4.70 star(s) 273 Votes

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
devs probably see it a tad differently - a few things can compare with "flashbacks" in terms of slowing down the development/progress and simplifying gampelay to a KN level :BootyTime:
Oh man lets hope we don't go there with this game. I am gonna eat so much shit for defending the slow pacing if we end up with an update where like a 3rd of it is just a flashback or something. Flashbacks dont move the story forward and once they are over we are exactly where we are before we viewed it.

As some people already mentioned, we are approaching night, that's where the real fun begins, so lets not delay and get to that point. I wanna see which girl will be the first to sneak up in the MC's bed at night, my bets are on Bree. INB4 you wake up with Helen in your bed.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
The flashbacks are probably there for when the girls tell MC something about their past, rather than 20 pages of dialogue with one still render which most people would ctrl through there will be renders showing what the girls are talking about. The way the update phrases it it's a one off exposition dump, which if the backstories are going to be important to the plot (which they likely are) then the exposition is required.

Shein Shelten

Jan 28, 2019
Ok i will just say it, i am really not a fan of flashbacks. Dont mind them being used for story or character building purposes, but I really don't want to dwell in them too much. I love the game as it is in the present, i dont wanna go back into the past. Leave the excessive flashbacks for shitty movies that end up being made fun on RedLetterMedia where they belong. The game as many have pointed out and as i defended here personally is still in day 1, me defending the slow pacing is not gonna really work when you add on top of that all the flashbacks that will slow the progress even further.
I think flashbacks are a good thing and to a certain extent enhance immersion in the game and its history. Another thing is when devs spend their efforts on really useless stuff, such as dreams, board games and so on. In any case, I agree that it's not worth spending too much effort on this.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoceDoceComoMel
Jan 13, 2023
I think flashbacks are a good thing and to a certain extent enhance immersion in the game and its history. Another thing is when devs spend their efforts on really useless things, such as dreams, board games and so on. In any case, I agree that it's not worth spending too much effort on this.
I completely agree. Everything that does not add up to anything, that is, "cook" the development of the story as well as dreams, stupid games should be avoided. I remember once playing an update from another vn where a sizable chunk was devoted to a tabletop rpg that didn't add shit to the story, I got so frustrated I never played that game again.

Shein Shelten

Jan 28, 2019
I completely agree. Everything that does not add up to anything, that is, "cook" the development of the story as well as dreams, stupid games should be avoided. I remember once playing an update from another vn where a sizable chunk was devoted to a tabletop rpg that didn't add shit to the story, I got so frustrated I never played that game again.
I perfectly understand what kind of game you're talking about, I also meant it. It was impossible to come up with anything stupider and more meaningless than that board game, since it took up a whole update and plot did not move at all, especially since this game does not have and is not expected to have lewd content in the foreseeable future. So this is really an effort to nowhere or just for milking patrons, it cant be compared to the flashbacks that can explain why a particular character has a certain personality or acts in a certain way in the present tense.

Reactions: DoceDoceComoMel
Feb 19, 2023
Helen...:unsure:
Hel...en...:unsure:
Hel...len...:unsure:
View attachment 2603777

WAIT; It's Hell-en
More like Hell-no! :p

I think everything in excess is harmful, the same goes for flashbacks. However, I'm fine with reliving some of the (main) girls' memories, as long as it's done smartly and briefly.
The flashback device would be good for us to understand why Eve is more "closed" and about her hatred against addicts, for example.

You are totally right, I really want to know more about sexy Eve and what makes her tick! We could also get a few more short flashbacks about beautiful Mia too since she's known the MC for such a long time.

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020

Hello, everyone!

This week most of our effort was spent on editing, coding and creating new renders. We also tackled a small scene that's been sitting on the shelf until it was ready to be worked on. It's a small flashback/memory scene. We've been unsure how to approach it until now, but everything's finally coming together smoothly now that all the pieces are in place.

We have several flashbacks planned to show the girls' background stories, the first one being the one in CH04 dedicated to Mia and Player's bracelets. Which makes us wonder, what's your opinion on flashbacks and memories? Do you like getting a glimpse into the characters' pasts, or do you prefer to stay in the present moment?

And moving into next week, we will continue to work on some of the lewd content planned for CH05!

Specials

We published Eve's special render this week, and Sophie's Sith render for May 4th. In case you missed them, you can find them below:

Thanks for reading!

Cheers and have a great weekend,

Robison & Npx
short flashbacks are ok especially if they are important to your story but prefer for it to not be a major part in the story other than maybe giving us insight into why the character is who they are or why they act the way they do. Even then a lot of dev's pour it on thick... I guess think of it in terms of less is more get to the point with the less detailed version of events and let's move the present story forward. Just my two cents but it's your creation do what you will I'll probably still like it.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Helen...:unsure:
Hel...en...:unsure:
Hel...len...:unsure:
View attachment 2603777

WAIT; It's Hell-en
Rumour through the gravevine is that Helen's first Flashback scene will be...

...her remembering the first time she shaved her pubes ...with a lawnmower.

To keep the scene NSFW rather than NSFL, the devs will ensure...

...the catcher's on the lawnmower.

/s

Last edited:

Cabin

Dec 11, 2022
first time in this thread and damn all the girls model look beautiful and sexy. if i try to romance too many girls at the same time will they conflict with one another like in uni and you have to chose one of them or is there no such penalty till now in the game?

4.70 star(s) 273 Votes