4.70 star(s) 273 Votes

Zero-

Mar 22, 2023
Well, I guess if the updates get better in the future, it will be thanks to the developers reading some of my comments here, because if it were for the "majority" that I mention jerico... maybe there would be an update every 5 years.

Regards:coffee:

• Haha
Reactions: Sasanid

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
My personal opinion is going with Option A. Do your game as planned, follow your vision. I've seen a lot of unfinished updates that have been stripped down for the sake of speed, they always seem incomplete and ragged. Usually after this I look at the screen and think: "What the hell was that?"
But you guys definitely need another power rig, it looks like you may end up in a situation where you have completed the development, prepared / posed all the renders and animations, written the code, but ... you still have a large queue of animations and have to wait until they complete.
The main thing here is to strike a balance between schedule updates and the amount of content. Resist the temptation to make the game even bigger, because then the development speed will be delayed and you will not get improvements, and some players will lose interest. According to my personal observations, some players begin to rebel after 9 months of waiting. :ROFLMAO:
Totally. That's why I wrote a couple of weeks ago that introducing even more side LIs was a really bad call. The latest developments do nothing but confirm this: the last thing this game needs is even longer development times because a single second was devoted to a random side character that the players don't care about.
I'd confiscate the MC's phone during the whole camp, not gonna lie :Kappa:

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Well, I guess if the updates get better in the future, it will be thanks to the developers reading some of my comments here, because if it were for the "majority" that I mention jerico... maybe there would be an update every 5 years.
Regards:coffee:
Nothing you think or write here will make this game better. I can't tell if you're actually so egocentric or it's just some sort of sarcasm I didn't quite get.
I don't believe you understood the 2 options properly: either you get an incomplete update with no night content and NO INTIMATE SCENES (whatever they're supposed to be), or you wait longer but get a complete update.
Honestly, I can't understand how anything would think it's a good idea to get an update out where the most anticipated content is left out, like a cliff-hanger. Maybe you should take a second to reassess your self-perceived shrewdness before offending the majority of people who voiced their POV.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I thought of an ending for this game what do you guys think?

At the end of the game the mc wakes up revealing he dreamed about his summer at camp
then he turns over and we see a woman lying under the blankets on his bed.

And he hears in a sweet voice "hey honey what are you doing?"
he responds, " oh I just had a dream about the time I met my beautiful wife."
The mc then goes to kiss her.
And the camera pans out and we see a tuft of jet black hair
The end

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017

At the end of the game the mc wakes up revealing he dreamed about his summer at camp

The end
Since when does Helen have black hair? :unsure:

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017

The end
But before the camera pans out, the mysterious girl (MG) and the MC have a short, endearing conversation:

MG: "Oh, a dream... I hope you left out the sad parts :("
MC: "Of course I did, honey! For example, I didn't dream about what Miller did to Helen, you know, when she disappeared and he cooked those weird-tasting burgers for us?"
MG: "Yeah, I still remember that. Thanks."
MC: "And I didn't dream about that afternoon when Mia stabbed the store girl... What was her name? Becca? Anyway, she stabbed her because she caught wind of my budding relationship and she didn't know I was actually with...
[Abruptly interrupts]
MG: "Yeah, yeah. Thanks for reminding me about that too. Luckily, the girl survived."
MC: "After 100 days in a coma, and now she shits in a bag".
MG: "She now shits in a bag. That's another super nice memory. Thank you again."
MC: "Not at all :) Oh, and you know what wasn't in my dream either? That time I had a threesome with Sophie and Bree, you know, the last night at the house. When you caught us and that made you really mad, and then you went home and..."
MG: "Will you just shut the fuck up, fucking moron??!!"
MC: "But you forgave me, because you love me."
MG: "I forgave you, because I'm an even bigger moron and love you more than anything else in the world. Kiss me!"

The romantic story that made Spielberg cry :cry::love:

Last edited:

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Totally. That's why I wrote a couple of weeks ago that introducing even more side LIs was a really bad call. The latest developments do nothing but confirm this: the last thing this game needs is even longer development times because a single second was devoted to a random side character that the players don't care about.
I'd confiscate the MC's phone during the whole camp, not gonna lie :Kappa:
Yea, I can't be bothered with any of the characters from the tinder-esque app. It's like the MC being served a full-course meal with every flavor you can imagine then deciding he'd rather get Taco Bell every day for the rest of his life. BITCH, WHY?! Almost everyone at the camp is a 10 and you're there looking at your phone.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I don't like how these things always turn into such an extreme dichotomy. It seems like it's either "1 updATe evEry 5 yeaRs" or "UPdaTe everY mONth". All I'm saying is that I don't want something half-assed after such a long dev cycle and I know the devs don't want to make any cuts either. At the same time, I don't like the idea of people getting used to the idea of 1 update per year like it should be the norm.

So, yes. Finish it. Make it good. Make it something you'd be satisfied with. Then learn from what tripped you up so you don't repeat it. I've seen some games that update every 6 months or less with plenty of content while other games that take a year and supposedly have over 4,000 renders each update just seem like a lot of hot air/shit no one cares about/shit only a few people will see if they make the right combination of choices but no substance.

More time/renders doesn't always mean more content. I also really don't think (even with side characters) that Summer Heat could have such complex branches. It just doesn't seem like it's going to get that complicated based on the premise. I think this is a VN where we're knowingly along for the sweet ride and we're just choosing the girl we want riding with us. More renders could make it seem longer but on the flipside, you could just recycle the same set of renders for one scene if it's a conversation and it still feels the same. From what I remember, it just came down to the writing. It was good but there just wasn't a lot for a VN script.

It's their first game. They're learning. They're even setting up a rig dedicated to churning out renders. It could be argued that they had plenty of time to "learn the ropes" but working as a team can be a bitch, man. Especially when you've got a regular day job. Teamwork can make the dream work but it can also be the most inefficient thing ever. That goes double if there's no clear hierarchy even in a two-man team.

They've said this should be a one-time thing because it's like a combination Taco Bell-Pizza Hut update. I really don't think they'll be repeating this again and I honestly don't think they can afford to either. They're not DPC. They haven't garnered enough interest yet. Their only claim to fame right now is having really attractive character models because there just hasn't been a lot that's happened in the story so far.

Although, to be fair. It's been almost 8 months now. If there wasn't this constant, one-dimensional back-and-forth, there would only be posts talking about Mia maybe once a week. I've honestly already forgotten all the characters' names besides Bree, Sophie, and Mia.

Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019
So I've just played this through again for the forth of fifth time and there's still one scene this makes me scratch my head.
Towards the end, after our MC has had fun times with Cass, when he opens the closet/cupboard looking for the shower and it's dark, we get the almost pitch black room and the heartbeat.
So is this supposed to indicate or insinuate to us that our main boy is afraid of the dark? Or have I missed something in that scene and it makes complete sense to everyone else?
I just thought it came off as a little odd...
Also, the future planned tags of 'Horror' and 'Pregnancy' are interesting. So far, loving this game and looking forward to more.

Reactions: Storm X

Frowster

Nov 4, 2022
So I've just played this through again for the forth of fifth time and there's still one scene this makes me scratch my head.
Towards the end, after our MC has had fun times with Cass, when he opens the closet/cupboard looking for the shower and it's dark, we get the almost pitch black room and the heartbeat.
So is this supposed to indicate or insinuate to us that our main boy is afraid of the dark? Or have I missed something in that scene and it makes complete sense to everyone else?
Also, the future planned tags of 'Horror' and 'Pregnancy' are interesting. So far, loving this game and looking forward to more.
My assumption has always been that somebody was hiding in the bathroom and saw everything that went down with Cass, which could have severe repercussions later. The heartbeat in that case would indicate the peeper feeling increasingly panicky as the MC came very close to discovering him/her.

We can only speculate about who it was, but Helen seems to be the obvious candidate. Miller and the other girls were still out at that time, Ms. Hill was tending to Eve and Cass... well, the MC can vouch for her alibi.
Helen also said earlier than she enjoys spying on others so there it is.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Alternatively, Helen is a red herring and it's a character we haven't seen yet and this is part of the setup for the horror elements of the story.

Has the dev announced when they will be dropping the next update?
Not yet.

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
It was a wendigo that snuck in to use MC's bathroom while everyone was out of the house. The panicked heartbeat was because it really had to go because it was Taco Tuesday and the wendigo was all out of matches.

4.70 star(s) 273 Votes