Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
25% of 15 dev logs is almost 2 months more :unsure::unsure::unsure:

prob end of the year
my guy, I think Ocean was speaking in render terms not no. of Dev Logs

Also, slightly off-topic but I really appreciate the people who post the Dev Logs. You guys (there are multiple, right?) literally come straight here and post it in less than ten minutes.
That's pretty impressive. Shout out and thank you!

Last edited:

SweatyDevil

Jan 8, 2022
One thing that got me thinking, is that maybe she could sit there and as Codex35 pointed crying. Because, I think she could saw mc and Bella leaving in her car when she came to him. At that moment she maybe realized that the person she love chose someone else.

GeladoFeitan

May 18, 2017
my guy, I think Ocean was speaking in render terms not no. of Dev Logs

Also, slightly off-topic but I really appreciate the people who post the Dev Logs. You guys (there are multiple, right?) literally come straight here and post it in less than ten minutes.
That's pretty impressive. Shout out and thank you!
yea i know, but if it is 25% more render not going to be 25% more time than it usually is with the normal render number?

with the size that he said its normal for a chapter it takes that many of time dev log = 2 weeks each

and can take more than that because it is missing half of chapter 2..

Reactions: Don Sucio

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I'm curious but, is there any meaning behind the "bellchen" pet name for Bella?
Well if you ware German and your GF's name was Bella, there is a good chance you would call her Bellchen... It's a pet name of Bella. It would be the same with other names too. If you look it sounds like a little Bella, little doesn't mean a kid, but when she was a kid, her mother would call her Bellchen. At least when she were good kid.

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
yea i know, but if it is 25% more render not going to be 25% more time than it usually is with the normal render number?

with the size that he said its normal for a chapter it takes that many of time dev log = 2 weeks each

and can take more than that because it is missing half of chapter 2..
You can't really compare it like that because it doesn't scale linearly. Every update is different because of things like more renders added, different chapters reworked (and different renders), maybe Summer had an issue which caused the development time to skyrocket (think he became sick a couple times, and the recent dog sitting trip also comes to mind), so now its not a proper indicator of time taken to produce the update/ renders...

Then, like I said before, he really improved on his work ethic which caused the production time to sharply decrease, as seen in going from 4 Full to 4.5 beta. Then some issue came up which made the 4.5 Full release so lengthy... and so on and so forth.

When you add all those variables into the length of time needed per update, there's no reliable model which could predict development time for future updates with any amount of accuracy. So to say that 25% more renders = 25% more time is a bit... I dunno. Facile.

PeopleCallMeSmile

Jan 5, 2020
I would understand if they were adopted, kinda older at that time and they never met but, THEY-ARE-SIBLINGS, like real siblings, not only they are blood related but they grew up together, yeah I understand brother complex and all that but Nami is really another thing.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ronaldoahmad

GeladoFeitan

May 18, 2017
You can't really compare it like that because it doesn't scale linearly. Every update is different because of things like more renders added, different chapters reworked (and different renders), maybe Summer had an issue which caused the development time to skyrocket (think he became sick a couple times, and the recent dog sitting trip also comes to mind), so now its not a proper indicator of time taken to produce the update/ renders...

Then, like I said before, he really improved on his work ethic which caused the production time to sharply decrease, as seen in going from 4 Full to 4.5 beta. Then some issue came up which made the 4.5 Full release so lengthy... and so on and so forth.

When you add all those variables into the length of time needed per update, there's no reliable model which could predict development time for future updates with any amount of accuracy. So to say that 25% more renders = 25% more time is a bit... I dunno. Facile.
i get that but all these variables was on the last update too im not trying to be precise just trying to get close to when its going to be the update, i hope it doesnt take that long but since he says today is bigger it may take even longer than that and theres what i said still missing half of chap 2 rework, i know he is way faster now but the numbers i said was about chapter 3.5 to 4

i hope its way faster too, lets see how much time will take this one

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2022
i get that but all these variables was on the last update too im not trying to be precise just trying to get close to when its going to be the update, i hope it doesnt take that long but since he says today is bigger it may take even longer than that and theres what i said still missing half of chap 2 rework, i know he is way faster now but the numbers i said was about chapter 3.5 to 4

i hope its way faster too, lets see how much time will take this one
Keep in mind that he is already 350 renders in which is a blistering pace, all things considered. He had 190 the devlog before the dog-sitting trip.

Reactions: Srimanta

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Has Ocean said if the farm in SG is the same farm in WIAB?
I asked and he would not confirm or deny- nothing wrong with a mystery.

If it is the farm in WIAB, and the farm is still the same in the time of SG, then that is great news since this asset will not need to be built from scratch. He may need to add in areas that are not used in WIAB but it will still give a jump start to any of the farm scenes in SG.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
25% of 15 dev logs is almost 2 months more :unsure::unsure::unsure:

prob end of the year
It's kind of pointless trying to quantify the extra 25%.

Ocean said, "It's around 25% bigger than my usual update size." Considering the last five updates had a low of 1,390 and a high of 2,300 renders (nearly a thousand render difference), I am not sure exactly what a "usual update size" is... ;)

However, to hazard a guess based simply on previous render counts... with around 350 renders complete, there's likely at least 1,250-1,500 to go (excluding reworks and animation frames). Thus, Ch 5 will be ready when Ocean says it's ready...

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 506 Votes