funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
We can agree to disagree.

i think the new version so far have a better story where the dev explains the plot better , and flows way better than the previous ones also the renders are better as well
That's subjective, very subjective. Having more recent models/assets doesn't mean 'better' by any stretch of the imagination. Nicer isn't always better. Let's look at a title like "Now and Then" for example, some of crappiest assets were used, but the story is brilliantly written.

because storywise is flowing better than the previous version so far.
Story had zero issues before being rewritten (again this is a very subjective take on it, as literary appreciation is unique to each reader/player). I followed it just fine. In fact I relished it's initial complexity and darkness. Dumbing it down, once again, does not mean better.

And let me be clear, I'm by no means trying to take a dump on Ocean here. I know he's a competent creator. I know how complex a VN can get in it's story planning stages and how tedious playing with Blender can be. Ocean is not an idiot which begs my next 2 questions. Why even get hung up on forcing yourself to redo so many characters after they'd had already been established? Why the fuck would you paint yourself into a corner inside a round room, Ocean?

Meh, perhaps I'm not expressing myself properly, but either way, this has already been discussed to hell and back.
So, I'll go grab me some Tylenol and coffee, and try to wake up. Hangovers never agreed with me either....
small_whistling2.gif

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
That's subjective, very subjective. Having more recent models/assets doesn't mean 'better' by any stretch of the imagination. Nicer isn't always better. Let's look at a title like "Now and Then" for example, some of crappiest assets were used, but the story is brilliantly written.
Agree. Good renders are not equal good story.
But you mentioned Now and Then and bad assets. I disagree. N&T was made with Honey Select, not DAZ. Autor of N&T was trimmed for speed, not pretty renders. He made 20-30 new minutes of gameplay per month and you could set a clock how exact he was. Today you can't find a game with so much content per month. (I speak about visual novels, not sandbox, in VN you have to make every new scene, sandbox is usually just grind between few scenes, you get longer play, but without any real progress in game) And his renders are good for HS. Sound could be called weakness, But HS is in my eyes a good choice. It's a completely different style, HS is like manga, DAZ has more real characters, but I like both styles.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
But HS is in my eyes a good choice. It's a completely different style, HS is like manga, DAZ has more real characters, but I like both styles.
I can't disagree on that.
HS certainly has it's place. And that style of renders was a perfect fit for that VN. N&T wasn't meant to be 'pretty' anyhow given the darkness of the story being told. It kinda made Walking dead look childish in comparison. So HS assets was a perfect fit.

Not only that, you can also tell that creator has some form of artistic background just by how some scenes were framed and presented. A LOT of creativity went into that VN.

But I digress.
Back on topic.

I really want SG to be a great story and adventure. I got attached to many of the earlier characters before they got turned into a cartoon-ish result with the girls and the stupid 100, 8, 100 body dimensions. What's next? giving the MC a 16 inch long dick with a 9 inch girth and a bulge like he's walking around with one of the twin towers in his pants? I'm just so sick of seeing such a stupid style be overused by every other fucking VN, who the fuck is deranged enough to even find that appealing? So I'm hoping the story turns out to be fucking spectacular.

rjmm

Nov 22, 2017
About this, Nami could bring out her darker side again if Nika start dating Bella, Nami would has a rival again... this could be dangerous. It would be interesting to see a fight between Nami and Bella, both of them are conflictive
Yeah. And this also could happen with others LIs too. I don't see Nami dong well with the older ladies or having conflicting thoughts with someone she likes, like Vic, when her jealousy starts to bare its teeth. I think in the end, I see Nami as more possessive character who will have degrees of problems with any LI that isn't her.

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
While I like Ocean's work and I love SG and some of the new things/changes/reworks of the early renders, there's also things I didn't like. Gotta agree with funkymonkeyjedi just partially: I have said I prefer how Mila looked before. Her body and face, just as Nami's, were visibly different from others. In the rework her facial expressions look top notch, but her face changed, and at first it was hard for me not to notice how her breasts looked now huge, but also her legs, ass and shoulders looked fuller.

The cinematic with Nika's fight, as well as the intro, were amazing. I'd say before I understand why OCean removed them (because of the music licensing issue), but it's a shame to see them gone. I also liked the change made to Bella's behavior, but I can understand why others don't like her. For me it just feels like Ocean decided to be more descriptive about what goes through her mind and humanized her in a more evident way, but to others she's just a completely different person.

I do think, however, the changes were necessary. Ocean is trying to offer a VN unique in its genre (An adult visual novel that happens to have 'adult scenes', not only a mindless fuckfest) and he managed to get it on steam. It makes sense that when taking such an important, step, he wanted to make sure the quality of both earlier and latest renders matched perfectly.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I really want SG to be a great story and adventure. I got attached to many of the earlier characters before they got turned into a cartoon-ish result with the girls and the stupid 100, 8, 100 body dimensions. What's next? giving the MC a 16 inch long dick with a 9 inch girth and a bulge like he's walking around with one of the twin towers in his pants? I'm just so sick of seeing such a stupid style be overused by every other fucking VN, who the fuck is deranged enough to even find that appealing? So I'm hoping the story turns out to be fucking spectacular.
Ha ha. The worst thing that too many developers do today is: dick... OMG:.. WTF?! Is that a dick or a third leg grow on the false place and point in wrong direction?
Tits: Very front-heavy models who need weights on their backs to not fall on their nose.
I'm glad we have here not only front-heavy models, but most of them are. Second thing: if so many pretty faces are on one place it's probably Miss World pageant...
But i like both Ocean's games. ;)

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Yeah. And this also could happen with others LIs too. I don't see Nami dong well with the older ladies or having conflicting thoughts with someone she likes, like Vic, when her jealousy starts to bare its teeth. I think in the end, I see Nami as more possessive character who will have degrees of problems with any LI that isn't her.
The exact reason why I'm so much interested in Bella/Nami path... Ocean said it's possible (NO backsies now, Ocean... please...) One is possesive, one is crazy... Popcorn battle...

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
The exact reason why I'm so much interested in Bella/Nami path... Ocean said it's possible (NO backsies now, Ocean... please...) One is possesive, one is crazy... Popcorn battle...
Strangely, as much as I agree with you, I'm somehow more intrigued with how Victoria will turn out. Her and that other girl who does cam shows (I'm fucking horrible with names, I can't remember hers now for some reason). But yeah, As much as I can't wait to see how Bella & Nami pan-out (hopefully they will remain as interesting as before), but I'm more interested in the 2 aforementioned (Vic and aaaarg still drawing a blank on the other girl).

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Strangely, as much as I agree with you, I'm somehow more intrigued with how Victoria will turn out. Her and that other girl who does cam shows (I'm fucking horrible with names, I can't remember hers now for some reason). But yeah, As much as I can't wait to see how Bella & Nami pan-out (hopefully they will remain as interesting as before), but I'm more interested in the 2 aforementioned (Vic and aaaarg still drawing a blank on the other girl).
If we all wanted the same story (and girls), Ocean could comfortable make a kinetic novel with far less (hot) characters... But we're not all the same, and I'm glad we're not.
I like other girls too, and MILF's too. I'm glad we have so many good ones.
The only thing that is concerning is: too many paths=too much time between updates and uncertain end. We're speaking about decades. I don't think in a decade VN will look like this anymore.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Nami has a split personality, we'll call her "Iman," and her jealousy caused her violent killer self to emerge and murder Summer. She's also responsible for every other tragedy to strike the MC, including their parents' death. Take that, Hitchcock! View attachment 2692568
And we even put in a whitespace sometimes to prove that "I man" was supposed to be the secret trans person that was mentioned in earlier versions of the game. Sadly, this arc seems to have been erased from the story, so the whitespace is no longer needed.

• Wow
Reactions: DougsLeftNut

Ceoman

Jul 29, 2020
Guys can someone guide me for what Ocean uses for rendering? It`s different and I saw this style in 2 other games. Is he using Blender instead of Daz? Or is it about assets? This style is kinda unique from its rivals. Thank you.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Guys can someone guide me for what Ocean uses for rendering? It`s different and I saw this style in 2 other games. Is he using Blender instead of Daz? Or is it about assets? This style is kinda unique from its rivals. Thank you.
Ocean uses DAZ and Blender for his images, with a hearty seasoning of modified DAZ characters. While you can recognise most base DAZ characters used, they are modified and reworked to a high degree. in addition, Ocean takes the time to work on the background of a pic as well. e.g. we can see people moving, tallking in a bar or the customers at a petrol station are not static, but there is some coming and going.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: HogRocket

rjmm

Nov 22, 2017
Another thing about the rework.

It has been too much time since I last played the original version, but it has charm. However, Ocean stated that he no longer supports his original vision for the game. This means that, if he kept developing the game and had the change of heart, everybody would feel the absence of passion after some update. (If this would be a true in another universe, I don't know.)

I prefer to play a SG that Ocean stands for, even if the previous version had its charm. However, since it has become a road not travelled, the uncertain possible future of the original SG is something that will be left open to interpretation and theory.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
However, Ocean stated that he no longer supports his original vision for the game.
I was made to understand that SG was from a different creator and not Oceans originally (Unless I was baited). All he had to do was keep following the script that was given to him.

Either way, this is somewhat of a moot topic at this point. We will simply have to be patient and see what Ocean has in store for us at the next update. If it's going to be more redone crap or some actual story progression finally. I just hope that in the end this thread doesn't surpass the game story-wise in terms of being interesting I mean.

rjmm

Nov 22, 2017
I was made to understand that SG was from a different creator and not Oceans originally (Unless I was baited). All he had to do was keep following the script that was given to him.
SG is Ocean's, just like WIAB. At first, he had help from Regium to render/make art for SG which he already had the idea, but later Regium had to leave the project. So, SG was always Ocean's story.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Ocean uses DAZ and Blender for his images, with a hearty seasoning of modified DAZ characters. While you can recognise most base DAZ characters used, they are modified and reworked to a high degree. in addition, Ocean takes the time to work on the background of a pic as well. e.g. we can see people moving, tallking in a bar or the customers at a petrol station are not static, but there is some coming and going.
Ocean also is a master of lighting. That adds depth and dimension to a scene. He posted his rendering rig on here at one point and it's the equivalent of a Formula 1 race car compared to a lot of people rendering computers. More horsepower means more complex renders are possible. Layout, depth of field, lighting, textures; it all adds up.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Ocean also is a master of lighting. That adds depth and dimension to a scene. He posted his rendering rig on here at one point and it's the equivalent of a Formula 1 race car compared to a lot of people rendering computers. More horsepower means more complex renders are possible. Layout, depth of field, lighting, textures; it all adds up.
Agree, but it's a thin line between making too little or too much. You can check all boxes and have a scene rendered in hours or you uncheck some boxes and finish in 20 minutes and the consumer can't see the difference.

LonerPrime

Apr 9, 2018
Hey folks o/

Came to this one from WIAB! But, from what I am reading, this one seems to be a pretty story focused game. Generally, I enjoy story heavy offerings, but I generally avoid starting one if they are in the middle of WIP as I'm not a big fan of cliffhangers.

So put it short, as far as present content goes, how much of reading value can I expect out of this? Is the story fleshed out enough that there are meaningful routes to enjoy? Also, one last bit, was their any information shared by Ocean that tracks how far the game is from completion?

I understand that there is no sexual content currently and I'm cool with that as that is not priority for me, but I'm curious about the other aspects.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
how much of reading value can I expect out of this?
In hours? I dunno, depends how fast you read. Probably 3 or 4 hours?
Is the story fleshed out enough that there are meaningful routes to enjoy?
Yes.
was their any information shared by Ocean that tracks how far the game is from completion?
The game should be around 30 chapters, we're at chapter 4.5.
Next update (chapter 5) will conclude the first season, so it'll be more polished.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes