4.60 star(s) 302 Votes

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Show me five games where the Abandoned tag of F95 had an effect on games who aren't really abandoned. We had plenty games where the tag appeared and the dev's where active on their Discord and fundraising sites. After a while a new update came out, as the dev's always promised, and their backers were fine with it.

There's one case where F95 ignored their own rules: Bare Witness. By rules it had to get the tag but since one of the F95 higher ups is friends with the devs they let it slide. Everyone knew AlterWorlds worked on this project, but by the rules of F95 that doesn't care. In other cases many players and the backers knew too the certain devs were working on their project and the release takes more time as they get by F95 tag rules. The tag appeared but that doesn't change anything. In one case there was even a Patreon message when a new update comes out. The date was literally three days after the "F95 deadline". Said game had this tag for a week until it was leaked here.

In short: the Abandoned tag is a good thing, I don't question it. But F95 doesn't have the impact on devs that the pirate bubble believes. I think five years ago it might be a powerful site for this genre. But by now it's more the Discord bubble, the Steam buyers, Reddit (I know it's a shit place), and the backer crowd. There's a reason why so many devs left this place. Mostly because of the toxicity towards them, but also because they learned there're better ways to promote their game.

And with all that knowing, I'm sure Naughty Fox Games doesn't give a shit about the whining here. Don't get me wrong, I too think this update is a disappointment. But look at their Discord. There's no discussion. Some Guests who're obviously not backers of them are complaining, but it's just a hand full, and the very most backers disagree.
No? I'm not your servant. Here's what you do, sort games by abandoned then pick a random 10-20 games and look up the devs on graphtreon. Happy to help.

The only audience who matters to devs is the audience who pays them. As long as the backers don't complain, it's all good.
You're saying this on a page where someone has already listed several examples of backers complaining btw, just wanted to point that out because you must have missed it.

Last edited:

BrNexon

May 17, 2024
Man I saw the game getting a new update and got pumped about it but then i played it and saw how short the update is after all this time and it's not looking good.
That sounds not good hoo! What's the file size? I don't wanna mention other game name in ths thread but in last 6 months other 2 game developers released very disappointed shorter version updates just like you got less that 15 minutes of new clip to watch/play. But, if the update version s more than 499MB. Then consider, there s something worth in update and that s worth playing for fans and followers of the Game.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Not sure if the devs had any similar negative feedback before, but it does make me feel a bit bad for them. Can't imagine reading all that from the people that support your endeavor. Hopefully it serves as a good reality check, and they change their development strategy instead of doubling down on “whatever happened with the current update”. That is, if the project is not just an elaborate cash cow, but something they'd like to complete and be proud of.
I don't at all- sure in a vacuum it sounds harsh; but you gotta consider they're taking in maybe ~6-7 grand a month from this. If someone's getting paid at the rate of a full time job and coming up short on the deliverables, any adult would expect strong censure from their boss/customers.

In fact, based on historical trends for AVNs, i'd say these backlashes aren't severe enough since often they don't create an inflection point in the development cycle and the slide continues.

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
I would be lying if I said that all this fuss is not interesting. It really more interesting to watch the comments, Some people are unhappy with the updates, while others praise the developer...

at this rate, my brain can't figure out who is right. 1000212712.gif

legend_shon

Mar 17, 2018
dev "ty" for 2023 ultra tilt vibes, when in 10th badik there were no content with elena heather and sally, although it was leading to it in 9th. and now 5th SummerHeat was a bomb, replayed it a few times, and now its 6th...its not even 5.5, its 4.2 SH update, if you know what was in 5th. i want to forget this.

dont recommend to play to anyone,

but probably its too late. He could just make progress scenes not with all girls like it was in 5th, at least with a 2-3, but he just made half-ass with all (not even all) story, and let it hang.
at least he could warn, apologise and make it 5.5 so we could wait...

All "6" update could be perfect, there was same start as in 5th, some plot with all girls alternately, same alternately ending with their h-scenes. with this ambience, it was like to watch "Lost" series. oh god...

Ass prefer

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2022
I would be lying if I said that all this fuss is not interesting. It really more interesting to watch the comments, Some people are unhappy with the updates, while others praise the developer...

at this rate, my brain can't figure out who is right. View attachment 3960444
I think you can complain if you paid the money, but do it where you paid the money. If you got everything for free, then you don't have to feel anger or sadness. Personally, I'm almost satisfied. although I agree that it is not enough

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

at this rate, my brain can't figure out who is right. View attachment 3960444
Just the same shit (often from the same people) after every update of a game that is leaked here. Regardless of the VN...

BrNexon

May 17, 2024
Not sure if the devs had any similar negative feedback before, but it does make me feel a bit bad for them. Can't imagine reading all that from the people that support your endeavor. Hopefully it serves as a good reality check, and they change their development strategy instead of doubling down on “whatever happened with the current update”. That is, if the project is not just an elaborate cash cow, but something they'd like to complete and be proud of.
Dedicated Developers will always go with their fans and followers. And I have seen many freelance developers who had been working superb in their 1st project as well as all their development projects. These kind of developers are tagged as superb and unchanged..they want to show something realistic, something different through their work..I won't mention some of superb devs.name here who been worked brilliantly in their first project and after that too Truly genuinely ginius! Once you made a hallmark/ trademark on your first project, devs would definitely got a good fame..and money ll be coming as flow..

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
No? I'm not your servant. Here's what you do, sort games by abandoned then pick a random 10-20 games and look up the devs on graphtreon. Happy to help.
No, that's not how it works. You have made an assertion. You must then be able to prove it. You can't just make an assertion without evidence and then shout “google it yourself”.

Furthermore, we were talking about games that are NOT Abandoned, but about those that received this tag and then continued to receive updates.

You're saying this on a page where someone has already listed several examples of backers complaining btw, just wanted to point that out because you must have missed it.
Well, it's from a Public post. Everyone can write there. Even I and I'm not a backer of them. You just need to follow them and can write anything you want into the commentary section of said post.

Reactions: Jericho85

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
No, that's not how it works. You have made an assertion. You must then be able to prove it. You can't just make an assertion without evidence and then shout “google it yourself”.
Need I remind you that it is you who made claims without backing them up first?
It doesn't. Summertime Saga is a prime example. It's one of the worst shit I've ever seen and yet it's the most succesful game. No matter how much people here bitch about it. The F95 Abandoned tag had literally no impact. Sure, pirates love to believe they can change things, but they can't.
You're not a hypocrite are you? Source your claims before you ask other people to.
Well, it's from a Public post. Everyone can write there. Even I and I'm not a backer of them. You just need to follow them and can write anything you want into the commentary section of said post.
You're welcome to look at their discord where you can see people complaining who have backer tags. It would literally take you 10 seconds. And they are there because it's the first place I checked.

Reactions: hawk784563
4.60 star(s) 302 Votes