Mar 7, 2023
Maybe he used a particular song in this cinematic and had to remove it?
Still,don't know why he had to remove the whole cinematic...

Like we all know Oceanlab ,he'll explain it ;)
He needed to redo most of the music, because he wanted to get on stream or so. He could only use unlicensed or self made music. That's very difficult.

So he gets todo what he can, and probably will update it in the future a few times, until he gets it right, and we get a patch, to restore the original music, everyone happy...

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkOs31

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020

. The Nojiko porch scene is the clearest example of where the game is going. And it's becoming worse for it.

I understand what you are saying and I agree that it is less edgy/dark. Ocean reinforces a different aspect of the MC - how hard it is for him to climb out of the pit of isolation where he chose to live for years.

Now the MC has multiple near panic attacks, one with Maja while she is driving the MC home and another where the crowd in college starts to overwhelm him and he has to go to an empty classroom to try to regain control.

This leads to the prefect encounter and once the prefect grabs the MC, all bets are off and he hits the prefect so hard, he knocks him down, then flees, recognizing that he has to work on his temper. (This adds to the story and currently, consequences are unknown, but I'm sure that there will be some kind of consequence.)

The Nojiko porch scene is, I believe, a great add.

It reinforces the MC/Nojiko relationship and her unconditional love. She is there for him, sharing whatever he wants and needs - be it the comfort of silence or talking about what is on his mind. Beza's 'Watching From The Stars' is a great music addition, especially given how much music we lost due to licensing issues.

This scene helps to balance the increased fragility of the MC's psyche as he pushes himself to rejoin the world.

Some people better identify with the pre CH 4.5 version of the MC, who was darker/more edgy.

I identify with the MC better now, in CH 4.5 given the way Ocean has done the rework.

I also like the way he is adding the beginning of the Sasha route in the CH 2 rework, with the Sasha friend encounter in the classroom when he is trying to recover after almost being overwhelmed by the crowd.

Ocean will never be able to give us all of what we want/hope for.

In the end, I believe he will give us a great story, with amazing renders and music, and most (TM) of the LIs we want to enjoy!

Cheers! :coffee:

DarkOs31

Apr 28, 2020
I understand what you are saying and I agree that it is less edgy/dark. Ocean reinforces a different aspect of the MC - how hard it is for him to climb out of the pit of isolation where he chose to live for years.

Now the MC has multiple near panic attacks, one with Maja while she is driving the MC home and another where the crowd in college starts to overwhelm him and he has to go to an empty classroom to try to regain control.

This leads to the prefect encounter and once the prefect grabs the MC, all bets are off and he hits the prefect so hard, he knocks him down, then flees, recognizing that he has to work on his temper. (This adds to the story and currently, consequences are unknown, but I'm sure that there will be some kind of consequence.)

It reinforces the MC/Nojiko relationship and her unconditional love. She is there for him, sharing whatever he wants and needs - be it the comfort of silence or talking about what is on his mind. Beza's 'Watching From The Stars' is a great music addition, especially given how much music we lost due to licensing issues.

This scene helps to balance the increased fragility of the MC's psyche as he pushes himself to rejoin the world.

Some people better identify with the pre CH 4.5 version of the MC, who was darker/more edgy.

I identify with the MC better now, in CH 4.5 given the way Ocean has done the rework.

I also like the way he is adding the beginning of the Sasha route in the CH 2 rework, with the Sasha friend encounter in the classroom when he is trying to recover after almost being overwhelmed by the crowd.

In the end, I believe he will give us a great story, with amazing renders and music, and most (TM) of the LIs we want to enjoy!

Cheers! :coffee:
I don't take it personaly,i never do...
Just cuz i am one of those guys who thinks the previous MC was better,i wanted to say why ;)
Like i previous said,i'm a borderliner (i'm not digging for pity or so),i can get why MC is anxious about meeting other people...
It's really difficult to socialize ...
Online it's waaay easier ...
You'll always fear about someone will hurt you,or maybe only dissapoint you...
So you'll always have a hard time to trust new people...
I know ,i know ... That's life...
And guys like me are really trying...

In this game,if you wanna get all the goodie points,you are forced to change yourself,cuz you need to socialize with all the beauty girls...
And it's G R E A T ! ! ! :love:

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
[...]
I was surprised as hell when suddenly found that there is another version of this scene, it happens if you'll reject Jeff's offer to go to the gym at the beginning of the game. It seems like most players can't let MC stay good old Spaghetti Arms, so this option is rarely chosen. I will not spoil the whole scene, but at the end the prefect walks away ashamed :)

Very nice scene indeed, it also shows that MC is not quite the cold, calculating and insensitive type that he seems to others at first. And behind his deliberate indifference, he really cares about people close to him and he shows it barely saying a word.

[...]
It really amazes me how some people (I don't mean you) laughed at the MC for being such an "edgelord" just a year ago. And now others are complaining that MC become such a pussy and emo. Yeah, Ocean, give us Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, two for the price of one!

DemonLoverBoy

Nov 15, 2020
Don't know you enough to tell you if it's worth it for you, but the render quality changed, the dialogue improved tons and many of it was changed (for me this made it easier to play), all the characters have better models and some completely changed their looks (in my opinion that was a favor to them). If you ever got to meet a very clingy annoying character, I think they're a little more tolerable and likeable now. While it seems to follow the general story so far, it was also slightly modified to match SG.
I gave it a shot and I liked those changes, so only you can decide if you wanna try for yourself.
Im confused by your reply. Are you suggesting the rework got a rework? That shit puts me off.

GeladoFeitan

May 18, 2017
To those interested (And I gonna keep Updating this the more I find stuff)

Compendium of Sasha being suspicious as fuck:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

...and Sasha simply looking like MC is the most wonderful person who ever existed:

Can't wait to see who she really is.

EDIT: She only joins the gym and sends Robin to lure MC in if you have shown interest in Bella, if you don't Robin doesn't invite you to join them. What does that tell you?
i can see almost all of what you said but the part where you say that she sends robin after mc after the breakdown i dont think that happend, it seems that robin was already in the bathroom

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Fun Shaundi

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
First off, I really enjoy reading your posts. Even when my opinion differs from yours it's always nice to see someone else's perspective. And you manage to explain yours pretty damn well.

To clarify, I'd like to address the Nojiko scene and thew panic attacks addition. I love Nojiko. She is the only attractive milf in the game for me (sorry Amber, Miss Hill and Marla lovers). I always want more of her. The issue I have with that scene is how weak I find it. It felt hollow. Empty. The dialogue is weak. It didn't have the emotional weight that SG delivered in previous versions. So I couldn't help but look at it as only an excuse to throw in some Nojiko lewd renders. I don't hate that its there. it just really doesn't do much for me.

The panic attacks thing I hate. Straight up. From top to bottom.I will never come to terms with it. It changes the MC personality too much and that's hard to stomach. I could deal with the toning down of his edginess but now he almost seems bipolar. Like one minute he doesn't give a fuck about anyone else, says things with no filter and is generally an asshole. He projects a stoic, strong and unbothered persona. Then the next minute he is cowering down afraid of everything around him like a little bitch. What? It made sense to me before, his freakout with Vic's eraser and later after kissing Nami (if you chose to do so). Those were consistent with everything we had seen and Nami had warned him not to get too much on his plate at once. The panic attacks just make no sense. There was never any mention of them. He doesn't speak about them with Nami, Nojiko or Amber. They just appeared misteriously one day.

All these reworks are introducing serious continuity issues with the story and its getting harder and harder to ignore them.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
I am a rather stoic person to others. But when the anxiety hits it is hard to ignore. Many of those who repress things to try to be stoic often explode later down the line. So it is not outside the realm of impossibility. Though this game does suffer from massive issues with consistency i many ways. One of the biggest offenders is Bella.

• Wow
Reactions: MixQQ

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
(...)
The panic attacks thing I hate. Straight up. From top to bottom.I will never come to terms with it. It changes the MC personality too much and that's hard to stomach. I could deal with the toning down of his edginess but now he almost seems bipolar. Like one minute he doesn't give a fuck about anyone else, says things with no filter and is generally an asshole. He projects a stoic, strong and unbothered persona. Then the next minute he is cowering down afraid of everything around him like a little bitch. What? It made sense to me before, his freakout with Vic's eraser and later after kissing Nami (if you chose to do so). Those were consistent with everything we had seen and Nami had warned him not to get too much on his plate at once. The panic attacks just make no sense. There was never any mention of them. He doesn't speak about them with Nami, Nojiko or Amber. They just appeared misteriously one day.
All these reworks are introducing serious continuity issues with the story and its getting harder and harder to ignore them.
I mentioned it before, but as someone who, for coincidences in life, went through something similar as MC, I'd say Ocean pretty much nailed it with the panic attacks and behaviour in general. MC already had a problematic attitude (see what a little shit he was to Summer and Nami when he first met Summer). Add depression and PTSD to the list and he will behave like a very unstable person who, at times, might seem like he's having contradictory emotions all the time. In a way they are, not even us can explain what's up with us, we only know that something isn't right, and we're aware of it. And for me, it took me years to confide my family with my panic attacks and anger issues. Sometimes we don't talk about it cause we're embarrassed of it and we don't want to scare our loved ones, or we're afraid they might just tag us as 'crazy'. That's why family can be the last ones to know.

So I'm afraid that many people won't understand MC's behavior and will think it's all over the place if they never have studied anything related to say, psychology, or if they haven't experienced the same thing in real life (which is great, I wouldn't wish this to anyone, so the fact that you don't know it cause you haven't experienced it is good).

But that's just how I see things.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
I mentioned it before, but as someone who, for coincidences in life, went through something similar as MC, I'd say Ocean pretty much nailed it with the panic attacks and behaviour in general. MC already had a problematic attitude (see what a little shit he was to Summer and Nami when he first met Summer). Add depression and PTSD to the list and he will behave like a very unstable person who, at times, might seem like he's having contradictory emotions all the time. In a way they are, not even us can explain what's up with us, we only know that something isn't right, and we're aware of it. And for me, it took me years to confide my family with my panic attacks and anger issues. Sometimes we don't talk about it cause we're embarrassed of it and we don't want to scare our loved ones, or we're afraid they might just tag us as 'crazy'. That's why family can be the last ones to know.

So I'm afraid that many people won't understand MC's behavior and will think it's all over the place if they never have studied anything related to say, psychology, or if they haven't experienced the same thing in real life (which is great, I wouldn't wish this to anyone, so the fact that you don't know it cause you haven't experienced it is good).

But that's just how I see things.
Fair.

Could you address this: "The panic attacks just make no sense. There was never any mention of them. He doesn't speak about them with Nami, Nojiko or Amber. They just appeared misteriously one day."

Are we to assume the panic attack in the car with Maja was his first ever? Why has he not mentioned it to anyone. Was it addressed "off screen"? It seems like a rather important detail about MC's psychological status to not be mentioned with Amber, Noji or Nami ever, right?

When I'm saying it doesn't make sense I am talking about the ENTIRE CONTEXT OF THE GAME THUS FAR. It is inconsistent with what we were provided pre or even post reworks. Ocean could have added 2 renders with MC stating to Nami something like "it happened again. In the car with Maja" for example. Instead it's just something that happens, seems important but is never mentioned or adressed.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Could you address this: "The panic attacks just make no sense. There was never any mention of them. He doesn't speak about them with Nami, Nojiko or Amber. They just appeared misteriously one day."
I'm sorry for interfering, but those panic attacks were mentioned by MC since the Ch.2 came out. He confessed to Vic about that in the physiotherapy:
"This might be the hardest thing you'll ever have to do.. I- I'm in a desperate need to let go of my past and the worst thing you could do is to live denial.. to not face your fears.. and end up like me.. Everytime I.. try to let go I feel like I'm suffocating, my heart rate increases and I'm about to have a panic attack.. It did cost me a lot of courage to agree on date with you.. But it was a first and very important step for me.. I might not show affection the way other people do.. but it's there. I still feel.. *you take a deep breath* vulnerable.. scared.. and alone.."
So either he lied to Vic about it or the scenes where he had these panic attacks were missing and Ocean just fixed it.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Fair.

Are we to assume the panic attack in the car with Maja was his first ever? Why has he not mentioned it to anyone. Was it addressed "off screen"? It seems like a rather important detail about MC's psychological status to not be mentioned with Amber, Noji or Nami ever, right?

When I'm saying it doesn't make sense I am talking about the ENTIRE CONTEXT OF THE GAME THUS FAR. It is inconsistent with what we were provided pre or even post reworks. Ocean could have added 2 renders with MC stating to Nami something like "it happened again. In the car with Maja" for example. Instead it's just something that happens, seems important but is never mentioned or adressed.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Thanks for sharing this.

Once again, Ocean gives us different paths, with different levels of information, and this is a great example.

I chose differently and there was no Nami to talk this through, I got Sasha's friend instead and, given that the MC has no idea who she is - not even a name, there is no conversation explaining this, just a little introspection with the thought that this has not happened in forever.

Mamaragan

Jun 9, 2019
Thanks for sharing this.

Once again, Ocean gives us different paths, with different levels of information, and this is a great example.

I chose differently and there was no Nami to talk this through, I got Sasha's friend instead and, given that the MC has no idea who she is - not even a name, there is no conversation explaining this, just a little introspection with the thought that this has not happened in forever.
I got this one to.
I think that you got Sasha's friend when you're on bad term with Nami.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes