4.20 star(s) 142 Votes

Vakkyr

Jun 18, 2017
I'm afraid that wouldn't be ideal. We have to stay circa 2020 to be consistent with a larger universe so...
There will probably be something revolving around a False ID.
False ID is probably the best way here. It would fit rather well with Cassie as the "Rich Girl" to being able to get her Hands on good forged ID's, at least for her and Eve. While for the Charity Gala and stuff it would be not unlikely that the Staff doesn't really care/keeps quiet about such things to not upset their clients.

As for the MC it would be probably good to find a different way for him to get his hands on the Alcohol in the beginning of the Game. Just so that the whole False ID thing doesnt feel too much like Plot convinience. Maybe something like the Cashier being a friend/classmate or mentioning that he has to drive to a specific store that is nown under the local youth for not checking ID's could be a solution.

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
False ID is probably the best way here. It would fit rather well with Cassie as the "Rich Girl" to being able to get her Hands on good forged ID's, at least for her and Eve. While for the Charity Gala and stuff it would be not unlikely that the Staff doesn't really care/keeps quiet about such things to not upset their clients.

As for the MC it would be probably good to find a different way for him to get his hands on the Alcohol in the beginning of the Game. Just so that the whole False ID thing doesnt feel too much like Plot convinience. Maybe something like the Cashier being a friend/classmate or mentioning that he has to drive to a specific store that is nown under the local youth for not checking ID's could be a solution.
I have a few ideas revolving around these themes. I'm not yet sure what I'll do but I'm sure I can do something.

GTBALL_BALLY

Unknown User
Apr 5, 2020

Dev Update #154

Let's go straight to the point: Covid.
I have it.
The symptoms started last weekend and by Monday it was in full effect. The fever did quite a number on me, with difficult days and even worse nights, all of that in the middle of a heatwave. I'm still not done with it but today was notably better. I've been told that I'm right in the middle of it. I really hope I'll get rid of it quicker than that.
Because of the virus, productivity hasn't been great. And I'm not sure that what I've done won't have to change once I'll be definitely free from the fever.
I finished the story map for v0.6.3.
It will have the same structure as v0.6.2, with 3 scenes for the main branch, 2 for the Moronic Hero path, 2 for the Psychotic Knight path and 1 for the Evil Asshole Path.
I can also tell you that there will be a v0.6.4 and a v0.6.5.
V0.6.4 will be special.
I'll need a couple of new characters and 4 new sets: the reworked set of the pool and three really new ones. I spent most of the week working on these environments.
The pool is almost finished. I have to review the light and make some adjustments but it's almost done. It's a big set I've been actually working on for months in the background. You'll understand when you see it. I hope you'll like it because it took a lot of work to put it together.
Of the other three "really new" sets, 2 are more or less ready. Like with everything I've done this week, I'll have to review them once I'll be done with the fever as I don't completely trust my "altered judgment".

I'm going to keep focusing on creating sets and characters for the future chapter. Once I'm done with it... I don't know.
Maybe I could focus on reworking chapter 1. I think that it should be a two weeks long work if I don't get carried away.
I could then focus on adding a proper soundtrack to the game and once done with it, release a "v0.6.2+" with all the new features, the reworked chapter one and the soundtrack.
Or I could directly start writing scene 19, which my brain has already started working on during these delicious nocturnal fever delirium I've been blessed with this past week.
One of my problems is that it's still hellishly hot in there and I'm not sure when I'll be able to seriously render anything. I can pose and render a shot from time to time, but the 10 hours long rendering sessions while it's still 30c+ inside this room are just not an option. So if I have even a couple of hundreds of renders to run... I don't know when I'll be able to process them.
I hope it gets cooler soon. I hate this heat.
If you have any opinion about that, I'll be glad to hear it.

I wrote way too much. It's probably the fever.
I'm going back at it.

The Naughty Captain

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Is there an updated in depth walkthrough? The old one is behind several updates. I have so many save files and paths set up lol, its all a bit confusing since I havent played in a while. I remember taking forever following the old guide closely to set up the paths and still having issues with it lol, one little mistake and the route was ruined.

edit

Using the sancho mod im seeing that Psycho Knight, Moronic Hero, Evil Asshole, and Full neutral are set to False and in the gallery you can see a scene where you are banging Jane in front of Steve? I dont get it, what are all these routes and scenes lol. My main path is dual love/love with Eve and Cassie.

Last edited:

fata001

Jun 20, 2019

Dev Update #154

Let's go straight to the point: Covid.
I have it.
The symptoms started last weekend and by Monday it was in full effect. The fever did quite a number on me, with difficult days and even worse nights, all of that in the middle of a heatwave. I'm still not done with it but today was notably better. I've been told that I'm right in the middle of it. I really hope I'll get rid of it quicker than that.
Because of the virus, productivity hasn't been great. And I'm not sure that what I've done won't have to change once I'll be definitely free from the fever.
I finished the story map for v0.6.3.
It will have the same structure as v0.6.2, with 3 scenes for the main branch, 2 for the Moronic Hero path, 2 for the Psychotic Knight path and 1 for the Evil Asshole Path.
I can also tell you that there will be a v0.6.4 and a v0.6.5.
V0.6.4 will be special.
I'll need a couple of new characters and 4 new sets: the reworked set of the pool and three really new ones. I spent most of the week working on these environments.
The pool is almost finished. I have to review the light and make some adjustments but it's almost done. It's a big set I've been actually working on for months in the background. You'll understand when you see it. I hope you'll like it because it took a lot of work to put it together.
Of the other three "really new" sets, 2 are more or less ready. Like with everything I've done this week, I'll have to review them once I'll be done with the fever as I don't completely trust my "altered judgment".

I'm going to keep focusing on creating sets and characters for the future chapter. Once I'm done with it... I don't know.
Maybe I could focus on reworking chapter 1. I think that it should be a two weeks long work if I don't get carried away.
I could then focus on adding a proper soundtrack to the game and once done with it, release a "v0.6.2+" with all the new features, the reworked chapter one and the soundtrack.
Or I could directly start writing scene 19, which my brain has already started working on during these delicious nocturnal fever delirium I've been blessed with this past week.
One of my problems is that it's still hellishly hot in there and I'm not sure when I'll be able to seriously render anything. I can pose and render a shot from time to time, but the 10 hours long rendering sessions while it's still 30c+ inside this room are just not an option. So if I have even a couple of hundreds of renders to run... I don't know when I'll be able to process them.
I hope it gets cooler soon. I hate this heat.
If you have any opinion about that, I'll be glad to hear it.

I wrote way too much. It's probably the fever.
I'm going back at it.

The Naughty Captain
I hope you get better soon, thank you so much for all the info and keeping us up to date on your work. I just recently downloaded your game and I liked it a lot, specially being able to pick the different paths. I have to admit that having sanchos guide helped a lot, since I did not know what I was doing. Take care and I will be looking forward to the update.

Reactions: The Naughty Captain

Droftaw

May 27, 2017
Is there an updated in depth walkthrough? The old one is behind several updates. I have so many save files and paths set up lol, its all a bit confusing since I havent played in a while. I remember taking forever following the old guide closely to set up the paths and still having issues with it lol, one little mistake and the route was ruined.

edit

Using the sancho mod im seeing that Psycho Knight, Moronic Hero, Evil Asshole, and Full neutral are set to False and in the gallery you can see a scene where you are banging Jane in front of Steve? I dont get it, what are all these routes and scenes lol. My main path is dual love/love with Eve and Cassie.
Don't think anyone has updated a walkthrough for a good while due to the numerous branching paths being a mare. I believe the dev is going to incorporate a lighthouse mode in the next update to make the different paths easier to follow. Think there are now 17 different paths to follow

Think the scene you are talking about is a dream sequence that the MC has on the Evil Asshole path or something similar.

Reactions: The Naughty Captain

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
There is path, where you choose to not give a fuck about Eve and Cassie.
If you just stay away from both of them (and later from Kelly too) you'll get Full Neutral path.
If you make choices like steal the panties and install camera in the shower you can fall into Evil Asshole path by the phone call to those 2 dudes.
Being on Evil Asshole path you can continue it till the end or switch to the Moronic Hero path by telling about phone call to Cassie (you'll get that Jane scene). On day six you can also switch from Evil Asshole path to Psycho Knight path in the bathroom scene.

I would say all of those additional paths (Psycho Knight, Moronic Hero, Evil Asshole) full of drama but the Moronic Hero kinda hilarious.

ThunderClapper069

Aug 11, 2022
Tho I just started playing a few days ago here's what I gather from the characters so far, the mc and Eve haven't been on good terms because she seemingly was the ''wild girl'' type only for it all to be just lies, and does she try to prove her innocence, nope her answer was to just be a bitch. According to the mc, her family tried to talk to her, which would've been her chance to tell her side of the story. And there's her bestie Cassie who comes along gas lights the mc for believing the rumors forgetting, or ignoring the fact that he did made an effort to talk to Eve.

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
Tho I just started playing a few days ago here's what I gather from the characters so far, the mc and Eve haven't been on good terms because she seemingly was the ''wild girl'' type only for it all to be just lies, and does she try to prove her innocence, nope her answer was to just be a bitch. According to the mc, her family tried to talk to her, which would've been her chance to tell her side of the story. And there's her bestie Cassie who comes along gas lights the mc for believing the rumors forgetting, or ignoring the fact that he did made an effort to talk to Eve.
That's pretty much it.
However, everything is seen through Jack's filter. and you will come to understand that his views are a bit flawed.

Reactions: patachoucs

GTBALL_BALLY

Unknown User
Apr 5, 2020

Dev Update #155

First of all, I have to thank everyone for their support and their encouragement. I'm done with the fever and most likely with Covid. I'm still coughing a lot but according to the test I took, I'm now covid free. And I, indeed feel way better.

Now onto the dev Update!
The new sets and characters I'll need for the new content coming with v0.6.3 are finished. I could spend more time on these but they're good enough for what I'll use them for.
However. That new content will have to wait for a bit as I finally decided to first rework Day One. Let's talk about that for a bit.
I made no mystery that I'm planning on reworking the first five days of the story.

Essentially, I want to rework the renders.
My style evolved and the quality of the images I produce has improved a lot since I started working on Summer Scent. I think I reached a stable point that I can use as a standard for future work. For Summer Scent to be a decent and viable product, I have to bring the early chapters up to that level of quality.
There are also a lot of technical problems to rectify, like shaders misbehaving, or lights going haywire. Cassie's eyes in the early chapters are a good example of that.
And finally, I changed sets on Day Six. It was a weird decision, but I still think that was for the better. Even if I have to unify everything now.
For all these reasons, I'll have to repose and rerender every image of the first five days of the story.
That's about 2200 renders and that will take a lot of time even if I don't have to completely restart from scratch but rather transpose to a new standard. As I don't want to pause the development of new content for too long, I will mix the rework with the new content, a few scenes at a time.
For most of the scenes, the rework will only be about reworking the renders.

But there are obviously a few exceptions.
There is THAT scene that needs a heavy rewrite. Everyone knows which one I'm talking about: the first scene of Day Two, in the kitchen. It's an essential scene and it's also a total mess. I have to rework that.

And there's Day One.
Day One is very short. About 5500 words, for 64 renders. I am very ashamed of it as it fails in about every way. It needs the global rerendering and it needs a bit of rewrite. I need to better the presentation of the characters, make Jack's egocentrism a little bit more obvious, and add a few renders to improve the render per word ratio... And that dream sequence has to disappear. I'm going to change it for something more interesting than the ugly mistake it is now.
It won't change anything to the story but will be a better starting point to the story and make a few things more understandable.

So here I am, reworking Day One.
I reviewed and rewrote about 70% of it already. I feel like the things I'm adding or rephrasing are already making a big difference in the way you perceive the characters and I'm pretty happy about it. So far the script has grown by about 20 %.
I think I'll be done with the rewrite by next Wednesday. I'll then decide what I'll do for the renders. I have 60 of those to rerender but I will definitely add some more. I'm not going to reach for a 1/30 render per word ratio like in Day Six, but a hundred more renders can't hurt. I'll see when I'll be done with the script.
I should be done with the rework of Day One by the end of August. I will, of course, keep you updated about my progress.

Anyway, I'm fully back to work.

Thank you for your support!
The Naughty Captain

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
And the dreaded day has arrived, the best of luck captain, you deserve much more support than you currently have, the story is captivating and complex as few ) But, while it is understandable the reasons for the rework, that adds a time that does not attract me to wait, and the last cycles were long (obviously it is understood that the great complexity takes the time it is taking)
Again, the biggest success for you Captain.

4.20 star(s) 142 Votes