Warped Animation

Game Developer
May 27, 2019
Still getting the error. Damn - I know I've seen something about this in another thread. It has to do with permissions on a Mac (stricter than a PC - I guess PCs are just sluttier)...
lol....must be. But I don't know if that is it, because I would swear that I've seen something on this being related to the way Renpy operates internally to a game. I want to say it was like if you were in the game, and didn't exit back to the Main Menu in the right way, then the "Context" from the game instance is still open. I could be wrong. I'll keep looking.

Reactions: Tease Me

Warped Animation

Game Developer
May 27, 2019
Wow thank you for doing this story, I always wanted this to happen to the daughter from DMD. this is fucking great 100/10
Thank you. I'm glad you like it. Would you mind telling me more about that? I'm interested in everybody's feedback, even if it is negative.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Welp, that change to female protagonist going after sugar daddies just completely killed the game for me.
I just can't stand watching the character I play get fucked by guys, hence I only play games with female protags, if I can stay on a purely lesbian route.

Warped Animation

Game Developer
May 27, 2019
Welp, that change to female protagonist going after sugar daddies just completely killed the game for me.
I just can't stand watching the character I play get fucked by guys, hence I only play games with female protags, if I can stay on a purely lesbian route.
She's not going after them. They are going after her. Everything centers around her, but you aren't really playing as her. You are basically directing what happens around her. I guest what I am trying to say is that it isn't a POV first person game.

Warped Animation

Game Developer
May 27, 2019
Still getting the error. Damn - I know I've seen something about this in another thread. It has to do with permissions on a Mac (stricter than a PC - I guess PCs are just sluttier)...
I think I might have found something, and it could be that perhaps MAC is less forgiving on this than PC is. I found some posts about issues like this happening if you aren't explicitly coding a "return" statement within labels. In other words, you are inside a label, and you call a screen, it looks like maybe MAC doesn't just forget you were originally in the initial label.

Reactions: Tease Me and Hoboy

redblades12

Jan 28, 2018
I also have heavy criticism for the choice system which by your own words is you choosing what happens to the MC. There is a game over so you have to eventually choose who she is getting fucked by. If that isn't the case why is the game called Sugar Daddies. Also it isn't really a choice based system because the different actions will lead to the same point in the story. What if I liked the story of DMD and I want her to stay with D. That isn't a choice. I just in general cant figure out why you decided to drop what seemed to be a good story to steal some one else's MC.

Reactions: botc76 and Lerd0

Warped Animation

Game Developer
May 27, 2019
I actually hate the direction the game has changed towards. Does the dev of DMD know you are spoofing their stuff?
Everything in my game is original. I created my own character. The dialogue and artwork are my own. The storyline is my own. There is nothing DMD in the game, except the implication that this is the same "person." I'm not "spoofing" his stuff. Even my character looks different than the DMD character does. Similar face, similar size, and that is about it. There is nothing for him to know. And if you search around, you will see other games that are using a similar looking character to DMD, and have been for a long time.

Warped Animation

Game Developer
May 27, 2019
I also have heavy criticism for the choice system which by your own words is you choosing what happens to the MC. There is a game over so you have to eventually choose who she is getting fucked by. If that isn't the case why is the game called Sugar Daddies. Also it isn't really a choice based system because the different actions will lead to the same point in the story. What if I liked the story of DMD and I want her to stay with D. That isn't a choice. I just in general cant figure out why you decided to drop what seemed to be a good story to steal some one else's MC.
I didn't "steal someone else's MC." In DMD, you are playing as her father in POV fashion. In this game, you are a third person MC. If you read back through this thread, you will see how the game direction was arrived at. I took tons of input from many many people. I'm not trying to be a wise ass by asking this. I'm really not. But let's say you have an actress who plays a role in a movie. She then does a diferent movie, and plays a different character altogether. How is this any different. I'm not using DMD's words. I'm not using DMD's artwork. I'm not using DMD's storyline. I couldn't possibly be using the DMD character's name, because the MC of the game sets it. My character model was created by me. Does the model look similar to the DMD character? Yes. Still looks different in many ways. Even parts of the face are different. So I'm not "stealing" anything. I don't even directly refer to my character's background using specific instances from the DMD game. It is only implied that she is the same "person."

redblades12

Jan 28, 2018
I actually caught the fact they look different. Your character is more of a bombshell. I'm asking why you decided to drop your original concept to make this the MC from DMD. Also you cant say its not the same when you flat out decide the MC is from DMD in the comment from the person only a couple posts before mine. Where the guy says he wanted this to happen in DMD. I don't really care about the sprite work I care about the loss of your original concept. To be replaced with this squeal? to DMD. It is the same and you are technically teeing off of his story because there is direct references in your story to DMD when Georgina calls the MC. You cant claim it isn't the same story when you have direct references. Also I have less a problem with the DMD character usage, and again have a problem with this pretty much eliminating the possibility for a unique story because she is now more than likely a character from another game just stuffed into this one. Also I still have heavy criticism for your no choice choice based system. Where all the decision still lead to the same spots in the story. The game has a game over and you can make decision you aren't suppose to because you can get a game over from the game. This contradicts the idea that you have a choice to make the main character not a slut like you said in one of your previous comments. You have to choose one. Either you have free reign of choices where they all lead to a continued story or you have to make the game on rails where the story happens and you have no input because right now its a weird mix that doesn't work, bordering on an on rails game with no choices. Also why call the game sugar daddies if you can choose to not be a slut. There are a lot of conflicting game ideas here.

Warped Animation

Game Developer
May 27, 2019
I actually caught the fact they look different. Your character is more of a bombshell. I'm asking why you decided to drop your original concept to make this the MC from DMD. Also you cant say its not the same when you flat out decide the MC is from DMD in the comment from the person only a couple posts before mine. Where the guy says he wanted this to happen in DMD. I don't really care about the sprite work I care about the loss of your original concept. To be replaced with this squeal? to DMD. It is the same and you are technically teeing off of his story because there is direct references in your story to DMD when Georgina calls the MC. You cant claim it isn't the same story when you have direct references. Also I have less a problem with the DMD character usage, and again have a problem with this pretty much eliminating the possibility for a unique story because she is now more than likely a character from another game just stuffed into this one. Also I still have heavy criticism for your no choice choice based system. Where all the decision still lead to the same spots in the story. The game has a game over and you can make decision you aren't suppose to because you can get a game over from the game. This contradicts the idea that you have a choice to make the main character not a slut like you said in one of your previous comments. You have to choose one. Either you have free reign of choices where they all lead to a continued story or you have to make the game on rails where the story happens and you have no input because right now its a weird mix that doesn't work, bordering on an on rails game with no choices. Also why call the game sugar daddies if you can choose to not be a slut. There are a lot of conflicting game ideas here.
Like I said, if you were to read the thread, it would be obvious how the decision was arrived at, but I'll summarize it. Essentially, we had a fairly lengthy brainstorming session in this thread after I released the demo. Everything from which fetishes, to you name it. This was the concept that the larger number of the people liked, and in fact, it was one of those people who came up with idea. I hadn't even thought about it. That person sent me a PM with the suggestion. So I put it out on the thread for discussion. Something like, "Hey! Somebody had this idea. What does everybody think?" And the idea was popular.

It looks to me like there are several things going on here. I think that your concept of who the MC in DMD, and mine, are different. When I say MC, as it refers to DMD, my thought is that as the player, I am the MC, and I am the father. It seems like you are saying that to you, the MC is the girl.

As far as the single Georgina, Elena, Jennifer sentence that is in the dialogue goes.....and again, I'm not trying to be a wise ass, but it is still implied. I wasn't aware that DMD had a trademark on the name, Georgina, Elena, and Jennifer. You don't see Georgina. You don't see Elena. I have a Jennifer with an uncle in the town. My Jennifer character looks nothing like the DMD Jennifer. My Jennifer's uncle is named "Jake." DMD's Jennifer's uncle is named, "Bob" I think, but it isn't Jake. It is all implied. The idea of this game is that the player should be able to play the game without knowing anything about the DMD game.

Now, as to your points on game play. If I am not mistaken, there is literally only one set of choices that lead to the EOG ending. It is entirely possible for her to not make any slut choice. So you pick the "not excited" type choices on all of that stuff early on. If you don't answer the phone, then you never meet Jake. If the ex-teacher puts his hand on her shoulder, then he gives her no money. So how do you avoid the slut thing, and not hit EOG? Keep the ring, and confront the pawn guy. She has $500 right there. She starts out with $50 to begin with. Even if you choose for the teacher to pat her on the head, she gets no sluttiness related points, but she gets another $100. If she takes the wallet when she leaves, that's another $50, and she doesn't head down a slut path. So where does she end up in this case? She ends up having to pay her way at the sleezy hotel for $40 a night, and paying herself, but she can have as much as $700 to survive without hitting EOG. Was there a great deal of content for that route in this release? No. It doesn't mean there isn't going to be more there in the next release.

As to the "all roads lead to her being a slut" portion of what you are saying. No. They don't. She's going to end up with a Sugar Daddy one way or the other. Otherwise, the name of the game makes zero sense. However, there are potential Sugar Daddies who haven't been introduced. The two that appeared in this release, are the sleaziest of the bunch. That doesn't mean that there isn't going to be one that is a nice guy. Which there will be.

What drives her "sluttiness" is directly related to the desperation and inhibition scoring. The more money she has, the less desperate. The less money she has, the more desperate. However, even that alone doesn't mean she ends up being a complete slut. It means she might have to do some things she wouldn't otherwise do. To survive.

I really don't know how I can explain it any better than that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kri128 and Tease Me

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
I liked the first version, because I found the implicit idea of a kind of spin off of DMD, even though there are differences, very promising. But this version ruined it for me, sorry. It looks like a complete change of mind compared to the first version. The artwork is great, but the new story simply ruins the game to me. Having a choice where the daugher leaves her father would be allright. But not having a choice isn't.

Reactions: botc76 and Lerd0

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
Do you receive this as soon as you try to execute the game, or as soon as you click on start?

Unfortunately, I don't have a MAC, so it is untested on that platform. I don't have anyway to debug the problem. I just provided the MAC build, because Renpy allows me to build it when I build the PC version. What I can do is search around a little bit, and see if there is some kind of common coding mistake that causes this type of error on a MAC. If I find a potential solution, I will provide a new MAC build.
FWIT, I'm unable to start the game on a PC.

3.00 star(s) 13 Votes