4.20 star(s) 143 Votes

GTBALL_BALLY

Unknown User
Apr 5, 2020

Dev Update #152

Summer Scent v0.6.2 is now available for gunners!
You can find the links in the pinned post.

I've been working on a "light" in-game walkthrough mode for the most part of the week.
It still needs some refinement but I came up with something that works. It's pretty much an implementation of the trigger lists that were available to Tide Riders supporters until now. It will show what triggers the player needs to select for a chosen path and will give some information about the points required to unlock options.
I don't want it to be absolutely exhaustive as, without choices, the game wouldn't really be a game anymore. I still want the player to search for missing achievements and that kind of stuff.
So far, all the "solo paths" have been implemented. I should be able to finish it next week with some time to spare for other tasks.
I'll probably be working on code and features for at least a week before I go back to content.

Meanwhile, I also progressed on the story map for the next update. It's not 100% complete but I have a precise idea of what the content will look like.
I'm always tempted to plan lots of content and different scenes and keeping myself in check in that regard isn't easy as I easily get carried away. But I'm trying to stay reasonable.

Thank you again for your support!
The Naughty Captain.

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
Actually I didn't rename girls on purpose. The game asked 4 that from the start, without prompting to keep their names by default:
Code:
    python:
        mc_name = renpy.input("What is your name?")
        mc_name = mc_name.strip()

if not mc_name :
            mc_name = "Jack"

off "My name is [mc_name]."
    off "And this week could be great if someone wasn't bothering me."

python:
        sis_name = renpy.input("What is her name?")
        sis_name = sis_name.strip()

if not sis_name :
            sis_name = "Eve"
Right after that I got 4 names for them. And only after that I was looking for the possibility to return names to the defaults, but I didn't succeed.
With the game I installed only walkthrough mod from the 1st page.

Oh! That is some very old code. As I said, I initially allowed to rename the girls and finally removed that option with v0.5.5 I think ? Maybe v0.6.1.
If you have that slice of code in your game right now, I'm not sure what your experience will be.

The Naughty Captain

Now this is just slightly evil:
Python:
if ep5nightpunishment == True:
    $ sis_hard_sub_path = False
    $ sis_sub_path = False
After doing this last update:
Python:
if sis_hard_sub_path == True and sf_dom_path == True:
    $ ep5nightpunishment = True
Keeping me on my toes... I understand why but it doesn't make it any easier to adapt for :ROFLMAO:. I have to circle the wagons in the mod and regroup. Well played sir.
Ah! Sorry.
I'll be 100 honest with you, I don't try to make your work difficult but I don't try to make it easier either.
There is a lot of code that will have to be normalized sooner or later. I'm not sure how it will impact you and I'm sorry in advance, but it will happen again.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Oh! That is some very old code. As I said, I initially allowed to rename the girls and finally removed that option with v0.5.5 I think ? Maybe v0.6.1.
If you have that slice of code in your game right now, I'm not sure what your experience will be.

Ah! Sorry.
I'll be 100 honest with you, I don't try to make your work difficult but I don't try to make it easier either.
There is a lot of code that will have to be normalized sooner or later. I'm not sure how it will impact you and I'm sorry in advance, but it will happen again.
No apologies necessary bud, none at all. I need things like this to keep me on point... no worries, it's all good. Thanks for all you do, sincerely.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
The Naughty Captain

Now this is just slightly evil:
Python:
if ep5nightpunishment == True:
    $ sis_hard_sub_path = False
    $ sis_sub_path = False
After doing this last update:
Python:
if sis_hard_sub_path == True and sf_dom_path == True:
    $ ep5nightpunishment = True
Keeping me on my toes... I understand why but it doesn't make it any easier to adapt for :ROFLMAO:. I have to circle the wagons in the mod and regroup. Well played sir.
That all seems logical to me. If you've had the night punishment you're kicked of Eve sub path for being a bad boy. I'm not sure what wagons you need circling. It's just another layer of the onion that is the story to me.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
That all seems logical to me. If you've had the night punishment you're kicked of Eve sub path for being a bad boy. I'm not sure what wagons you need circling. It's just another layer of the onion that is the story to me.
Nothing too dramatic, but you must admit it was a split that was NOT obvious after just implying the opposite in the last update. The path variables are pretty much set so the circling has to do with the ChoiceGuide that was not considering that what was given for half a day is potentially pulled away in the second half day. Again, there's no drama, I write mods for some of the most complex stories available... I can handle a new split here and there for sure. My post to NC wasn't intended as scrutiny obviously from the emoji, but an acknowledgment of a well-played hand. It's that simple really. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
A small post regarding how the new SanchoMod character renaming functions work can be found here. It's non-destructive, non-persistent, and doesn't alter any original script code... cause we're good like that.

Reactions: Ghostly and CircaAD

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Nothing too dramatic, but you must admit it was a split that was NOT obvious after just implying the opposite in the last update. The path variables are pretty much set so the circling has to do with the ChoiceGuide that was not considering that what was given for half a day is potentially pulled away in the second half day. Again, there's no drama, I write mods for some of the most complex stories available... I can handle a new split here and there for sure. My post to NC wasn't intended as scrutiny obviously from the emoji, but an acknowledgment of a well-played hand. It's that simple really. Regards.
The thing is I'm not sure it can be consideered a split, if you play Cassie dom path alone you get dom, same with Eve sub path (be it hard or love) but if you play both Cassie dom and Eve hardsub you get dropped of the sub content there is no way to avoid it so it's the opposite of a split, it's 2 roads converging into one.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The thing is I'm not sure it can be consideered a split, if you play Cassie dom path alone you get dom, same with Eve sub path (be it hard or love) but if you play both Cassie dom and Eve hardsub you get dropped of the sub content there is no way to avoid it so it's the opposite of a split, it's 2 roads converging into one.
Semantics. I'm using "splits" as a general reference to a change in route(s). There's no debate here bud, it's all good. I've had no issue dynamically keeping track of 18 routes regardless of what a player chooses to date, I'm certain I can handle it going forward.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Semantics. I'm using "splits" as a general reference to a change in route(s). There's no debate here bud, it's all good. I've had no issue dynamically keeping track of 18 routes regardless of what a player chooses to date, I'm certain I can handle it going forward.
I wasn't trying to start a debate, I was just curious and semantics do tend to get the better of me. I hope I didn't look like a prick trying to start something. Anyway good luck on the mod.

V o i d

Jul 12, 2020
I lost my track of the paths after so many time and losing some save games, any chance that your mod indicate the way to these 3 "mysterious" paths ? IIRC one of these is the path where MC is in doubt about his feelings for Cassie and then things keep getting awkward

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I lost my track of the paths after so many time and losing some save games, any chance that your mod indicate the way to these 3 "mysterious" paths ? IIRC one of these is the path where MC is in doubt about his feelings for Cassie and then things keep getting awkward
Define "3 mysterious paths". I can't decipher that. And yes, the mod informs you but I don't hold your hand unnecessarily. There's a fine line between a professional guide and kinetic novel... if that makes sense to ya.

Feb 18, 2018
I liked this game when it first came out and I played it without a walkthrough but it was impossible to get any endings mentioned in the walkthrough. How is this game this convoluted? Since this game is so heavily pathed, the walkthrough mod for this game is almost useless (no offence to both of the modders, grateful for their work). Knowing the points awarded for each choice is useless since each path varies by 1 or 2 points and the average player doesn't have that data.
I have a suggestion for the modders and I know this is more work so feel free to ignore it. Since the point system is not enough for the player how about, at the start of the game, the player is asked to choose the path he wants to follow and then the mod only highlights the choices for that path. For example for the love path, only those choices are highlighted which keeps the player on that path.

Reactions: MythMackay
4.20 star(s) 143 Votes