4.60 star(s) 304 Votes

Naps-On-Dirt

Dec 7, 2023
My only complaint about the update was I guess a plot/writing issue. The MC's reaction and choices thereof when Ms Hill tells him she's sending him home are severely lacking. I guess the dev decided to do it this way just to move the plot along, but seriously. The MC was brought to the strip club, not quite against his will but certainly not by choice. The other "responsible adult" told him to come, and then -abandoned- this underage male in a fucking strip club, where an off duty cop (also a "responsible adult") and a hot blonde chick fed him drinks. The thought that Ms Hill could try to place any blame on the MC is rediculous. We should have been given the choice to laugh in her face and reverse the threat. Not neccessarily maliciously, but they'd be in so much more trouble if the MC wanted to make an issue out of it.

There should have been an option to just negate her threat with a counter-threat of NOT shutting up about what happened. I'm sure in the next update or the one after there'll be some other plot reason to not send him home because this was just a plot device, its just not a well reasoned one. But it annoyed me enough that I was further annoyed by not being given choices later to refuse to participate in the class and afternoon activities. If I was in that situation (and for some reason I was keeping my mouth shut about it, but as it is written now I wouldn't be) I'd be a pile of sandbags on the couch, fuck your activities if I'm being sent away for a situation that I was in no way responsible for or had any control over.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
It's good to see that their Patreon is not an echo chamber of Yes-men.

~
Now some information about the game data
I checked the game archives and unpacked them, as I said earlier. Renders in 1920x1080, he didn't increase the resolution.
The only difference is the animations:
- Chapter 5 has 10 animations, 46.3 mb in size, with total lenght of 33 seconds.
- Chapter 6 has 15 animations 116 MB in size, and have a total length of 90 seconds.
All animations are in 60 FPS, both in this chapter and in the previous ones. Now let's count by renders. Each frame of animation is a separate render. In chapter 5, there are 60x33 = 1980 renders for animations. In chapter 6, it is 60x90 = 5400 renders for animations.

Add to that the static renders and calculate the total number of frames for each of these two episodes together.
Episode 5 :~3600+ 1980 = 5580 frames
Episode 6: 1800 + 5400 = 7200 frames.
It turns out that thanks to extra 60 seconds of animations, this episode was heavier than the previous one by almost a third. That's right, animation rendering is the most thankless job in DAZ. Now the reason for such a drop in the development rate is clear to me, but it's still a weak excuse for R&N, who with their income from Patreon can buy a couple more powerful PCs for animations.
1.PNG
UPD: according to bitsybobs3 data:
not all 15 animations are in 60 FPS., with his data correction 6540 frames in 0.6 total.

Last edited:

TonyMurray

Formerly 'mintymuz'
Apr 8, 2024
This is after u get drunk and go to sleep it says mom is texting me I should reply fast or something like that. Its first time mom is texting the caracter
I understand the mod is causing the problem you're having. The mod hasn't been updated, and if you use an outdated mod with a new game update, it can cause issues. Uninstall the mod and play the scene again, and it should allow you to reply and move on.

Bobbos

Jun 27, 2017
You might want to look up how animations in DAZ work.
Because it sounds like you think that every single animation frame has to be created manually by hand which is not the case for DAZ where key frames are being used.

Here a video
The guy made a simple 3 second animation in a 7 minute video while explaining how to do it.

flarigand

May 7, 2020
Because it sounds like you think that every single animation frame has to be created manually by hand which is not the case for DAZ where key frames are being used.

Here a video
The guy made a simple 3 second animation in a 7 minute video while explaining how to do it.
No sane human being would make an animation with Daz3D, less if we count the technical level of these developers (They are not rookies, it can be seen from the first renders you see in their VN's)

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022

~
I checked the game archives and unpacked them, as I said earlier. Renders in 1920x1080, he didn't increase the resolution.
- Chapter 5 has 10 animations, 46.3 mb in size, with total lenght of 33 seconds.
- Chapter 6 has 15 animations 116 MB in size, and have a total length of 90 seconds.
All animations are in 60 FPS, both in this chapter and in the previous ones. Now let's count by renders. Each frame of animation is a separate render. In chapter 5, there are 60x33 = 1980 renders for animations. In chapter 6, it is 60x90 = 5400 renders for animations.

Add to that the static renders and calculate the total number of frames for each of these two episodes together.
It turns out that thanks to extra 60 seconds of animations, this episode was heavier than the previous one by almost a third. That's right, animation rendering is the most thankless job in DAZ. Now the reason for such a drop in the development rate is clear to me, but it's still a weak excuse for R&N, who with their income from Patreon can buy a couple more powerful PCs for animations.
View attachment 3960910
TBF, those are comments on a public post so any one of us can comment on it, patron or no. Could just as well be a handful of F95ers airing their grievances. Who know what the patrons are saying for sure.

Either way, the development time doesn't matter to me. I'm a firm believer that the dev should work at their own pace and that delays an unexpected challenges happen. Though I do agree that Devs should invest back into their project. If the bottleneck is truly render time, then a couple 4090 rigs should speed things up. Assuming their wives don't yell at them over the new energy bill :ROFLMAO:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

Here a video
I know how animation works in DAZ. The engine processes each frame one by one, processing the lighting until the quality specified by the author is achieved. Further in this tutorial, he showed the procedure for preparing for rendering - posing. This is a simple tutorial on how to make a primitive animation with a static background. So your statement that he made the animation in 7 minutes is incorrect. He showed the preparation process and the final result, skipping the rendering procedure, which could take... a whole day.
You can pose your animation for a few minutes if it's simple, or a couple of hours if it's more complex, and wait forever for the rendering to complete.

Reactions: Jericho85

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
TBF, those are comments on a public post so any one of us can comment on it, patron or no. Could just as well be a handful of F95ers airing their grievances. Who know what the patrons are saying for sure.

Either way, the development time doesn't matter to me. I'm a firm believer that the dev should work at their own pace and that delays an unexpected challenges happen. Though I do agree that Devs should invest back into their project. If the bottleneck is truly render time, then a couple 4090 rigs should speed things up. Assuming their wives don't yell at them over the new energy bill :ROFLMAO:
The main complaint was not about the development time, but about productivity. A halving of the update size with the same development time raised questions and I decided to dig deeper, conduct my own investigation. The complaints about the update remain valid: it is weaker than 0.5, both in content and in the development of the plot and relationships with the characters. But I am sure that R&N are not scammers thanks to what I discovered. Powerful rig with RTX4090 is really what they need - animations eat up most of the computing power during rendering. I am even sure that doing them in 60 FPS is a questionable decision.

shubrate

Jul 28, 2020
I supported this game when it first came out. After the short update they released after the first release, I ended my subscription in disappointment and warned others here that this is a clear money milking scam. After a while my comment here was even deleted (by the devs?). Oh, well, this shit was obvious from the beginning.

flaviopaganini

Feb 25, 2024
I supported this game when it first came out. After the short update they released after the first release, I ended my subscription in disappointment and warned others here that this is a clear money milking scam. After a while my comment here was even deleted (by the devs?). Oh, well, this shit was obvious from the beginning.
You can't complain about them from the first release to the second chapter; why did you think that?

Chev1955

Nov 19, 2021
The devs don't have the authority to delete anyone's post; it's the mods who handle this.

NathanD7

Jun 30, 2018

~

View attachment 3960910
IMO they really dont need to animate at 60fps. There are people on here that easily interpolate frames from 30 to 60. I even have a pirated app that can easily interpolate anything to higher frame rates. The animations being that long too and at 60 frames is just a waste of time. They have to optimize their workflows.

Reactions: mma456

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021

~

View attachment 3960910
Would it take much longer to render images in 4K?

AMVN209

Feb 18, 2024
only one "solid" update and it was the fifth one, the ones before that were very short updates, they have to improve, they have incredible talent and narratively they were good until they went to this format of 10 months per update and the truth is no longer worth it shame, narratively they are not getting anywhere
Considering that the first four took only 2-3 months each, I'd call them solid for their length.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 304 Votes