4.20 star(s) 143 Votes

Vakkyr

Jun 18, 2017
Just make it a Nor'Easter.

Yeah, could be possible. But, and i really don't want to come across as super picky, but from what i read on Wikipedia they usually happen in early Spring or late Autumn/Winter. So i think it would be a little bit of a stretch, even with Climate Change present, for a Nor'Easter happening at the same time with a heavy Heatwave.
Also it is described as comming with Snow and floodings what could be difficult to show in the Game. At least if you want it to be more than simple Name-dropping. So probably would be best to stick with a heavy Summer/Thunderstorm and not going all out with something as big as a Cyclone or Hurricane. Sometimes less is more you know ;)

JohnPaxson

Feb 23, 2018
what do I have to do (which decisions) to enter the weird triangle and what is the main difference betwenn this and dual love?

Unidade01

Jul 2, 2017
Is there a pre-requisit for cass foot massage? it´s greyed out and i cannot choose it

Does it need specific choices prior to that point?

Thanks

Edit: Got, I restarted and chose a few differnet options.

Last edited:

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
I was messing a bit with the 'nice asshole path' or whatchamightcallit.

found a bug: can't pick either choice

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Found another bug in a different path: when picking 'I like videogames'

Last edited:
Reactions: The Naughty Captain

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
Well, I saw someone joking earlier in the thread that your writing ends up being like Canadian…

Apparently it's 18 in some provinces and 19 in others. I guess Canada can have summer heat waves, but aren't you foreshadowing that there's going to be a tropical storm in one of the upcoming days? At least, that's how I interpreted the phone call with the mother. That doesn't seem to work with a Canadian setting—even if hurricanes and tropical storms occasionally make it up there, they almost always lose most of their force before they hit. And you would have to set it in Quebec, since that's the only coastal province where the drinking age is 18. But then shouldn't the characters be speaking québécois? It's a CAN of worms…

BTW, it just occurred to me that a better substitute for "malicious" is probably "wicked," as in "a wicked glint in her eye."

Oops. I just remembered that there is also that moment when Kelly pleads the 5th. That would be weird for a Canadian.

I think I simply called it a storm for now and never thought of it as a true hurricane. A lot of wind, some heavy rain, you stay inside and you're good.
But I'll have to look into that.

Just want to second this. Played it over the Weekend for the first Time and loved it. It's really one of the rarer cases where it feels like the Characters and Story comes first, and the Sex comes where it fits in and doesn't destroy the Pacing. It really amazed me how well the Characters and their personalities are written and designed.
Especially with the MC and Eve, that the consequences and the possible fallout of their relationship is thematised and not ignored as in many other games. Or the way the Sub/Dom routes are thematised in a "realistic" way, where such a relationship has a lot to do with trust and caring/respect for the partner. And how Eve needs Time to open up and is eased slowly into it by the MC. Instead of the "instant Slave" thing that is often used in other games, instead the Cassie Dom->Sub Route shows great what happens when done wrong.

The renders look great especially the Characters and that they are no walking cliché-ridden abominations. And the sheer amount of routes and the way they cross and interact with each other is crazy, in a good way :) The only "downside" of it may be (if i understood it correctly) the rather long update Cycle. But for a work so complex and high in quality it's expected to be and, while it's definitely hard to wait, a small price to pay for such a great experience.

If i remember correctly, Canada has no Nationwide Legal Drinking Age, but it is around 18/19 yo in most provinces/territories. So Canada would possible the best way to fix this. While a made up US-like country would propably require rewrites and more Worldbuilding to not confuse or irritate the player. Or you write is off as a "minor problem" that, by trying to fix it, would create more new problems as it does right now.
Thank you for your kind words.

I looked it up and Canada would resolve the drinking age problem. But then some other issues would appear. I'll have to think it through but I guess I can't escape some retcon.

I was messing a bit with the 'nice asshole path' or whatchamightcallit.

found a bug: can't pick either choice

Found another bug in a different path: when picking 'I like videogames'

Thank you for your feedback. Your first problem has, indeed, already been identified as belonging to Sancho's mod and he already published a bugfix for this.
And... Chances are that the second one falls into the same category.
You should head to Sancho's thread to get this resolved.

Reactions: CircaAD and Vakkyr

Vakkyr

Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your kind words.
Well deserved Sir, well deserved :D I have many more of these Words for your Game, but they would probably be better suited for a Review, if i can find the Time to write one.
I looked it up and Canada would resolve the drinking age problem. But then some other issues would appear. I'll have to think it through but I guess I can't escape some retcon.
Yeah some sort of retcon will probably unavoidable if you want to fix it. Something like Fake ID's or being friends with the Cashier/Store owner would probably the easiest way, at least for what you have already written until now.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Concerning the whole USA and age restriction issue, I had an idea. Maybe add a line during MC's description of Eve when calling her a drunk like "She's an example of why lowering the drinking age to 18 a few years ago might have been a bad idea" since I don't believe we're told in what year the game takes place.

CircaAD

Oct 9, 2021
I was thinking you could just rollback the year: 18 was the legal age in the US in my lifetime. But then you'd have to lose the cell phones and the internet, so no fix there. :rolleyes:

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
Concerning the whole USA and age restriction issue, I had an idea. Maybe add a line during MC's description of Eve when calling her a drunk like "She's an example of why lowering the drinking age to 18 a few years ago might have been a bad idea" since I don't believe we're told in what year the game takes place.
I was thinking you could just rollback the year: 18 was the legal age in the US in my lifetime. But then you'd have to lose the cell phones and the internet, so no fix there. :rolleyes:

I'm afraid that wouldn't be ideal. We have to stay circa 2020 to be consistent with a larger universe so...
There will probably be something revolving around a False ID.

DaFlurbIsHere

Jun 3, 2022
Thank you for your suggestions, I'll look into that.
The thing is I'm french and here, you are free to drink as soon as you hit eighteen years old. That's something I didn't take into account when I started writing Summer Scent.
The initial plan was indeed to set it in a hypothetic US-like country but mentioning Boston definitely screwed that.
I'll have to find something else or retcon a few things.
Maybe Canada? I think these gentlemen allow drinking as soon as eighteen years old.
Just put it in La Belgique! ;) Seriously though, I had no idea you were French. You can't really tell from the language (unlike in Lucie where the game works great in French but the bad translation is a major problem).

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
Just put it in La Belgique! ;) Seriously though, I had no idea you were French. You can't really tell from the language (unlike in Lucie where the game works great in French but the bad translation is a major problem).
Probably because I write directly in English. So there is no translation or adaptation. But on the other hand, that also means that there is no French version.

Reactions: JETracktor

Sharinel

Dec 23, 2018
Oops. I just remembered that there is also that moment when Kelly pleads the 5th. That would be weird for a Canadian.
Just as an aside you need to remember that American culture permeates everywhere. I'm in the UK and I know people that use this all the time. "What were you doing in that bathroom with the lassie" "I plead the 5th". So could very well be used by a Canadian.

Vakkyr

Jun 18, 2017
I'm afraid that wouldn't be ideal. We have to stay circa 2020 to be consistent with a larger universe so...
There will probably be something revolving around a False ID.
False ID is probably the best way here. It would fit rather well with Cassie as the "Rich Girl" to being able to get her Hands on good forged ID's, at least for her and Eve. While for the Charity Gala and stuff it would be not unlikely that the Staff doesn't really care/keeps quiet about such things to not upset their clients.

As for the MC it would be probably good to find a different way for him to get his hands on the Alcohol in the beginning of the Game. Just so that the whole False ID thing doesnt feel too much like Plot convinience. Maybe something like the Cashier being a friend/classmate or mentioning that he has to drive to a specific store that is nown under the local youth for not checking ID's could be a solution.

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
False ID is probably the best way here. It would fit rather well with Cassie as the "Rich Girl" to being able to get her Hands on good forged ID's, at least for her and Eve. While for the Charity Gala and stuff it would be not unlikely that the Staff doesn't really care/keeps quiet about such things to not upset their clients.

As for the MC it would be probably good to find a different way for him to get his hands on the Alcohol in the beginning of the Game. Just so that the whole False ID thing doesnt feel too much like Plot convinience. Maybe something like the Cashier being a friend/classmate or mentioning that he has to drive to a specific store that is nown under the local youth for not checking ID's could be a solution.
I have a few ideas revolving around these themes. I'm not yet sure what I'll do but I'm sure I can do something.

GTBALL_BALLY

Unknown User
Apr 5, 2020

Dev Update #154

Let's go straight to the point: Covid.
I have it.
The symptoms started last weekend and by Monday it was in full effect. The fever did quite a number on me, with difficult days and even worse nights, all of that in the middle of a heatwave. I'm still not done with it but today was notably better. I've been told that I'm right in the middle of it. I really hope I'll get rid of it quicker than that.
Because of the virus, productivity hasn't been great. And I'm not sure that what I've done won't have to change once I'll be definitely free from the fever.
I finished the story map for v0.6.3.
It will have the same structure as v0.6.2, with 3 scenes for the main branch, 2 for the Moronic Hero path, 2 for the Psychotic Knight path and 1 for the Evil Asshole Path.
I can also tell you that there will be a v0.6.4 and a v0.6.5.
V0.6.4 will be special.
I'll need a couple of new characters and 4 new sets: the reworked set of the pool and three really new ones. I spent most of the week working on these environments.
The pool is almost finished. I have to review the light and make some adjustments but it's almost done. It's a big set I've been actually working on for months in the background. You'll understand when you see it. I hope you'll like it because it took a lot of work to put it together.
Of the other three "really new" sets, 2 are more or less ready. Like with everything I've done this week, I'll have to review them once I'll be done with the fever as I don't completely trust my "altered judgment".

I'm going to keep focusing on creating sets and characters for the future chapter. Once I'm done with it... I don't know.
Maybe I could focus on reworking chapter 1. I think that it should be a two weeks long work if I don't get carried away.
I could then focus on adding a proper soundtrack to the game and once done with it, release a "v0.6.2+" with all the new features, the reworked chapter one and the soundtrack.
Or I could directly start writing scene 19, which my brain has already started working on during these delicious nocturnal fever delirium I've been blessed with this past week.
One of my problems is that it's still hellishly hot in there and I'm not sure when I'll be able to seriously render anything. I can pose and render a shot from time to time, but the 10 hours long rendering sessions while it's still 30c+ inside this room are just not an option. So if I have even a couple of hundreds of renders to run... I don't know when I'll be able to process them.
I hope it gets cooler soon. I hate this heat.
If you have any opinion about that, I'll be glad to hear it.

I wrote way too much. It's probably the fever.
I'm going back at it.

The Naughty Captain

4.20 star(s) 143 Votes