4.20 star(s) 143 Votes

Darth Vengeant

May 6, 2020
No, it's not pointless, it works just fine. Please don't post fake news as it confuses folks needlessly. What is in 6.2 that you think needs to be added? That's right, there's no dialogue (that I can find atleast) that merits it needing an update at all.

If you specifically are having an issue, please post it and we can resolve. But the patch is not pointless... it was requested by literally dozens of folks and now over a thousand folks have used the new feature in the mod with zero complaints. So, please let me know the issue(s) you are finding specifically.
I wasn't posting fake news. Generally a update warrants a new ipatch. And generally if you put a ipatch from a previous version of the game in the new version, it screws up the text in the new version unless it is a universal ipatch. That is why I mentioned it. If the new update has no text for the older ipatch, then forgive my comment. I was simply going based on experience with upates.

GTBALL_BALLY

Unknown User
Apr 5, 2020

Dev Update #153

The walkthrough mode, or "Lighthouse mode" as I named it, is complete.
It works pretty well so far. I tried to design something as non-intrusive as possible. You will be able to display different pieces of information independently, depending on how much help you think you may need. I think it'll be enough for most players and I'm curious to see if there will really be a need for some more complete walkthrough in the future.

I'm currently working on a new introduction for the game.
It's a short sequence of screens aiming to describe the content of the game and the bases of Jack's personality (and renaming him as this introduction will now host the prompt that will allow doing so). Along with, maybe some warning about the content. I'm trying to put together something more pleasant to the eye than what is in-game at the moment. It's still a work in progress but I'm fairly happy with what I've done so far. Even if I have several variables to tweak before I'm done, I should be able to complete that task this weekend.

I've reworked the way I package the game to have a more flexible structure that will allow me to soon publish updates only as well as full builds. I'm not completely satisfied and there are things I'm thinking of doing differently. But it works. I just want to find a more elegant way to do it.

Finally, I reworked the code of the achievement system.
It should now be 100% Steam compliant. I'm not there yet but at least that's one step forward in that direction.

Once done with the introduction sequence I'll focus on finalizing the story map and gathering the assets I'll need. I think I already have everything necessary, but I could be wrong. I'll have to build at least three sets for the next update. Two of these should be fairly easy.

Thank you very much for your support!
The Naughty Captain

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
I tried really hard to like this game but..when I played the (Eva) sub route there was 100 scenes of pussy licking (?) instead of MC doing what a normal guy whould do in that situation, when I tried the Cassie dom route it's basically all forced digusting things on the MC and no pussy licking or physical enjoyment from her.. I mean wtf? It makes no sense, I really don't know what's in the head of this dev :D but it kinda ruined it for me. Too bad, since all the rest is pretty good.

DarkExecutive

Apr 8, 2019
Has the Dual Sub path always been there or was it part of this latest update? I gotta say, that Cassie-crying-and-begging-to-be-the-MC's-sub scene was an unexpected (but not unwelcome) surprise. Just stumbled into that path randomly.

Last edited:

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
We finally know who deflowered Jaye.
Nobody... yet.
This message was brought to you by the max points gang :cool:
Has the Dual Sub path always been there or was it part of this latest update? I gotta say, that Cassie-crying-and-begging-to-be-the-MC's-sub scene was an unexpected (but not unwelcome) surprise. Just stumbled into that path randomly.
Yep was already in the game at least in the previous update.

Tromilka

Sep 11, 2020
I just played this for the first time—or one path up to the current end of content, anyway—and really like it. The writing is excellent: sure, there's some odd phrasing and the occasional word used or spelled incorrectly, but it's nothing a copy editor couldn't fix.* More importantly, the compelling way the story is told and the way these characters are made to come alive is very impressive, and the graphics are good, with lovely character designs, not the ridiculously exaggerated proportions seen in many other erotic VNs.

One thing that struck me, though: where is this story supposed to be set? Because it seems to be in the US, with the friend coming in from Boston and all, but then these high-schoolers are freely buying alcohol (even vodka sold in a convenience store, which most states don't allow) and getting served unlimited drinks in restaurants and at charity galas without anybody questioning it. That feels quite a bit off. Unless set in a parallel reality or imaginary country, as some games do, I think a few words about fake IDs and that Cassie's dad's status means the rules don't apply to her, or something like that, would help it feel a little more grounded in reality.

* The Naughty Captain: For example, I'd suggest doing a search/replace for "subtility," changing it to "subtlety," and in places where you use "malice/malicious" to describe something where there is no real spiteful intent, just a desire to tease, I think "mischief/mischievous" or "glee/gleeful" would be better word choices.

Reactions: The Naughty Captain

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
I just played this for the first time—or one path up to the current end of content, anyway—and really like it. The writing is excellent: sure, there's some odd phrasing and the occasional word used or spelled incorrectly, but it's nothing a copy editor couldn't fix.* More importantly, the compelling way the story is told and the way these characters are made to come alive is very impressive, and the graphics are good, with lovely character designs, not the ridiculously exaggerated proportions seen in many other erotic VNs.

One thing that struck me, though: where is this story supposed to be set? Because it seems to be in the US, with the friend coming in from Boston and all, but then these high-schoolers are freely buying alcohol (even vodka sold in a convenience store, which most states don't allow) and getting served unlimited drinks in restaurants and at charity galas without anybody questioning it. That feels quite a bit off. Unless set in a parallel reality or imaginary country, as some games do, I think a few words about fake IDs and that Cassie's dad's status means the rules don't apply to her, or something like that, would help it feel a little more grounded in reality.

* The Naughty Captain: For example, I'd suggest doing a search/replace for "subtility," changing it to "subtlety," and in places where you use "malice/malicious" to describe something where there is no real spiteful intent, just a desire to tease, I think "mischief/mischievous" or "glee/gleeful" would be better word choices.

Thank you for your suggestions, I'll look into that.
The thing is I'm french and here, you are free to drink as soon as you hit eighteen years old. That's something I didn't take into account when I started writing Summer Scent.
The initial plan was indeed to set it in a hypothetic US-like country but mentioning Boston definitely screwed that.
I'll have to find something else or retcon a few things.
Maybe Canada? I think these gentlemen allow drinking as soon as eighteen years old.

Tromilka

Sep 11, 2020
Well, I saw someone joking earlier in the thread that your writing ends up being like Canadian…

Apparently it's 18 in some provinces and 19 in others. I guess Canada can have summer heat waves, but aren't you foreshadowing that there's going to be a tropical storm in one of the upcoming days? At least, that's how I interpreted the phone call with the mother. That doesn't seem to work with a Canadian setting—even if hurricanes and tropical storms occasionally make it up there, they almost always lose most of their force before they hit. And you would have to set it in Quebec, since that's the only coastal province where the drinking age is 18. But then shouldn't the characters be speaking québécois? It's a CAN of worms…

BTW, it just occurred to me that a better substitute for "malicious" is probably "wicked," as in "a wicked glint in her eye."

Vakkyr

Jun 18, 2017

Just want to second this. Played it over the Weekend for the first Time and loved it. It's really one of the rarer cases where it feels like the Characters and Story comes first, and the Sex comes where it fits in and doesn't destroy the Pacing. It really amazed me how well the Characters and their personalities are written and designed.
Especially with the MC and Eve, that the consequences and the possible fallout of their relationship is thematised and not ignored as in many other games. Or the way the Sub/Dom routes are thematised in a "realistic" way, where such a relationship has a lot to do with trust and caring/respect for the partner. And how Eve needs Time to open up and is eased slowly into it by the MC. Instead of the "instant Slave" thing that is often used in other games, instead the Cassie Dom->Sub Route shows great what happens when done wrong.

The renders look great especially the Characters and that they are no walking cliché-ridden abominations. And the sheer amount of routes and the way they cross and interact with each other is crazy, in a good way :) The only "downside" of it may be (if i understood it correctly) the rather long update Cycle. But for a work so complex and high in quality it's expected to be and, while it's definitely hard to wait, a small price to pay for such a great experience.

Maybe Canada? I think these gentlemen allow drinking as soon as eighteen years old.
If i remember correctly, Canada has no Nationwide Legal Drinking Age, but it is around 18/19 yo in most provinces/territories. So Canada would possible the best way to fix this. While a made up US-like country would propably require rewrites and more Worldbuilding to not confuse or irritate the player. Or you write is off as a "minor problem" that, by trying to fix it, would create more new problems as it does right now.

Reactions: patachoucs

Vakkyr

Jun 18, 2017
I guess Canada can have summer heat waves, but aren't you foreshadowing that there's going to be a tropical storm in one of the upcoming days? At least, that's how I interpreted the phone call with the mother. That doesn't seem to work with a Canadian setting—even if hurricanes and tropical storms occasionally make it up there, they almost always lose most of their force before they hit.
Maybe you could try to explain it with Climate change? I mean of course no "Tropical Storm" if you set it not at the coast but a Heatwave for sure and a "Heavy Summerstorm" that grounds flights seems possible i think.

4.20 star(s) 143 Votes