Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
My bad - it's been > 4.5 months since this was released (Nov 25th release) so I did not think of it as a spoiler.

I amended my post to hide the CH 4.5 content for those who have not played the latest content or have not played the Bella path).

Cheers!
OK by me. I had to stop reading at the 1st paragraph.
Since 4.5 came out and the arguing about all the bugs, nonworking patches and whatnots I busied myself with other smutty stories.

Took up the "old" WIAB again but found it even more awkward than when I started it in 2019.
Now when clues from WIAB are popping up in "new" SG I've chucked the "old" and hopped on the "new" WIAB train.
I find it more fluent in story.
One objection though to a theory of Miru's offspring.
She (Miru) would, at least to me, look like a 2nd or 3rd generation of mixed ethnicity.
Looking at my own kids who are southeast asian/nordic I wouldn't guess Ayua sprung from the womb of Miru unless she got knocked up by some 1st generation east asian.

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
If I recall correctly he has
  • 1 dedicated machine for SG still renders
  • 1 dedicated machine for WiAB still renders
  • 1 shared machine for animations and cinematics
But he wanted to move towards a single work machine for setting up renders and several machines to consume the render queue. I don't remember if he already switched or not.
The shared machine for the animations and cinematics hasn't been used since Chapter 4 Beta. The PC can't handle a 3090 & the 2080Ti doesn't have enough VRAM.

So it's only two PCs atm.

I haven't made the switch to one strong main PC with several Slave PCs yet.
I need to acquire at least one A6000 Ada for each of the main static render PCs. (But they cost ~10K€ each here in Germany). So there won't be any hardware upgrades for quite a while.

And it needs to be A6000 Ada, otherwise the cards will be obsolete when I make the switch to Blender.

While WiAB currently uses an A6000 (older 3000 series), it's way too slow. (Like 70% of a 3090.) and costs 4.5x as much as a single 3090.
Especially on WiAB, a big bunch of animations can lock the PC down for weeks.
Slave PCs are absolutely necessary for the future.

Maybe I can make the upgrades after the release.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
The shared machine for the animations and cinematics hasn't been used since Chapter 4 Beta. The PC can't handle a 3090 & the 2080Ti doesn't have enough VRAM.

So it's only two PCs atm.

I haven't made the switch to one strong main PC with several Slave PCs yet.
I need to acquire at least one A6000 Ada for each of the main static render PCs. (But they cost ~10K€ each here in Germany). So there won't be any hardware upgrades for quite a while.

And it needs to be A6000 Ada, otherwise the cards will be obsolete when I make the switch to Blender.

While WiAB currently uses an A6000 (older 3000 series), it's way too slow. (Like 70% of a 3090.) and costs 4.5x as much as a single 3090.
Especially on WiAB, a big bunch of animations can lock the PC down for weeks.
Slave PCs are absolutely necessary for the future.

Maybe I can make the upgrades after the release.
Thanks for taking the time to set things straight. Yes, we do often muse and talk crap here. Thus, it's always good to get the correct info "straight from the horse's mouth."

...and, all the best for the Steam release.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Duude, you just need patience, our MC is already surrounded by doctors:
Bella's mom - psychotherapist
View attachment 2542629
landlady ;) Nojiko - doctor
View attachment 2542632
Bella's aunt - doctor
View attachment 2542633
At the moment, only a few days of playing time have passed. You need to be patient and wait for Season 2. And then.... when Bella pull down her panties....:p everything will fall into place(y). Moreover, Nami will prepare you by that time;)
View attachment 2542640
il_794xN.750891275_oyo1.png

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
I think you're envisioning the coding as being a lot more complicated than it is (for a seasoned dev). The real test is going to be how the conclusion of reworking chapters effects the development cycle. Can time in between updates be reduced to ~4 months per? I guess we will find out.
Chapters won't be reworked after the Chapter 5 (this next) update my man

Sep 18, 2022
Chapters won't be reworked after the Chapter 5 (this next) update my man
Yes, I know this? I don't think you understood my post my guy. I'm curious as to how fast Ocean will be able to pump out updates once reworks are out of the way. Specifically, how many renders can be done in a week?

Mamaragan

Jun 9, 2019
Yes, I know this? I don't think you understood my post my guy. I'm curious as to how fast Ocean will be able to pump out updates once reworks are out of the way. Specifically, how many renders can be done in a week?
If you want an idea, go there and click on SG table.
Between chapter 4 and 4.5, only 124 days separate the two. If, from now on, it stays somewhat consistent between release after the rework is done, then you're looking between 4-5 months per chapter

Reactions: sava75
Sep 18, 2022
If you want an idea, go there and click on SG table.
Between chapter 4 and 4.5, only 124 days separate the two. If, from now on, it stays somewhat consistent between release after the rework is done, then you're looking between 4-5 months per chapter
Thanks, that is promising. Hopefully Ocean will be able to get his rigs set up like he wants after the steam release.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Yeah. But you still have to wonder if he won't have to redo chapter 3 for the sake of graphic and story consistency.
He's been reworking CH 3 & CH 3.5 while he did/does the CH 2 rework. He is updating hundreds of renders, eliminating music and associated animations (music licensing issues), adding in content re: Sasha path (we won't know how much this impacts CH 3/3.5 until the rework is done with CH 5 Full) and addressing continuity issues.

Ocean has said that the CH 5 Full content is the last rework to be done (all in preparation for the Steam Season 1 release).

Everything I've seen on SS and Discord makes me believe that Ocean is Very interested in finishing up the rework and moving SG forward into the future without the need to rework the past.

Steam is a Much larger stage for Summers Gone.

Ocean gets one chance to make a great first impression and all the rework is aimed at achieving just that.

The resourcing from a Steam release could well give Ocean the $ bump that allows him to take his hardware to the next level.

This will, in turn, lead to faster development since Ocean has never shied away from making complex animations and high quality, detailed renders.

So, if you have not already done so, consider wishlisting Summers Gone on Steam. It is a $0 cost way to support this great AVN and the added visibility SG achieves from enough of us doing this will make a tangible difference on Steam.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Yeah. But you still have to wonder if he won't have to redo chapter 3 for the sake of graphic and story consistency.
It's not graphic and story consistency. It's about the Steam release.
Steam allows you to get a free refund of the game if you're under 2 hours of play time, so keeping the players that bought the game is of utmost importance.

SG has IMO the best graphics in the AVN market, but the old Ch1 and Ch2 did not.
If the Steam page previewed the latest renders but when the game starts you get the old sub-par quality many people would refund and leave a bad review. That's obviously not ideal.

Who follows AAA games development knows the first hours of a game are the most critical ones and swallow up a HUGE part of the game's budget. That's the reason why in the Witcher 3 you start the game with the coolest looking armor for instance.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Steam allows you to get a free refund of the game if you're under 2 hours of play time, so keeping the players that bought the game is of utmost importance.
Out of interest, how does that work with AVNs on Steam, especially if the games have a skip/fast-forward option? Or does Steam independently verify game duration based on a non-skipped playthrough?

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes