• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - Summer Scent [v0.6.4a] [The Naughty Captain]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Fitshace

This is a great game, I can't recommend it enough. Does it have flaws? Yes, it does. There are fairly frequent grammatical errors and it's overly punishing when you pick the "wrong" dialogue options. With a game this good those are fairly minor concerns though, just make sure to use a walkthrough. The game looks good, has great characters and is fucking hot. I like the limited number of LIs that the game offers, as it allows the dev to focus on quality over quantity. I also love how this game offers multiple paths for those characters, allowing you to see very different sides of them and explore different kinds of relationships with them. I think that last part might be the game's biggest selling point for me. A game where you can either share a beautiful and tender romance with your sister or turn her into a loving sub is a win in my book.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Erina

This is an excellent game, with good dialogues, solid plot (as these games go) and good characters. Also, some endings can flat your brain. I long for a game this good but with female MC. There is precious small number of them.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Honestly, Eve is the only reason i tried this again.
    Tempted to give it 4 stars but my brain couldn't come in terms with my heart because he had to do the most hard work try not to get a bad ending. First of all enjoyed the summer scent and really love the Eve character, her behavior seems out of place sometimes but was cute nonetheless. Story seems quite a bit unrealistic on occasions considering the way family handled Eve and other way around.
    About the paths, if you decided to be on solo with either of the girls the content gets expectedly shortened. If you choose throuple path then unavoidable lesbian waiting for you, which i don't mind at a time or few.
    Sex scenes are great, i mean the intimacy of the moment is really alluring, i would have loved some animations though.
    Coming to the dark endings, first of all let me say this, i absolutely wouldn't mind dark endings, provided you know what you did wrong or going to do followed by the consequences. But these surprise bad endings literally caught me off guard. Had to keep my phone with walkthrough opened in one hand and another one on keyboard, and some of the choices you won't even believe will surprise with such.
    FEMDOM isn't my thing so Cassie is off the menu.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

BBZ01

@The Naughty Captain Many thanks for a simply great game. 100% more than I expected when I started to play it. The best part is the story telling, simply superb and at times very moving (shitty childhood memories which never really go away); both good (story still progressing) and bad endings but of which are well handled (I haven't played the hate options). Many decisions matter which is unusual in a story-type game.
    Although Eve is the MC's adoptive sister (from a close family friend) I fully get that Eve and the MC would have viewed each other as brother and sister. Therefore I fully get the issues with the MC being an arse in school (such feelings at that age easily equal jealousy)... Personally I won't entertain incest games or the thinly disguised versions but here that isn't the case and the way the love relationship with Eve is handled (so far) is great (possible and maybe necessary for both parties in terms of the story but difficult to deal with as they'd also pay a price in loss of a sibling relationship).
    The writing relating to Cassie is also very well written and believable with the caveat that things progress very quickly, albeit I guess that it's a story set over a short time span and the ages of the participants.
    Turning to the Kelly path; that's a bit close to home for me (touched a few still raw nerves even after many years) but again superbly written so far. I ended up with a good ending (so far). I hope that'll be the case here too. This is how I ended on the 1st play through as I wanted to fix and retain a brother/sister relationship with Eve and also going with Cassie would put pressure on that. The new update develops this very well.
    The graphics are excellent and in the latest update the girls blinking up close are superb. All 3 girls are different but beautiful in their own right.
    Not for the feint hearted though and I guess that the "hate" routes end really badly!
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Kato7

Just a wonderful game, every choice matter, every line can impact your story and how you get the girl you want more.

Naughty Captain have great writing you start the game and just suck into the story immediately. Cap's renders are amazing, each scene you can see he worked a lot to make it perfect, the lighting is fantastic and realistic.

The girls are beautiful, Cassie best girl! all hater should get purple dildoed.
    Every interaction with the girls feels so good, close to real life, if you are shy or unsure, every choice effect not only one girl but everyone around it like it should.

Even the "bad" ending is wonderfully written and rendered.

Love this game, love the dev, people should play it, and come prepare to play every single route just to really feel what the game can offer.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

weirdscix

I remember seeing somewhere a quote along the lines of 'If your game needs a walkthrough then it's badly designed' and I think it fits this game perfectly.

Because of some obscure choices, that the user can in no way interpret, it can lead to a certain terrible ending which totally puts you off exploring other paths, after all if the dev can lead you into a bad ending once, they can certainly do it again. Choices only matter in games when there is some logic and correlation between a choice and a result.

Renders / Character designs are okay but nothing special for Daz assets.
    The writing is generally okay but the MC is a bit spineless and you aren't able to make obvious choices. Plus some writing didn't make sense to me, like:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, apart from some dialogue I found confusing, I think the game needs a clearer spoiler at the beginning, something along the lines of completely random choices will likely lead to a crap outcome.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

NeimadFR

A really good game. There's branching, you have 2 love interest (Eve and Cassie) + a 3rd one (Kelly) that comes in later and you can decide how you approach them.
    For exemple Eve Love, Cassie Love, Eve Sub, Eve SubLove, Cassie Dom and Kelly Love.
    And you can mix and match (except Kelly Love which is only available if you've done none of the others).
    Admitedly some complaints are right that you can fall in traps easily but I don't feel like it substracts from the enjoyment.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

DracoXXX

Got to give it to the Dev cuz the writing is fabulous with every character behaving like a real individual in a given situation. All the characters are likeable with pretty rendering.

The branching is also phenominal as each choices could end up giving different sex scenes & multiple endings though I guess paths with the sis & BF r still WIP,i did get an ending where u end up with Kelly something which I did not expect though it was pretty dark still was quite realistic.

My only gripe would be the lack of sex animations cuz there were plenty of erotic moments especially with the sis which if animated would have been fking fabulous to watch
  9. 5.00 star(s)

hrmokay

Actual good and well written compelling story, which can provide a real sense of connection with the characters. That connection puts weight behind your game choices which 95% of the other games seem to struggle with. Definitely worth the time to read and not skip through.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

wootdeleon69

This is actually the whole reason why I even started looking into these sorts of games. For better or for worse, I found another outlet, haha. Summer Scent is fabulous and engaging all the way through so far. Each character definitely feels more real than not, and that's super cool.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

DemonicN

v0.6.1
    Summary:
    The game talks about MC who falls in love with his sister(Eve) and her best friend(Cassie) (maybe more characters in the future).

Extraordinary aspects of the game:
    The story and the number of branches of the paths you can take in the relationship with the characters.

What is good:
    Almost everything, especially that there are Sub and Dom paths for MC’s sister and her best friend and for the MC too(SO BE DAMN WARNED). The harem path was built quite well too, with is really hard to do in a realistic environment.

*From 0.6.1 The characters started to blink while idle, don’t think that I haven’t noticed.

What is bad:
    Idk.

What can be made better:
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

My opinion:
    Amazing game with few issues, a realistic story with a good build-up that is not too short and not too long. Realistic reasons for an incest relationship to start, with are almost a traumatic experience that clears a misunderstanding with a brought feeling of guilt in the MC that returns the feeling of trust in the sister that manifested into love.

Almost all of the choices in this game matter, which is surprising as every different choice can take you to new content or shove you into a completely different direction in the storyline. My suggestion is to try to play most of the paths as there is a hidden dialog about the characters and it will create a different perspective of the story for you.

The paths I played: Love Eve, Love Cassie, SubLove Eve, SubDouble(I Less enjoyed it for the dom action and more for the understanding of Cassie's character.), Harem, NoOne(Better than I thought, similar to Kelly Path though), Kelly.

This is an amazing game with a great story that I suggest to all from the bottom of my non-existent heart.

If you want more reviews/recommendation check out my list [Link]
  12. 5.00 star(s)

LustButNotLeast

I've tried this game with two prejudices: I don't really like incest, and I don't really like games with school setting.
    I was afraid this was a game a little bit "childish" for my tastes.
    On the contrary, I've played one of BEST written games on the site. The psichological depth of the characters is astonishing for an erotic game.
    The background of the story with all the pain on Eve for the rumors of previous years, Cassie's shyness and calm, Kelly's pain and therapy, are really displayed like in an Emmy TV serie. I don't know, programs like Lost or Lie To Me have come to my mind (I have to see 13 Reasons Why, but I guess it would be a even better comparation, given the reviews).
    The different paths are an other really good idea, it allows the players "explore" all own sides: dark, romantic, dominating, and so on... At the moment, I've explored just the "throuple and meet Kelly path", but I look forward to try other paths, 'cause I guess it's not only "different lewd scenes", but I guess it will be just an emotionally different experience.
    One last thing: the way to reach the threesome path. Just in "Acting Lesson" I saw a realistic way to "justify emotionally" the building of a "couple made by three people". I thought it was nearly impossible to build it better, but this game's dev has REALLY succeded in.
    Wow, I really guess this is a too underrated game, personally I insert it at least in my top three.
    I hope in other games like this one (with older characters, around 30's, it would be PERFECT).
  13. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 216358

Good game until you get the nearly forced very dark ending.

Pros
    • Good renders and visuals
    • Good character models
    • Character models have realistic body proportions
    • Good story
    • Good writing (except for the dark ending)
    • Good character development
    • Realistic incest content

Cons
    • It's way too easy to get the very dark ending. You'd have to follow an exact guide and do everything perfectly in order to avoid it.
    • Cassie's breasts looks like she's had implants and don't look natural
    • Only two relationships are really developed in the game, your sister and her best friend
    • No animation
    • Few lewd scenes

The very dark ending ruined the game for me. I was having a good time with it until that happened. It is very difficult to avoid this ending.

I feel that the author destroyed his own game by making the very dark ending the default. You have to make all choices perfectly like the author wants you to in order to avoid it (many decisions are unclear as to their effects and results)!

It is really unfortunate that the author chose this direction. I really have no desire to play any further versions of this game and I can't recommend it unless you use a detailed walkthrough to avoid the bad ending.
  14. 2.00 star(s)

DaveSAlan

As of Version:0.5.5

PROS

• Model's looks OK
    • It's not the same old story.
    CONS

• All the main character's are unlikable, including the MC.
    • Scenes aren't great.
    • Model's look OK.
    • Choice's are meaningless to the story (which is always bad).

CONCLUSION

Honestly don't understand how the rating is so high. Can't imagine trying this again, even as a time filler.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Michel Mak

A very interesting story is revealed in this game. There aren't many games like this with meaning. The only thing to note is that Kessi's eyes are completely black. It's not pretty. The white of the eyes is not visible. It's like she's a dead body
  16. 4.00 star(s)

DoOver

I really enjoyed the start to this game.
    • I like the renders and how the girls do not look like the same 3d model but with different hair
    • I like the MC's model too as not the overly buff jock but more of an average joe
    • The story is a bit linear, but I'm okay with that...I mean it's a VN and I expect that.
    • After the initial play-through (not that long), I did the Skip to rapidly go through the choices of Submission/Domination path, Love/Love path, Submission/Love path. It was nice to see the different outcomes depending on the choices you make. I was pleased that there was significant differences.
    • I focused on one attribute as much as possible, so I don't know if I would have received some scenes if I had for instance chosen a balance between Love/Submission versus going 90% Love or 90% submission.
    • The incest patch is sort of required otherwise the story doesn't make much sense. Thus the author/dev sort of locked themselves in that way.
    • If memory serves, these are all still images...no animations, even for the sex/sexy scenes. FYI.
    OVERALL:
    I'm looking forward to how this story progresses. It's worth checking out, imo.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

maver!ck

Here are my thoughts after playing v0.5.5

I liked:
    -Eve and Cassie
    -great renders
    -nice story
    -hot sex scenes
    -the players choices matters on how the story goes
    -no forced/unavoidable sex scenes with the MC

I did not like:
    -it is advisable to have a walkthrough if you want to get to the ending that you want
    -the MC is so stupid for being so gullible and believing the rumors. But it's the story so what I do?
    -Eve not wanting to report the incident to the police is so frustrating, but then again, it's how the story goes

It's an interesting story and the things that I did not like are jsut minor things and is dependent on each player but all in all, it's a great game and story. 5 stars.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

babyelephant

I love it man . the bad ending was a cock block for me and since I watched it I'm not motivated enough to complete the branches . BUT everything else is just perfect . I love both the girls and like the guy he has a good personality and the story is beautiful
  19. 4.00 star(s)

m0us3r

The models are rather good, but even 18 year old girls all have saggy tits. That's usual in such games, but still is a shame.

The story is rich with psychological details, so it's generally fun to play. But some choices are very limited: often the most reasonable and effective things to do aren't there. And making a reasonable innocent choice, like choosing to speak to Eve in the shop on Day3, leads to horrible painful early ending on Day 5.

So on Day 5 the protagonist feels helpless, not being able to tell Cassie obvious things, not having any idea that an innocent choice 2 days ago destroyed their life.

Those limited choices and their unexpected long-term results are the reasons I give it only 4 stars. Otherwise it would be a very good game.

Even though some scenes seem a bit forced and clumsy (like interrogation and blaming a guy who basically just did what the girls wanted, not even given better choices).

So it's not 5 stars for sure. Even though the immersive story, the amount of content and the work put in various routes are impressive.

v0.5.5
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Aeh2Zeh

Holy hell, I wasn't expecting such a good story. I honestly gave up even waiting for anything naughty to happen (even though the girls are totally adorable) and just wanted to know where the story was going. Next update please!!