`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
I don't think animation frames can be equated with static renders, but maybe someone familiar with the process can explain.
Honestly, It's confusing how Ocean calculates the Af.

As stated in Ch4 changelog, 14000 Af were added while mine accounts for only 7415 Af. (Af is Fps*Seconds)
Anyway, I still think that graphics and animation are the most time-consuming part of the job compared to the coding of the script, so the number of renders will determine the total amount of work and the time it takes to complete it.
I agree with you, but while the rendering of graphics is limited to the hardware equipped, Ocean's inner perfectionist lengthens the process.

IMO, what's worse is that Ocean hasn't finished writing the story yet. It doesn't matter whether it will be finished by next week or not. It is the main reason why he is so indecisive.

Changing the base of the story (Ch1) and adding new routes (Ch2) out of nowhere is the result as such.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I agree with you, but while the rendering of graphics is limited to the hardware equipped, Ocean's inner perfectionist lengthens the process.
But let's be honest, this is what makes the game what it is. Outstanding graphics, attention to the smallest details, such as pupil dilation or shoulder angle, songs, music and ambient sounds that accurately convey the mood of the scenes. It would be naive of us to think that this is a matter of course and does not require a fair amount of time.

IMO, what's worse is that Ocean hasn't finished writing the story yet. It doesn't matter whether it will be finished by next week or not. It is the main reason why he is so indecisive.

Changing the base of the story (Ch1) and adding new routes (Ch2) out of nowhere is the result as such.
Haha, I'm still not sure if he himself knows exactly what happened to Summer and maybe he just postponed writing this part until the main story gets to this point. Lucky for me, I've always enjoyed the series more than the movies, so I'm happy when there's room for another season.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Out of interest, how does that work with AVNs on Steam, especially if the games have a skip/fast-forward option? Or does Steam independently verify game duration based on a non-skipped playthrough?
Dunno. They count the time from when you start the game to when you close it, but they probably consider achievements unlocked as well. So if you spent 5 hours in the splash screen and haven't unlocked the prologue achievement they'll still refund you, whereas if you skipped the whole game in 15 minutes and unlocked some Ch5 achievements doing so they might refuse to.

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
I'm more concerned with renderings, there were statistics for this game somewhere here, it clearly showed that the average rendering speed is 8-12 static renders per day. And in the fourth chapter there were about 2000+ renders (not counting ch4.5 of course). So at best it would take ~166 days to render one chapter with 2000 renders. But there are also cinematic videos that need to be rendered too, and a bunch of other stuff. I don't think coding is the bottleneck here.
Society if Ocean had a render farm.
1681563417484.png

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Haha, I'm still not sure if he himself knows exactly what happened to Summer and maybe he just postponed writing this part until the main story gets to this point. Lucky for me, I've always enjoyed the series more than the movies, so I'm happy when there's room for another season.
From the story so far, it seems Ocean has a lot of latitude with Summer...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Really so maybe i don't expect much from this year so that atleast i don't feel disappointed every time i look for update here sighs
I check the F95 updates almost every day.

I don't expect to see SG news there very often - perhaps once every 90 -120 days (or slightly more frequently with the rework for CH 5 coming so a CH 5 Beta and then a CH 5 Full release).

I do find many other creators who are worth at least a look - and some of those looks lead to new discoveries that are worth the time for immersion and discussion here on F95.

If you like the discussion about SG here on this thread - come back daily and you're likely to find gold.

If you are only concerned with the next update of SG, returning daily is only going to remind you that quality updates take time and that on any given day, there is high % chance of no update.

Better to go with the F95 update daily check.

You can find other creators you might enjoy and when SG is updated, you will get a pleasant surprise that day - Then come on back to this thread for the download and, maybe, stay for the discussion.

deducify

Mar 26, 2023
Just started playing the game. Chapter 1 was amazing, the visuals, the music, the animations. I am now at chapter 2 but I can't help but feel that the music is lacking and pretty much non existent. Is that how it's meant to be or is it just me ? Could yall lemme know ?

I am also using the music restoration mod btw.

I know the author mentioned a rework of chapter 2.... Maybe it's fixed in that ?

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes