jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
I was in this camp too. The fact they are so different...maybe Ocean wants to keep people guessing. Or have enough leeway to switch things around, maybe introduce a twist later on. As I see it the game makes very little sense if they aren't blood related. Plus the bond between Nami and the MC that sustains so much of the narrative is severely weakened if they turned out to not be related in my opinion.

There is a reason you don't see anyone asking MC and Nami "why are you white?" after seeing Nojiko...
Well Subscribestar, Itch.io, and Steam all LOVE incest

So maybe with the Steam launch Oceanlab can put that into the "main" game releases. Steam even takes Paypal payments for their incest VNs. That is how I bought all the ones I have on Steam.

So we don't have people who introduce each other as friends but then have a speech on the way to get Pizza about how the feelings Nami has can be used against her. Liking a friend can be used against her? The blood relation just makes the story make sense!

We will see.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
There are no "beliefs" here. There is only the absolute fact that MC and Nami are biological siblings. Period. I would rather they weren't but the simple fact that the question "why is she red?" appears multiple times in the game should make it crystal clear to anyone in doubt. Anything stating otherwise is a workaround for Patreon, SS, PayPal etc...
Man, please. Please, don't be yet another "period guy". This topic is being chewed in this thread for years. Why are you ignoring the other "absolute fact" that the game is in development and not finished yet? if something does not make sense to us now, it may be because we do not yet know the whole story, the author repeated this many times. Why is she red? It's easy, once Nami scolded MC for not doing the dishes. "Why are you so lazy?", she said. He couldn't think of a good excuse, and knowing that offense was the best defense, he replied, "And why are you so... so... so red?". Since then, it has become their inside joke, repeated by MC thousands of times. Until the story is complete, you can turn every "absolute fact" into its opposite. I'm not saying you're wrong, it could really be just a workaround, and this "red" question is really suspicious. Or maybe Nojiko belives that they are siblings when actually they are not and the secret of their birth will be revealed later. Or it could be any other plot twist that has yet to be revealed. I don't know, we'll see that when the game is completed. What I know is that I couldn't care less if the incest tag present or not, the game is awesome regardless of that.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
This argument is one one the most insane things I've heard repeatedly in my life. There is not a single shred of logical thinking behind this. Blood does matter. Whether you're raised together or not doesn't matter at all. One has serious medical/biological implications for offspring. The other has no effect whatsoever on any aspect of your life.
Well, yes, for offspring does matter. But that's it.

So unless you are telling me MC has knocked Nami up, it makes no difference.

Anyway, I think you missed my point. I was talking about their relationship, not whether they are planning a life with kids.

Also, if blood-related, they could adopt, so no biggie either.

I was in this camp too. The fact they are so different...maybe Ocean wants to keep people guessing. Or have enough leeway to switch things around, maybe introduce a twist later on. As I see it the game makes very little sense if they aren't blood related. Plus the bond between Nami and the MC that sustains so much of the narrative is severely weakened if they turned out to not be related in my opinion.

There is a reason you don't see anyone asking MC and Nami "why are you white?" after seeing Nojiko...
The bond thing is not true. Adoptive siblings are as close as blood related.

The thing about her hair color does suggest blood related. Although if not siblings, MC knew her parents and they could be non redheads. Not supporting this, simply giving a possible explanation for an unlikely scenario

Last edited:

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Their hate for each other doesn't make much sense to me either to be honest but since these two are one of the very few dual LI paths I'm not convinced they'll hate each other forever. I can fix them, I'm sure.
It does make sense:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I believe what happens to the Mila/Bella relationship going forward could depend on MC/player choices. The dual LI path for these two could get violently dark. Bella has a definite crazy, vindictive, and violent streak - will the MC encourage that? As Bella falls in love with the MC, I see her becoming insanely possessive and jealous of any other LIs interactions with the MC...

(I do not rule out Bella being the cause of Sasha's misfortune. At the very least, I think Sasha is trying to guide/protect Robin on a path to right a historical wrong and avoid Bella's wrath. Robin to MC: "She is a friend. Or was a friend. I just-..." MC thinking: "I wonder what really destroyed their friendship. It's almost like Robin feels guilty and just really wants to make up with her.".

Last edited:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
The thing about her hair color does suggest blood related. Although if not siblings, MC knew her parents and they could be non redheads. Not supporting this, simply giving a possible explanation for an unlikely scenario
The "redhead gene" is a recessive gene (there are in fact multiple genes involved, all recessive). It means that two non-redhead parents who both happen to have the redhead gene, can have a redhead child (25% chance), as well as non-redhead children.

Their non-redhead children also have a 66.6% chance to carry the same recessive redhead gene.

Last edited:

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
The "redhead gene" is a recessive gene (there are in fact multiple genes involved, all recessive). It means that two non-redhead parents who both happen to have the redhead gene, can have a redhead child (25% chance), as well as non-redhead children.

Their non-redhead children also have a 66.6% chance to carry the same recessive redhead gene.
Oooh! Not many people know that!

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
It's the same with green eyes. Most recessive. Followed by Blue and Brown being the dominant eye colour. My sister is a red head, despite both my parents being brunettes and I am a brunette too. Though patches of my hair does turn copper in summer. Annoying as it is.

Trojaner

Donor
Apr 4, 2018
I've known that the redhead gene is recessive since I learned about genetics in the high school now over 30 years ago, I did read about the multiple genes from the Wiki just now. I know, I cheated :p
We all Love Chicks with a Burning Roof & Cellar (Redheads) ... Thats all what is importend .... Nobody cares bout School and Science Stuff. :ROFLMAO:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Just saying that the redhead gene thing is pretty well known, at least in the parts of the world where redheads are not uncommon. Didn't try to brag.

Reactions: Trojaner

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
It's the same with green eyes. Most recessive. Followed by Blue and Brown being the dominant eye colour. My sister is a red head, despite both my parents being brunettes and I am a brunette too. Though patches of my hair does turn copper in summer. Annoying as it is.
Why annoying? Many animals adapt their fur colour depending on season!

• Haha
Reactions: Penfold Mole

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Well, not everyone is a native english speaker.
Eh, not a good enough excuse in this day and age. Especially with the tech, and help, available. Even the ones who translate into English often do a poor job and they are native speakers.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I believe what happens to the Mila/Bella relationship going forward could depend on MC/player choices. The dual LI path for these two could get violently dark. Bella has a definite crazy, vindictive, and violent streak - will the MC encourage that? As Bella falls in love with the MC, I see her becoming insanely possessive and jealous of any other LIs interactions with the MC...
I see Bella getting jealous - think on her reaction to the MC if he calls Karen (when he goes to get his id) attractive, but the MC is going to have to make a choice if he is going with either Mila or Bella. They are not a compatible throuple, given their history at a minimum.

If the MC tries to play games with the feelings of both Mila and Bella, then I think there will be relationship ending choices that we will reach but it is far too early to predict what they are and how violent things will get before that happens.

Ocean has taken Summers Gone in a lighter (versus Darker) direction and I don't see over the top violence between the two women. The MC is trying to get control of his temper and rejoin society versus pursuing a darker, more psychotic path. The old SG may have allowed this, but I don't see Ocean building up and extending story arcs for psychotic female relationships any more than he now does this for the MC.

I think the reaction will be more along the lines of 'the MC is just not worth it - I am done' versus even the equivalent of the MC fight scene in the classroom where he gets ambushed.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Eh, not a good enough excuse in this day and age. Especially with the tech, and help, available. Even the ones who translate into English often do a poor job and they are native speakers.
Then do an AVN yourself. Then you can show the world how to do it right. I hate this arrogance of people who think the whole world should speak perfect English. 17.1% of people on Earth speak Mandarin, 7.3% speak Hindi, 5.8% speak Spanish and only then comes English at 5.2%. May I ask how good is your Chinese and Hindi? I mean, with all the tech and the help available. It would be a poor excuse these days and age if you can't get it perfect.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Then do an AVN yourself. Then you can show the world how to do it right. I hate this arrogance of people who think the whole world should speak perfect English. 17.1% of people on Earth speak Mandarin, 7.3% speak Hindi, 5.8% speak Spanish and only then comes English at 5.2%. May I ask how good is your Chinese and Hindi? I mean, with all the tech and the help available. It would be a poor excuse these days and age if you can't get it perfect.
Well, firstly, I am working on an AVN. Have roughly 220 renders done so far. Secondly, I am fluent in German, and French, also know Italian (Though not fluent). If I had an inclination to translate into Chinese, or Hindi, I would seek people out who do speak that language. I wouldn't, for the life of me, make a game with the base language of one I am not utterly familiar with - Especially if I plan to make money from it. Just setting yourself up for failure. Ignorance is rarely a good excuse ... Especially when a person's money is involved.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
I see Bella getting jealous - think on her reaction to the MC if he calls Karen (when he goes to get his id) attractive, but the MC is going to have to make a choice if he is going with either Mila or Bella. They are not a compatible throuple, given their history at a minimum.

If the MC tries to play games with the feelings of both Mila and Bella, then I think there will be relationship ending choices that we will reach but it is far too early to predict what they are and how violent things will get before that happens.

Ocean has taken Summers Gone in a lighter (versus Darker) direction and I don't see over the top violence between the two women. The MC is trying to get control of his temper and rejoin society versus pursuing a darker, more psychotic path. The old SG may have allowed this, but I don't see Ocean building up and extending story arcs for psychotic female relationships any more than he now does this for the MC.

I think the reaction will be more along the lines of 'the MC is just not worth it - I am done' versus even the equivalent of the MC fight scene in the classroom where he gets ambushed.
Yeah, Ocean has implicitly stated he is ditching the more darker paths he originally planned, at least regarding the MC (he said: "Don't compare the "Dark route" I had originally planned to most of the "Dark routes" games have on this site. There is the "Oh! You were mean to me" dark kind of stuff. And there's what I was planning. The FSK 18 kind of darkness. Psychological corruption/Submission, violence, intimidation, etc.")

Ocean's also stated that while the MC will never go full psycho, he'll never be a Mr Nice Guy either. On the Bella/Mila path, at least for a casual friendship with Mila on the Bella Path, Ocean's stated, "For example, a rumor about you and Girl X is going around while being together with Bella and she keeps seeing you with her. That can turn out problematic or at least raise some uncomfortable questions."

What would happen if the MC cheats on Bella with Mila is anyone's guess, because that obviously crosses another line altogether, and only Ocean has an answer to that.

The warning signs are there already. I think of all the characters introduced so far, Bella is the one likely to have the worst reaction to the MC cheating on her. As you say, however, Ocean may force a nipping in the bud to prevent any Bella/Mila rivalry getting too dark (the MC has already warned Bella that Mila is off limits in terms of being a patsy for the Holgerson robbery).

PS - on the MC/Bella/Mila throuple... it may be nothing, but there's one deliberate difference in a dialogue between Mila and Nami about Bella while on the Bella path, depending if the MC has chosen to go on a date with Mila or not:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 506 Votes