Summer Vacation! Scrambled [ ILLGAMES ] サマバケ!すくらんぶる

3.70 star(s) 10 Votes

Tressk

Sep 20, 2021
They are doing whatever they can to prevent modding. I'm honestly surprised they didn't have denuvo(to prevent piracy too). Perhaps it is too expensive for them.
Also understandable tbh, but hell, give us more options in the Studio then. Like what the hell. I'll learn Blender faster at this rate. I suppose if their goal is to strictly sell the main "game" it makes sense, but..

Purple_Heart

Engaged Member
Oct 15, 2021
Also understandable tbh, but hell, give us more options in the Studio then. Like what the hell. I'll learn Blender faster at this rate. I suppose if their goal is to strictly sell the main "game" it makes sense, but..
I don't think their goal is making a good game, it is milking "people" with as little effort as possible. Even this "game" is low effort considering they copied AA2 mechanics but with assets they made for honeycomb(or whatever its name is). Don't think those assets were created from scratch though, they come from koikatsu sunshine and even sunshine's assets comes from koikatsu. The only difference is scene lighting(which most likely comes from engine upgrade, not something they changed/made) and a little bit texture change which takes little to no effort even for modders.

Kuromarutaur

Jun 19, 2020
Nah, it's not understandable at all, I think they are making a big mistake.

Games with high modding potential are much more popular, and i think more profitable in the long terms run, FFS, people STILL buying Skyrim because it has so strong modding community.

Even games that were badly received at launch (like CP2077 or Starfield) can survive much longer thanks to mods until they get official content updates and fixes.

Khreast

Oct 15, 2024
My friend wait 6 months for that people made nice mods and maybe nice stuff.
If you are in Koikatsu try Koikatsu Sunshine it have better physic and the card can be transfer.
But Koikatsu or Koikatsu Sunshine -> Summer Vacation Scrambled card transfer don't work.
i fear it takes more than 6moths to make some real good mods (even if i saw the BetterRepack is out).
i hate sunshine :(

• Wow
Reactions: Bababuz

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
Do we need mods for the eyes to hide behind hair now? I swear that was a toggle in older games.
Also can we recolor the penis yet? I'm not seeing anything. Black guys with albino dongs is weird. lol

Bababuz

Oct 2, 2021
What's sad is after all these months and HC, people still don't realize they are using IL2CPP

HC/SV run awesome, a lot better than KK and KKS...but at the cost of IL2CPP
Unfortunatly my knowledge and skill in irl are not related to computer so i don't understand nothing in compilation and stuff. Is why BetterRepack is amazing for people like me , just open the player, add some mod in the mod folder, card in the card folder, some overlay in overlay folder and that's it.

Bababuz

Oct 2, 2021
i fear it takes more than 6moths to make some real good mods (even if i saw the BetterRepack is out).
i hate sunshine :(
I totally understand the story are no the same and immersion is less, but physic and jiggle are much more better, kks have better optimization that kk with no graphic computer, a normal laptop with intel graphic incorporate can play with kks for example with kk too but give some weird graphic bug.

SecretEvilPerson

Sep 6, 2021
all this talk about Ilyushin2chinesecommunistparty, but when will it be fully tamed and defeated to a point where modding can rise without people just quitting?
1 year from now?
2 years?
when illus-illgames completely abandons samabake for their next project?

also outside of updates how bad is the anti modding effort on illgames part?

Reactions: thejackel

ycbalabala

May 29, 2022
If Illgames was in any way trying to prevent modding, they're doing a piss poor job.

In accordance with Hanlon's razor, I'm more inclined to believe it's just the lead dev flipping the Editor switch from JIT compilation to AOT compilation, with the (correct) belief it would increase game performance.
Modding loss is a side effect of losing easy access to IL/.NET types and having to deal with ASM instead - since the game is, you know, actually compiled to ASM this time - but I don't think it was the purpose of the change. If they were actively trying, they'd have toggled the next checkbox, which is code obfuscation.

Doesn't seem to stop ManlyMarco/aldelaro5, frankly.

Reactions: AT83 and FrogFrozen

Purple_Heart

Engaged Member
Oct 15, 2021
If Illgames was in any way trying to prevent modding, they're doing a piss poor job.

In accordance with Hanlon's razor, I'm more inclined to believe it's just the lead dev flipping the Editor switch from JIT compilation to AOT compilation, with the (correct) belief it would increase game performance.
Modding loss is a side effect of losing easy access to IL/.NET types and having to deal with ASM instead - since the game is, you know, actually compiled to ASM this time - but I don't think it was the purpose of the change. If they were actively trying, they'd have toggled the next checkbox, which is code obfuscation.

Doesn't seem to stop ManlyMarco/aldelaro5, frankly.
If I am remembering correctly marco himself said(in discord server) they took extra measures to prevent modding, so no, they didn't do it just to increase performance.

Sep 3, 2019
all this talk about Ilyushin2chinesecommunistparty, but when will it be fully tamed and defeated to a point where modding can rise without people just quitting?
1 year from now?
2 years?
when illus-illgames completely abandons samabake for their next project?
This is depend on the brilliant mind of the modders who created the tools. IL2CPP might be a very hard challenge for today's modder, but I inclined to say that I'm pretty sure they will tackle this.

When Illusion change their engine from proprietary game engine to Unity years ago, people are also complaining because the tools that used to work with Illusion's own game engine doesn't work anymore and the modder had to built the tools from scratch. Same things happened now with Illgames using IL2CPP methods.

Illgames know they're the best and the only one that create fully interactive, highly polished 3D H-games in the market. So I'm pretty sure Illgames are here to stay, with more (Unity ILC2CPP) games to deliver, and so because of that I'm confident that the modders will find a way to tame IL2CPP, however hard it is. Just be patient.

Unless suddenly Illgames are using the wretched denuvo in their upcoming games, then all hope is lost. I don't think that'd happen though lol.

someone knows how to use cards that are .webp?
If the card is saved as webp then all of the metadata of the characters is lost and that card is useless. Either save the card as PNG, or contact the author of the card to send you the original PNG files.

3.70 star(s) 10 Votes