4.70 star(s) 146 Votes

RossoX

Jun 3, 2021
"Today I completed the summoning process for the Ichinose family. At the same time, the maximum number of people in each room has been increased, allowing more people to exist than before. I'll work on the beta version tomorrow...maybe. do one's best."

by ikeda on twitter
I'd be great if we can summon the mom to the girl's rooms, and the girls to the mom's room. This is of vital importance!

Lewyn Collins

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2021
Now that I think of it, I remember that months ago there was some kind of mysterious new girl. I remember we theorized that it might be the mother. Do we know who the mysterious girl is already or not?

Jason2

Jun 24, 2019
I hate the track girls minigame. So guess that's someone I'll never get to see the scenes for.
not to be rude bro, but this one is incredibly simple even without translation. Fishing and Dishes minigames are a bit more difficult but not by much.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Btw ive read in a past Ci-en article that there will be an official translation of winter memories.Do we have any more info about that?

Lewyn Collins

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2021
Btw ive read in a past Ci-en article that there will be an official translation of winter memories.Do we have any more info about that?
Yes. The translation team will be Kagura Games, as the developer was deeply satisfied with their work on Summer Memories. In fact, Summer Memories is one of their best sellers, so you can expect they will give Winter Memories some priority over other games.

Reactions: RossoX

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Yes. The translation team will be Kagura Games, as the developer was deeply satisfied with their work on Summer Memories. In fact, Summer Memories is one of their best sellers, so you can expect they will give Winter Memories some priority over other games.
That may be true but summer memories took over a year(1 year and 1 month?) to release so even if they DO give winter memories special attention i dont think we can expect something below the 6 month mark(since they have so many projects)

RossoX

Jun 3, 2021
That may be true but summer memories took over a year(1 year and 1 month?) to release so even if they DO give winter memories special attention i dont think we can expect something below the 6 month mark(since they have so many projects)
If kagura is getting early access to the dev builds, then they might be already translating the game as it gets made, making possible a simultaneous release of jap and english. Failing that, at least it would be less waiting time than if they had to wait for the jap release first, in order to begin translating.

Assuming the game is their best seller, and they made good relations with the dev, I could easily see this being the case.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
That although an extremely attractive scenario is i think a bit too optimistic.I would LOVE for kagura to do that and they must have good relations with the dev(or the dev at least trusts them enough to ask them to translate it) so all the signs point to what youre saying(which is what i am hoping for) but still this may be a bit biased of me but i have lost my trust in kagura.But at least i can trust that they like money am i right?

RossoX

Jun 3, 2021
That although an extremely attractive scenario is i think a bit too optimistic.I would LOVE for kagura to do that and they must have good relations with the dev(or the dev at least trusts them enough to ask them to translate it) so all the signs point to what youre saying(which is what i am hoping for) but still this may be a bit biased of me but i have lost my trust in kagura.But at least i can trust that they like money am i right?
Right, that's what I'm betting on. Given the success of the first game, they would be really dropping the ball (even financially speaking) if they didn't at least try to negotiate a concurrent english translation with the developer.

Gettting an english release as soon as possible after the japanese one to rake in the easy money, as opposed to having a long period of just the jap release and then people inevitably pirating and fan translating it before the official one.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Right, that's what I'm betting on. Given the success of the first game, they would be really dropping the ball (even financially speaking) if they didn't at least try to negotiate a concurrent english translation with the developer.

Gettting an english release as soon as possible after the japanese one to rake in the easy money, as opposed to having a long period of just the jap release and then people inevitably pirating and fan translating it before the official one.
Then i suppose we can only wait and hope corporate greed is that good of a motivator(it is)

• Haha
Reactions: RossoX

Jason2

Jun 24, 2019
I'm just assuming here but, I think the reason the last game took so long was the issues they had encountered with implementing the text. Either that or there was only one Translator taking their time attempting to convert the subtilties of Japanese tone into English. (which can also take a lot)

I think the former, because judging from what Kin-Kun had been doing in making the unofficial patch. There were many bugs that Kin-Kun had to extensively work on just to put in small features, placing unused art, and fixing dialogue.

Plus the Dev said that there would be problems with RPGmaker if added any more content like DLC since its already a little over the RPG size limit. ( I can't quite remember the exact issue but it was along those lines, it's on his "Ci-en" I think)

It all points to how modified this game's RPGmaker is too. I can guess that certain english sentences would be longer than original and mess up the storage limit on text. Which would agitate the program the game's running on, and translating the HUD probably leads to a crazy amount of bugs.
I'm no Dev, so this is just a gamer's hypothesis from installing mods.

Lewyn Collins

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2021
Why have you lost your faith in Kagura? Have they done something wrong?

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Why have you lost your faith in Kagura? Have they done something wrong?
Its not that they did smt bad its more like they have become a company? that just releases mass produced garbage and i cant rlly expect them to handle another money cow like winter memories well(although they WILL because corpo greed is a hell of a motivator)

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
I'm just assuming here but, I think the reason the last game took so long was the issues they had encountered with implementing the text. Either that or there was only one Translator taking their time attempting to convert the subtilties of Japanese tone into English. (which can also take a lot)

I think the former, because judging from what Kin-Kun had been doing in making the unofficial patch. There were many bugs that Kin-Kun had to extensively work on just to put in small features, placing unused art, and fixing dialogue.

Plus the Dev said that there would be problems with RPGmaker if added any more content like DLC since its already a little over the RPG size limit. ( I can't quite remember the exact issue but it was along those lines, it's on his "Ci-en" I think)

It all points to how modified this game's RPGmaker is too. I can guess that certain english sentences would be longer than original and mess up the storage limit on text. Which would agitate the program the game's running on, and translating the HUD probably leads to a crazy amount of bugs.
I'm no Dev, so this is just a gamer's hypothesis from installing mods.
Well it sounds plausible but since i too am no dev so we can only hope

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 146 Votes