Ren'Py Summer MC: That Time I Found a Magic Hypno Book [v0.14] [Hypnoink]

3.90 star(s) 16 Votes

ASTI

Jan 4, 2018
Man I think you should specify in your patreon that the game is free and will remain free because games like these usually work within a legal grey zone.

Also is there a possibility for a sort of kinder route ? Ayako explaining how she actually used to really admire and was there for the MC while hypnotized feels like it could have been a great opportunity to swerve into a different type of story about the MC actually being the person he once was.

Neat update !

ahsdaihshes

Feb 25, 2022
How would you update the game? do you just download the new version and have it replace the old one? Or is there a special way to update it.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
How am I supposed to raise appearance? I have it at 11 and it won't go up.
I think maybe it got there by running but I am not sure.
The Custom Art featuring Ayako and Momo! They say running in the park viewing the sunset fills you with pleasure, you should check it out!
I have been unable to meet those two in the park

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I haven't played this version yet, but I believe that's referring to the "hidden" images that are unlocked by clicking certain spots when in certain scenes. Go to the park in the afternoon and there will probably be a hidden image for you to click, which will unlock it in the gallery. ...I think. If I'm remembering right.

• Red Heart
Reactions: HypnoInk
May 15, 2021
I haven't played this version yet, but I believe that's referring to the "hidden" images that are unlocked by clicking certain spots when in certain scenes. Go to the park in the afternoon and there will probably be a hidden image for you to click, which will unlock it in the gallery. ...I think. If I'm remembering right.
i've tried but it didnt work

Famratty

Oct 22, 2020
I need help im stuck with plus 100 stats on both ayako tamako but I don't know how to do anything else. Only running with ayako and dedicated training with tamako so someone pls tell me what do.

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
I need help im stuck with plus 100 stats on both ayako tamako but I don't know how to do anything else. Only running with ayako and dedicated training with tamako so someone pls tell me what do.
When you look at the Stats menu, does it say there is no more content for this version for each character? If no, are you using the hints you get what you are missing? Do you know if the hints are not working you can go to your computer to reset the hints to try to fix it? Good luck.

• Red Heart
Reactions: HypnoInk and mrttao

Famratty

Oct 22, 2020
When you look at the Stats menu, does it say there is no more content for this version for each character? If no, are you using the hints you get what you are missing? Do you know if the hints are not working you can go to your computer to reset the hints to try to fix it? Good luck.
Um no it does not say that there no more content and hints are not an option and yes I'm using the 0.6 version I'm really stuck though I've played for literal hours

HypnoInk

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2018
oh good lorsh I hope the xp/amount of corruption/love/hypno was shortened to get to next events/levels, it was alot.

cant wait for more updates:D(y)...

...(NO I MEAN LITERALLY, NEXT UPDATE BETTER BE IN 30 SECONDS WITH LOTS OF BRAND NEW FEATURES AND CONTINUEING OF STORY:mad::mad::mad:)
I believe it's a lot better now, hope it's a more enjoyable experience now.

I wish I could work that quickly :cry:

Reactions: ymudds

HypnoInk

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2018
Man I think you should specify in your patreon that the game is free and will remain free because games like these usually work within a legal grey zone.

Also is there a possibility for a sort of kinder route ? Ayako explaining how she actually used to really admire and was there for the MC while hypnotized feels like it could have been a great opportunity to swerve into a different type of story about the MC actually being the person he once was.

Neat update !
Thanks for the heads up! It does sound like a good idea.

Damn it would be a nice route, but right now I can't picture working on an alternate story line u.u

Reactions: ASTI

HypnoInk

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2018
How would you update the game? do you just download the new version and have it replace the old one? Or is there a special way to update it.
That's correct, the save files should carry over. As a precaution I wouldn't delete the previous version until you start the new one.

HypnoInk

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2018
How am I supposed to raise appearance? I have it at 11 and it won't go up.
I think maybe it got there by running but I am not sure.

It's raised by different actions, for now you can only improve it by running. Running will improve it 10 points at max.

That's correct, kinda... The Custom Art images in the gallery are "hidden" in the map. The idea is for you to explore using the "hint" as an starting point.

If you just want to see it:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

^^ Do let me know if it doesn't unlock after trying the above. That would be a bug.

HypnoInk

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2018
I'm sorry to hear that. Let's try to work it out. First off, did you complete all the content that was available until v0.5? That would mean that you have seen the Christmas event and that you completed the introduction for Natsumi.

If not, what have you seen with each character? In order to know at what point in the game you are.

Technically you don't need more than around 30 points in all the stats to see all the content to date.

Um no it does not say that there no more content and hints are not an option and yes I'm using the 0.6 version I'm really stuck though I've played for literal hours
Do your hints tell you that they aren't working?

You say they are not an option so I suppose you are using a previous save file that wasn't up to date with all the content in v0.5.

For now, if you still feel like playing, please tell me what scenes you have unlocked in the replay menu.

I'm sorry it hasn't been a good experience to play. But I'm here to help.

Reactions: forbiddentwo

Fuscen

Dec 21, 2020
Currently, this game is in too early a state for cohesive opinions. Regardless, I have some minor suggestions:

Lightweight as it may be, I still quite like what the game has to offer. Best of luck with future developments!

sagara_souma

Feb 23, 2019
any update?
The Patreon has some updates posted recently that imply they're almost done with the next update. They've had a poll about some art that's concluded, so I'm guessing it's coming soon. The problem is that all of this is behind Patreon's paywall, so I can't see more than the first line or two of any of these posts to tell you more detailed information.

Reactions: L12@ and FFTW

HypnoInk

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2018
The newest update has been released over on ! It will be available for everyone in 1 week.

You can check out the changelog here:

On this update I'm testing out a Mac version, I can't test it myself but do let me know if something doesn't work.

3.90 star(s) 16 Votes