4.70 star(s) 271 Votes

Paynne

Oct 31, 2018

Unlocked

Hello, everyone!
The update is now behind us and production for the next chapter has begun. This week and the next will be spent scripting and readying the scenes. We've also received a lot of great feedback and comments in the survey for CH03, so big thank you for that!

New Environments
We're planning a couple of new environments for the next chapter, which we've begun working on already. Two medium-sized environments, plus a larger one that will play a bigger role in future chapters.

June Special Render
We just ended the poll for the monthly special render, and the winner is Sophie. She will get a special render designed at the end of this month. If you missed the previous two special renders, you can see them here:

Have a great weekend!
Robison & Npx

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018

Unlocked

Hello, everyone!
The update is now behind us and production for the next chapter has begun. This week and the next will be spent scripting and readying the scenes. We've also received a lot of great feedback and comments in the survey for CH03, so big thank you for that!

New Environments
We're planning a couple of new environments for the next chapter, which we've begun working on already. Two medium-sized environments, plus a larger one that will play a bigger role in future chapters.

June Special Render
We just ended the poll for the monthly special render, and the winner is Sophie. She will get a special render designed at the end of this month. If you missed the previous two special renders, you can see them here:

Have a great weekend!
Robison & Npx
Thanks for share. Not want sound pessimistic, but usually new enviroments tend to eat a lot of time (and VRAM) to make. I don't think we can expect ch 4 in the normal 2 months. Good luck to devs

Reactions: LizaS and Northpx

Northpx

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2021
Thanks for share. Not want sound pessimistic, but usually new enviroments tend to eat a lot of time (and VRAM) to make. I don't think we can expect ch 4 in the normal 2 months. Good luck to devs
Hey, this won't impact our development time. There's two of us and that allows us to focus on separate things without slowing things down. So no worries! (y)

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Hey, this won't impact our development time. There's two of us and that allows us to focus on separate things without slowing things down. So no worries! (y)
Good to know. I follow other devs and they usually say that create enviroments can take a lot of time especially if they have little VRAM, that's where my comment came. But is great that you guys are confident. Good work and good rest to you!

Reactions: LizaS and Northpx

triple_aaa

May 29, 2020
Ok, every combinations of words focus on a certain girl. If u wanna focus on Ms. Hill select pizza, being rich, be with my friends and im addicted
The first and last answer isn't as important imo compared to the second and third. This is what I found for other characters:
  1. Bree: Travelling the world, work out.
  2. Eve: Either 'Doing my thing' or 'Happy hopefully', pet stray cats.
  3. Mia: As a photographer, takes photos.
  4. Sophie: Starting a family, be in nature.
  5. Mike: Playing video games, I'm good at it.
Couldn't be bothered to do Helen tbh.

SSJGOD

Nov 7, 2018
The first and last answer isn't as important imo compared to the second and third. This is what I found for other characters:
  1. Bree: Travelling the world, work out.
  2. Eve: Either 'Doing my thing' or 'Happy hopefully', pet stray cats.
  3. Mia: As a photographer, takes photos.
  4. Sophie: Starting a family, be in nature.
  5. Mike: Playing video games, I'm good at it.
Couldn't be bothered to do Helen tbh.
Does Helen even have one?

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Thank god for that. Not that I mind extra time to develop this beautiful project but the playtime makes me cry because it flies by in an instant, even at a slow/medium read speed.

I'd take more dev time no problem, but you guys have to boost that playtime numbers.

Jan 24, 2018
The only way for the dev team to significantly increase playtime is to either, for example, lower the quality of the renders to increase output, adjust the update interval to increase playtime, which results in us waiting longer for updates. Since I would like to see the render quality stay at the level, I am more inclined to say that they lower the update frequency so that more content is playable.

Reactions: pantypriv and LizaS

pantypriv

Oct 9, 2021
I'm quite patient, so I'd go for longer updates playtime-wise, instead of more frequent updates but with only a few scenes.
Depends though, if there is say...6 months or more between updates the crowd might become restless :sneaky:

Ideally, one would like one chapter per updates, as that would be more tidy, but at this quality that might not be possible without loooong waiting times, so perhaps half a chapter is (y)

Reactions: LizaS

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
I still defend the bi-monthly releases. Bigger updates with longer development time is, in fact, a luxury for few devs. Devs that already has a larger support provided by a larger and established audience that allow them keep working in a release for many months without have a major negative impact on support. And i don't thik Naughty Fox are in this level yet.

Anyone who consider himself patient enough to wait months for more playtime could easily use this patience to skip 3-4 bi-monthly releases and then play 3-4 chapters in a row (which is what i'm doing after play chapter 1) - a win-win situation if you ask me - instead of ask for devs to take a approach that right now potentialy can bring more damage than benefit for them.

SSJGOD

Nov 7, 2018
I still defend the bi-monthly releases. Bigger updates with longer development time is, in fact, a luxury for few devs. Devs that already has a larger support provided by a larger and established audience that allow them keep working in a release for many months without have a major negative impact on support. And i don't thik Naughty Fox are in this level yet.

Anyone who consider himself patient enough to wait months for more playtime could easily use this patience to skip 3-4 bi-monthly releases and then play 3-4 chapters in a row (which is what i'm doing after play chapter 1) - a win-win situation if you ask me - instead of ask for devs to take a approach that right now potentialy can bring more damage than benefit for them.

I think they should keep their updates short but good for now. There are other devs who kept their updates small and it brought much more exposure to their content everytime they would update. And then maybe later on they cold expand.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
I think they should keep their updates short but good for now. There are other devs who kept their updates small and it brought much more exposure to their content everytime they would update. And then maybe later on they cold expand.
That's exactly what i think, too.

Reactions: SSJGOD
4.70 star(s) 271 Votes