4.70 star(s) 273 Votes

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Not saying you are wrong (I hope), but the devs don't exactly have a long track record of regular timely releases either. Release times never get quicker with time, only slower. Already inching toward the one year release cycle, this soon in development, when the story is barely getting started, does not bode well for the game ever being finished.

The fact that the first few releases were on a reasonable schedule, show they have the capability, so what changed to go from cycle of little over 2 months, to 6 months plus? We are getting into (Radiant, cough, cough) territory.

Not saying it is happening here, but it looks like the typical pattern we've all seen , where a dev gets a little bit of success (Primal Instinct, Dr. Amana, Reincarnotica, Apartment 69, Apartment 96, Oath of Loyalty, Connected), where things just get slower and slower, until nothing.

Dragging things out for 6 months or longer does not help them ultimately. To get buzz, attention, and patrons, shorter updates every 2 - 3 months, is much more likely to keep up the momentum and lead to a successful game.
Wait hold on, that was fucking with my head a little bit and I had to go back and count to make sure I wasn't getting it wrong. I seriously wish there date stamps or something with the changelogs.

So Ch4 came out on Nov 10. Which means it's been 148 days. There are 180 days in 6 months. 168 days if you were to count each month passing as every 28 days. Where are you getting 6+ months? We're only just about to hit the 5-month mark.

Why are people starting to talk about once a year updates? It hasn't even reached 6 months yet. For sure a lot of games have been taking longer and longer since last year to the point where we can only expect one update per year (even though those devs never explicitly state there'll only be one update) but I wouldn't count this game as one of them so quickly. Once it gets past the actual 6-month mark, for sure we can start being dramatic about it but let's just chill out for a sec.

Plus, I'm not trying to make excuses for them but I'm just trying to be fair here. They started with small updates because this is their first game and they didn't realize that a chapter you write for a book doesn't necessarily translate to the same length in a VN. So they said they'd work on trying to make it longer. That was Ch.4. Plus I've been browsing the latest pages and it looks like this next update might be 1.5 instead of 1 so it makes sense.

I mean it's not like they aren't regularly communicating on Patreon. Otherwise there wouldn't be regular status reports. It's their first game, they've got full-time jobs, probably don't have the best equipment (don't quote me on that). Now go take a look at Acquainted or FreshWomen. Especially Acquainted. That's also the dev's first game and he's working full-time but has only released ep 1 (the initial release) and it's been 8 months and counting then he just disappeared for a month (because of his real job to be fair) and has just now come back. FreshWomen might even be worse. They talked big shit about hiring a million new workers and it's been almost 8 months since their latest episode. So it's not like I haven't seen the kind of bullshit people are talking about. *cough* BADIK *cough* ep 9 not worth the 9-month wait *cough* 1 year if you don't count the Interlude *cough* while making this his full-time job. Sorry about that coughing fit by the way, I've just got too much disappointment and salt still in my system from December. (Edit: What's wrong, did you get butthurt because I didn't say DPC is perfect? I still like the game but I'm not a fucking sycophant.)

Also I remember the situation for Primal Instinct being kind of weird. I think this was the one case where the dev directly said he wouldn't continue with the game if he didn't reach a certain amount of supporters on Patreon. Kind of dumb when you think about it since he could've just done what other devs did and not say anything while continuing to milk supporters then maybe throwing them a bone once or twice a year AND THEN just ghosting everybody.

All I'm saying is that we all might be jumping the gun here and that also we really need dates stamped into change logs or something.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2021
Will you log on to steam in the future?
Is this game released on Steam too?
Hewwo, Dev.

Please, tell me you plan on putting the game on Steam? this is a lovely gem that must be shown/seen to/by plenty of eyes.
This is the kinda game i hope one day releases on steam. It's a really good game.

Also Eve best girl
I also join the question of all of them, Northpx, may I ask if you maybe do have any thoughts, or plans, on also publish the game on Steam sometime in the future, when it will be completed?

Daasss

Jan 23, 2017
thank you for the update. I get the impression they are nowhere close to being done with Chapter 5 so it might get late May or so before we can see a continuation of the story and more of best girls Mia and Sophie.
The game's called "Summer heat" for a reason.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
All I'm saying is that we all might be jumping the gun here and that also we really need dates stamped into change logs or something.
Maybe you are right, and we are all just jaded by the many, many, devs that pull the same M.O. of great initial releases leading to quick success, and then quickly moving to endless excuses and stalling tactics before the game eventually fades away. I completely agree with all your examples of worse dev failures. Freshwomen is a good parallel to what seems like it is starting to happen here, but to be fair that game had quite a few, lengthy and steady releases before it all fell apart. Once they started talking about changing the rendering engine to Blender from Daz , despite first rate renders already, which totally changed the characters' appearance and looked terrible, I knew it was over. I'm just waiting for the inevitable abandoned tag.

It's true that is hasn't been 6 months yet, but I don't get the sense from the devs status updates that a release is imminent. I like pretty teaser images as much as the next guy, but it is really more of a stalling tactic to try to appease the waiting fans, than a sign of significant game development.

Plus, if you look at the latest dev update, it looks to me like it is going down the wrong track. Considering we are still on day 1 of the game after more than a year of development, and approaching what should be to the devs, an embarrassing 6 months since the last update, the devs should be laser focused on working on the story, dialog, and renders. Instead, they are talking about adding sound effects and music, which 90% of the players don't care about. Plus, in their "Development" part of the update, the work they chose to highlight is that they have been working on, "Proper file structure, making back-ups and tidying up some of the back end". Umm. Yea. So a year in development and they haven't been making backups, or have a well defined file structure? Let's just say my BS stalling meter is moving toward the red zone.

We all know the signs of successful game development. Regular, steady, updates. Period. With the story progressing at a reasonable rate based on development time. No adding new features after a year of development. No wasting time on more than rudimentary sound effects, or a free backing audio, and certainly not talking about fixing file structures or making backups.

Ultimately, no matter what anybody things about what may or may not be going on with the dev team, the issue is that we are still on day 1 in the game after more than a year of development. How many days is this camp? It's got to be at least a week right? With 5 LIs and a few side characters, unless all the LIs are crazed nymphomaniacs, I can't imagine the MC getting very far with all of them in a handful of days. Plus, as players, don't we want to see some sort of progression and emotional investment in the characters and the relationships between them and the MC? This takes multiple weeks of game time or longer to seem organic and satisfying as a player. At this rate, with 1 year development time or more per game day, how many years of development are we talking about? And development always only gets slower as devs get complacent, team members drop out due to various reasons, devs have a change in life circumstances of some kind, or someone decides to go back and rework something, leading to even more delays.

I think Summer Heat is great, and one of the best new starts I can remember in awhile, but unless there is a revolution in effort by the dev team, which I certainly hope for, it's doesn't look like we will see the end of the game in the next decade, if ever.

Last edited:

Mareeeeta

Sep 1, 2019
And Mia too. Let's keep the peace :Kappa:

Plus Victoria from CoBD, all the ladies from Red Lucy and some of the ladies from Summer's Gone.
I agree about CoBD & Summer's Gone. I don't really care about Red Lucy's girls but I can understand, I'm not really into MILFs myself.

My favorites ones are AoA girls (pretty obvious right ?) I think those models convey the most emotions (those eyes).
And I want to quote Emily & Alex from Long Story Short, Madison from Radiant, Jaye from Chasing Sunset
girls from The Grey Dream, Project ATMOSPHERE, all Ocean's works..
And honorables mentions : Artemis, Acquainted, Dreamland, FreshWomen, Lost at Birth, The Unbroken, Race of Life, Bare Witness, The Entrepreneur.. there is a lot of cute girls out there.
And Summer Heat have some of my top tier favorites. (Sophie, Bree, Mia, Rebecca n°2)

Recently I played Westview Academy and there was some cute girls too.
Leslie (Westview Academy).png Athena (Westview Academy).png

Edit :
Agreed with Vic and the girls from Summer's Gone, I haven't tried Red Lucy though, is it good?
I'll also add Jaye from CS, Rebecca from AOA (RIP), and Els and Ines from The Unbroken.
I see a real man of culture here !

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Agreed with Vic and the girls from Summer's Gone, I haven't tried Red Lucy though, is it good?
I'll also add Jaye from CS, Rebecca from AOA (RIP), and Els and Ines from The Unbroken.
Red Lucy is one of the most peculiar incest games on this site. The premise is quite unique (there are some mysteries in that family that are being unveiled), although the pace is a bit weird (if you play, you will understand) and the updates on the short side.

There are 2 hot milfs (aunt and neighbour) and 2 hot young ladies (the sister and a model working for the aunt). Even if you don't care for any of them (honestly, that's quite improbable since they are all absolutely gorgeous), the artistic quality of the game is overwhelming. The dev has a photography background and it shows; I even believe he mentioned he came from a family of photographers, but I may be wrong and he may be the only one. You should try it, believe me, even if just for the art and detail in those renders.

I agree about CoBD & Summer's Gone. I don't really care about Red Lucy's girls but I can understand, I'm not really into MILFs myself.

[...]

Recently I played Westview Academy and there was some cute girls too.
View attachment 2531525 View attachment 2531526
Actually, my favourite females in Red Lucy are the two younger ones. I'm not much of a milfman myself, but in any case you have to concede that the two in RL look very realistic and sexy.

Westview Academy seems to be a nice suggestion, btw. I have just watched the thread. It looks really good (y)

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Maybe you are right, and we are all just jaded by the many, many, devs that pull the same M.O. of great initial releases leading to quick success, and then quickly moving to endless excuses and stalling tactics before the game eventually fades away. I completely agree with all your examples of worse dev failures. Freshwomen is a good parallel to what seems like it is starting to happen here, but to be fair that game had quite a few, lengthy and steady releases before it all fell apart. Once they started talking about changing the rendering engine to Blender from Daz , despite first rate renders already, which totally changed the characters' appearance and looked terrible, I knew it was over. I'm just waiting for the inevitable abandoned tag.

It's true that is hasn't been 6 months yet, but I don't get the sense from the devs status updates that a release is imminent. I like pretty teaser images as much as the next guy, but it is really more of a stalling tactic to try to appease the waiting fans, than a sign of significant game development.

Plus, if you look at the latest dev update, it looks to me like it is going down the wrong track. Considering we are still on day 1 of the game after more than a year of development, and approaching what should be to the devs, an embarrassing 6 months since the last update, the devs should be laser focused on working on the story, dialog, and renders. Instead, they are talking about adding sound effects and music, which 90% of the players don't care about. Plus, in their "Development" part of the update, the work they chose to highlight is that they have been working on, "Proper file structure, making back-ups and tidying up some of the back end". Umm. Yea. So a year in development and they haven't been making backups, or have a well defined file structure? Let's just say my BS stalling meter is moving toward the red zone.

We all know the signs of successful game development. Regular, steady, updates. Period. With the story progressing at a reasonable rate based on development time. No adding new features after a year of development. No wasting time on more than rudimentary sound effects, or a free backing audio, and certainly not talking about fixing file structures or making backups.

Ultimately, no matter what anybody things about what may or may not be going on with the dev team, the issue is that we are still on day 1 in the game after more than a year of development. How many days is this camp? It's got to be at least a week right? With 5 LIs and a few side characters, unless all the LIs are crazed nymphomaniacs, I can't imagine the MC getting very far with all of them in a handful of days. Plus, as players, don't we want to see some sort of progression and emotional investment in the characters and the relationships between them and the MC? This takes multiple weeks of game time or longer to seem organic and satisfying as a player. At this rate, with 1 year development time or more per game day, how many years of development are we talking about? And development always only gets slower as devs get complacent, team members drop out due to various reasons, devs have a change in life circumstances of some kind, or someone decides to go back and rework something, leading to even more delays.

I think Summer Heat is great, and one of the best new starts I can remember in awhile, but unless there is a revolution in effort by the dev team, which I certainly hope for, it's doesn't look like we will see the end of the game in the next decade, if ever.
Hmm, you made some good points I need to think about. It does kind of feel like they're already at the "make or break" point even though it hasn't been that long both in-game and development-wise.
Honestly, I'd have to play the next chapter when it releases to make my decision but thanks for bringing those things to my attention.
The point you brought about up about how long the camp will probably last and whether that's even enough time at all to realistically get close to someone is something I've thought about before. Being stuck on day 1 this whole time has given us no idea of what will actually happen and for how long. Who knows? From what you've told me, the devs themselves might still be figuring out how to/when to end the story. They might indeed be focusing on the wrong things. Only sycophants get hyped about the bells and whistles. What most people want is actual substance.

Still, I'm going to continue to give them the benefit of the doubt until month 6 has been breached. It's their first game and they seem to view it as more of a hobby/passion project than something they want to do full-time. If this crashes and burns then shame on them. If they pick up the pieces, try a new project, and still don't show improvement then shame on me
However at the end of the day, if they can't meet a certain threshold for expectations then less people will want to give them a chance. They're probably approaching a crossroads themselves, whatever that might be. Plus, compared to 90% of the games on this site this one is still head-and-shoulders above them because of the renders, writing, etc. even with the little amount of content. So I definitely want to see this do well and get on the right track.

As a side note: It really does feel like there's a general slow-down for whatever reasons in development for games. There aren't many left that keep to a consistent update schedule anymore. Kind of feels like whole genre is in decline which is kind of sad because tech has improved to the point where we can see some really amazing renders, etc. from independent creators.
For some reference based on what I've seen, I started this year with a personal top 10. Then I scrapped it last week because over half of them have taken way longer than I thought they'd take to release a new update. The game you mentioned in the spoiler is one of those titles (which at the time, had only been maybe 4 or 5 months since it's last update)
One thing I noticed (and this doesn't mean I think this is the main reason for all the slow-downs) is that even though renders are improving in quality because of better graphics cards, they also still take a lot longer to render. It's like we're at one of those points in time where technology has advanced enough to the point where we can do amazing stuff but not enough to the point where it doesn't take a relatively long time to do those amazing things.

Last edited:

Paynne

Oct 31, 2018
Red Lucy is one of the most peculiar incest games on this site. The premise is quite unique (there are some mysteries in that family that are being unveiled), although the pace is a bit weird (if you play, you will understand) and the updates on the short side.

There are 2 hot milfs (aunt and neighbour) and 2 hot young ladies (the sister and a model working for the aunt). Even if you don't care for any of them (honestly, that's quite improbable since they are all absolutely gorgeous), the artistic quality of the game is overwhelming. The dev has a photography background and it shows; I even believe he mentioned he came from a family of photographers, but I may be wrong and he may be the only one. You should try it, believe me, even if just for the art and detail in those renders.
Cool thanks, I'm not that much into incest games but I'm gonna try it.

I see a real man of culture here !
Likewise!
I recently tried west view academy too, it's a shame that the game doesn't have enough attention since the history is interesting and the girls are great too, especially Paige, Alyssa, and Leslie.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
But In "Dreamland", the girls have emotionless faces, like very beautiful mannequins. Bree and Sophie are much more expressive, diverse and natural when it comes to looks and emotions.
Exactly. For me, that's a very very important aspect.
In my opinion, the best face expressions in this industry can be found in Summer Heat, CoBD, Ocean's games, Red Lucy and AOA Academy (R.I.P.).
Honorable mentions: any of the games in my rotating signature (though not at the same level as the 5 mentioned above).
An otherwise monumental game like BaDIK is lacking in that department, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Exactly. For me, that's a very very important aspect.
In my opinion, the best face expressions in this industry can be found in Summer Heat, CoBD, Ocean's games, Red Lucy and AOA Academy (R.I.P.).
Honorable mentions: any of the games in my rotating signature (though not at the same level as the 5 mentioned above).
An otherwise monumental game like BaDIK is lacking in that department, in my opinion.
Chasing Sunsets isn't good enough to even make your honorable mentions list? :eek:

4.70 star(s) 273 Votes