botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Everything in my game is original. I created my own character. The dialogue and artwork are my own. The storyline is my own. There is nothing DMD in the game, except the implication that this is the same "person." I'm not "spoofing" his stuff. Even my character looks different than the DMD character does. Similar face, similar size, and that is about it. There is nothing for him to know. And if you search around, you will see other games that are using a similar looking character to DMD, and have been for a long time.
Are you serious with this? This is the most ridiculous attempt to justify yourself I've seen for a while.
You even declared yourself that you are continuing the story and that it is supposed to be the same character.

Hey, this is a pirate forum and so there's no real standards here, but it should have been clear to you that telling MrDots about your game and what you plan to do would have been only decent from one dev to another.

And what you are doing now, this evasive bs just comes off as being completely dishonest.
I'm out of here.

Reactions: Zivairs and Lerd0

Paprika

Aug 14, 2017
"Incest survivor", I'm trying to be a patreon survivor, surviving their fascist censorship, crushing free speech on the name of political correctness.
I don't know if subscribestar is so bad that a dev ditches incest from his work and prefers to appease patreon, when he's just starting the game. He's not risking losing a lot of patreons, while he'll surely lose a lot of followers for changing the whole premise of the game.
I wouldn't have played DMD had Mr. Dots ditched incest because of patreon, I won't play this game either this way.

redblades12

Jan 28, 2018
Like I said, if you were to read the thread, it would be obvious how the decision was arrived at, but I'll summarize it. Essentially, we had a fairly lengthy brainstorming session in this thread after I released the demo. Everything from which fetishes, to you name it. This was the concept that the larger number of the people liked, and in fact, it was one of those people who came up with idea. I hadn't even thought about it. That person sent me a PM with the suggestion. So I put it out on the thread for discussion. Something like, "Hey! Somebody had this idea. What does everybody think?" And the idea was popular.

It looks to me like there are several things going on here. I think that your concept of who the MC in DMD, and mine, are different. When I say MC, as it refers to DMD, my thought is that as the player, I am the MC, and I am the father. It seems like you are saying that to you, the MC is the girl.

As far as the single Georgina, Elena, Jennifer sentence that is in the dialogue goes.....and again, I'm not trying to be a wise ass, but it is still implied. I wasn't aware that DMD had a trademark on the name, Georgina, Elena, and Jennifer. You don't see Georgina. You don't see Elena. I have a Jennifer with an uncle in the town. My Jennifer character looks nothing like the DMD Jennifer. My Jennifer's uncle is named "Jake." DMD's Jennifer's uncle is named, "Bob" I think, but it isn't Jake. It is all implied. The idea of this game is that the player should be able to play the game without knowing anything about the DMD game.

Now, as to your points on game play. If I am not mistaken, there is literally only one set of choices that lead to the EOG ending. It is entirely possible for her to not make any slut choice. So you pick the "not excited" type choices on all of that stuff early on. If you don't answer the phone, then you never meet Jake. If the ex-teacher puts his hand on her shoulder, then he gives her no money. So how do you avoid the slut thing, and not hit EOG? Keep the ring, and confront the pawn guy. She has $500 right there. She starts out with $50 to begin with. Even if you choose for the teacher to pat her on the head, she gets no sluttiness related points, but she gets another $100. If she takes the wallet when she leaves, that's another $50, and she doesn't head down a slut path. So where does she end up in this case? She ends up having to pay her way at the sleezy hotel for $40 a night, and paying herself, but she can have as much as $700 to survive without hitting EOG. Was there a great deal of content for that route in this release? No. It doesn't mean there isn't going to be more there in the next release.

As to the "all roads lead to her being a slut" portion of what you are saying. No. They don't. She's going to end up with a Sugar Daddy one way or the other. Otherwise, the name of the game makes zero sense. However, there are potential Sugar Daddies who haven't been introduced. The two that appeared in this release, are the sleaziest of the bunch. That doesn't mean that there isn't going to be one that is a nice guy. Which there will be.

What drives her "sluttiness" is directly related to the desperation and inhibition scoring. The more money she has, the less desperate. The less money she has, the more desperate. However, even that alone doesn't mean she ends up being a complete slut. It means she might have to do some things she wouldn't otherwise do. To survive.

I really don't know how I can explain it any better than that.
In that whole lines of non-sense you just confirmed my point across the board. You brain stormed and changed the story and in so doing took your very original first idea and ruined it by basing your character off a per-existing character. Thus carrying their already developed back story into your game even if she some how is a completely different character. I'm saying the MC is the female character because she is the main character of your story and not some third party voyeur. Which tells me a lot about the idea behind this game. At the same time you proved my point with your denials that there is no choices to be made in this game you will eventually end up with a sugar daddy. So at the end even after witnessing the story unfold because you are a "voyeur" the MC being the female character whose name is Dee or dawn or whatever, will end up with a sugar daddy, and that making her avoid all sexual interactions is both pointless and in essence makes this an on rails game. Where you will eventually start loosing more and more as you are forced "into decisions to survive." Also you missed my point in the comment before this one where I said why bother to call the game sugar daddies at all if you are going to add decisions that avoid sexual content. Ultimately you proved my point. This game is a kinetic novel. With the illusion of choice and a MC who is for lack of a better term stolen from another game and placed in your game by your own admission. You would have been smarter to leave the previous game concept in place. Just because everyone agrees to snag someone elses character concept doesnt mean you have to go along with it. Also you keep saying trying not to be a smart ass, but to do that you actually have to be making a solid point. You haven't actually refuted any of my points you actually just proved them all in your own words not mine.

Reactions: Lerd0

Tease Me

May 6, 2017
Sugar Daddies is OK by me. It is almost as funny as many of the comments in this thread. More games need to be spoofed. Way too many people take these games serious. I think Uncle Jake makes more sense than Half the Pedotors in the games. He is a dirty old man like most F95 members, not some buff Stud Muffin with a 24" cock that tries to fuck 18 YO and there preteen looking friends. Kudos to Warped for being warped.

Reactions: achopstix and Q Who
Jan 11, 2018
When I read the comments, it made me curious about your game. So I played and yes man, the Dawn is the same girl from DMD game, even you don't admit, you can see clearly after the phone call with Georgina(coincidence? I think not) and this dialogue "Mom was right. You destroy everything and everyone you touch. I can't even go back to Mom's, because she's just as sick as you are!"(events from the Second chapter in DMD, when D see her mom banging) that was the same daughter, just a little change at the look and the few names don't change the fact that you using the same character. In resume, this game is just a weird spin-off from the other games we know.
So, if you don't wanna the player make comparisons with the original games and disappointed with the destiny you wrote about the girls from those games(like you imagine an ending where D hates her father after she discovers what he did), I advice you to create a completely new background story, change all the names to remove any link with the original projects and you probably will avoid any headache, but the game is yours, so it's your decision too.
The dildo sex scene was good, it made me suppose that at least the sex scenes will be good and you have to be careful with the grainy renders because it will improve the graphic quality from your game.

Reactions: Magixian and Lerd0

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
LOL. Wow so many people are upset that a fictional character has a different ending than they want. Oh no don't make D do that. She really loves her predator daddy. I laughed quite a bit when I answered the phone. I am looking forward to D getting defiled but a lot of old guys who are not her Dad. I can't believe some idiot thought that you should have discussed with Mr Dots. F Mr Dots. Gee Mr Dots is it ok that I make money however I see fit.

ew.gif

Warped Animation

Game Developer
May 27, 2019
In that whole lines of non-sense you just confirmed my point across the board. You brain stormed and changed the story and in so doing took your very original first idea and ruined it by basing your character off a per-existing character. Thus carrying their already developed back story into your game even if she some how is a completely different character. I'm saying the MC is the female character because she is the main character of your story and not some third party voyeur. Which tells me a lot about the idea behind this game. At the same time you proved my point with your denials that there is no choices to be made in this game you will eventually end up with a sugar daddy. So at the end even after witnessing the story unfold because you are a "voyeur" the MC being the female character whose name is Dee or dawn or whatever, will end up with a sugar daddy, and that making her avoid all sexual interactions is both pointless and in essence makes this an on rails game. Where you will eventually start loosing more and more as you are forced "into decisions to survive." Also you missed my point in the comment before this one where I said why bother to call the game sugar daddies at all if you are going to add decisions that avoid sexual content. Ultimately you proved my point. This game is a kinetic novel. With the illusion of choice and a MC who is for lack of a better term stolen from another game and placed in your game by your own admission. You would have been smarter to leave the previous game concept in place. Just because everyone agrees to snag someone elses character concept doesnt mean you have to go along with it. Also you keep saying trying not to be a smart ass, but to do that you actually have to be making a solid point. You haven't actually refuted any of my points you actually just proved them all in your own words not mine.
On the "MC" thing, I guess that is my age showing. MC to my generation means "Master of Ceremonies." I didn't say that she won't have sex. I just meant that she doesn't have to end up being with one of the sleezier guys, and being a run of the mill tramp. Of course she will sleep with other guys/girls. I guess that would have to depend on each person's definition of a "slut." One of those "decisions to survive" that I mentioned, would be to end up being taken care of by one of the men. In any case, I'm sorry that you are disappointed with it. But I appreciate you giving me your feedback.

Last edited:

WickedGrim

Sep 18, 2018
Also, have you tried to restart the game and run it a second time? Your name change should have been saved when you did it the first time, so it shouldn't be necessary to change it again. Try restarting the exe, and just clicking start.
Yes, I actually downloaded it again using a different server instead of Mega and it still will not work

Warped Animation

Game Developer
May 27, 2019
When I read the comments, it made me curious about your game. So I played and yes man, the Dawn is the same girl from DMD game, even you don't admit, you can see clearly after the phone call with Georgina(coincidence? I think not) and this dialogue "Mom was right. You destroy everything and everyone you touch. I can't even go back to Mom's, because she's just as sick as you are!"(events from the Second chapter in DMD, when D see her mom banging) that was the same daughter, just a little change at the look and the few names don't change the fact that you using the same character. In resume, this game is just a weird spin-off from the other games we know.
So, if you don't wanna the player make comparisons with the original games and disappointed with the destiny you wrote about the girls from those games(like you imagine an ending where D hates her father after she discovers what he did), I advice you to create a completely new background story, change all the names to remove any link with the original projects and you probably will avoid any headache, but the game is yours, so it's your decision too.
The dildo sex scene was good, it made me suppose that at least the sex scenes will be good and you have to be careful with the grainy renders because it will improve the graphic quality from your game.
Let me be clear on this, most of what you are referencing, are things I was saying in response to a couple of people implying that I should have obtained approval from the DMD folks. I'm not denying that it is an alternative universe version of the character, for those who know tha backstory of the DMD game. In the Changelog on page one of the thread, I state that I've converted the storyline over to the "Dee after Daddy" concept. It is clearly inspired by the original. People can make whatever comparisons they want. I'm not surprised by that. But those comments of mine were in response to a particular context. I had one person claim that "he even stole the name of the MC from the other game." Did I do an homage to the original by using a play on the common practice of fan forums and such referring to her as "D," by using "Dee" for her alias? Yes. But some guy was saying that I stole her name from the DMD folks, which I don't see how that would be possible, since the first thing you do is set her name to whatever you want. I'm not denying that I intended that people who have played DMD, would assume her backstory. If you were to look back somewhere earlier in this thread, somewhere you would see that I even said that our jumping off point would have to be, the "daddy was fucking everybody" path of DMD, even though I always played the "D" only path myself. However, this game is also intended, that if you've never played DMD, then it wouldn't matter, and that this story would stand up on it's own. And this character isn't going to be the over the top naïve character from DMD.

As far as the render thing you mentioned. I know that I have a few of those in the game. I am doing a little learning when it comes to Daz Studio, and their new version, as well as how to get rid of a flaw Daz has had for quite a while where the iray renders with darker lighting, don't come out quite right. They introduced some AI to Daz in their last release, in order to help with that, but sometimes the AI does an amazing job at predicting what the picture is supposed to look like, and other times not so much. I'm working on learning ways I might be able to maybe change the lighting a little if that happens, but the problem there is that you can't change it too much, or you would have to go back and re-render a whole string of images everytime you run across the problem.

Some people will be pissed that she has a different personality in my game. Some people really like that. But I'm not "stealing" anything. The backstory that people get, if they have played DMD, comes from their own minds. All I did was plant a few seeds with 2 or 3 lines of dialogue. I was going to use this model either way. The comparisons to DMD were always going to happen.

Take your example that you quoted about the line about her mother. Is the line there to bring up the exact scenario from DMD for those who have played the game? Absolutely. Does it work all by itself. It could mean she's a piece of shit for any number of reasons.

WickedGrim

Sep 18, 2018
Here is a link to an update. If you would do me a favor, and unzip it to a fresh directory, and then do the same exact steps that you did when you got the error, it will tell us whether this fixes it.
MAC Link v0.2.1:
Nope, still can not play the game

Warped Animation

Game Developer
May 27, 2019
Yes, I actually downloaded it again using a different server instead of Mega and it still will not work
Terry, the only thing I have found on the error happening with other games, has to do with having not coded explicit "return" statements at the end of renpy label code segments. I have a bunch of those. I could try that, but it would take me quite a while, because I would have to retest literally everything. I'd be willing to do that except for the fact that I'd be guessing, because I still have no way to test it on a MAC myself. I probably shouldn't have provided the MAC version, and just left it up to somebody else to do a MAC build if they wanted to. I think that is the route I'm going to have to take, because I would just be shooting in the dark.

Reactions: achopstix

DD0

Jan 13, 2018
I already started downloading (even though I didn't like the look of the man I thought was the MC). But reading the comments makes me pretty sure that the MC is actually one of the girls. If that is the case, not cool to have improper tags.

Investigating further as soon as dl is done.

Edit: OK, investigation over. I should have read more comments, game is unplayable for me as a mac user. Oh well.

Warped Animation

Game Developer
May 27, 2019
LOL. Wow so many people are upset that a fictional character has a different ending than they want. Oh no don't make D do that. She really loves her predator daddy. I laughed quite a bit when I answered the phone. I am looking forward to D getting defiled but a lot of old guys who are not her Dad. I can't believe some idiot thought that you should have discussed with Mr Dots. F Mr Dots. Gee Mr Dots is it ok that I make money however I see fit.

View attachment 358328
The most interesting part of the "Does Mr. Dots know you are...." thing to me, is that I'm saying to myself, "So let me get this straight. You are on a forum on a pirate site, and you are lecturing me on the ethics of what I'm doing by writing an original storyline that does nothing more than plant a few seeds by drawing a couple of vague references to scenes that occurred in DMD." I guess my smartassed response would be, "Have you consulted with MrDots about how he feels about the fact that you download his game for free off of pirate sites, and he makes nothing off it?"

Glad you like the game, and thanks for bringing up your other points.

Warped Animation

Game Developer
May 27, 2019
I´m a DMD fan too but i'm not disappointed.I can understand that you will that as many people as possible playing your game and supporting you.What i don't like is that Dawn is leaving her father now and we players have no way to prevent that.In the first version it didn't look like that would happen.
I understand that. I have always been on the "D" only path in DMD myself. But I needed a jumping off point for my story, to disconnect from the other game, and just like MrDots ran into with DMD, patreon doesn't allow incest.

Reactions: Tease Me

Warped Animation

Game Developer
May 27, 2019
Are you serious with this? This is the most ridiculous attempt to justify yourself I've seen for a while.
You even declared yourself that you are continuing the story and that it is supposed to be the same character.

Hey, this is a pirate forum and so there's no real standards here, but it should have been clear to you that telling MrDots about your game and what you plan to do would have been only decent from one dev to another.

And what you are doing now, this evasive bs just comes off as being completely dishonest.
I'm out of here.
I was responding about whether or not I should have, "consulted MrDots." Obviously the game is inspired by the original.

Warped Animation

Game Developer
May 27, 2019
Sugar Daddies is OK by me. It is almost as funny as many of the comments in this thread. More games need to be spoofed. Way too many people take these games serious. I think Uncle Jake makes more sense than Half the Pedotors in the games. He is a dirty old man like most F95 members, not some buff Stud Muffin with a 24" cock that tries to fuck 18 YO and there preteen looking friends. Kudos to Warped for being warped.
Thanks

Last edited:

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018
Wasn't there also some "extras" version of the first release? Will that happen again or is that canceled?

3.00 star(s) 13 Votes