Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
oh dang.......that was really a total lack of reading skill, im such an idiot......thx for pointing it out, i was going mad XD. Now i have another stupid question, is it normal that when maja drive the protagonist home when she ask him to keep an eye on vic it doesnt matter between the first two choice he says he will do it for a favor?
That is a bug and was already pointed to Ocean on his discord.

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
Vanessa has dom and sub routes. Amber was said to have a sub route too but that was a very long time ago and the game has changed a lot since then in Ocean's mind.
Thanks for answering! I hope they still have the option to have sub or dom, the choice in games is always good for players :giggle:

kingadam696

Mar 15, 2022
Summer's Gone Walkthrough

As Zoey Raven has ceased working on the Summer's Gone walkthough, I've built a new one.

If you find any errors or have constructive suggestions to improve the usability of this walkthrough, please let me know.

Edit: Updated for Chapter 4.5.
It would appear that in 4.5, for all the additional Mila kiss scenes after MilaKiss4x5 to occur, you need to have also done the date with her. They don't happen if you only have MilaKiss4x5.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Is the evil patch now updated to 4.5 final - including the chapter 2 rework?
Yes, but...

The 'argument' was mostly a semantic one. This is 100% the most up to date patch released by the 'evil modder' (updated 4 days ago). A large number of typo fixes etc. haven't been applied to the patch though, so Sancho continues to refer to it as a beta.

Typo fixes etc. not being applied to the patch is common. There are ~113 differences between the 4.5 beta patch and the 4.5 final patch, vs ~434 differences between the 4.5 beta main scripts and the 4.5 final main scripts, vs ~1200+ differences between the 4.5 final main scripts and the 4.5 final patch.
It would appear that in 4.5, for all the additional Mila kiss scenes after MilaKiss4x5 to occur, you need to have also done the date with her. They don't happen if you only have MilaKiss4x5.
Is this a question or an error report? The conditions in the walkthrough reflect what's in the script afaik. It's certainly possible I've made a mistake, or there's an error in the original script. If something isn't working right in the walkthrough, you'd need to provide some specifics so I know where to look (ideally quotes from the relevant scenes).

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Ocean noticed that a lot of people were interested in her, this is what he said about her:
The game and the story are going nowhere this way.

Some people need to realize that a story needs a hero, a heroine, a few antagonists, some hero's and heroine's sidekicks, side characters, extras and crowd characters.

Now, I'm watching more and more people wanting that more and more random female extra characters become LIs with their proper routes. This is pretty damn crazy.

I hope the Author realizes that he must scrap some side stories and LI routes in order to go somewhere with this VN.

In the meanwhile, I'm enjoying what he has delivered.

bratkoratko

Jan 11, 2023
The game and the story are going nowhere this way.

Some people need to realize that a story needs a hero, a heroine, a few antagonists, some hero's and heroine's sidekicks, side characters, extras and crowd characters.

Now, I'm watching more and more people wanting that more and more random female extra characters become LIs with their proper routes. This is pretty damn crazy.

I hope the Author realizes that he must scrap some side stories and LI routes in order to go somewhere with this VN.

In the meanwhile, I'm enjoying what he has delivered.
Being a dik was started at the same time and look after 4 years where is one and where is the other.. unfortunately i don't think this thing is gonna be done at all, cause at this pace it wont be finished before 2030...are people still going to support this thing even after 10 years of development lol?

Talent is here no one is denying that, but terrible management and obsession with perfection are huge setbacks of this project

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
I strongly agree with you in this point. The biggest mistake an author can make is to adjust the story s/he wants to tell because of dreamwishes from randoms. You'll never come to an end on this way. If you have 1000 players you have 1000 opinions. You can't satisfy them all. At the end everyone is disappointed and the author depressed.

It's nice to get feedback and every author should take critics or comments seriously if they were pointed out constructively. But everyones darling is everyones asshole. No author should adjust the story for the audience. Who even says those people represents the majority taste?

BTW which one was Kate again?

Jordanskene01

Dec 11, 2022
I strongly agree with you in this point. The biggest mistake an author can make is to adjust the story s/he wants to tell because of dreamwishes from randoms. You'll never come to an end on this way. If you have 1000 players you have 1000 opinions. You can't satisfy them all. At the end everyone is disappointed and the author depressed.

It's nice to get feedback and every author should take critics or comments seriously if they were pointed out constructively. But everyones darling is everyones asshole. No author should adjust the story for the audience. Who even says those people represents the majority taste?

BTW which one was Kate again?
This Blonde Chick Screenshot_20230316_005356_Summer's Gone.jpg

Swarovsky7

Jan 26, 2022
Being a dik was started at the same time and look after 4 years where is one and where is the other.. unfortunately i don't think this thing is gonna be done at all, cause at this pace it wont be finished before 2030...are people still going to support this thing even after 10 years of development lol?

Talent is here no one is denying that, but terrible management and obsession with perfection are huge setbacks of this project
2030 sounds like a very optimistic date...

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Nah she doesn't need a Romance path. At best a quicky but no more. Got enough LIs as is!

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
Midway into season 2 Ocean will just find an excuse to overhaul season 1 and change shit again.
Oh darling, wherever did you get such an idea? The entire point of these reworks is so that everything's on the same level of quality for the steam release. After Season 1's complete, and he does all of the sufficient editing required, the release is coming right after. Why, oh why, would he go back to it? You guys are acting like he's doing these reworks for absolutely no reason... like I get the frustration, but dang.
And since it doesn't seem likely that he will be able to hire help that meets his standards
You must have him confused for another developer.... unlike a few other developers who won't be named, Oceans was always willing to hire help. The problem lies in finding reliable help, not someone who will bail mid-code until the last minute. If memory serves me well, something to that effect has happened already. Furthermore, would you trust just anyone to work on something you'd been dedicating the last few years of your life to?
I'd say the game will last a few more years but it'll be more likely to get the abandoned tag than the completed one
No offence, but I've always found it interesting how so many users suddenly gained the ability to tell the future...

Last edited:

SerenityMD

Jul 14, 2020
Instead of whining here that updates take too long, enjoy the carefully crafted content with beautiful cinematics and music. Personally I can't thank Ocean enough for this masterpiece, not only it resonates inside me due to similar circumstances, I found some closure with my past believe it or not. And my Spotify playlist has a lot more ambient stuff from vesky now. For those of you who are old enough to drive and have a car - try listening to vesky during a night ride (thank me later).

I guess what I'm trying to say is - I rather wait till 2030,40,50 but enjoy a good quality content and a rich story, not just copy/paste sex scenes and default assets from Daz store which every VN is full of them already.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
It isn't wise to compare Ocean to DPC. Sure they are both decent devs. But DPC, despite adamantly working alone, is usually extremely consistent and pushes the borders of top end AVNs. Not many devs can do what he does and he doesn't cave in to want the fans want - Which is a great thing to see.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
No offence, but I've always found it interesting how so many users suddenly gained the ability to tell the future...
I get what Ocean is doing and I get why. I have no issue with him bringing the render quality up to par with the rest of the game. I have no issue with the longer development time. I liked all previous updates and corresponding reworks. I hated this new one because of how much it changed the story and characters. In my opinion, and I mean no disrespect to anyone who likes the game better as it stands, SG was made worse and far less enjoyable. It lost most of the emotion, uniqueness and amazing atmosphere it previously had.

As I said before this was my favorite game for 2 years. The latest update knocked it out of my top 5. That doesn't mean I hate it or Ocean. I wouldn't be posting in the thread of a game I don't care about.

Also never stated Ocean wouldn't work with anyonse else. I said it would be hard for him to find someone he finds capable and trustworthy enough. Which, like you said, Ocean himselfmentioned before.

And finally my guess for the future of this game is just a guess. But it is based on the pattern of behavior exhibited by the dev.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
I hated this new one because of how much it changed the story and characters. In my opinion, and I mean no disrespect to anyone who likes the game better as it stands, SG was made worse and far less enjoyable. It lost most of the emotion, uniqueness and amazing atmosphere it previously had.
I don't think somebody cross-posted it here but Ocean addressed some of the last chapter criticism in the off-topic thread:

I totally get those points and I agree with the Bella ones. (Like them having lost some of their edge. The fact that both presented an extreme, made for an interesting dynamic.)

It was definitely my plan to make the MC less edgy, as even I thought some stuff was just too much. (A smoother transition from the CH2 to Ch3 MC.)

But I didn't purposefully intend to go too far with the Bella x MC dynamic cut. (More about this a little lower in the post.)

A few of the points got changed in order to prepare for something in the future.
For example the Mila part.

It's something that hits home for her, and she has seen the MC twice at that time. So people do what people do... Act tough.
But we'll get to this in a later chapter.

One thing that many people probably don't have on their radar (Including me), is also responsible for the way I wrote the Bella x MC dynamic.
Four years ago, it was easy to write the MC and Bella, as my mind was set entirely on the overly edgy MC he was back then.

But nowadays I'm writing Season 5 and Season 6, in which the MC is a different person.
My mind and the MC itself are in a completely different state than what was needed for a Chapter 2 edgy boi/girl.

So much stuff has happened, the MC evolved, de-evolved, broke & overcame problems. He grew as a person... And so did the picture I have of the characters in my head.

So going back and rewriting such an old Chapter... The current (Season 6) & old MC/Bella kinda blended together.
Not on purpose, but because the way I see the MC/Bella is completely different now, and definitely an issue on my side that I should've thought about before rewriting some of the dialogues.

But thanks to some actual criticism, and not just bland rude banter (Which I now just block people for), I was able to see it.

So thanks a lot for that! :)

Another big issue is... Nobody likes change.
Even if from an objective standpoint, something got improved... You took something familiar from an old player.
There's a 90% chance that people are going to complain.

And I understand it. (Looking at you, potential KOTOR remake.)

I will take another look at some of the dialogue between Bella & the MC & ship it with the second part of the Chapter 2 rework that comes with the Chapter 5 full.

Mar 7, 2023
I don't think somebody cross-posted it here but Ocean addressed some of the last chapter criticism in the off-topic thread:
Yes that explains, Ocean didn't have the whole project in his mind yet, before doing a chapter. And then if you go into one extreme, it's difficult to go in another direction later on, so he needs to rewrite it in earlier chapters...

Of course better to write the whole script once, but nobody got a budget like mainstream movies, where they have years and years to write the script over and over, until everyone is happy.

And even with those scripts, I was told, they have nice script, but because of some political incorrect BS, like LGBT stuff, which they added later on, to get extra money. Some of the storylines need to be rewritten to add extra characters for example. With movies we don't know how good or bad the stories were before, because we only get to see the end product. But with a game like this one, we see that an older story line (chapter) was a little bit better, or at least a little bit different.

He probably didn't even know if he would write another chapter, it all depends on how people like the story. If nobody liked it, it would have died off earlier...

(So lets see if this post gets banned again).

4.30 star(s) 505 Votes