 or so new CGs. The live version is up on my patreon and subscribestar right now and the early version release will most likely be coming soon.

CG1_succubus_small.png
CG3 small.png IMG_0175 1 small.png

krokster7

Oct 25, 2021
Looking forward to have some fun. I hope one day there's more than just straight sex, hopefully the more you add, the more we'll definitely need a Gallery Mode.

HypnoChanger

Game Developer
Feb 12, 2018
Not sure what you mean exactly by "more than just straight sex". If you mean more than just M/F, there is already. And if you mean "CGs that aren't simply having sex" there also is that already. ^__^;

krokster7

Oct 25, 2021
We finally got an update from the developer via Discord Announcement, the next version is here, it's 0.3
Follow the link here, F95 hasn't update the download files yet.

Reactions: randombbl

HypnoChanger

Game Developer
Feb 12, 2018
Yeah, sorry it took so long to release this new version. Its been done for a while, but steam took a long time to get set up on, according to my publisher. Don't know how much detail I can talk about so I'll avoid details to be safe. I have been working on stuff in the meantime to get a head start on the next area I'll add to the game in the meantime. Here's the changelog for this version:

- Bandit Mage enemy added.

- Skeleton enemy added.

- Ghost Girl enemy added.

- 4 Haunted woods areas added.

- Haunted Mansion added.

- Lucy boss fight added.

- Slime Form added.

- Necron Boss fight added.

- Unhaunted Mansion added after Necron fight.

- Conversations added for all members of hero's guild after Necron's defeat.

- Fawn gains +1 Whip damage the first time she has sex with anyone.

- Fawn gains +3 Sword damage the first time she has sex with Grant.

- 3 Sex scenes added for Lucy.

- Unlockable CGs added for 7 enemies.

- Waitress sex scene with Fawn's Slime form added.

- Overworld Map added to game.

- New sub-area in Caverns added.

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
Succuquest-0.3
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with both F95Zone and the developer of this game.
If you run into issues please use this thread or join us on !

We're crowdfunded, !​

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote