4.20 star(s) 142 Votes

Droftaw

May 27, 2017
Done this, still got bad ending, any chance that you could let me/us know what choices are important?
Need to have 70 Love points for both before the friend catches you in the Morning
Speak to Cassie in the Lingerie store instead of Eve
then, the following day, either while at Cassie's place or at night, you have to tell Eve that you can choose none.
first option is at Cassie's place
"This morning was very difficult to handle."
The second option is at night, in Eve's bedroom
"I don’t accept it."
You need just one of those two.
That same night, while with Cassie, talk with her instead of kissing her
then on the morning, while in her room you have to tell her : "I will tell you everything / I would choose no-one / Apologize

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Need to have 70 Love points for both before the friend catches you in the Morning
Speak to Cassie in the Lingerie store instead of Eve
then, the following day, either while at Cassie's place or at night, you have to tell Eve that you can choose none.
first option is at Cassie's place
"This morning was very difficult to handle."
The second option is at night, in Eve's bedroom
"I don’t accept it."
You need just one of those two.
That same night, while with Cassie, talk with her instead of kissing her
then on the morning, while in her room you have to tell her : "I will tell you everything / I would choose no-one / Apologize
Been trying to get the right ending for ages... I couldn't figure out where I was going wrong, so thanks for that :)
The good ending is in my opinion, way too hard to get ^_^.

Reactions: Valeck and DA22

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
You, or anyone. What I meant that if I change anything, it wouldn't be the story I wanted to tell anymore. There would be no point in making that game if I were to fall into that path. If I start listening, I'll end up doing a clone of bigbrother, wvm or BaDik. And those are great games, don't get me wrong. It's just not the kind of game I wanted to make.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Anyway, I'd have a few advices in order to avoid these kind of complaints in the future:

how about

1. implementing an in-game hint system - something that will tell the player: hey dude, if you make this major choice you will have a VERY BAD ENDING

2. re-implementing the scene gallery

3. more updates, of course - 9 months between 2 updates really damaged your project (I think)

My 2 cents, of course.

Droftaw

May 27, 2017
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Anyway, I'd have a few advices in order to avoid these kind of complaints in the future:

how about

1. implementing an in-game hint system - something that will tell the player: hey dude, if you make this major choice you will have a VERY BAD ENDING

3. more updates, of course - 9 months between 2 updates really damaged your project (I think)

My 2 cents, of course.

I believe Captain has posted on this previously and the bad endings will happen if certain conditions arent met, not that you have chosen a bad ending

Again has been posted previously that Captain has removed the scene gallery to work on an achievements screen in its place, hopefully by the next update

Another one that the Captain has acknowledged however he was so far into the dev cycle to stop. Has posted they will probably release the next day in 3 parts Morning/Afternoon/Evening

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
that's very depressive game. Like Acting Lessons.
Except if you play it right you can actually avoid the pain. It's all about making the right choices. You know, a bit like life.

Personally, I like that the throuple path is hard to get. I like that there are consequences. It creates tension, and it makes your involvement in the game that much higher and you're that much more careful when picking up a choice.
I have told the Cap I believe some warning might be in order at the start of the game, as for the rest, I like that he will follow his vision for the story and that he won't compromise on it. As he should.

There are plenty of harem games on this site. With tons of sidechicks and your options to fuck them are basically "yes or no".
A game like Summer Scent has so much more value in my eyes. It's a story I'll remember for sure, and a game I enjoy replaying because I feel like what I decide matters. And changes things around. While, and that's a testament to the Cap's skills as a creator, the other characters always stays true to their nature !! They don't suddenly change for the sake of the plot.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Been trying to get the right ending for ages... I couldn't figure out where I was going wrong, so thanks for that :)
The good ending is in my opinion, way too hard to get ^_^.
I think this remark is precisely hitting the nail on the head. Problem is that the bad end is way too easy to reach or way too hard to avoid if prefer that point of view and as I discussed with captain before that his design philosophy of having the outcome of some choices to be unknowable until later or played other paths before has some dangers in them inherently.

Now if you combine that philosophy with running into bad ends that really do piss people off (like having one of the girls you care for raped and other losing her mind) and you run into that bad end unless you do almost everything exactly right with not much leeway, on a thruple path that will be something most players will at least aim for once, you get a problem for loads of players.

Problem is not that there is a bad end per se, but that the bad end is more or less the logical and standard ending to get if you are on that path, mistakes can be made already way too early on that path in game long before you notice things go wrong and you can only avoid it by doing it exactly right from start, where those choices that are needed like speaking to the gf in store does not make sense for the ending you do or do not get. Basically instead of the bad end being the exception on the path it is the standard ending for that path as game is now.

If that is how Captain wants it that is fair enough, but it also means that for way too many players it will be impossible to play this game without a walkthrough in hand or run into things that truly does upset them (shown or not) and want them to throw something at the wall (yeah some do not care and others care too much about pixels :p), while to me this seems typically a game where you are encouraged to try different options, but now in practice are at least on some paths punished for and are discouraged doing so, as such defeating the original design philosophy.

Last edited:

KiraJames

Dec 5, 2017
GamersGlory posted that he doesn't have a team to work on the game. If it starts up again I'll support it. Part of the money was going to CB's widow so at the time CB died I drastically increased my pledge for a couple of months and made attempts to get others to do so as well. I just can't justify continuing to pledge a game that might not have any future.

I never asked you to change your game to please me. I said that you might change your game if you come to realize how much this is going to cost you. I know that you only updated four hours ago; but even with all the activity in your discussion thread, you have yet to get one new patron. Obviously the content is up to you, I've said my piece.
Because he got a jump 50 patreon jump between 24th jan to 25th jan, ffs stop talking shit.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Except if you play it right you can actually avoid the pain. It's all about making the right choices. You know, a bit like life.

Personally, I like that the throuple path is hard to get. I like that there are consequences. It creates tension, and it makes your involvement in the game that much higher and you're that much more careful when picking up a choice.
I have told the Cap I believe some warning might be in order at the start of the game, as for the rest, I like that he will follow his vision for the story and that he won't compromise on it. As he should.

There are plenty of harem games on this site. With tons of sidechicks and your options to fuck them are basically "yes or no".
A game like Summer Scent has so much more value in my eyes. It's a story I'll remember for sure, and a game I enjoy replaying because I feel like what I decide matters. And changes things around. While, and that's a testament to the Cap's skills as a creator, the other characters always stays true to their nature !! They don't suddenly change for the sake of the plot.
I'm going to have to disagree there.

The bad ending is simply way too easy to get if you try to be nice to both of them. Hell, even with the hints in this thread, it took me a couple of tries to eventually get it, and I only got it by a single point with Cassie...

Which also brings to mind, the dominance points from Cassie. Some choices makes very little sense as to why Cassie is getting a dom point (for example
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's also incredibly easy to become a pussy with Cassie, by just trying to please her for some points here and there.

I mean, unless you know some or all of the alternative choices that brings in a bad point first, and more good points later on, it's incredibly difficult not to get the bad ending. Especially since Cassie was teasing the MC right away with fucking the sister... It felt obvious at that time, that she'd be interested in a threesome (you even get points with her by admitting it, right off the bat.)
Hell, being a jerk and enslaving the sister, is much easier... and that makes very little sense to me, it should be a lot more difficult in my opinion ^_^.

4.20 star(s) 142 Votes