Exterant

Aug 6, 2022
Felt that way for almost 2 years. SG was by far the game I most enjoyed. It was interesting and unique with a compelling story and engaging atmosphere. But everytime Ocean tinkered with the established cannon it started falling off for me. The fist couple chapters remakes were mostly fine but this last one...the amount of changes to chapter 3 made this game fall of from my top 5 and I don't see it ever recovering. I couldn't even enjoy the Bella route this time around. Game feels almost dead...like most of the emotion of previous versions was ripped out of it.
I feel like I'm one of the only people that enjoyed the rework, but I can totally see where you're coming from. I'm just ready for the story to continue and develop more.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Is the evil patch now updated to 4.5 final - including the chapter 2 rework?

I have noticed a little argument about this between Sancho1969 and some other users here.

Last edited:

vitor698

Oct 1, 2017
Felt that way for almost 2 years. SG was by far the game I most enjoyed. It was interesting and unique with a compelling story and engaging atmosphere. But everytime Ocean tinkered with the established cannon it started falling off for me. The fist couple chapters remakes were mostly fine but this last one...the amount of changes to chapter 3 made this game fall of from my top 5 and I don't see it ever recovering. I couldn't even enjoy the Bella route this time around. Game feels almost dead...like most of the emotion of previous versions was ripped out of it.
Wym First "couple" chapters remakes? before this update (4.5) only chapter 1 was reworked. Right now first half of chapter 2 was reworked. It didn't have that much rework for you to change opnion like you're saying.

Reactions: Srimanta
Jan 16, 2018
i just want to see this have a completed tag within my lifetime! :LOL:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is the evil patch now updated to 4.5 final - including the chapter 2 rework?

I have noticed a little argument about this between Sancho1969 and some other users here.
The mod has it's own fully corrected "patch". If you're using SanchoMod then all bugs I found are fixed including missing images, incorrect images being shown, redundant conditionals, etc... don't install a patch separately with the mod. The mod is all-inclusive... just insuring we're clear regarding this subject. The only thing I know I didn't fix is the dev's OEM gallery scenes from Chapter 1. Not sure how he missed this but Nami's first "bathroom" scene comes to mind. It's correct in SanchoGallery though.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Wym First "couple" chapters remakes? before this update (4.5) only chapter 1 was reworked. Right now first half of chapter 2 was reworked. It didn't have that much rework for you to change opnion like you're saying.
I meant chapter 2. I keep mixing them up. But chapter had multiple changes as well. Chapter one was always fine, it didn't change much from the first time I played it,mostly improved renders. Chapters 2 and 3 fell off HARD. And I mean it. The added Nojiko scene on the porch made my skin crawl. Absolutely no emotion. Robotic dialogue. It was just an excuse to have some lewd renders with her. Every single Bella interaction was made worse. Nami must have an identical twin because her body shape/size and face change from render to render. It's jarring. Sai fight scene? Worse. Bella confrontation about her sister? Lacking the raw emotion of the previous version.

I'm sorry I don't want to hate on this game but I just can't find anything positive about the latest update. Not even the Maja car scene that was ruined by the MC's ridiculous panic attack. I just can't with this game anymore :confused:

Reactions: vireker

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
i just want to see this have a completed tag within my lifetime! :LOL:
Yeah...I don't think it's gonna happen hahaha.

Midway into season 2 Ocean will just find an excuse to overhaul season 1 and change shit again. And since it doesn't seem likely that he will be able to hire help that meets his standards I'd say the game will last a few more years but it'll be more likely to get the abandoned tag than the completed one. We can still hope though...

Shalamar94

May 27, 2022
Yeah...I don't think it's gonna happen hahaha.

Midway into season 2 Ocean will just find an excuse to overhaul season 1 and change shit again. And since it doesn't seem likely that he will be able to hire help that meets his standards I'd say the game will last a few more years but it'll be more likely to get the abandoned tag than the completed one. We can still hope though...

Of course this and "Where it all began" WILL be abanndoned. Oceanlab has the milking art perfectioned to a "T" and either will abandon both or milk some more starting both all over again from chapter 1 , since nobody complains...

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Felt that way for almost 2 years. SG was by far the game I most enjoyed. It was interesting and unique with a compelling story and engaging atmosphere. But everytime Ocean tinkered with the established cannon it started falling off for me. The fist couple chapters remakes were mostly fine but this last one...the amount of changes to chapter 2 made this game fall of from my top 5 and I don't see it ever recovering. I couldn't even enjoy the Bella route this time around. Game feels almost dead...like most of the emotion of previous versions was ripped out of it.
There were changes in Ch 3, but they were focused on removing music because of licensing issues in a creation with adult content. This also impacted the Sai fight animation which was tied to music that was removed (and the fight was changed to a series of stills). This is all in preparation for the Steam Season 1 release of Summers Gone.

Ocean gets one chance to make a first impression on Steam so I'm glad that he is taking the time to give SG the added continuity and depth that the CH 1 & 2 reworking is/will give SG.

Does it slow down the development of new content right now - yes.

Do I believe that major success on Steam (which I think he will have with SG) will give him the resources to improve SG going forward into Season 2 and beyond - absolutely Yes.

That is more $ for great music, additional freelance work that Ocean can hire others to do and even part time or full-time team members to take over music licensing and help with other aspects of the AVN.

I feel like I'm one of the only people that enjoyed the rework, but I can totally see where you're coming from. I'm just ready for the story to continue and develop more.
I'll add my vote of a yes to just how good the new CH 2 content was.

The quality increase becomes even more noticeable when I went from the new CH 2 content to the old CH 2 content (when Amber is driving the MC home after the falling out with Bella).

Jul 31, 2018
i think i have a problem, after bella snap when i ask about her sister the game revert to the old version. Is there a fix? Im not using any mod

GeladoFeitan

May 18, 2017
Ocean noticed that a lot of people were interested in her, this is what he said about her:
nice, hope he makes her a Li like a rival to bella, based on what mila says about her she isnt a bad person like i was thinking, i think she is like MC, not a bad person but not a good one too, i see potential in her as a Li

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
i think i have a problem, after bella snap when i ask about her sister the game revert to the old version. Is there a fix? Im not using any mod
Well, how can I put without offend you...

I think that is a you problem - the lack of reading skills, because the game tells you exact at the position you have told about that it will now change to old chapter 2. :)

1678842648265.png

Jul 31, 2018
Well, how can I put without offend you...

I think that is a you problem - the lack of reading skills, because the game tells you exact at the position you have told about that it will now change to old chapter 2. :)

View attachment 2467988
oh dang.......that was really a total lack of reading skill, im such an idiot......thx for pointing it out, i was going mad XD. Now i have another stupid question, is it normal that when maja drive the protagonist home when she ask him to keep an eye on vic it doesnt matter between the first two choice he says he will do it for a favor?

Mr_Mister

Jan 9, 2020
There were changes in Ch 3, but they were focused on removing music because of licensing issues in a creation with adult content. This also impacted the Sai fight animation which was tied to music that was removed (and the fight was changed to a series of stills). This is all in preparation for the Steam Season 1 release of Summers Gone.

Ocean gets one chance to make a first impression on Steam so I'm glad that he is taking the time to give SG the added continuity and depth that the CH 1 & 2 reworking is/will give SG.

Does it slow down the development of new content right now - yes.

Do I believe that major success on Steam (which I think he will have with SG) will give him the resources to improve SG going forward into Season 2 and beyond - absolutely Yes.

That is more $ for great music, additional freelance work that Ocean can hire others to do and even part time or full-time team members to take over music licensing and help with other aspects of the AVN.

I'll add my vote of a yes to just how good the new CH 2 content was.

The quality increase becomes even more noticeable when I went from the new CH 2 content to the old CH 2 content (when Amber is driving the MC home after the falling out with Bella).
for me the removal of the cinematics it's just unnecessary because he can remove the songs and leave the cinematics , songs can be modded back into the game very easy but the cinematics require a bit more work.

Last edited:
Reactions: vireker

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
for me the removal of the cinematics it's just dumb because he can remove the songs and leave the cinematics , songs can be modded back into the game very easy but the cinematics require a bit more work.
We would say that, the issue is that Ocean is a perfectionist. Afaik, he made the cinematics specifically tailored for the songs we used to hear, so even if for us is meh, I can see why he'd want to remove them. Don't agree with it but I understand it.

4.30 star(s) 505 Votes