Ren'Py Summer MC: That Time I Found a Magic Hypno Book [v0.14] [Hypnoink]

3.90 star(s) 16 Votes

HypnoInk

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2018
Bookmarked! I always love mind control games so this one look like it got lot of potential, hope and wish Dev the best with the project
Can't wait to see more updates in the future
Thank you so much! I'll try to deliver my best.

HypnoInk

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2018
Done with the demo, it was a very nice start of the story. I wonder will we got MC real mom in the future updates as Love interest?
Thank you! But I'm sorry to tell you I won't add the real mom as a love interest.

HypnoInk

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2018
Please be good, please be good...

Well crap, that's not a good sign.

Yeah, "fist language" should be "first language". Not the best "fist impression", haha. I'll give it a shot anyway, though.
Yeah I just noticed TT.TT. I posted this late at night, so it slipped my mind.

HypnoInk

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2018
Okay, a few minutes in (literally just two or three minutes, I haven't gotten anywhere yet) and the writing is definitely better than the "fist impression" I expected. Often, when a game is posted on here by someone who's not a native English speaker, it's because they just use short sentences and don't consider the writing to be a very important part of the game. And if the writing isn't considered important in a game about mind control, that means the MC is just a quick excuse for generic sex, which I'm not interested in. But so far it definitely doesn't seem like you're half-assing the text to get to "the good parts", so that concern is quashed.

I haven't actually gotten anywhere yet, though, because I've already found three "mistakes" and wanted to post them while they're still fresh in my mind. First, when the protagonist says "I won't have to keep appearances", he should say "I won't have to keep up appearances". Second is when the character says, "Maybe it won't be as any other summer, uh." "It won't be as any other Summer" sounds a bit strange, although it's technically a correct sentence. It would sound a bit more normal as "It won't be the same as any other Summer". But I feel the "uh" is actually the bigger problem here, as people usually only say that in English if they're confused about something, like, "Uhhhhh... What?" I think what you were going for is usually written as "huh" instead of "uh". Out of curiosity, what's your native language? I've seen another game where someone used "uh" and "eh" instead of "huh" and "heh", and I've always wondered what language they're used to that usually leaves the "H" sound off of those words.

The most noticeable mistake so far, however, has been "feel yourself at home". This should be "make yourself at home".

Edit: Another obvious one. "Sended" should be "sent". ("Your parents sended everything earlier today.") I might not be able to point out any more, since stopping to keep track does get in the way of actually playing the game.
Thanks for pointing all of that out! It's a great help. I'll be sure to correct it in the future.

To answer your question, my native language is Spanish, although I'm not sure if that's the reason I wrote it like that. But now that you pointed it out, "huh" is definitely the expression I was going for.

Reactions: moedhk

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Thank you! But I'm sorry to tell you I won't add the real mom as a love interest.
Sad! Oh well, hope that we at least got lot of Milfs to have fun with in the future updates. Beside the langue barrier and dialogue errors it was a good start so can't wait for more

Reactions: HypnoInk

Anem

Dec 27, 2017
Really nice intro. Will you be making a discord Server? Also if you like I could help with correcting spelling etc in the future updates, I like supporting promising games!

loikl

Feb 14, 2018
The corruption and harem tags are missing ... I hope that in the future it has those contents.

Good luck to the dev.(y)

Ilikecorruption

Oct 10, 2020
This is amazing, i love the premise and that you start with someone who's already corrupted instead of the standard naked/hand job/oral/vaginal/anal levels. I think you're really creating something new with the genre and look forward to seeing what you're going to do next.

Reactions: heroes88ita

heroes88ita

Jun 13, 2017
mind control....good!very good!
hope to see some anal with hipnosys
the graphik sems ok...i'll come back with the next update my promising friend

Legoguy

Aug 6, 2020
I'm looking forward to this one, hopefully doesn't take long or isn't just abandoned like the other projects I've been excited about (also not that many spelling mistakes that I could noticed so far, that's always a good sign)

Reactions: HypnoInk

Fzoner95

Oct 13, 2017
I want to make it like sandbox game where you improve certain stats for the girls and then unlock scenes. As of now, I'm not looking into adding more girls. Kinda want a quality over quantity type of game.
Well, you started off with a lot of control over a major character ...

3.90 star(s) 16 Votes