VN - Ren'Py - Summer Scent [v0.6.4a] [The Naughty Captain]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Duncanidaho

This is a really fun game. Story is interesting, choices are matters. Renders and girls are beautiful. Lewd scenes are not animated but I like it this way too cause they are hot. I'm looking forwad to new updates in the future.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Lilsmkr

This recent update just released some twisted darkness into this game. Don't follow the harem path if you think it will be happily ever after because it won't! The ending i received showed the girlfriend being raped and left to die. While you "roommate" couldn't live with the resentment and end up offing herself. This was pure fucking shit on the devs part to show such a twisted path to a game that i thought was great. If anyone is deciding to play this game i beg them to wait for a walkthrough.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

KiraJames

One of the best story based game out here, the darkness is the best and I loved how it progresses through the week. I also really love the two girls, and I hope there is more of this after it have ended :D
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Kalosh

Really good graphics, nice characters, a lot of paths you could follow (from asshole to shining armour knight :) ) , looks like it will be one of my favourites. Also it looks like that developer has in mind even more possibilities that are so far only sketched, I look formard how it would evolve :)
    Good job, man
  5. 5.00 star(s)

yihman1

The best part about this game is the rich complexity and branching choices allowing the player to mold the world to their preferences. High quality all around and you can tell a ton of hard work has gone into it.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Rama

I can't say anything negative about this game, a personal favorite of mine. I wish there wasn't a dude-bro character but he's there for like 2 mins of gameplay so whatever.
    I cant wait for the next update, I love both of the girls already, the pacing and sex scenes are perfect, the dialogue is realistic and every single choice you make matters, which I really appreciate. There's a ton of routes and a lot of attention to detail, go try it!
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Flibby

Great start. The story and the renders are well done so far. This has a lot of potential to be a top tier game. Definitely will be following this one. Hopefully updates will be timely and consistent. Keep up the good work.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

d3v0id

Updated my former 4 star review after playing 0.5 & 0.6—my disorganised critique in nuce: too many routes; so many choices where the player can not consciously decide anything (in an meaningful, impactful, and rewarding way); the bad ending is unnecessary & only bad insofar as it is badly placed & paced (the choices leading up to it are ludicrous); the writing could be “decent,” but loses itself way too often in long-winded, pointless introspective digressions of the MC with no value gained; MC is spineless, with not an ounce of self-confidence, a mere playball of the two Erinyes.
    Two stars mostly and mainly because the visuals are uniquely good, & cause I liked the femdom route.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

.N9

Late to the party! at first i was kinda skeptical to try this VN because it is still in a 'early stage' and i decided to wait, not the best decision i've made.

Pros :
    • The characters looks great, especially our childhood friend & Kelly. Maybe because i'm a sucker for a short haired female :KEK:
    • The story is decent so far, it kinda jump a lot faster than what i'm expecting. Example, the MC and his childhood friend situation. One day they are at each other nerve and then tomorrow they like each other. The dev could stretch the story a bit here to slowly building it up.
    • Lots of route to explore. Love it!
    • The background is nice
    If the story keeps delivering, i could see this VN will be a successful project.

I wish the scene is animated, not a big of a problem tho

100% RECOMMEND ANYONE TO GIVE THIS VN A RIDE!
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Mister Boombastic

There is not a lot of (lewd) content yet, but it's definitely a promising start! I really like the brother/sister home alone approach. It reminded me of 'Summer with Mia', one of my favourite games.

The renders look good, especially the character of Eve. The writing is also pretty decent, and I like the fact that you can choose between a 'love route' and a 'sub/domi route' with the girls.

Some downsides:
    • There are no animations.
    • The story is a bit confusing sometimes, like the dev didn't really think of which way to go before he started making the game. For example: on the first day you and your sister hate each other and on the second day you suddenly become best friends. One moment she calls you a perv and gets angry for no reason, the next moment they want you to go shopping with them. It's like the characters are all bipolar.
    • The game could use some more guidance when making certain important choices. After my first playthrough it turned out I had only played the best friend route, even though I was constantly trying to get the Eve sub route.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

GopnikDude

Review for 0.4.1

This is a game that I truly enjoyed reading. Which I find exceedingly rare in the lewd game genre. It's by far the greatest aspect of the game, just behind the renders.

There is excellent care for writing and perfect pacing. The characters are interesting, surprising, yet give very believable answers and reactions to various events in the game. They are smart, actually, say meaningful and logical things. There are just enough words to give something to read and to convey the story efficiently, but not too many so it becomes tedious, uninteresting, and indigestible.

The renders have an excellent composition. There is good lighting, good poses, good facial, and body expressions. The environment, props, and shots are good-looking and obviously made with an emphasis on quality over quantity.

For the averages now.

The gameplay mechanics use the usual, gain affection/corruption points by choosing different types of dialogues. So you can be more submissive, dominant, lustful, or romantic depending on what you choose.

This is a system that I usually dislike since it forces the player to choose the "good" options to get the scenes, which render the whole thing useless in the first place because if you pick any other choice, you don't get the scenes or worst content.

Now i used the walkthrough mod to avoid this issue and pick up the "good choices". So i was able to clearly know what choices do what. But it is something to keep in mind for the dev.

But in this game, it's actually done semi-right, as the different choices will often actually give you different scenes and allow you to continue the game correctly. It's not a good system, but in this case, it's rather functioning well so I'll give it a pass.

The biggest cons would probably be the segmentation of the lewd content. Most of the content is reserved strictly for particular routes. So you get divided content over multiples routes, so it may lead you to not seeing much actual lewd scenes for whatever route you choose. It also can be much harder for a dev to properly sprinkle the lewd content over many routes, which can lead to extended dev time and inconsistencies in the actual content since the dev has to provide not for one or two "main" routes, but possibly 4-5-6 and even more routes, take into account which choices the players made at what time and so on...

I can already see how this influenced the game. It seem that despite the being out for a year now as i write this review, there isn't that much content in the game yet.

In the long run, i fear this can cause more harm than good.

Otherwise, this is an excellent game with a amazing potential for the future.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

Gray21

Its good, the writing is ok and the renders are also ok, i like the characters especially the twin, she is really well written. The only thing that is disappointing is the lack of lewd content and how short it is at the moment. Still, its worth trying out.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

Sesinho

I thought the game was a 4,5. , it was consistent, kind of slow and simple story, nothing intricate , quite balanced in every aspect and no crinbge throwing me off.

PROS:
    The girls look natural and hot, not excessive fantasy like voluptuous, even though Cassie is noticeable voluptuous.
    Eve is slim, but still hot without the need of a 42 inch ass.
    Clothes fit well, not perfect, but looks good.

The pushup thing adds some eyecandy.

Textures and lighting and composition, i guess that is used here?

Posing is good, im a sucker for wholesome and i can feel it, call it dynamics or whatever, makes me believe what writing is trying to sell, makes me care about characters and become invested in them.

It is a pretty decent romance novel with relatable characters, even plots, and has a nice pace, is really consistent, and makes total sense the way things happen.

CONS:

Cassie black eyes are noticeable in various lighting conditions, also the face texture at the same time becomes dull .

Body textures look low res or upscaled from close shots, they get the job done but they lack detail.

The Eve arc could take a little longer to unfold, the problems go away too fast, still good, but since the game is slow it could delay the "truth revealing" a little more.

The dream scene, i hate dreams, cause they are way too realistic and they basically foreshadow or spoil things that maybe are not going to happen for a while or never. (i skipped it)

And lastly theres some sequences that maybe could use one or 2 extra renders like when Cassie is waking up Eve sleeping on the couch, or in the kitchen when Cassie talks about she not being able to keep her ass in shape.

This one is what made me round down instead of up. Havent seen any sex cause i skipped the dream, maybe it will improve the score, i hope...

EDIT:
    After finishing the game i must say first that i followed love path as strictly as possible. Following that path theres only a dream , and one HJ scene, and is 2 trokes and cumming, thats it.

So i checked the gallery and i saw there are "sex" scenes for both Eve and Cassie that i didnt watch in my playthrough, and came to the conlcusion that those belong to other routes. Maybe asshole/and dom-sub routes? And that, as for 0.4.1 is a mayor downside cause i havent seen it in tags, and most of the content is there.
    More specificically 4 of 7 scenes for Cassie, and 2 of 10 for Eve, so its pretty safe to say there is a BIAS in this game that was not advertised, and in my opinion, is gonna weight down the final score.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

anotomfool

I just finished version 0.4.1 and Have to say this is one of my favourite VNs so far, may be Top 3

The Romance is very well done, and adorable.
    The Characters have a lot of depth, MC is not some Pussy Magnet nor he is a Player, He is an average guy, quite relatable.
    The sister seemed annoying at first but as we get to know her, She became more and more likable, wonderfully written.

Cassie is just a sweetheart, really like her just as much.

Very well written VN, give it a try once.

Well done Dev
  15. 5.00 star(s)

JLP603

Reviewing: ver0.41
    One of the better games out there. You, the main protagonist, for most of your life believed in various ill rumors directed to your sister and her best friend, straining the relationship with your sister. In the course of the game you learn that those accusations are in fact false causing you to try and rebuild your relationship. The rest of the game will be about trying to help your sister avoid two guys who seemingly drugged her and have implied to rape her. Sadly there is no music to enjoy the game with but the rest of the game is well made with a nice save system, many decisions to make, and good looking models and renders. The game has 3 paths with dealing with your sister and her friend. they are being a dom with the friend of your sister, having your sister be a sub and just straight up being friends with them and thus having no sexual content with them. Later in the game they introduce another female character but it remains to be seen if it is to be a romance option. I felt that it sounded off to have you be a normal friendly person to them but act like a complete dom from choosing a specific choice when the situation presents itself. In short a great solid game, with some overlookable and minor inconsistencies. Looking forward to more
  16. 4.00 star(s)

fitgirlbestgirl

Game version: [v0.4.1]

I really like this game, even though it's one of those you have to play with a walkthrough and that usually annoys me. There is a good walkthrough mod at least. The renders are beautiful and I appreciate the effort put into making unique looking characters. The look of the sister isn't really my cup of tea, but it's still nice to see something different from the usual stock models.

The writing is pretty good and the dialogue changes for different paths and decisions really make you feel like your choices have an impact. Not to mention the wholly different rendered scenes you get from time to time.

My only gripe with the game is the femdom path. I like femdom and I like the character of the "friend" in this game, so I was looking forward to this the most, but it just didn't work for me. I know there is some backstory explaining why she acts the way she does (which you only get on a different path, which is also a problem) but her actions just seem to come out of the blue and seem really out of character for a sexually inexperienced girl.

Even if she had a natural tendency towards being dominant or experiences of watching femdom related stuff, it just progresses into very hardcore and advanced territory way too quickly. I like femdom, but the cum eating and pegging stuff isn't really what I'm into, especially when you jump right into it without any buildup. You basically go from massaging her feet to getting a footjob and licking up your cum to letting her fuck you with a dildo within a day or two.

I suppose femdom is hard to get right for everybody because it encompasses so many other fetishes and practices and you are bound to piss off somebody, which is why a lot of femdom games let you opt out of certain fetishes. I feel this path would have been improved greatly with a couple of different options or by just keeping it a little more vanilla.

In general it feels like it's the most binary path, in that you either do everything she says or you break it. Which I guess makes some kind of internal sense for femdom, but it also means if you aren't into everything she says it kind of ruins the path for you.

I also feel like the MCs inner monologues on the femdom path were weird. To the point that I wondered whether the dev only put this path in to have more content and actually hates it. It feels super weird to consistently choose every femdom option, but the MC fights you all the way and keeps going "why am I doing this? this is so fucked up."

I mean there's also some of that griping about wanting to fuck his sister, but at the end of the day he still always comes around to "yeah, no, I do want her" while with the femdom path it feels kind of more judgmental. It also makes the MC seem schizophrenic.

Idk, basically I feel like the whole femdom path is kind of a clusterfuck, even if you are into the specific sex acts you get to perform. The good news is that all of the other paths don't have these problems and I enjoyed all of those.

But since this review is already way too long I should bring up my one other gripe, because why not. There is that one scene where you have the option to look at the friend's ass in the kitchen and if you do she will catch you and become super mad at you, in a really weird and uncharacteristic way.

Like, before that point she is a constant tease towards you, she even catches you spying on your sister in the shower and is fine with it. She's been walking around in a bikini in front of you and she's only wearing underwear in the kitchen, but suddenly looking at her ass is a hanging offense and you have to apologize like five times so she's only half mad at you when the scene ends.

That was fucking stupid and just felt like a scene thrown in there to have some drama and something to do. It didn't fit her character at all and it should be rewritten.

The only other gripe I have is that it's a silent game. It only takes a couple of hours to pick out some nice royalty free music and match it up with the game, I feel like that adds a lot to making a game come alive, so why not do it?

Well, that was a lot of bitching for a game I think is very good, but maybe some of it is helpful.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

TopCat

The premise of this game is very generic. Coming-of-age guy that's been left alone in his house for a week, cute sister although he's estranged with her, cute sister's friend that comes to spend the week with them… We've seen it plenty of times. I don't even know why I started playing it. But damn, I'm so fucking glad I did.

The writing is top-tier. It's not shallow at all, but it doesn't try too hard either, it's on the perfect level of depth for the kind of story being told. The guy is relatable (even if I don't have anything in common with him), and the girls maintain certain level of reality, considering that this is erotic fiction. The art, even if it looks generic at first (I've seen that pool before), is also spot on, and anyway the story pulls you enough to not care too much about reused assetts.

And last but not least, the power dynamics. Holy hell. Seeing proper femdom is already very rare, and it's very well executed (if you don't like the acts, there are hundreds of games that don't feature it, move on). But having the possibility of simultaneously have a dominant relationship, and a well executed one? Wow. And all alternate routes in between, they're all fantastic.

El Naughty Capitán knows his stuff! Will be looking forward for the upcoming updates.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Sy00

Great game with good renders. Personally prefer Cassie and her femdom route but the game also offers romance routes with both characters and maledom with Eve. Its a great game with a variety of paths.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

gerardthooft

I did not expect this game to be this good. I ended up with having almost no scenes at all, but could not stop because of how good the plot is. The characters are believable, interesting, complicated and behave like actual human beings. As of v0.4 this feels like an actual gem in the world of vn. I just wish there would be more games like this and/or they would be easier to find.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Arys101

[v0.4.1] (good idea, stole that from Desmosome)

This is my first review of a game on this site, so forgive me if it is lacking in proper detail.

At first I was alarmed by some of the dialogue, thinking maybe Eve was indeed a slut, and her friend was as well. Fortunately I continued the story progression to learn that is not true, and through believable dialogue/choices, I came to better understand the history of the characters. The choices of the MC from that point forward would influence the actions of the other characters.

I continued to play the game a few times without using the walkthrough and ran into some experiences I did not care for personally. That was fine with me, I would just restart the game or go to a previous save and alter my choices. I personally feel that some people need to be more open minded to kinks that others have. I'm not saying to enjoy it, but to allow it without taking it personally, and just move on.

What I like most about this game is the dialogue and replayability. I have probably gone through about 10 or more times and still come into different dialogues (I don't use the "skip unseen text" option, so I can run into unseen text).

Honestly the choices and ability to try different routes really adds to the amount of content in the game, and I implore everyone to try the different routes whether it suites their desires or not, because you will learn more about each character through the various routes.

I give this game a 4.8/5

Renders: Beautiful, just look at Eves intro (the veins) - 5/5
    Story: Believable and engrossing - 5/5
    Bugs: No crashing or any issues - 5/5
    Content: 5/5
    Choices: Could maybe use an ingame mod to help newer players. Or an ingame hint system for scene unlocking. 4.5/5.

Love the game, and love how open the dev is communicating with his fans, patreons or not.

Hopefully once this is complete he continues his work.