4.70 star(s) 271 Votes

Paynne

Oct 31, 2018

Hello, everyone!
This week we spent a lot of time working with Eve. Including her special render, which we usually don't mention in the status updates outside of the occasional link in other news. The specials are always a little fun project to work on at the end of the month alongside the normal game renders. Something different. Not entirely canon either, but they could be—especially after the events of SH.

After the Eve scene is done there's only one scene left until we can finally wrap up the render content for this update. Plus any fixes Robison digs up while playtesting, like the mole he is.

Audio
Robison finished the audio setup screen this week. It features a couple of sliders and default buttons to set up your volumes in the beginning of the game. This will be stored in the persistent data so you only need to do it once, and those who continue their saves will be unaffected. It's mostly for new players.

We also found a random bug in CH05 where the volume of a sound effect was about 10x louder than it was supposed to be, which made for a nice little jump scare. It was pretty easy to miss and slipped through testing several times. In case you're curious, you can find it in the Kate scene after you shower, as long as you've been good to Eve too.

Progress bars

We had a very friendly fan this week asking about the progress numbers and why they move so slowly, and his conclusion seemed to be that we're evil incarnate. Or something close to it. But in case you're also wondering, the answer is that they're our shitty estimations. And you shouldn't make your own shitty estimations based on our shitty estimations. Even we don't know exactly when the updates will be done, but 100% means done. Not sooner than that.

It's like the previous update and its glorious swan header that filled in with color slowly over time. Really, really slowly towards the end. I'm sure someone cringes at the memory of those last percentages, like we do... It just seems like the last 20% or so always take the longest.

Maybe we just suck at estimating, which makes it hard for you to interpret our progress. That's our bad. We're not sure how to remedy that for the next development cycle... No progress bars? More progress bars?! An overall percentage? Go back to the old lists...?

Opinions welcome.

Other news

May's special featuring Eve and her thick thighs dropped earlier today!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Cheers and have a comfy weekend!

Robison & Npx

ForgottenTraveler

Nov 30, 2023

Hello, everyone!
This week we spent a lot of time working with Eve. Including her special render, which we usually don't mention in the status updates outside of the occasional link in other news. The specials are always a little fun project to work on at the end of the month alongside the normal game renders. Something different. Not entirely canon either, but they could be—especially after the events of SH.

After the Eve scene is done there's only one scene left until we can finally wrap up the render content for this update. Plus any fixes Robison digs up while playtesting, like the mole he is.

Audio
Robison finished the audio setup screen this week. It features a couple of sliders and default buttons to set up your volumes in the beginning of the game. This will be stored in the persistent data so you only need to do it once, and those who continue their saves will be unaffected. It's mostly for new players.

We also found a random bug in CH05 where the volume of a sound effect was about 10x louder than it was supposed to be, which made for a nice little jump scare. It was pretty easy to miss and slipped through testing several times. In case you're curious, you can find it in the Kate scene after you shower, as long as you've been good to Eve too.

Progress bars

We had a very friendly fan this week asking about the progress numbers and why they move so slowly, and his conclusion seemed to be that we're evil incarnate. Or something close to it. But in case you're also wondering, the answer is that they're our shitty estimations. And you shouldn't make your own shitty estimations based on our shitty estimations. Even we don't know exactly when the updates will be done, but 100% means done. Not sooner than that.

It's like the previous update and its glorious swan header that filled in with color slowly over time. Really, really slowly towards the end. I'm sure someone cringes at the memory of those last percentages, like we do... It just seems like the last 20% or so always take the longest.

Maybe we just suck at estimating, which makes it hard for you to interpret our progress. That's our bad. We're not sure how to remedy that for the next development cycle... No progress bars? More progress bars?! An overall percentage? Go back to the old lists...?

Opinions welcome.

Other news

May's special featuring Eve and her thick thighs dropped earlier today!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Cheers and have a comfy weekend!

Robison & Npx
Screenshot 2024-05-31 173911.png

Supergamer11

May 10, 2021
I apologize if this was stated at some point previously but how much of the in game day is supposed to be played out in this update? Also It may just be the anticipation but I feel like this update is taking longer than the previous. But I could be totally mislead in that feeling.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
I apologize if this was stated at some point previously but how much of the in game day is supposed to be played out in this update? Also It may just be the anticipation but I feel like this update is taking longer than the previous. But I could be totally mislead in that feeling.
Not yet, but seems like will really take almost the same amount of time the last update, despite they said this update will be shorter than previous one. Really disappointment after the slog of last dev cycle and the whole talk/promisse about "next update will be shorter and faster"
Again, good riddance to everyone who complaint about the first updates and pressure devs until they change their development approach. You just turn this the #1354678 game that updates once for year.

Sweet Force

May 18, 2017
In previous updates the problem was that the statuses said practically nothing, every week the status update says: "Hello, we are making great progress and everything is going perfectly", that is why the progress bars were chosen to obtain more details but if you don't know using them in my opinion is worse. Using the bars to estimate should be (in the case of the render bar): "We have to make 8 scenes for this 0.6, okay, every time we finish a scene, we increase the render bar by 12.5%."
In the public's dream, the ideal would be for them to know the number of renders they have to do before starting, but I find that very difficult, especially because developers always add extra scenes.
If estimating progress is not your strong point, you should go back to the previous formula, otherwise people are going to complain about a 1% progress or now a 0.1% progress, because in 4 months 90% of the renders were made and the missing 10% is taking longer than the 5 minutes for namek (Namekku-sei) to explode.
We must also not forget that this update was going to be shorter and arrive in less time, never say that again if you cannot fulfill it, because you are giving the opportunity to complaints

thebowkid

Mar 12, 2018
Bro what is the point of the progress bar, it looks like they are doing 1% per week now... it is pretty obvious that they are making numbers up by now... If this update is even shorter than the last one then this will take 10+ years to complete...

Kakasan

May 23, 2023
Bro what is the point of the progress bar, it looks like they are doing 1% per week now... it is pretty obvious that they are making numbers up by now... If this update is even shorter than the last one then this will take 10+ years to complete...
If I'm not mistaken, it was the subscribers who chose to have more content time, it's better to have 1500/3000 renders than to have 600/900,But they are taking a long time for a short update.

Reactions: PrivilegedCholo
4.70 star(s) 271 Votes