4.40 star(s) 30 Votes

Rexermus

Nov 18, 2023

This is going to be the first iteration of a segment solely dedicated to reporting the progress I've been able to make regarding the next update release. I'm sure I'll make some changes in the future when it comes to the layout. But I think this will suffice for now.

View attachment 4085542

I've actually been able to finish two big scenes this first week after the 0.50 release, despite focusing mostly on bug fixing, preparing the patch and talking to other devs regarding ideas for cross promotions in the future. So yeah, things are going rather well so far. Now that the patch has been released, I will be able to fully focus on the 0.60 update from tomorrow on (Monday, September 30th).

My way of doing things prevents me from sharing the exact numbers of renders needed because... well... even I don't know exactly how many I'm going to need in the end, haha. So I will just refer to full scenes that have been finished, rather than an exact amount of renders.

Even though it's not meant to be taken too seriously, should the "Stress level" indicator reach "Critical", I will have to take one or two days off for the sake of my mental health. I became somewhat of a workaholic since I started this dev journey. There's so much stuff to do, even besides developing the game itself, it gets pretty crazy sometimes.

I will incorporate the progress report into the news segment from now on to keep things a bit more tidy.

----------------------------------------------------------
Even though Flip is using the stress level indicator as fairly comedic, i feel like it's actually a fairly important detail. Knowing if a devs mental health is in a bad spot is a pretty good indicator of how much/well they're going to do their work, also allows us to offer mental health support

Sep 27, 2020

This is going to be the first iteration of a segment solely dedicated to reporting the progress I've been able to make regarding the next update release. I'm sure I'll make some changes in the future when it comes to the layout. But I think this will suffice for now.

View attachment 4085542

I've actually been able to finish two big scenes this first week after the 0.50 release, despite focusing mostly on bug fixing, preparing the patch and talking to other devs regarding ideas for cross promotions in the future. So yeah, things are going rather well so far. Now that the patch has been released, I will be able to fully focus on the 0.60 update from tomorrow on (Monday, September 30th).

My way of doing things prevents me from sharing the exact numbers of renders needed because... well... even I don't know exactly how many I'm going to need in the end, haha. So I will just refer to full scenes that have been finished, rather than an exact amount of renders.

Even though it's not meant to be taken too seriously, should the "Stress level" indicator reach "Critical", I will have to take one or two days off for the sake of my mental health. I became somewhat of a workaholic since I started this dev journey. There's so much stuff to do, even besides developing the game itself, it gets pretty crazy sometimes.

I will incorporate the progress report into the news segment from now on to keep things a bit more tidy.

----------------------------------------------------------
FlipDaShit I know you feel its memey to put a stress level indicator but its actually a really important thing. A lot of devs do not clearly communicate with their audience about their mental state. Its much much better for you to let supporters know that you are stressed and take a week break early rather than push thru. When you push thru stress increases multiplicatively NOT linearly. A lot of devs get so stressed they get cooked in the head and stop dev altogether.

take care of yourself X3 (✿˶’◡˘)♡

4.40 star(s) 30 Votes